Norseman 08-Dec-20
OneBooner 08-Dec-20
Rupe 09-Dec-20
Old Reb 09-Dec-20
07-Dec-20

Rupe's Link
Wow, this buck was crazy. Almost killed the doe. https://youtu.be/SSHbYP54oME

07-Dec-20
I wonder if she survived. The guy filming was taking his life in his hands, a rutted up buck killed a Sheriff’s Deputy several years ago that was trying to remove a dead doe off the highway here in Texas. Like a teenage boy, they have no sense when girls are involved. From the size of his hands and forearms on the film, he might have been a pretty good match for that young buck though. Nature frequently deals out some harsh treatment to wild animals.

07-Dec-20
CWD?

07-Dec-20
Matt, no I don’t think so. I’ve witnessed this personally. I saw 5 bucks chase a doe and harass her for over an hour. She laid down and the big buck was stomping on her and goring her to get her to stand up for breeding. She eventually ran off and I walked over to where they were and founds tufts of hair and blood.

07-Dec-20
The hole in her stomach could have been the reason she was in the water as well as the scent of blood had the buck trying to breed her. Just a guess on my part.

07-Dec-20

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Nature is not always pretty.

One of the recent elkshape videos showed a cow elk getting literally run to death by several bulls. They found her dead with her calf standing over her body. Sad.

07-Dec-20
That explains why does always take off when a buck rolls in and why cows always hang with the one big bull that can whoop the rest of the bull's asses.

07-Dec-20
I once watched a young buck stand guard over a very small doe for like two hours. He bred her multiple times in that period. I was watching through binos. He would hook her and nudge her until she stood, he’d breed her, and she would lay back down. Like I said, about two hours worth. He must have bred her at least ten times. She finall got to her fert and hit the brush with him right behind her. Too much of a good thing !

07-Dec-20
I shot a doe, and watched her tip over 50 yards from me. A younger buck watched her run and go down. He trotted over to where she laid, and began pawing at her with his front hooves, as well as prodding her with his antlers, trying to get her to stand. He did this for at least 45 minutes. He would stop and walk a few yards away, then go back and try again. No telling how long he would have stayed there, as I finally got down and walked over to her. He trotted off about 50 yds away, and just stood there watching me.

07-Dec-20
I’d say she died. If I’d had a buck tag, I know he would have. Out of sheer karma. I’d killed his butt right there and at least let the doe have a little piece of mind before she suffered off to die.

Nature is cruel sometimes. I’m part of nature too. So, I’d called it fair and smile every time I took a bite of him. Just me.

07-Dec-20
I would also guess she didn't make it. That much stress never ends well on already super high strung animals.

07-Dec-20
I had the exact experience t-roy.

08-Dec-20
Ya I don’t think she made it. Too bad. Have to wonder if a different buck punctured her which slowed her down over time as well maybe

08-Dec-20
I have had T-roys experience as well. Actually a couple times. One time a doe I shot died by a creek and a buck kept hooking her, stomping her until after 45 minutes he knocked off the bank into the creek. He ran off but before I could get our if the tree ge was back on her in the water trying to get her to her feet again. No buck tag or I would of killed him. Shawn

08-Dec-20
Tired girl for sure. Nothing what a hen mallard goes through.

08-Dec-20
Drycreek- it’s not just teenage boys that act like that. I know a guy in his 70’s that still acts like an idiot around women. He even divorced his wife after 51 years to chase tail, of course 51 years is a long time to be married to the same woman

09-Dec-20
Norseman, yeah I’ve seen those mallards. They are brutal

09-Dec-20
I'd hate to have been that buck when she went home and told her dad and brothers what happened! :)

• Sitka Gear