spike78 25-Dec-20
SIP 25-Dec-20
trophyhill 29-Dec-20
WV Mountaineer 29-Dec-20
trophyhill 29-Dec-20
Old Reb 31-Dec-20
Zim 01-Jan-21
15-Dec-20
I hope I won’t regret this but wanted to post this after the discussion about Live2hunt.

For the longest time the outdoor and sportsman channels were not available in Connecticut’s cable provider. I know, shocking. What I had watched a few years ago was awful.

Here in Ohio I have Dish and have been watching a bunch of shows now. Is it me or have they improved?

I’m really enjoying a bunch of shows lately. Some of them are just terrific. Of course, some of them are still unwatchable and just awful.

But let’s focus on the positive for this discussion. What shows do you like?

15-Dec-20
I can’t say since I haven’t watched hunting tv since Midwest Whitetail went YouTube. I try to catch some coyote hunting from time to time, mostly Carnivore.

15-Dec-20

Shug's Link
Jimmy Big Time was the most original most creative outdoor show ever.

15-Dec-20
Easton Bowhunting TV with Fred Eichler

15-Dec-20
Easton Bowhunting, Western Extreme, Eastmans and Tim Wells show. Won’t watch any of the others.

15-Dec-20
Not "TV" but The Hunting Public in my mind is #1. Haeads and shoulders above the 30 minute comercials.

15-Dec-20
Western hunter, primos and some of waddles stuff is a good watch.

15-Dec-20
Shockey has always been good, but I understand his TV show is ending.

15-Dec-20
Meat Eater, definitely my favorite!!!!!

Eichler is always good and I love his excitement, when some hate it!

I love Newburg!! and have watched them all 2-3 times!

There are a few others on YouTube that are good! I haven't had cable in 6 years, so Netflix and YouTube are about it for me!

15-Dec-20
The Hunting Public on YouTube is fantastic.

15-Dec-20
Meateater of my favorite. Shockey’s Uncharted was pretty good. For whitetails you can’t beat The Crush.

15-Dec-20
Another fan here of The Hunting Public. I like the Midwest Whitetail stuff now and then. Bowhunt or Die can be pretty good too.

15-Dec-20
Hunting public, born and raised, some of gritty bowmens stuff. All on youtube. I like meateater too as far as tv

15-Dec-20
OH, Born and Raised is great as well!

15-Dec-20
Western Hunter. Particularly the ones with Nate Simmons

15-Dec-20
Randy Newberg and Meateater are my favorites. Some decent shows on YouTube as well.

15-Dec-20
I will watch any that doesn’t Involve sitting over a damn food plot passing up 160’s waiting on the 180. Those shows are a dime a dozen and the second I see a box blind off it goes. Is it me or does all these celebs always have brand spanking new bright clothes. Geez get them dirty for once!

15-Dec-20
Meateater, Western Hunter, some of Shockey's, Almost any mule deer spot and stalk show and sheep/goat hunts.

Guys shooting things out of tree stands or ground blinds, not much at all.

15-Dec-20
My favorite was an episode where I guy said it was a slow day only saw 6 bucks today. Yeah come here to the Northeast that’s a whole season. They are mostly a joke ok enough ranting carry on. Oh X 2 on The Hunting Public and Tim Wells.

15-Dec-20
"Hunting public". As close to real as it gets. Not every show has a kill... just like reality. I watch it on Amazon prime.

15-Dec-20
YouTube is where it's at. The Hunting Public, Midwest Whitetail, Eastman's Beyond the Grid, ElkShape, DIY Sportsman, Randy Newberg, The Hunting Beast, and on and on.

15-Dec-20
What thread was Pat alluding to in the OP?

15-Dec-20
“Sleepy”

15-Dec-20

SIP's Link

15-Dec-20
Pigman: The Series, has got to be near the top!

15-Dec-20
The Hunting Public on Youtube.

16-Dec-20
Midwest whitetail is also on the realtree365 app.

16-Dec-20
Red Arrow is not bad, real commercial but not bad. Also as others have said THP is the best out there. Shawn

16-Dec-20
Shockeys uncharted yukon is the best i have seen for a while

16-Dec-20
I use DVR and tape new episodes of my 5 or 6 favorites then watch commercial free or delete if it doesn’t interest me.

16-Dec-20
Haven’t watched much in the last few years. Actually cut the outdoor channels off our satellite because we have Amazon Prime and I can watch some really good hunting shows there.

Never watched any whitetail, turkey, or bird hunting. Just too boring.

Prefer western spot and stalk - sheep, mule deer, coues, or elk.

Like Eastman’s, Randy Newburg, and Jim Shockey.

16-Dec-20
into high country, meateater, bowlife.

16-Dec-20
Pretty much any show that airs a hunt I haven’t done yet. Or always enjoy Any of the big mountain animals. Goats, Sheep. Mule deer.

I enjoy hunting them, but have seen enough whispering dudes hunting Whitetail and Turkey for a while.

The only fishing I can watch is offshore fishing.

16-Dec-20
Am I the only guy who isn't a real fan of the Hunting Public? I don't know why, but I just can't get into it. Maybe it's the guy with long hair. LOL. I like Midwest Whitetail, even with Bill stepping out of the scene. In fact, I shot one of Jared Mills' target bucks back in 2010 when he was hunting public land. LOL. I like that the guys and gals on MW work their butts off on their own land or public land and they actually teach you something about hunting. I do like Eastmans and Western Hunter as well.

16-Dec-20
Gotta say there are some good ones out there, I have 3 channels and am so tired of all 3 showing nothing but Midwest whitetail and turkey! I live out west and want to see something other than that! Meateater, Shockey, western hunter are all good. Live to Hunt is usually fun too.

16-Dec-20
Western hunter has taken the filming of hunts to a whole new level.. amazing footage, experience, and temperament.. I also enjoy Newberg, Remmy Warren, Meateater.. for whitetails I like winke and public land hunters .. lots of good out there..

16-Dec-20
If we are throw fishing in, definitely jump on any kind of saltwater fishing and fishing in cool places for big fish in freshwater. Won’t watch bass fishing at all.

16-Dec-20
Meat Eater and some random youtube hunting videos. Tiffany is fun to watch also.

16-Dec-20
I like Heartland Bowhunter, Pigman, Territories Wild, Into the High Country and Alaska Outdoors. Youtube also has some great videos.

16-Dec-20
Most everything Randy Newburg puts out. Meat Eater is another one at the top of the list.

For me any of them that add "loud" music while they are whispering / talking / an elk bugling in the background are extremely frustrating (actually any music).

16-Dec-20
I don't have Satellite or cable, so I watch on Youtube, online, etc.

Midwest whitetail I watch sometimes. That's about it any more. Maybe I need to start some again, but I have a really really short attention span for TV, and would rather read than watch TV, so they have to be really action packed to keep my interest

I know you said to focus on the positive, but the big negative to me is having to watch someone talk. I know they have a limited amount of footage, but I would rather watch B footage of something, with a voiceover, than see someone talking. The minute they start showing nothing but a person, who is talking, I'm done.

That's my HUGE gripe with the Lakosky's. They shoot some big deer and I want to watch those big deer. But in the old days at least, they'd show 5 seconds of that HUGE buck, then it would cut to 1 minute of Tiffany talking. . . . .I would literally yell at the TV, "Show the BUCK!!!!"

SHow me B roll footage of animals. I want to see animals.

Rant over. Sorry to not keep it positive

16-Dec-20
Meat eater for real hunting. Spirit of the Wild for laughs

16-Dec-20
I like all of the traditional hunting shows (Clay Hayes, the Push, Stalker Stick bows, etc, basically any of them unless I see a corn pile in front of them). The most refreshing to watch is the Hunting Public. Great to see young hunters really hunting hard on mostly public land. I think HP does good things for recruitment of young hunters and is teaching them how to do it the right way. Not go out, throw a pile of corn down and sit.

16-Dec-20
Born and Raised. Not so much for the content anymore, it’s going down hill, but because they are so good at providing boots on the ground scouting for my Colorado, Wyoming and Montana hunts. Why not just say in the opening videos, today we are hunting at this location.... lol

16-Dec-20
Bowlife and Heartland Bowhunter are decent.

16-Dec-20
Meat eater and Randy’s shows.

16-Dec-20
Meat eater and Randy’s shows.

16-Dec-20
Meat Eater and Newberg for my "western" fix, The Lindsey Way for whitetail. Was a HUGE Tom Miranda fan growing up, but haven't seen any of his shows in forever, sadly.

16-Dec-20
Meat Eater, Live to Hunt, Western Hunter, Solo Hunter, Alaska Outdoors, in that order.

16-Dec-20
Easton Bowhunting, Whitetail habitat solutions, clay hays and meateater.

16-Dec-20
Pat are you try to recruit new sponsors? Maybe a couple TV shows? ;)

16-Dec-20
Treeline, Look up Deer Meat For Dinner for exotic offshore fishing. I hate to watch fishing, but his show is pretty cool. They are on YouTube

16-Dec-20
Hunting Public guys and how they hunt jives with me...

16-Dec-20
I watch you tube.

The Hunting Public. The Untamed. Born and raised until they get to about day 35. Too much talking after that. Limitless outdoors. Meateater. And I’ve been watching shows that concentrate on tracking deer in Maine.

Haven’t subscribed to any of those Maine hunting channels yet. But, I’m going to because it amazes me the extent some of those trackers go to to get their buck. Days and days on the same track until they sneak in and kill him or, wear him out to the point the deer allows them to get close enough to for the hunter to shoot it looking at him.

I read stories all the time about out west hunting requiring better physical fitness. I doubt their is an elk ever killed that requires the miles and time one of those Maine whitetails take. In deep snow too. 12-15 miles seem to be about average per day. And three days to kill it. I find that resolve and determination remarkable. And the skill it takes to do it consistently unmatched. I’m just glad they aren’t hunting me.

16-Dec-20
Raised hunting

16-Dec-20
Bow life is my favorite. Levi is a good man on multiple levels. He’s half my age and has my respect. I like seeing big animals shot with bows but also like to see what else these guys do with their gifts. I watched him (in his early 30’s) explain why he backed Trump. He’s comfortable in his skin.

16-Dec-20
Frndly.com is a nice app that gets you both The Outdoor and The Sportsmans Channels among others...I like Youtube videos of mountain hunts as well...

My 3 favorites are Shockey, Cody Robbins, and Greg McHale's Wild Yukon (Love that show...first found on Youtube and now watch on Sportsmans).

16-Dec-20
Midwestwhitetail hasn’t been as good this year with Wienke pretty much gone. Still solid

16-Dec-20
MW Whitetail Seek1 Drurys Live 2 Hunt

16-Dec-20
Is Greg Ritz's show still on the Outdoor Channel? I told myself I wasn't going to watch until they stopped giving him air time, but forgot I have to watch to know if they stopped.

16-Dec-20

JohnMC's Link
Matt here is your answer in link. He must be a democratic because he keeps getting passes on his transgressions.

17-Dec-20
Or, maybe he wasn’t guilty? I don’t know one way or the other. Just sayin’.

17-Dec-20
Yes to the NE deer hunting shows also. The Elmers and others have great shows to watch and I love that style of hunting.

18-Dec-20
Les Johnson's Predator Quest is good for us coyote junkies. Also Eastmans', Shockey, Meateater, and Red Arrow.

18-Dec-20
Bowhunter TV

18-Dec-20
Have always hunted the way my grandfather ran his hunting camp in the 'Dacks from 1915 (roughly) until the late 1950s. Sit, track in snow, work drives...wool clothes, etc. Have not watched any of the shows and have no desire. A spike is a trophy for me. I intend to join the 'present'; though, as I know 'Santa' is bringing me an electronic caller specific for use on coyotes as they cut our local deer herd badly.

18-Dec-20
BTM, I had forgotten about Les Johnson, and Predator Quest. One of the best rifle shots on moving coyotes at fairly long ranges in the business. I enjoyed his show, but it has been so long since I even looked at the hunting channels I didn’t know if he was still on. I’ll have to check that out.

18-Dec-20
Couple more I forgot. Randy Newberg and Tim wells,

18-Dec-20
I used to love the Western Hunter with Nate Simmons. Can't find it anymore. Is that still on?

Live to hunt with Cody and Kelsey has some awesome footage of incredible animals.

I watch Lee and Tiffany. Just because the bucks are sooo big, I cant not watch.. Again just great footage. At the beginning they show Lee shooting an arrow and you can watch it fly. Its perfect. That bow was tuned up.

Newberg is good.

Can't stomach the Drurys.

18-Dec-20
Some programs I just can not tolerate. As some others said I will watch a program if it is about a hunt somewhere where I will not have a chance to go. Watch: Shockey, Raised hunting, Meateater, hartland bow hunter which had some great photography but I don't watch as much anymore.

18-Dec-20
I grew up reading every hunting magazine I could get my hands on and memorized nearly every big buck that was killed nationwide. I have 3 sons and my youngest is getting into bow hunting. His favorites are Meateater and Randy Newberg even if I tell him I can out-hunt both those guys:) Interestingly, he doesn't really watch on TV but watches everything on his smart phone.

I will DVR any hunt I see where they're either in Montana or Kansas since those are my stomping grounds. However, with DVR, I can fast forward to the money shot and don't have to listen to drivel. I always thought the Drury brothers were good hunters but their hunting competition shows along with Taylor Drury telling me how to hunt are unwatchable.

The format has been copy-catted by the Kisky's Freak show or whatever it's called. Is it me or did Kandi Kisky really pork out the last few years?

18-Dec-20
Got rid of cable long ago. YouTube is where I see 99% of stuff I want to see. Not necessarily in order are The Stickboys Hunting Public Randy Newberg Born and Raised Meateater Midwest Whitetail (I'm not much on naming the bucks, just me) Hush (I know, a couple of them wear flat bill hats, I'm 50 and I get it but I like their stuff.) If you're into turkey hunting Dave Owens/Pinhoti Project is great as is Shane Simpson. Solohuntr Sam Soholt Forgetting a few probably

18-Dec-20
"The format has been copy-catted by the Kisky's Freak show or whatever it's called. Is it me or did Kandi Kisky really pork out the last few years?" Classy. Whats the point of saying this.

18-Dec-20
I too really enjoy Shane Simpson. Forgot about him. He did a tracking show the other day featuring his tracks for the year. That deer attacking his dog was pretty eye opening.

21-Dec-20
I turned one of the outdoor Channels over the weekend and remembered why I stopped watching them. Typical kill a whitetail buck at 8 am and back out and go retrieve him that night or the next day thinking it makes for some good tv. Not. And these are on great shots where the deer undoubtedly died within a few minutes or less judging by the shot placement. These guys do not care one bit about the meat and have no respect for our majestic North American big game animals when they can leave the animal that long instead of making a quick recovery and salvaging the meat. The meat is surely tainted by the time the animal is field dressed. I find it unacceptable for the simple reason these hunters are not making an effort for a speedy recovery. Only inter in the photo op......

22-Dec-20
Haven’t watched anything besides meateater or new berg in years. Maybe the others have improved in order to keep viewers, at least I would hope so.

22-Dec-20
Meat Eater on "real" tv.

THP, Seek One, Outdoors Allie, Tethrd, Hunting Beast, and a few others are generally good on YouTube.

22-Dec-20
Rough country- with a comment like that I would assume you are in fantastic shape.

22-Dec-20
Was flipping through the channels and some show, can't remember the name , was showing guys in a camp. They were deciding who was going with what guide, I believe for elk, and the one host turns to the camera and says, "Let's go stop some heart beats" what an asshole. Can these shows please start showing a little respect when for the animals they are taking ? Meat eater, and Randy BigFin Newburg are a couple of class acts when representing the hunting community. The rest of these jack wagons are a disgrace and true hunters should not support them at all. Manufacturers who support idiots who feel the need to come up with some super cool name for killing should pull their support or loose support from hunters. I have stopped watching the majority of these shows so if there are few who are class acts than my bad, but last look most do a horrible job IMO of representing the community. I know it's all about money and selling but I choose to spend my money with respinsible companies. Now you all get out there and stop some heart beats.

23-Dec-20
Bowhunter TV and Tom Miranda are by FAR the best in my opinion. I also like Shockey, Western Hunter, and Eastmans. Into High Country can be good. LIv2Hunt can be good as well as American Archer. The producers of all TV hunting shows must feel terrible pressure to produce a kill on the show. On many other shows, I have noticed more and more people taking shots that in my opinion should not be taken. For example, hard quartering to shots at substantial distances or taking a shot an animal that has animals stacked behind it. Some of these shots are being taken by very good archers and some of them have wound up with less than stellar results. I am not talking about just making a bad shot on a well positioned animal. That has happened to all of us. Fess up to it. If the shot was shown, we all saw it. Walk the audience through it. Teach them something. I have more respect for a show where the hunter passed a shot and ended up not getting an animal and explaining to the viewers exactly why the shot was not taken than if the hunter took the shot, made a bad hit and had to chase the animal for days to recover it just to have a dead animal to show. Just my two cents.

25-Dec-20
Like anything else, some are good some are not so good---------->

In No particular order my Top 5 are

Beyond The Hunt Julie mouth/voice calls elk!

Everything Eichlere

Live to Hunt spectacular Mulies/Whitey buck harvested

Elk Camp

Driven as Nicole and hubby hunt multiple species and bring the kids into hunting

Good luck, Robb

25-Dec-20
Who has time to watch hunting TV? I’d rather be out hunting. Merry Christmas y’all.

25-Dec-20
Nothing about Greg McHale's Wild Yukon? That guy is hard core, no way could or would I hunt with him, i'm too old for that sh**t!

25-Dec-20
Another vote for Greg McHale's Wild Yukon. It would be great if it were all bowhunting, but it is the most hard core hunting show I've seen!

25-Dec-20
The show with the best theme song is DROP ZONE.

Welcome to the drop zone, got you in the crosshairs Once I pull this trigger, they're gonna haul you outta here Hunting is a lifestyle, survival of the fittest We on a hunt, what you want, come on Now you in a drop zone

[Colt Ford:] Drop down, exhale, one shot, one kill We do it like this all day, drop zone y'all we don't play We chase them big old hogs, big trucks with old bird dogs It's all American to hunt and tote a gun Climb up in that tree stand, got a muzzle loader in my hand Big buck walkin' into sight, game over drop zone good night We hunt them grizzly bears, kodiaks, blacks and brown.

Wanna see where the drop zone is Follow them tracks to the edge of town That's where you'll find me, all my folks behind me We do it like every day, God bless the USA No way we'll ever stop, we make that big game drop Outdoors is where we roll, now welcome to the drop zone

[JJ Lawhorn:] Welcome to the drop zone, got you in the crosshairs Once I pull this trigger, they're gonna haul you outta here Hunting is a lifestyle, survival of the fittest We on a hunt, what you want, come on Now you in a drop zone

[Colt Ford:] Now if it flies it dies, that's geese, ducks, and dove Pheasants and quail yeah, huntin' is what we love We chase them thunder chickens, we make 'em strut and spit When they enter that drop zone baby, game over that's it

Big bass, big bucks, big guns, get some This is America and we don't ever run Been known to tree a coon or maybe grab a gator Support the NRA, what more do I need to say One shot, one kill, drop zone, it's real Outdoors is where we roll, now welcome to the drop zone

[JJ Lawhorn:] Welcome to the drop zone, got you in the crosshairs Once I pull this trigger, they're gonna haul you outta here Hunting is a lifestyle, survival of the fittest We on a hunt, what you want, come on Now you in a drop zone

25-Dec-20
Nothing worse than tuning in to watch a show that starts out bowhunting and in the last few minutes they pull out a gun to get er done. Cures me from watching for a month or 2 until I eventually forget lotsa shows often pull that crap. False advertising as far as I’m concerned.

25-Dec-20
My biggest gripe is smoked him. God I hate when they say that geez how lame.

25-Dec-20
I cat stand it when they say smoked him after liver shooting the animal. Hearing someone say it after a perfectly placed shot doesnt bother me any more than if the person said “i made a perfectly placed shot”.

29-Dec-20
Yes it is just you. They have not improved. But after getting out of that non hunter friendly state and now in O HI O, anything’s probably better than what you were stuck with in Connecticut. An additional benefit you will now be able to enjoy are national championships by Thee Ohio State University. Tell ya what. We are always taking new fans at the professional level as well. Go Browns!

29-Dec-20
I also forgot to add Randy Newberg. I watch most all his stuff. Great show too. I just can’t get ‘em all in during season.

But, I’d advise you fellas to tune in to you tube starting next month. Watch “The Untamed”. Guys are straight up hunting machines. Along the lines of the THP guys. They do a lot of videos. But, next month is when they show their bear hunting. It gets pretty dang crazy.

29-Dec-20
Yes far better content on YouTube for sure!

31-Dec-20
Bowhunter TV for strictly bow hunting. Michigan-Out- Of-Doors for all around hunting and fishing even though I live in Ohio.

01-Jan-21
I don’t watch much any more. But if I do it’s hunting public or OYOA. I am quite familiar with several of the units/properties both have featured. And they hunt very similar to myself.

• Sitka Gear