Shiras42 04-Dec-20
Quinn @work 04-Dec-20
Whitey 04-Dec-20
RIT 05-Dec-20
SteveBNY 05-Dec-20
30-Nov-20
how do I report a suspected scam ?

30-Nov-20
Contact Pay, Phil or Charlie. I assume it's a classified scam.

30-Nov-20
Hey Joel, just send me an PM. Thanks

01-Dec-20
hopefully you used paypal,i had a situation last january,paypal contacted the scammer no reply then it took about 2 weeks and i got my money back

01-Dec-20
I will never use PayPal again. Someone hacked my PayPal account and within 2 minutes had my balance stolen to their account and then got my credit card number I had on file with PayPal and started taking cash advances. I received a text from PayPal about 7 minutes after the first transaction that I had made a transaction and called them immediately but of course can't get a live person. Finally did though. They determined the transactions to not be fraud (based on what I don't know) and said I owed them $530 because I stopped payment on my credit card immediately which provided a negative balance in my PayPal account.

Never again PayPal and I still have a negative balance that will never be positive.

01-Dec-20
Though not completely secure, payment services, like PayPal, Apple Pay, Google Pay, etc, are still more safe than providing your credit card number to every website that you buy from.

Matt

01-Dec-20
I had my pay pal account hacked 4 years ago. Haven’t used it since

01-Dec-20
I got scammed on ebay,it switched pages without you knowing .I filed about a dozen police reports that day and got my money back the next.What I do now is go to google earth and do a search of the address for the business and if I can't find on street view I don't buy from them.

04-Dec-20
Something to note on PayPal is they don’t cover fraud on anything with a motor. Had some jerks try to scam me out of a $30K boat last year. Seemed fishy, called PayPal was told how they’d place money in my account, pick up the boat, get the title then move the money out of my account immediately after they drove away. I told them I’d love to do the deal and would first meet them at a bank of their choice and go to the counter while they got the cashiers check which would then be deposited in my account and clear before I’d sign the title over. They said that’d be hard since they lived on “the base”. I said really, you’re going to keep a boat and trailer on a military base? Never heard from them again but I did sell the boat to a Marine Vet days lasted and he’s a great guy.

Point is, be careful and trust your gut.....

04-Dec-20
PP screwed me. I bought something and on "ebay". I got the shipment which was not what I ordered. There was a small toy in the box. I Filed with ebay and PP. The guy said he shipped it to me and it showed I received it to PayPal Ebay. PayPal said I'm out of luck because the seller showed I got it. Yep I Got It!!!

04-Dec-20
Caution on PayPal. While I have had successful re-claims, etc. I did run into a situation where I lost about $50 during the pandemic. I opened a dispute with PayPal, the seller said due to the pandemic shipping was delayed (which did make sense) but the dispute automatically closes after x number of days. I found out later YOU CANNOT OPEN A DISPUTE ON THE SAME CHARGE MORE THAN ONCE.

04-Dec-20
Creat crazy passwords and phrases.. change them often, use a password software ..

04-Dec-20
It’s not just PayPal it’s everything. I’d rather have fraud on my credit card then something linked to my account. My wife’s Venmo account was hacked a few weeks ago which is linked directly to our checking account. They stole $3800 in a series of 5 transactions before Venmo noticed anything. Luckily I have a world class bank and they took care of almost everything. I did have to close the account though which created another whole mess to clean up.

04-Dec-20
Yeah. I'm done with PayPal too. I had a fraudulent charge go onto my account and notified them in just minutes. They claimed the transaction was not fraud. I told them, "It's my account. I'm telling you it's fraud." They weren't going to reverse the charge. I called my credit card company and disputed the charge, cancelled that card and had a new one issued. If I buy anything from the classifieds, I'm going to have to figure out GooglePay or something because I'm not using PayPal.

04-Dec-20
Danny, I hate paypal because of their ridiculous passwords...At one point it was something like...Ifukinghatepaypal12!4

Obviously that is not it exactly, but you get my drift.

04-Dec-20
If I can’t use a reputable credit card for the transaction it has to be cash in person. Way too many scammers. Google pay has its own set of scammers too

04-Dec-20
Providing your credit card number to a web site is the safest way to conduct online purchases. It’s the safest way to transact any business. You are completely protected from fraud. If you provide any service access to a non CC bank account you are a moron.

05-Dec-20
Hundreds of millions of people use money transfer services. I’ve had 2 linked to my checking account for about 15 years and it got scammed finally. I think it was a link that did us in because if you understand anything about money transfer companies like Venmo (you clearly don’t) you would understand they don’t have your banking info. One time in 15 years and hundreds of thousands of dollars transferred for the convenience I’ll take it. I can send money anytime anywhere with a click of a button at no cost.

And every penny in the checking account is completely covered. Took the bank three or four days to reverse the theft but it was easy.

05-Dec-20
Crazy passwords are a PIA but go a long way to protect you. DO NOT have them autosaved - enter manually every time. Also set up dual authorization requiring a text or email code be sent to you every time. Another PIA, but they go after the easy ones.

• Sitka Gear