Nick Muche 09-Jan-23
TD 09-Jan-23
JSW 10-Jan-23
Zbone 10-Jan-23
Rock 12-Jan-23
EmbryOklahoma 12-Jan-23
WV Mountaineer 12-Jan-23
01-Oct-20
How does everyone clean there game - meat bags after getting them all bloody?

Just clean some of mine by soaking them in salt water for a few days then washing them in the washing machine twice with Oxy clean. they did not come out a clean looking as I was hoping, so looking for advise for future cleanings.

01-Oct-20
dish soap, water in the sink, rinse. All set, nice and white. Caribou bags

01-Oct-20
Just soaked mine in laundry soap and cold water then washing machine they came out sparkly. But they are Kuiu. I finally had it with cheapos. These were awesome

01-Oct-20
I soak them in warm water and keep rinsing until most of the blood is out. Then in washing machine with some bleach to disinfect (and also gets them white)

01-Oct-20
Peroxide. Just soak bloody bags in that. Then wash them. If the blood isn’t dried the peroxide will have your bag white

01-Oct-20
I just throw my caribou game bags in the washing machine. They come out clean every time.

01-Oct-20
Well mine are the Caribou bags and they are not even close to white yet. Will try some of these ideas but afraid may have permanently stained them.

01-Oct-20
I just dont kill anything so they dont get dirty......

01-Oct-20
In the laundry with my wifes clothes...

I just send them through the wash. Ed F

01-Oct-20
I soak them then throw them in the washing machine with some baking soda and Borax.

01-Oct-20
Don K, That is out of the question and not an option!!!! :-)

01-Oct-20
Just dye them red then you won't be able to tell. ;-)

01-Oct-20
Washing machine with Tide and warm water. Mine are Caribou as well and this is the 2nd year with them. They aren't dress shirt white, but are pretty darn clean compared to what they looked like going in. I make sure mine are good and dry, fold them, vac pack them and put them right back in the kill kit for next year. Vac packing cuts their volume in half or greater taking up less room in the pack.

01-Oct-20
First. Turn them inside out and hose any meat remnants off.

Second. Soak in cold water and detergent in a cooler. You gotta wash the cooler anyway.

Third. Hang outside and let dry.

Fourth. Tell your ol lady to wash them

01-Oct-20
Brad, you do not have an OL Lady.

01-Oct-20
Mine are all home made from cotton, often old sheets. They stain and will look like you would imagine. That said they are easy to get clean. 1. Soak in cold water as soon as you can. Make sure you turn them inside out so the meat/coagulated blood can come off in the wash.

2. Drain and pick off anything stuck on and then soak again in cold water. You can add a little bleach if you like but it doesn't matter.

3. Wash with regular detergent and then turn right side out and wash again.

01-Oct-20
I rinse off my Kuiu or black Ovis bag in the sink and then turn inside out and throuw in washing machine with some bleach.

02-Oct-20
I use a local laundry mat to do mine, not my home washing machine.

I do hose them off at home from the clothes line first though.

Good Idea, dye them red!! haha

Robb

02-Oct-20
I wash mine in the washing machine. When my wife is not home . . . .:)

I also use her pot to boil ivories clean, again, when she’s not home.

02-Oct-20
Why do they need to be white? If they’re white you aren’t killing enough stuff! Get then clean and toss them back in your pack.

02-Oct-20
Soak in a tote with dawn dish soap for an hour, then wring them out to air dry for a bit. After that I wash them on a long cycle with bleach and detergent. They come out looking great. In the past month I’ve washed around 60 game bags of all brands. KUIU, TAG, Caribou, and my new favorite Argali’s. They all get pretty darn white and clean but the Caribou bags are the hardest to return to normal, followed by TAG bags. The KUIU bags did well and the Argali’s did the best.

02-Oct-20
I run through washing machine. 2x. Once, then turn inside/right side out and again. Hang dry no need to use drier. Who cares if they have some stains?

02-Oct-20
I soak mine in COLD water for a few hours.....then wash with scent free pods. They come out very white each time. COLD water is the ticket, IMO.

02-Oct-20
Washing machine, some bleach, regular detergent. They come out fine

02-Oct-20
I'm on a septic system so no bleach in the washer so I soak mine in the coolers with dish soap overnight then rinse off on the fence with hose then put bleach and water in cooler and soak for another night rinse off again than I can wash them in the washer, they come out looking almost new.

02-Oct-20
Bleach weakens the fabric

02-Oct-20
I soak them in cold water and then throw them in the washing machine. Not perfectly white but they are clean and that is all that matters. Also a good idea to make sure they are empty. My wife was removing the washed bags from the dryer and found the tail that I had forgotten in the bag. Next time I double checked and found a set of testicles that I had forgot in one.

02-Oct-20
Cold water. Hydrogen peroxide and dish soap then baking soda.

Then hang dry on my wife’s lingerie rack. She appreciates that.

09-Jan-23
Baking soda and a little dish soap

09-Jan-23
Nothing special, normal washing machine, normal soap, set to quick wash setting hot, I wash them once inside out, a second time outside in. Need to check the machine for small bits of debris.

09-Jan-23
That Oxyclean works good

09-Jan-23
For those That use detergent what brand are you running In your washing machine

09-Jan-23
Lol

09-Jan-23
Man, I was looking forward to soaking in a bath with lavender bath bombs and oxiclean.....

Coach says an extra bath this season might bank a few extra much needed bonus points.....

10-Jan-23
I hand wash them in a bucket cold water and laundry detergent. While doing this I try to get all the chunks out. It generally doesn't take long.

I then wash them in the washing machine with more detergent and about 1/4 cup of bleach. I have bags that have been washed many, many times and have never had one deteriorate due to the bleach.

10-Jan-23
Thanks for sharing...

12-Jan-23
Wow, I forgot all about starting this 2+ years ago.

12-Jan-23

EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
EmbryOklahoma's embedded Photo
I wash mine out with the garden hose and then run them through the washing machine with unscented soap pictured. Hang out to dry. Easy peasy.

12-Jan-23
I just rinse them out and wash them. I don’t worry about the stains.

• Sitka Gear