WV Mountaineer 22-Oct-20
Native Okie 22-Oct-20
Missouribreaks 31-Oct-23
Grey Ghost 31-Oct-23
maxracx 31-Oct-23
rickepanton 16-Nov-23
IsaacMoore 16-Nov-23
21-Oct-20
I feel pretty connected to a lot of folks on here and just thought I would share a career change with you all. Many of you know we have a family business where we manufacture kitchens and resell kitchens as well as do full renovations. We have 12 designers and do some really awesome work here at Gateway Kitchen and Bath (Totally harmless self plug ;) Anyways, I grew up in the business and out of 4 brothers ended up being the one to take the reigns as leader of the companies, even though we all work together. My brother Matt also paved his own trail and started a tile installation business.7 years ago we also opened up a granite and quartz countertop business with my cousin. It's been a trip. I'm 15 years in full time and 5 years as CEO, but have had my struggles personally. Best staff to work with a person could ask for.

Anyways, long story short we sold a part of the business and brought in an awesome partner and friend to run the businesses, which has enabled me to move on into something wildlife related. I am moving on to be CEO of a company called Churchill Wild where we do luxury ecotours up in Northern Manitoba. The big draw is polar bears. There is also outstanding beluga, moose, caribou, wolf, fox, etc viewing, even wolverines. Anyways, we are the only company out there with luxury lodges in polar bear country doing walking tours with polar bears. A photographers dream, and just super super cool stuff. I'm really pumped about the opportunity. A lot of career advice etc comes across this site, and I am excited to get into something that aligns with my passions, without having to sacrifice our family business and be able to stay involved on that front. Looking forward to many good years up there - and my goodness you should see the size of some of the BULLS up there!!! Wowzers!!!

21-Oct-20
Congrats sounds awesome! Can we come up and put arrows through them? Then take pictures???

21-Oct-20
Sounds like you are following your dreams. I commend and congratulate you!

Best of luck to you in your new venture!!!

21-Oct-20
Dang getting system errors when trying to upload some pictures for eye candy.

21-Oct-20
Adam, congratulations! It sounds like you are truly blessed and I wish you nothing but success.

I was a funeral director in the 90's and was miserable. It felt good to help folks through a terrible time but it was taking a toll on me. It was a tough decision for me to change careers, I was making pretty good money and had put myself through college and mortuary school so I had that investment as well. I made the switch to HR and safety for an oil and gas company and it all worked out. There are still some rough days but it is work after all. To me, the bottom line is; You can BS your friends, family, wife, kids etc. but you can never BS yourself. Only you know when you're not truly happy in a career. Again, best of luck and it sounds like you'll be doing something you're passionate about (watch out for those polar bears)!

21-Oct-20
Way to go...Having something you are passionate about, and can make money with is so important. Hopefully they will reopen the border one of these days so you can have some Americans come up.

Supernaut, Part of our business is oilfield service and transport. I deal with guys like you all the time!

21-Oct-20
Good for you to take that step! Good luck.

21-Oct-20
That is awesome Adam! Very excited for you guys! Can't wait to see the pics!

21-Oct-20
Really happy for you and proud of you bro! Here's to the next season of life and the memories that will be made!!

21-Oct-20
GL bud. Think and advertise like a hippy; you're catering to a different group. I'm sure you know that though. Find where wealthy urbanites congregate and advertise there. Take all those fruit's money and revel in it.

21-Oct-20
Sounds like a fantastic place to live and work, congratulations, Adam!

21-Oct-20
Sounds awesome! Might have to look it up some days. Photography is becoming more and more something I enjoy. I am not a big bucket list kind of guy but outside of hunting one trip I really want to make is to see the Northern Lights/Aurora Borealis. Sounds like you might have a place to get some great pictures of both wildlife and the Auroras! Good luck hope it exceeds your expectations.

21-Oct-20
Good luck with your new venture, Adam!

21-Oct-20
Congratulations and best wishes.

21-Oct-20
Good luck Adam!

21-Oct-20
You should contact BB [Bill Allard] on here and give him a promo discount and get him up there to do some photography.

Once people see his stuff and where it was taken, you'll be set

21-Oct-20
Holy smokes, Adam! You hinted to me you were contemplating a career change, but I never envisioned something like this! Sounds like an incredible opportunity and is right in your wheelhouse as well. Wishing you great success and enjoyment in this new endeavor. Congrats!

21-Oct-20
Good luck on your new adventure and hope it works out well sounds like a hoot congrats Lewis

21-Oct-20
Congrats Adam! Doing something that you love doesn't seem like work.

21-Oct-20
Congrats, by the way I'm super jealous.

21-Oct-20
Great news and congratulations!

Working in a postcard never gets old;-)

21-Oct-20
Congrats! With the right marketing, you'll be booked solid and have more money than you can spend. Good luck.

21-Oct-20
Sounds a great deal for you, enjoy.

21-Oct-20
What Bowfreak said !

21-Oct-20
Congrats!!

21-Oct-20
I think that is a great business idea that will grow by leaps and bounds. Congratulations.

21-Oct-20
All the best in your new endeavor APauls......

21-Oct-20
Awesome and you sound super pumped! So pumped I'm pumped for you and I'm not part of it!!

But, I swear, if you show one friggin starving polar bear........!! lol

21-Oct-20
Wow thank you guys, thank you so much for the many kinds words and encouragement! This is such a heat community to be a part of thank you all for making it that way. Being in the family business I never entertained the thought of a career change ever being a thing. Your kind words mean a ton to me. Thanks guys.

21-Oct-20

JohnMC's Link
We need a bowsite promo

22-Oct-20
Good luck with the career change Adam!

22-Oct-20
Good for you Adam!!

Happy for ya man

Keep us Posted--------->

Good luck, Robb

22-Oct-20
Wow that's really cool! I would imagine hunting season would be prime business time. How does that work for you? Maybe I'm wrong. That pic of th PB in the middle of all the purple flowers is pretty cool too!

22-Oct-20
Wow Adam, what a change! Best of luck with the new role! Your business will show some great gains once C-19 isn't an issue. And figure out how we can get into some good CCBG Caribou bow hunting!

I was on a flight back to Winnipeg from Churchill (I'd been in Nunavut) almost exactly two years ago we picked up about 20 people who had been polar bear watching (all in red tour provided parkas). A lady PB watcher seated next to me showed me photos of 44 different polar bears from her week there...pretty cool. I told her I'd hunted them but wouldn't share the photos with her.

22-Oct-20
Good luck on this new chapter Adam! Hopefully this new adventure doesn't detract from your walleye fishing! (Open water and Ice) You lay into some big greenbacks up there!

22-Oct-20
As others have said, good luck.

Just from your posts, I believe you will succeed in pretty much what-ever you choose. A positive attitude such as yours will breed success.

Two thumbs up!

22-Oct-20
Good for you!

22-Oct-20
APauls. That's awesome. You will love it. Not many eco tours show positive results and longevity. That place is one of the best. Congratulations and the best of luck to you !!

22-Oct-20
I’m happy for you. Congrats and Good luck.

22-Oct-20
Good luck Adam!

31-Oct-23
Best wishes APauls, sounds like an exciting venture.

31-Oct-23
Best of luck in your new role!

Actually, I think Adam has been at it for 3 years, now.

31-Oct-23
APauls, best of luck on your new adventure!!!

16-Nov-23
The opportunity to connect one's passion with their profession is truly special, and the wildlife experiences and photography opportunities that come with it must be awe-inspiring.

16-Nov-23
Hello @itpauhayspot1987, absolutely, it's always inspiring to hear about remarkable career changes like the one you mentioned. Moving from a family business to becoming the CEO of Churchill Wild, focusing on luxury ecotours with polar bears, is indeed a remarkable journey. For those considering career changes or exploring new paths, resources like trade schools can provide valuable insights and options. You can explore further educational and career opportunities at https://www.onlytradeschools.com/ . Wishing you continued success in your career journey and adventures with polar bears!

• Sitka Gear