Powder 23-Jan-21
Bou'bound 23-Jan-21
JTreeman 23-Jan-21
Powder 23-Jan-21
Moosemania 23-Jan-21
TEmbry 23-Jan-21
Overland 23-Jan-21
23-Jan-21
I'm looking to buy a used satellite phone. Has anyone done this or have one they want to get rid of? I'm not sure what to look for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

23-Jan-21
Iridium extreme 9575. Be patient on eBay and you can grab one for 800 or less with All the accessories and next to no minutes. If you want to save another 2-300 get the 9555. The next ten posts will say just use an in reach or spot or something less intensive.

23-Jan-21
Just get an inReach.

Just here to help bou ;)

—Jim

23-Jan-21
I already have an inReach. My Dad is the one who really wants to get a sat phone and I'm helping him out. He feels like this would be a better option.

23-Jan-21
I bought one on ebay around 5 years ago for 450$ I think. It came with a bunch of minutes so the first hunt i used it i didn't have to buy any. I use it a couple times a year now and all I do is buy minutes. I'm very happy with it. Saves me a little money and from having to figure out a rental phone before every hunt. 3 or 4 hunts and its paid for itself.

23-Jan-21
I have a 9575 Extreme with car charger wall adapter two batteries and a pelican case that I would sell. I don’t use it much at all anymore with the ease of an Inreach for texting

23-Jan-21
If this is for a short trip, or even an annual short trip, consider renting. There are several companies that rent excellent phones for very affordable prices. Make sure you get one on the Iridium network.

• Sitka Gear