sticksender 09-Dec-20
IdyllwildArcher 09-Dec-20
Bow Bullet 09-Dec-20
Jaquomo 09-Dec-20
Matt 09-Dec-20
Huntcell 09-Dec-20
Chuckster 13-Dec-20
09-Dec-20
Not real techy so I'll ask here. When I open a thread it always goes to the beginning of the thread even though I may have previously read several posts. (Samsung tablet and Firefox) Can anybody point me to a user setting that makes it so it will take me to the last post I've read when I open a thread? Sure would be nice not to have to scroll through an entire thread in search of where I left off, especially one like the Biden gun tax thread with over 800 posts.

If this is functionality that users can't control and has to be added to the site, then please consider this a feature request.

09-Dec-20
Your mouth to God's ears. ...

09-Dec-20
No. Nobody can point you to such a setting.

09-Dec-20
If you wanted to go to the trouble, you can bookmark a post with your browser. So if you want to restart your reading at DaleT's last post on the thread you cited, you'd bookmark this:

https://forums.bowsite.com/tf/bgforums/thread.cfm?threadid=491431&messages=887&forum=36#4979027

09-Dec-20
That's why I post so much. Bookmarks.

09-Dec-20
Haha, bookmarks. That sounds like a bigger PITA than scrolling.

Pat - any chance this "last post read" enhancement could be made to the site?

09-Dec-20
I actually enjoy scrolling down through 850 posts on the phone while sitting in a blind. Keeps the blood circulating in my thumb.

09-Dec-20
If the question is about functionality, the answer is no.

There is a certain quaintness to the Bowsite being the Commodore 64 of internet sites.

09-Dec-20
Pat while your opening the vault for changes and edits perhaps make it so posting has an audio option, would love to hear some of the high pitched squeaky voices of a few posers.

13-Dec-20
Here's a little time saver for you. Lets say I'm following a thread with 500 posts and I've gotten on bowsite for the first time that day, like today the 13th. I'll scroll down to see the first poster on the 13th, click on that username/handle and it will take you directly to that post. You jump right over all the earlier posts. With the Biden thread approaching 1K posts a guy could wear a channel on your phone screen following that one.

• Sitka Gear