Buffalo1 27-Dec-20
bonehead 27-Dec-20
LUNG$HOT 27-Dec-20
Buffalo1 28-Dec-20
bonehead 28-Dec-20
bonehead 28-Dec-20
Thehospitabledoc 28-Dec-20
27-Dec-20
Hey guys, anyone live near or in Montgomery? Here for a couple days with the wife. Any suggestions on places to visit and or restaurants to eat at? Thank you in advance!

27-Dec-20
If you play golf, there is a tremendous RTJ course in Montgomery.

27-Dec-20
Central downtown on coosa street is quite good.If you want the best southern cooking ,go to Martin's on the corner of Narrow Lane road and Carter Hill road. They are not open on Saturday and usually close by 8 at night.Alabama Archives and History is interesting. I have not been to the lynching museum at the Equal Justice Initiative,but I hear it is quite well done. Some years they have a midnight New Years eve performance at Hank Williams grave which can be interesting. There is not really anything to see at buck master's,as it is real.ly just their business office

27-Dec-20
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Bonehead, southern cooking is right up my alley. I’ll have to hit Martins up tomorrow. We definitely plan on spending the day downtown tomorrow and checking out some of the historical sites. Looking forward to it.

Buffalo, I do play golf occasionally but didn’t come prepared for that this time. I’m definitely impressed with the friendly people here so far. I guess the southern hospitality thing is real!

28-Dec-20
Glad you are enjoying the Southern hospitality. It's not publicized on the media !! Sadly, Southerners are all portrayed as haters and troublemakers !!

28-Dec-20
be sure to get pie at martins

28-Dec-20
be sure to get pie at martins. I forgot the Mann museum which is an archery museum with lots of trophy animals. How could I forget that?Perhaps I am living up to my name

28-Dec-20
Find Pannie George’s and enjoy some awesome country cooking. It started in Auburn, Alabama, my hometown. Next time you’re coming drop me a line ahead of time and we can go chase deer, pigs or turkeys on public land nearby!

• Sitka Gear