Chief 419 08-Jan-21
Mr.C 15-Jan-21
skull 15-Jan-21
Skippy 15-Jan-21
Timbrhuntr 16-Jan-21
Old School 16-Jan-21
milnrick 16-Jan-21
08-Jan-21
I’m hoping this year they at least allow spring bear hunters in... if anyone sees and y news please post...

08-Jan-21
We're in the same boat for Spring bear and hoping things improve and the season is allowed to proceed.

08-Jan-21
I’m going to call my outfitter and get his latest of what he’s heard from DNR... I expecting hunting this year to be really good considering no hunters last year! Real good!

08-Jan-21
My gut tells me the border will not be open in May or June.

08-Jan-21
wont be happening will lose the second year in a row I am betting, but hoping to be wrong.

08-Jan-21
I think the border will remained closed. Seems to me that there should be exceptions soon if you can show a vaccination card. Governments can’t keep the world shutdown forever. There has to be a process of getting travel opened back up.

I have a hunt in Greenland in September that was postponed last year. Time is on my side, but never underestimate how slow government moves.

15-Jan-21
my bear guides from Sask! 3 weeks ago said no new info about opening

15-Jan-21
Ontario is in lockdown until February 10, I wouldn’t count on a spring hunt

15-Jan-21
Outfitter from Alberta told me on the phone a week ago he is not optimistic about a spring bear season.

16-Jan-21
I can't see it opening until the fall if then. Trudeau said that they didn't expect to get most of the population done until at least September ! Problem is you may have the vaccine but if I didn't then apparently you can still pass it to me. So I doubt they will open the border until a majority of people who want the vaccine get it. I missed all my hunts last year and not looking good this year. I guess I'll just be buying preference points again this year.

16-Jan-21
I sure wouldn’t plan on it opening up anytime soon. 2022, maybe.

16-Jan-21
I'm still hoping we'll hear something by April.

• Sitka Gear