Trial153 26-Oct-20
Tonybear61 26-Oct-20
t-roy 26-Oct-20
midwest 26-Oct-20
Brotsky 26-Oct-20
t-roy 26-Oct-20
IdyllwildArcher 27-Oct-20
22-Oct-20
Have noticed that the 2021 ATA Show in January has been cancelled. Also received notice yesterday that 2021 SCI Convention in February has been cancelled.

What's next to cancel?

22-Oct-20
Hopefully not the P&Y convention but I have my doubts.

22-Oct-20
“What’s next to cancel? “

After we get uncle Joe canceled life will resume.

22-Oct-20
Probably the Sheep Show, too...

Really hoping P&Y is still on! Will be an awesome venue!

22-Oct-20
Hopefully not the rest of 2021 !

22-Oct-20
Pope and Young is still on, make sure you register early. It's not beyond the real of possibility that the number of attendees could be limited due to state mandates.

22-Oct-20
The NWTF announced it cancelled the Feb. Convention & Sport Show in Nashville. It will hold a virtual convention.

22-Oct-20
The NFR was moved to Dallas from Vegas, so I wonder what the RMEF is gonna do. It goes on the same time as the rodeo.

22-Oct-20
That's a damn shame. One more victim of the China virous.

22-Oct-20
Hunt Expo in SLC Utah is currently still on for mid-Feb

22-Oct-20
As ghost bird said NWTF cancelled.What really burns me as they haven't followed up with any "virtual show"we'll be notified in Nov..The deposits are in limbo and paid sums.Also if you don't want to wait and would like your money back then you are out.Meaning go to the back of the line. What really bothers me is that no one was asked.I have attended for many years.No one asked what the venders thoughts, concerns,ideas or anything. Money is the driving force behind all these groups and shows now. Renfro is planning on proceeding with their shows.

22-Oct-20
I absolutely support these cancellations. We all have to do our part. Remember, it's not just about you, it's about others as well. Bringing people together from many different states at this time is a terrible idea.

22-Oct-20
People at risk or scared are welcome and encouraged to stay home. Personal responsibility works.

22-Oct-20
What next is any major event. If billion dollar industries are going fanless a few hunting shows are not going to register as a smart exception

22-Oct-20
The Harrisburg show has also been cancelled

22-Oct-20
meh.... the largest category of attendees was probably comprised of media, and youtube/ insta/facebook hunting "celebrities" anyways. For the last few years dealer/ buyer attendance was poo anyways.

22-Oct-20
I’m in 14 quarantine. Good time to hunt

22-Oct-20
As long as THE RUT doesn’t get cancelled I’m good...

22-Oct-20
The CDC asked our hospital how many vaccines we need and said to have a plan in place for their use for as early as January for healthcare workers and at risk populations.

I really hope that these vaccines are effective and get numbers down quickly.

22-Oct-20
I heard this week that SCI has been canceled and Sheep Show is “virtual”, which to me means canceled.

Sad state of affairs...

—Jim

22-Oct-20
I think Dallas SCI IS still on for mid February

23-Oct-20
I agree that large gatherings are not a good idea at this time. Last year the NWTF Sport Show & Convention had 57,000 attendees.

23-Oct-20
I was kinda hoping the Murder Hornet was going to take off too....A new species and all! :-)

23-Oct-20
We are still full steam ahead for the P&Y Convention and all that goes with it. Sign up for the early-bird registration and save some good money!

24-Oct-20
"I absolutely support these cancellations. We all have to do our part. Remember, it's not just about you, it's about others as well. Bringing people together from many different states at this time is a terrible idea." Agree 100%.

24-Oct-20
Roy........Is there any kind of contingency plan for reimbursement if the convention gets canceled? I’m still definitely planning on attending.

24-Oct-20
T-Roy:

Yes, there will be options for reimbursement like there was for VA. Hope to see you there, buddy.

25-Oct-20
Bowfest in DuLac WI end of July was not cancelled. Although some wimps (e.g. Ted) backed out at the last moment.Lots some fans on that one. Concerts and vendors mostly outdoors in steamy hot conditions. Unlike Sturgis not even a blip anywhere on case counts. The smaller venue and the outdoor venue probably helped but I know for a fact there were people in very close proximity screaming and cheering when the bands came out. Kentucky Headhunters and HAirball were awesome. The lead guitarist was recovering from cancer so if a repressed autoimuune person attended without issue that demonstrated the overall safety of an outdoor venue. I saw plates from at least 8-10 states so it wasn't just local deal.

If the heiarchy of controls are adhered to it reduces the risk. New CDC guidelines about contact tracing are coming out from a MMR study of incarcerated people. Well, I am not living in a jail or corrections facility so not sure how much validity there is in changing the contact guidelines.

25-Oct-20
We better learn to live with this and take the hits or there is not going to be anything left to live for...we can't go on like this forever or even much longer...

25-Oct-20
I will attend the PY convention but will wait some for more conformation it will happen for sure. Paul

26-Oct-20
GSCO and WSF both cancelled shows in Reno, citing current and future planned restrictions making it not feasible to hold the event. Whats different for P&Y?

26-Oct-20
Amount of people

26-Oct-20

Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Tilzbow's embedded Photo
Conventions of up to 1,000 with no more than 250 in an area/room are allowed in NV since late September. That said we’re spiking, along with the rest of the world, so it wouldn’t surprise me if this was rolled back to earlier and more restrictive levels.

26-Oct-20
Even based on the current plan it seems like it would not lend itself to successful and enjoyable convention provided the guidelines are followed.

26-Oct-20
So at the magical number 249 its not an issue. The new guidelines say if you have been in contact within 6 ft. a 15 minute total with a infected person or one showing symptoms you should self-quarratine. So if it's 13.275 minutes you are OK? Well, there is the caveat if the person was actively coughing, sneezing or talking loudly. The fact is there are so many variables they just don't know. One of the first movies ever made was that of a human sneeze, very graphic in how disease is spread via that route. Since its in respiratory droplets and unknown how many virus per droplet it takes to infect, there is no fine line between safe and dangerous. In reality they shouldn't be publishing a number but unfortunately the public demands it.

26-Oct-20
^^^^We might have to make alternative plans for the get together in Zackman’s room!

26-Oct-20
Covid might be easier to take than the hangover!

26-Oct-20
I don’t know why you’re worried about Zack’s room. I’m pretty sure alcohol has been proven effective at stopping the spread.

26-Oct-20
Treeman doesn’t drink. He’s been known to be a super spreader..........Generally it’s misinformation, but he’s very multifaceted.

27-Oct-20
Only way I'm not going is if it's canceled or if I get COVID within 14 days of the convention. Looks more and more like I'll be immunized by April anyways.

• Sitka Gear