newfi1946moose 15-Dec-20
PushCoArcher 15-Dec-20
PushCoArcher 15-Dec-20
newfi1946moose 15-Dec-20
spike buck 15-Dec-20
PushCoArcher 15-Dec-20
Screwball 15-Dec-20
14-Dec-20
Was just reading Pat's post. Yesterday's snowfall left evidence of today's early morning visitor to my remote home in OK. I know Pat posted a review of a trail camera brand that; I believe, he noted that anything goes to iphone asap. LE was called and came out. I have never used trail cams but the LEO gave me some suggestions as to how I could make use of them to ID those who ignore the signs. Please respond with your ways you have found to be successful using trail cams along with what you feel are the best home security systems as I will be installing one asap. Thought the 4:30 visitor was a local going to work.

14-Dec-20
We use spypoint at our club. POS was arrested inside 20 minutes.

14-Dec-20
I added the Cell Link (from Spypoint) to 3 of my cameras (Moultrie and 3 different Wild Game models). You can set the Cell Link to send you immediate notification/upload. It was a game changer as my cameras are 90 minutes away from me by car and then probably another 30 by ATV and foot. So having the ability to check in without all of that is very helpful.

14-Dec-20
Assuming you have a driveway, installing bright yellow signs saying "Smile, you're on camera!" has pretty much eliminated people driving down ours to see what's in there.

I also have one installed on the front of my campers, along with a visible dummy camera on a tree with a hidden active camera up in a different tree off to the side. Have had people walk up, see the sign, and walk away.

At our lake, I installed a Reconyx that is programmed to focus on the license plate, day or night. When the SD card is full (takes a LOT of photos to fill a 32 GB card) it cycles over. Has helped us identify and catch vandals.

14-Dec-20

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Some meth head stole my brother cell camera off his land but did not know it was sending his pictures to him.

14-Dec-20

spike buck's embedded Photo
I have trail cams up on my road from gate and into the cabin. Set to snap license plates of vehicles. I have one red dodge who is not suppose to be on property. Good snap shot of his license plate. I go through and decipher who is allowed and who isn't.

I have a license number for truck in this post. Wont show it though...

Set your cams... if you have snow, pic your tree you want to hang your camera. Don't walk directly to cam from road. Access from behind tree so as to not give cam set away to trespasser.

I actually have a bright yellow metal sign with a pic of a video camera on it.... have 3 cams along the road after a vehicle travels onto property. 1 will get a license plate if the other does not.

I use cheap cams under $45.00 to watch over the road.

14-Dec-20

14-Dec-20
Have them on our roads and driveways. This year in one week, I had a sheriff twice, a bicyclist, a hunter, and a lady peeing in front of her car! All trespassing, for the same purpose I suspect except the hunting trespasser!

14-Dec-20
I use Spartan cell cam for hunting. Had a guy and his son grab my camera. I got to the land about an hour later and narrowed it down to 3-4 houses. Checked their names and sure enough a public facebook account matched the faces. Knocked on the door and got my cam back.

14-Dec-20
Tommy... very nice! How did that conversation go down? I'd like to have been there to see their foolish faces!

14-Dec-20
Like everyone said. I like cheap ones in sight with signs to keep people honest. And good ones hidden for the not so honest.

14-Dec-20
I have a couple cams watching my drive way and more in the woods. Have had excellent luck with Browning cams. You can check the pictures with a smart phone but all I have is a dumb flip phone. I just carry spare cards when I check the cameras. I like to look at the pictures on my computer. Then I save what I want and format the card.

14-Dec-20
Shoot a crow and hang it from a foot upside down at the entrance to your driveway. That’ll be all the security system you need.

Seriously, I had a farm to turkey hunt on here. The guy was super nice. Let me hunt for decades. I was walking in one day and once I got to the field, I noticed things hanging from tree limbs above the old gravel drive that went through the farm fields. It was eerie enough I turned on my flashlight. It was dead crows hanging upside down by their feet. I turned around and walked my butt back off that ridge to my truck. And, I’ve never went back.

The old guy was an alcoholic. He was known for being mean. He’s never been nothing but nice to me but, those dead crows really creeped me out.

15-Dec-20
Thanks, Guys. I have picked up plenty of ideas with the cams. Just will have to learn the new technology and my boss has her Iphone so that will work. The LEO did note cams to catch tags. Going to start with a 1/2mile range sensor that will catch vehicles entering the road up to the house gate. Then cams to connect to her phone. Unsure if will consider ADT or Simplisafe type of setup because of expense. I can chain the gates but the 'road' segment of the access to the house is technecally still county road but they will not maintain it as I have it gated to keep out stray cattle. I cannot block any other land owner from access so individual locks or key sets would be workable. It is rumored that we have a major influx of "growing" operations locally...the grass kind. Cash on the barrel-head for land. Guessing it must be legal as the greenhouses are right out in the open. The ability of LE to respond to calls in our rural area is sparse.

15-Dec-20
Greens the new gold here in Oklahoma. I wouldn't worry to much about the stoners it's those dang tweakers you gotta watch.

15-Dec-20

PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
PushCoArcher's embedded Photo
Local tweaker before smashing cam.

15-Dec-20
Push...that is a new one for me. What do they do...hunt your cams and destroy them?

15-Dec-20
That's why you buy cheap Trail Cams.... because they destroy them if they find them.

15-Dec-20
Not sure what his plan was. I've had a few stolen but this idiot just smashed it and didn't even bother to take the SD card. The sheriff knew exactly who it was with the tattoos.

15-Dec-20
Dummy cams help, I use dead ones, even ask people for them. Set up actual cam higher or lower a bit away and camo it in.

• Sitka Gear