xtroutx 28-Nov-20
xtroutx 28-Nov-20
Buckiller 28-Nov-20
CAS_HNTR 28-Nov-20
altitude sick 28-Nov-20
xtroutx 29-Nov-20
Titan_Bow 30-Nov-20
28-Nov-20
Anyone have any? I am looking at the Aegis jacket for late season bow hunting in northern wisconsin. Any info would be appreciated.

28-Nov-20
Kryptek.. sorry!

28-Nov-20

Buckiller's embedded Photo
Buckiller's embedded Photo
I bought the vellus pants and jacket this year. Very light weight yet warm and quiet. I also hunt in northern wi, so far it's kept me plenty warm. On the colder mornings I put my cabelas bibs over. Wearing them as I type this from the stand.

28-Nov-20
I don't have that item specifically but have several things......very good products and quality in my opinion.

28-Nov-20

altitude sick's embedded Photo
altitude sick's embedded Photo
I have several pieces and agree, the quality is just average.

29-Nov-20
Thanks for the info.

30-Nov-20
I've always wondered about the Aegis set as well. I have a lot of Kryptek, and I like it though, especially when you pick it up on sale. I've had the Krono rain set for years, and its held up well. Granted, I live in Colorado, and honestly, it gets about 90% use as wind protection or reprieve from quick high country rain storms, I've never really had to wear it in all day rains or anything. It fits well, and has good pocket layout. I have the Vellus set as well. Its my go-to for later season hunting and whitetail hunting. Layered with merino, mid layers, etc. and its warm down to teens or so easily, if not colder. I will say for the Vellus jacket, when temps get below freezing, the internal windbreak "layer" thats inside the Vellus can be a little noisy. Not terribly noisy, but you do have to be mindful of it when rifling through your pockets. I have the valhalla pants, and they are super lightweight and comfortable, but they do not last long. The seams are mostly single stitched and stuff starts freying pretty quick. I get probably 2 seasons out of a pair. Again, if you can find them on sale for 40-60 bucks, they are not bad. I do like their merino stuff probably the best. Ive got several older quarter zip tops that have been through the wash a lot and been worn on many hunts, and other than being a little faded, they have held up well.

• Sitka Gear