NEIAbowhunter 23-Dec-20
elkmo 24-Dec-20
Mule Power 24-Dec-20
RK 24-Dec-20
Shiloh 24-Dec-20
Chief 25-Dec-20
22-Dec-20

Bowboy's Link
I see yesterday Bass Pro purchased Sportsman Warehouse. Actually Great American Outdoors Group. What a monopoly.

22-Dec-20

22-Dec-20
Well, there goes that.

22-Dec-20
Yep, another one down the crapper.

22-Dec-20
Wow! That sucks! Bass Pro is acting like China!

22-Dec-20
Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

22-Dec-20
they will die faster than cabelas. damn shame.

22-Dec-20
Capitalism at it’s finest. Kudos to Johnny Morris. I am like most of you and understand the frustration, but someone will knock them off the top eventually. I’ve never liked BP hunting stuff.

22-Dec-20
We have Scheels in Mn and it makes BP/cabelas look pathetic.

22-Dec-20
Dang! Sportsman's Warehouse was the last "good" place here in Lexington, KY. It's less than 2 miles from Cabelas here, so I'd guess it'll be shut down.

22-Dec-20
Yeah, that sucks. Here in PHX we have all of them, and Bass Pro was always sub-par, now Cabelas sucks just as bad. Was looking more at SW out of spite, but now they're likely going down the same path. Meh.

22-Dec-20
SUCKY! Thats the only in person outdoor shop in my town. That sucks.

Scheels is where it's at no doubt.

22-Dec-20
It's like he's building the Amazon of hunting and fishing, but with physical stores.

Bummer.

22-Dec-20
Scheels is the greatest ever. Love that place.

22-Dec-20
Sad news.

22-Dec-20
Well that sucks now watch as all the prices rise or they just eliminate it all together!!!

22-Dec-20
Another fan of Scheels. We have two BPs and a Cabelas in KC. I only go to Scheels now. Even quit using the over priced private archery store as Scheels at this location has top notch bow techs and the best prices, and are employee owned.

22-Dec-20
Cabelas is no longer honoring long-term warranties. "We're actually Bass Pro" now is the excuse they gave my buddy when his like-new boots fell apart.

If Johnny Moris ain't spinning in his grave, he should be.

22-Dec-20
What Barret said x2!

Johnny Morris is probably laughing his way to the bank. Its the Cabela brothers that are probably rolling in their graves. I like an American success story as much or more than most, but hate that one company has almost single handedly ruined outdoors retail. That sucks. SW is the only big outdoors store in my town.

22-Dec-20
Remember Scheels was basically a hardware store that had a limited sporting depart, bought a Charles Daily O/U in 73 after being dc from the Navy. Now it is a major sporting store that has takeover Cabelas here in Mn and Wi.

22-Dec-20
Well the end does not come until mid 2021 and only if the shareholders agree to the $18.00 A share price. Until then it's business as usual at both stores

I don't remember how many cabelas were closed after bass pro bought them. Maybe 8 Somebody here will know

22-Dec-20
"If Johnny Moris ain't spinning in his grave, he should be."

I would be too if I wasn't dead yet.

22-Dec-20
Where is the anti trust law enforcement when you need it ?

22-Dec-20
I'd suggest it was more caused by the internet than "one company has almost single handedly ruined outdoors retail"

22-Dec-20
??scheels

22-Dec-20
+1scheels

22-Dec-20
MidwayUSA is a reputable company. Much of my business goes there.

22-Dec-20
Just when you think 2020 is over and nothing worse could happen, Johnny morris says hold my beer.

22-Dec-20
Thisismyhandle- LMAO. Too funny. Thanks for that!

22-Dec-20
I bought my first bow from Scheels back in 1989.

Hate to hear that about Sportsman Warehouse but at least there is still Scheels.

22-Dec-20

22-Dec-20
Local Sportsmans has had nothing for months. My money has gone to cabelas/bass pro and after driving 2 1/2 hours to cabelas last week to buy a rifle sportsmans didn't have, and wouldn't have had on sale anyway, I don't see that changing.

22-Dec-20
I'd say the Sportsmens wharehouse owners are ok with the Millions they just got! The goal of a successful business is to be bought out at the end of the day.

22-Dec-20
How's Scheels online sales? I've gone there when visiting family in MN, never even thought to check their web site... Could be helpful for things I cant find locally.

22-Dec-20
Come to think of it, I got some climbing sticks earlier this year from this place: "Mack's Prairie Wings: https://www.mackspw.com/. Very good price, and amazingly fast shipping. Very happy with them.

22-Dec-20
Scheels is a great store. Growing..... expanding rapidly to new markets. What happens when Bass Pro takes notice of them? When Scheels starts taking too much market share? Crappy situation. Pretty soon it'll all be Walmart/Bass Pro.

22-Dec-20
Oh great. Nothing but the Redhead brand available.

22-Dec-20
At least Kuiu is Grizzly proof. They got that going for 'em.

22-Dec-20
Will, Scheels online is awesome. I recently ordered a Lone Wolf treestand and an HSS safety vest. If they don’t have it in stock at the warehouse, they check each individual store’s inventory and it ships from that store. Each item was delivered less than a week from the time I ordered them, each from different stores.

22-Dec-20
I like Scheels....in fact just got some Nosler Accubonds in the mail from them today when I got back from hunting. Not a big fan of Midway....they seem to price in the mid to high retail on their products. Plus they do not offer a military discount.

Sportsman's was one of the stocks I was watching and I was a little too late buying the stock. I hope they do not turn into a BPS or Cabelas clone.

Vista Outdoors shot up alot today too....maybe related to the Sportsmans deal?? That was another one I was watching.

Smith & Wesson went up today too....I do own that one again.

22-Dec-20
That blows, gonna end up like cabelas. Oh well

22-Dec-20
My bass pro has had the pistol range closed for awhile now. I ask why it's not open and they say Covid. The pistol range is the safest place in the store due to the ventilation and when I asked an employee he said it was due to staffing shortages. They can't even keep employees on staff, you wait forever to get help, sad.

22-Dec-20
I was in Scheels today, I will never go to Cabelas again. I love Sportsman's Warehouse, I hope BPS doesn't ruin that one too, but if history teaches us anything, Sportsmans will go down hill too.

Have you been to the archery dept at Cabelas lately? I'll never go there again. I was at the archery dept at Scheels, super nice people and they let me shoot a Matthews VXR 31.5 .... better gear, better and more professional service. I still prefer small archery shops.... but Scheels wasn't bad.

22-Dec-20
My bass pro has had the pistol range closed for awhile now. I ask why it's not open and they say Covid. The pistol range is the safest place in the store due to the ventilation and when I asked an employee he said it was due to staffing shortages. They can't even keep employees on staff, you wait forever to get help, sad.

22-Dec-20
I always looked at bass pro as a place to do online orders for my bass and walleye lures. The Cabelas in Albuquerque sucks a big one! I recently purchased a hunting rifle there and the guy I had to deal with was a real tool. Acted like I needed them more than they need me. I won’t go back! And now they are buying our SW? That blows big time!

22-Dec-20
That’s a bummer. I liked sportsman’s warehouse

23-Dec-20
Bummer!

23-Dec-20
Now wait a minute. Didn't Sportsman warehouse just buy Field and Stream? The field and stream in Erie, Pa is now Sportsman warehouse. ???????????????????????

23-Dec-20
What a damn shame. 2020 provides another disaster.

23-Dec-20
I thought Field and Stream was owned by Dick's?

23-Dec-20
I sure do miss the "Old" Cabelas...

23-Dec-20
WYO - that's great to hear, Ill have to check them out online... I dont think they have any in the North East, maybe Upstate NY or PA somewhere, but none in New England that I'm aware of. Thanks for the tip!

23-Dec-20
Remember. The consumer can determine the fate of all companies. Choose where you want to shop send the message loud and clear. The big box stores might not be what we all want. Focus very hard on those small local shops that support your communities. They do... Just my opinion. Not Giving advice. Send your message loud and clear whatever you believe

23-Dec-20
I’m happy for the Morris’. I was duck hunting with JP Monday morning before the news broke, one of the most genuine, outdoors-loving guys I’ve ever met. It was inevitable that this would eventually happen, and I’m glad that it’s the Morris’ that pulled it off.

23-Dec-20
Thank goodness for Scheels...about the last big box store that will be worth a damn

23-Dec-20

Shug's Link
And here is what will most likely happen... You can fast forward to 5 minutes if ya don’t wanna wait

23-Dec-20
well that sucks. Cabela's really went down the crapper after BPS buyout and i have no doubt Sportsman's warehouse will too and that's too bad. They always had what I wanted unlike the local cabela's that is always out of what ever item i happen to be after. thank god for midwayusa and my local bow shop.

24-Dec-20
So where is BP, Cabelas now SW headed if we agree BP/Cabelas suk. Where is the business coming from to keep all these stores open? Buy out the competition can only last so long if they peddle crap. Agree on Scheels.

24-Dec-20
I went into a Field and Stream yesterday. Half the racks were gone from the floor. It looked like they were going out of business it was so empty. So I was forced to run into Dicks. Hadn’t been in there in a long long time. I knew they quit selling guns but there wasn’t even an archery section. Not one single product related to hunting. This is why when you see an 80 year old person they are ready for God to take them. Compared to their younger days there’s nothing left to live for. I’m starting to feel the same way!

24-Dec-20
MP. awesome

Sorry that your world is that

24-Dec-20
These places get one heck of a deal from the municipality’s they inhabit. Tax incentives are one of the big ones. They also lease many of the buildings so they don’t have a ton of capital investment on the front end. I think it would blow a lot of peoples mind what deals are made to get them to come to an area.

25-Dec-20
My local Field & Stream is actually pretty awesome - they carry a full line of all the top brands of outdoor clothing, the archery section is suprisingly well stocked, & the firearms section has virtually everything you can ask for - including all components for reloading. It’s a mini - Cabelas back when Cabelas was Cabelas, lol.

• Sitka Gear