Shug 15-Dec-20
Ermine 15-Dec-20
Shug 15-Dec-20
jingalls 15-Dec-20
Fields 15-Dec-20
WV Mountaineer 15-Dec-20
Shuteye 19-Dec-20
15-Dec-20
I will wait at least 30 minutes and check the arrow and for an immediate blood trail. Just my impatience/excitement. I'll make my decision from there. If the blood on the arrow is good and I see a good immediate blood trail, I'll wait at least another hour before I go another step further. If blood on the arrow is sketchy or there is no or a poor blood trail, 3 hours is the minimum that I'll wait. If I think I'm dealing with a paunch shot, I'll may not pick up the trail for 5 or 6 hours or even the next day. For me blood on the arrow and finding blood in the immediate area dictate what I do from there.

15-Dec-20
What happened to the OP??

15-Dec-20
Oh that’s convenient billy2trucks! Your link goes to another bow hunting forum...a little underhanded don’t you think?

15-Dec-20
I never find the arrow or bolt, I hunt a lot from the ground and pass throughs hides under the leaves. I normally drink a cup of coffee and then trail. In the Winter with the leaves off the trees you can often see them go down. I use Jak hammer expandables and Ray Charles could follow the blood trails. If it was a gut shot I will wait longer.

15-Dec-20
It’s the same link moron

15-Dec-20

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
Quite a few of the animals that I’ve arrowed, have just died eye sight within seconds. Amazing how quick arrows can kill stuff. I just go to them immediately.

If I’m unsure of the hit I try and find the arrow and access based off that.

15-Dec-20
Edit

15-Dec-20
He’s probably a libtroll!-)

15-Dec-20
Personally, I don't believe much that the arrow shows me. Ive seen great hits that the arrowed showed nothing, and poor hits that the arrow looked good.

15-Dec-20
I will take a look pretty quick. And asses what I think from there. But, if it’s close and I know I hit it good, I’ll take of the trail very quickly.

19-Dec-20
The three hour rule is like the five second rule. The five second rule doesn't work if you have a two second dog.

• Sitka Gear