newfi1946moose 11-Oct-20
Dennis Razza 14-Oct-20
Chuckster 15-Oct-20
Saphead 16-Oct-20
drycreek 16-Oct-20
LKH 16-Oct-20
CFMuley 17-Oct-20
08-Oct-20
Brought the full size black bear mounts from storage to a den room in the house. Some of the hair will not lie down in the proper direction. Has anyone had to deal with such and what did you do to get it to lie flat in the direction it should? Thanks in advance for any help.

08-Oct-20
mousse

08-Oct-20
Hair gel of some sort works well

08-Oct-20
Dixie Peach.

08-Oct-20
Hair shouldn’t lay down it should be fluffed up

09-Oct-20
Whip, most of it is. I was always careful to remove sheet covers in the direction of the lie of the hair. A burlap cover must have been pulled against the lie of the hair and a patch about a foot square is standing straight up.

09-Oct-20
You can use a hand spray bottle filled with water and lightly mist the hair around that area or the whole bear until the hair is damp. Take a blow dryer on the cool setting and blow the hair back against the grain. I use a clean shop vac. You don’t really want the hair to lay flat or look plastered down.

09-Oct-20
How about tring to wet it with water? In just one spot, just to see if it works.

09-Oct-20
Butcher boy is right just mist with water and blow dry. If you use a blow dryer turn off heat or set on low. Don’t Wet so much that You soak the skin. We use dog brushes while drying working hair to get it how you want. If you still can’t get it let your wife do it

11-Oct-20
Thanks, guys. Water spray and hair dryer seems to be working. Have a great hunting season and stay safe.

14-Oct-20
Leaf blower or shop vacuum on reverse is a good grooming tool for bear. Fluff the hair and it should fall into place. Good luck!

15-Oct-20
When I was a kid, mom used to lick her fingers and rub it on my forehead to get my hair to lay down.

16-Oct-20
STEAM

16-Oct-20
Brylcream ?

16-Oct-20
Get it moist with a wet towel for a while then iron it. Or have your wife do it.

17-Oct-20
Leaf blower or a steamer

• Sitka Gear