BULELK1 03-Dec-20
APauls 03-Dec-20
Live2Hunt 03-Dec-20
JohnMC 03-Dec-20
Live2Hunt 03-Dec-20
rooster 03-Dec-20
skookumjt 03-Dec-20
02-Dec-20
I'm going to invest in a truck bed storage system similar to the Decked drawer system. Anyone have any recommendations for other options? Pros/cons?

I'm having trouble understanding why the Decked brand are specific to trucks. Seems like it would be a better idea to have a universal one so I can transfer it to other vehicles.

02-Dec-20
I'm not familiar with other options, but I've used Truck Vault in my trucks for 20+ years. They're pretty expensive and are also truck specific. If you're handy though, you can use the central drawers in another vehicle and rebuild, or build, new surrounding storage boxes around it. I've done that a couple of times for a new truck. Anything in the drawers is very secure. I've also had toppers on all my trucks, so I can't speak to how weather proof it is.

02-Dec-20
BULELK1 has something like that I believe.

02-Dec-20
Skook, I picked up a "decked" system for a Chevy Colorado from Craigslist for $300. I put it in my 2010 Dodge 1500 with the 6' box and secured it down. Now it is in my Ford Raptor 5'4" box with a toneau cover. It gives me about a foot at the back with top to bottom bed space. To be honest I think I prefer this to having the entire bed filled.

02-Dec-20

McCree's embedded Photo
McCree's embedded Photo
I cannot recommend other options but I can say I really like my Decked system. I found mine used and was a little skeptical at first but sold on the idea now. We camp with 3 kids frequently so it makes a great pantry for food at those times. Come hunting season I can store a variety of stuff and not worry about it sliding around in the bed or taking up the backseat. It's safe, secure and dry. I put a raised topper on there and really don't loose much headroom.

02-Dec-20

Shiras42's embedded Photo
Shiras42's embedded Photo

02-Dec-20
There was one a few years ago that would go at the top of a camper shell and the drawers would pull out at a 45 degree angle. I liked them better than the ones on the bottom that requires anything in the back to go higher or prevent you from sliding things in on tailgate. But I don't remember what they were called.

02-Dec-20
Not exactly the same but I love my Diamond Back cover with optional storage unit

02-Dec-20
The systems are truck specific as the truck beds are not all the same. Same thing happens when shopping for a topper they wont all fit correctly

02-Dec-20
I had a cabinet maker build one similar to the pic above for my 2016 F150. I traded trucks in 2018 and moved it over to the new one. Two big drawers on rollers as long as the bed. I have a Leer topper that covers it all. Enough room left for three guys to go antelope hunting in WYO with all their gear. I carry a hitch haul on the back for a large ice chest and to carry carcasses to the skinning tree (if you can find one).

03-Dec-20
Decked drawers are great, I love mine

03-Dec-20
I am a veterinarian and use my decked for my vet tools and then empty them out to use for guns ect when I head to the woods. Loosing that much space in the bed is the only down side.

03-Dec-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I don't know how I went so many years/trucks without my Decked system.

Good luck, Robb

03-Dec-20

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I just reach in and grab what I need out now or load what I want With~~Out having to climb/crawl in and out-------->

03-Dec-20
Being in the cabinet business almost all my installers built their own systems that were very similar

03-Dec-20
I buddy of mine made one that was on rollers that would pull out. He had compartments and such to hold things. Pretty slick when we went on an Elk Hunt.

03-Dec-20

JohnMC's Link
These are cool.

03-Dec-20
Those are. Well unless you have a tuno cover.

03-Dec-20
I've built my own "decked" system for each of my last few trucks. I construct the drawers out 1 X 6 with 1/4 plywood bottoms. For the frame I use 2 X 8s. The deck is 3/4 plywood which is cut to fit the interior of the bed. The drawers just slide on the bed liner. I put egg crate foam in the bottom of the drawers for padding. We keep our bows, quivers and other stuff in the drawers nearly all season. Sorry no pictures.

03-Dec-20
What do the cabinet makers who make their own use for slides?

• Sitka Gear