APauls 07-Oct-20
RIT 07-Oct-20
Ucsdryder 07-Oct-20
Huntcell 07-Oct-20
Pat Lefemine 07-Oct-20
crestedbutte 07-Oct-20
bigswivle 07-Oct-20
05-Oct-20
Why when you share a a .jpeg or pic taken with a fairly recent I-phone in a post does it come out mostly fuzzy? It didn’t used to be this bad and seems that the picture quality of loaded images has gone way down. Pat feel free to PM if needed. Thx,

05-Oct-20
I have no idea what you are seeing but I can say that I’m not seeing any degradation of image quality and have received zero complaints to date. It’s possible there’s a good explanation for this but I think it’s localized to your phone.

05-Oct-20
I think I see pic quality/degradation at its worst when someone post a pic with the subject in the background (for example a buck in a bean field or a pic that has some form of text in it like hunting reg’s or sign) maybe it’s localized to only the KS Forum..who knows? Thx for the response.

05-Oct-20
Yeah when I look at pics on this site from my phone they tend to suck in comparison when I pull them up on my computer

05-Oct-20
Mobile pics on this site are optimized for faster speed whereas pics displayed on PCs are optimized for quality. The same pic on a PC will be 2x the resolution. Has been this way for at least 5 years.

05-Oct-20
I too notice the lack of quality in the photos on a mobile device. Kinda crazy that a up to date smart phone can take a crystal clear photo. Post it to bow site and you have to squint to focus it.

05-Oct-20
Yes. I can’t see any detail on the photos either.

05-Oct-20
I discovered that you need to turn your phone sideways (landscape) to view pictures and the quality gets much better. Try that and let me know if that helps. TODDY

05-Oct-20
Hell, I gotta turn my phone just to see pics that won’t rotate

05-Oct-20
I work in the internet/telecommunications repair industry and IMHO, iphones are junk... I've never owned an apple product and from my experience working with them daily, will never personally own one either...

06-Oct-20
My apple stock would disagree with you. I have owned almost every version of the iPhone and they work fine if you take care of them.

06-Oct-20
All the pictures on this site r blurry on my phone.

06-Oct-20
Pat when you say optimized for speed are you referring to server connection speed or the end user? If end user is there any chance that gets reviewed? LTE was fully deployed around 2013 and 5G is launched in many places and will be fully deployed over the next few years. Mobile device speeds will be greater than most home PCs. Not to mention chip speeds in handsets are light years ahead of five years ago.

06-Oct-20
I checked some pics on mobile (iPhone 11) vs my PC with a 4k monitor and can't see much difference. I'd assume though, that this site downsizes some images to conserve server space? That being the case you're not gonna be able to zoom into images stored here, with the same full detail like you can see with original images you take & view on your phone.

06-Oct-20
It is a phone thing. Pics are full quality on PC. But Pat already mentioned that.

Zbone you have to be kidding. I've had in the neighbourhood of 40 staff phones for 15 years. About 8 years ago went to solely iPhones and my repairs over 8 years of nearly 40 phones has been 2 phones that were faulty from factory (about 4 years ago), a couple batteries, and some cracked screens. Prior to that androids, blackberries could never last 2 years. Apple phones flat out work.

06-Oct-20
Must be a phone thing. I have some really quality photos and I upload them and they look blurry and crappy on my iPhone.

06-Oct-20
Maybe Android can get a popup ad on here - Haha!

06-Oct-20
Pics that look great on my android s20 look like crap on bowsite on same phone but are fine on PC.

06-Oct-20
anybody know a short cut to finding someone's handle so you can send them a PM? I always want to PM someone but have to end up remembering a thread they posted on and then dig deep for it. I'm sure you could maybe google it & shorten your search but i was hoping there is a feature on this site i don't know about.

06-Oct-20
Wow.... guess I wasn’t the only one that is frustrated with the pic quality when a pic is taken with a mobile device and uploaded to a Bowsite post with same mobile device. The quality didn’t used to be this bad?

Just for the record, I have an use an I-phone 8. May perform a test and take a pic with my I-Phone 8 and my wife’s I-Phone 11 and load both to this Bowsite thread to see if there is a difference in uploaded pic quality...Hmmm?

06-Oct-20
I think the problem may be that you went to OU? Their quality has suffered severely as well ;?)

07-Oct-20
The pictures aren't great on my samsung either

07-Oct-20
Picture resolution is directly tied to download speeds. We have threads like “fall colors” that will take a lot longer to download if I even ratchet up the mobile resolution just 10%. Then I’ll have a thread complaining that Bowsite is slower than it used to be!

And not everyone has 4G LTE with 5 bars everywhere they go. Lots of my visitors have 3G or 1 bar LTE.

It’s not a simple change when you understand the implications of running a site visited by over 2 million bowhunters a year.

But I will consider an incremental improvement or perhaps give you an option to click to download a high resolution image.

I appreciate your feedback.

07-Oct-20
Click Option for picture resolution enhancement would be great!

07-Oct-20
Ooooh I like the click option idea.

07-Oct-20
For what it is worth 3G is on the way out. Termination approval date is 2022 and there have been countless 3G spectrum carves to support both LTE and 5G growth. Probably in the neighborhood of 15% of 3G has been shutdown already and is not part of any new growth work. 99% of 3G data is now fiber fed so it’s considered HSPA+. The theory of 3G speed is North of 7 Mbps but in real world scenarios 3-5 is probably more likely. Thats pretty good speed to view photos. I would also bet that a lot of users are connected to WiFi when they are at home browsing bowsite. I know plenty of folks including myself that have 1000 mbps pipes on fiber to their house. It’s under $70 a month for more speed than you can possibly use. An option to see a high resolution photo would be a fantastic improvement.

07-Oct-20
Click option!!!!! I browse 100% on my phone and there are lots of times I can’t see what someone is referring to in a picture. The resolution is just too poor.

07-Oct-20
Pat your doing great work. Digital Icon of the most widely viewed bowhunter website in the world.

Future Bowhunter Hall of Fame candidate for sure.

07-Oct-20
Picture resolution is directly tied to download speeds. We have threads like “fall colors” that will take a lot longer to download if I even ratchet up the mobile resolution just 10%. Then I’ll have a thread complaining that Bowsite is slower than it used to be!

And not everyone has 4G LTE with 5 bars everywhere they go. Lots of my visitors have 3G or 1 bar LTE.

It’s not a simple change when you understand the implications of running a site visited by over 2 million bowhunters a year.

But I will consider an incremental improvement or perhaps give you an option to click to download a high resolution image.

I appreciate your feedback.

07-Oct-20
Pat, Thx for hearing us and considering tweaking and or providing a photo enhancement option.

07-Oct-20
Even when my phone is connected to WiFi the pics on Bowsite r still fuzzy. I have an iPhone 10X(I think).

• Sitka Gear