21-Jan-21
He lives!

21-Jan-21
I was hoping for a "hamblaster"...

HDYLMK !!!

21-Jan-21
Please let him come back.

21-Jan-21
I think Pat needs to incorporate some of ol TBM’s strategies and tricks of the trade, into his next blood trail challenge. Of course, it will have to be on a hamblaster shot. We should get bonus points for not utilizing piss bugs or tracking spiders.

21-Jan-21
Maybe not the best quality video. But a good job self filming.

21-Jan-21
What was the egregious act that got him banned from the site in the first place. It was great entertainment.

21-Jan-21
The man is a good hunter. That’s a fact.

21-Jan-21
I give up. Who is it?

21-Jan-21
Agreed Hunt. He got it done on that maiden trip to Montana. That was impressive.

21-Jan-21
Nice find bowfreak. I agree with T-Roy but would of liked to of seen the tracking spiders back in play.

21-Jan-21
Has anyone here ever actually met the man?

21-Jan-21
How do you like me know! LOL so that's TBM?

21-Jan-21
Good old TBM - I do miss his pot stirring around here.

Did anyone confirm he killed an elk in Montana? If I remember correctly he got booted from another forum as well and on it he made claims to killing an elk in Montana but when pics were requested as proof, it took him a long time to post them and when he posted the pics, it unraveled very quickly. Like it was a farse.

21-Jan-21
I couldn’t stand the dude..

21-Jan-21
Norse- its the infamous TBM

21-Jan-21
Ahhh Thanks for the clarification, men. Carry on.

21-Jan-21
TBM = TurkeyBowMaster

22-Jan-21
Finally a face to the name. Hamblast away!

22-Jan-21
Dude’s intent was to stir the pot here. And, he stirred it so much he wore his spoon down to a nubbin.

The guy is a hunting machine. A killer. You can take that to the bank. And, be glad he ain’t hunting you.

22-Jan-21
I am with old school...I don't remember any evidence of a kill on the elk hunt. Surprised he didn't shoot that Alabama P&Y spike and claim it was bigger than a midwest 150" buck. The guy is something else. I refuse to call him a great hunter, but he is dedicated.

22-Jan-21
You guys do know that a southern gentleman never lies... maybe stretch the truth a little, but an outright lie... never

22-Jan-21
He was good at getting under peoples skin. His own hide was impenetrable.

He was good for a laugh once in a while. I remember Someone asking him where he was from in Alabama and he said Greenbow. Makes me laugh just thinking about it.

22-Jan-21
That video is much more palatable than his online personalities.

22-Jan-21
FWIW to those needing verification, The thread documenting his elk kill was here on bowsite. Play by play. Had the trophy pics, including a hero shot posing with it dead in the field. He had pics of the butchering. And pics of the antlers in the back of his truck heading home. I’m not sure how much more proof one needs to verify it.

Like him or not, he did kill an elk.

22-Jan-21
Was that the story of him heading out west in an 30 year old broken down pick up?

22-Jan-21

WV Mountaineer's Link
The thread of his hunt should post in the link.

It’s called “It’s time”

22-Jan-21
My personal favorite was when he posted a photo of a deer he had killed and someone asked him to post a picture of the teeth. He proceeded to post a photo of HIS teeth.

22-Jan-21
Thanks for the link WV - looks like he killed an elk to me. The forum I was referring to was a hunt later than 2014 where he had no field pics and a story that a lot didn't match up with it...

22-Jan-21
WV, thanks for the link. I've only been on Bowsite for a couple years so I missed TBM.

His elk hunting story was outstanding and humorous as were all the comments. Sure looks like he killed an elk to me.

22-Jan-21
He got under the skin of guys who take themselves too seriously! Life's too short, laugh a little!

22-Jan-21
Patdel...it wasn't so much that his hide was thick as it was his skull was thick. Bowsite's stock went way up, as did the average user's I.Q. the day TBM got banned. He was like the class clown, funny at first, but by lunchtime he was annoying as hell!

22-Jan-21
LOL! So THAT's what he looks like? I never took him too seriously, but I will say: The man sure liked to hear himself talk............................... ;-)

22-Jan-21
Heck...I miss the guy. He was great entertainment.

It cracked me up when the video showed a close up shot of his simmons broadhead.

Does anyone have the TBM cartoon photo? That was awesome!

22-Jan-21
I think most of his post history got zapped, when he got zapped. But a few of his posts still exist. Like this response he made to someone who'd posted about successfully using a Slip system on turkeys:

"Reaping is not hunting...no where close. That's just killing. Low down and dirty tactics. Yall need to get an education on turkey hunting ethics. Ethical turkey hunters call and draw turkey to thier stationary position. They don't crawl and sneak.. that is low life tactics. It's worse than night hunting over corn on somebody else property with a crossbow...a lot worse."

And no, he wasn't joking or trolling for the fun of it....he was dead serious. I'm guessing it's those kind of posts that he made over and over again, that finally got him banned here. And as it ultimately did on several other hunting sites.

22-Jan-21
Sticksender - thanks for the TBM flashback. Made me lol.

22-Jan-21
We should have TBM back, I can think of several people on here I'd happily trade for him!

22-Jan-21
"Little bit of a long shot. But, I made a good shot. Just shot high." LMAO.

22-Jan-21

Bowfreak's embedded Photo
Bowfreak's embedded Photo
I found it and it is still awesome!

22-Jan-21
Yeah, he's a "great hunter" alright - in his own mind. He always claimed to kill a LOT of critters, but never produced anything to show for it.

22-Jan-21
From TBM on YouTube!

“ The whole TBM thing was unbelievable how it blew up. Someone said Trump ran his campaign based on TBM? Idk, but there were similarities”

Awesome

22-Jan-21
You never wanted to miss a TBM post for sure. He was not PC at all and that drove some guys on here nuts !!

22-Jan-21
We talk a bit on the other social media page everyone despises, but he’s a good dude! I’ve mentioned this before but I’ll say it again... I asked him to come back to Bowsite and his words... “Nah, there’s too many gun hunters that act like bow hunters over there.” :)

23-Jan-21
I guess I’m in the minority, he annoyed me and I’m far from one who toots my own horn. He just reminded me of half a dozen other guys I hung out with in Alabama while living there ( not a region specific attitude I see it in Alaska just as often). Everything they did was better than everything anyone else did and they always had 100 reasons why. Even the times I could see through it as attempts at humor it was still annoying. Trying to be funny or not, he believed it which was more humorous to me than the jokes he told.

23-Jan-21
I'm with TEmbry all the way - he was WAY to "self-important" and "self-great" for my liking.

23-Jan-21
I'm with TEmbry all the way - he was WAY to "self-important" and "self-great" for my liking.

And as far as being a good hunter. Watching that video --- he gets busted by almost every deer that goes by...................hmmm.

23-Jan-21
The dead of winter has set in as reflections from years past reflect in the camp fire flames.

23-Jan-21
I didn’t care for TBM but I’d vote to bring him back every January through March.

23-Jan-21
One of you should start a couple change.org petitions. One for the powers that be at bowsite (@jack??) to allow him back and one to convince TBM to come back.

23-Jan-21
I’m glad someone revived the thought of TBM. A simple google search of Turkey Bow Master pulls up endless threads on several different forums. Days worth of entertainment. Lol

23-Jan-21
I've been around long enough to know a lot of really unique people. When I was younger and starting to get out in the world, I was blown away when I would meet someone who was so completely outside the mold of "normal". Now I have a list of kooky characters that have passed through my life so far thats pretty long. Some incredibly good, some amazingly awful but most a mixture of both that just didn't get the memo on what "normal" is.

23-Jan-21
trublu.....I believe it was JIMBOW that did that caricature.

23-Jan-21
I was taking a Bowsite sabbatical during the TBM era, so I searched and read a few of his old threads. I still don't understand why this guy garnered so much attention, both positive and negative. And why was he ultimately banned?

Matt

23-Jan-21
Because he was a pot stirrer GG. Take note. ;)

23-Jan-21
I think Tembry pretty much nailed it. That’s just the way he was. Yeah, he might have believed all that crap. But, I think it’s more likely that he just acted that way as it was normal in his environment.

You want to hear people talk the same way, go to eastern VA, NC, SC, Alabama, Mississippi, etc... and listen to them talk about their outdoor adventures. They all come across the same way. I just think it’s regional.

And, a good bit of it is to create laughs. Many people don’t groove on it. Me including as an everyday thing. But, it’s funny because as soon as they realize they’ve got your goat, it only gets intensified. Which brings more entertainment.

You can decide whether to let it piss you off or, you can just laugh at the funny things and move on. Because I promise you southern guys ain’t going to cut you any slack if you let’em know they are getting under your skin.

23-Jan-21
Bowfreak, classic picture, just classic!!

23-Jan-21
Me to trublu. Course, you and me always been that way.

23-Jan-21
Link that was funny. GG got a lot similarities to TBM but just not as funny.

24-Jan-21
Is there a classic TBM thread I should search for that would explain his notoriety? From what I've read so far, he just seems like a typical southern boy who didn't pay much attention in English class in school.

Matt

24-Jan-21
Gee, I thought Trump made narcism a virtue. Thanks for your kind words. ;-)

BTW, my English class comment was a joke. I guess I should have included a smiley face on that one, too.

Honestly, I'd like to understand why TBM is such a legend around here, and why he got banned. But it's not like I'm going to lose any sleep over it. Just curious.

Have a great day, and GO PACKERS and CHIEFS!!

Matt

24-Jan-21
I think the experience of TBM was like one that seems better when you remember it than when it actually happened. :-)

I am in the camp that doesn't miss him. I guess I take my hunting too seriously but when someone who has never done something or has limited experience tries to tell you his way is better, it just sticks in my craw. I also know there are guys who enjoy goading someone like TBM on for kicks. Again, not my cup of tea. One good example of someone like TBM is "Tri" on MM. But Tri is smart enough to stay under the "get banned" threshold.

Pat could go a long way to solve that issue by putting in a "block" function. I use that on a handful of people when it is available and enjoy those websites more because of it.

24-Jan-21
He had a few peaks, that's for sure. Like when he figured Pat should interview him as the supreme turkey hunter. When it didn't happen he interviewed himself on Pat's behalf.

Interviewer: "Now Steve, what do you say to your harshest critics that claim you may be only the second or maybe even only the third best turkey hunter ever in the entire world?"

TBM: "Them suckers is wrong, plain as the toes stick'in out'a ma stalk'en socks. HDYLMK!!".

24-Jan-21

24-Jan-21
Another classic TBM quote...lol!

"I'll get humble when I stop killing stuff I say in going to kill before I kill it . Some people give themselves more opportunities to be humble. For me saying I'm going to kill an elk, 4 deer, and 5 turkeys is humble. I've got twice that many worth of capabilities. The governor of a full freezer has me choked back that's all."

25-Jan-21
He seemed to think that Alabama deer were smarter than any other. It's like a deer would cross into Alabama and it was immediately smart. If it went back across the border, dumb again.

25-Jan-21
Ha! The guy is causing strife when he's not even on here!

I'll admit he got my goat a time or two. I think I erased more of my responses on threads he was involved in than any other. In the end though, the only thing I remember him saying on Bowsite was a comment he made on a thread I started about my son. . . . I've always appreciated him for that 1 comment.

I follow Steve on Instagram and Facebook. Occasionally he'll comment on a photo of mine. This last spring he offered me Wyoming general elk help. I appreciated that as well.

I think people on here took him far more seriously that he himself did.

I'd like to meet him in person some day.

25-Jan-21
Ha Ha O’l TBM’s been gone a few years and just a thread about him stays on top for weeks.

25-Jan-21
If you can take it the same way you hand it out then old TBM wasn't too bad of a guy. I'm friends with him on other SM pages as others have mentioned and he's alright. If you get twisted up easy though he's going to irritate the hell out of you.

25-Jan-21
Brotsky,

He was picked off often in that tree. I wish I could tell him to use Sitka so that wouldn’t happen. Never observed a deer blowing though, so he must be using NJ?

What does a guy have stalking socks for if he believes it’s not hunting?

:-)

25-Jan-21
My father in law worked at the paper mill with him and his dad. Said they were good people.

26-Jan-21
Reminiscing about the good times with TBM is like daydreaming about an old girlfriend. Over time the bad memories fade, and all you can remember are the good times.

But, if you get drunk and call her up, 24hrs later you’ll remember why you dumped her particular brand of crazy in the first place and regret having let her back into your life.

Or so a friend told me. I have no idea what that’s like...

• Sitka Gear