Bob H in NH 25-Jan-21
Mule Power 25-Jan-21
WapitiBob 25-Jan-21
JL 25-Jan-21
WapitiBob 25-Jan-21
WYelkhunter 25-Jan-21
24-Jan-21

Bowboy's Link
I don't remember if this was posted but here's there latest revenue sheet. After reviewing it the NR really provide them with a lot of there funds.

24-Jan-21
You're welcome. ;-)

24-Jan-21
Preference Points Non- resident $ 12,091,618 Resident $ 101,983

Nice . Keep it coming.

24-Jan-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
The NR shakedown......IMO this should tie into the thread about the death of hunting. I wonder of there is a chart of NR vs Res outfitter fees? This is People's Exhibit #1.

77% of the money is from NR's......23% from Res's.

24-Jan-21
I’m glad to know my money helped them out for several years.

But if I didn’t think I was getting my money’s worth I wouldn’t have kept going back, now would I ?

24-Jan-21
I’d gladly send them an additional 2K if they’d just send me a moose tag!....I wouldn’t even bug them for another one after that...

24-Jan-21
NR fund many states, though the disparity is HUGE in western states

The preference point line isn't apples to apples as WY residents dont do points for deer, elk or antelope. I ate 4 points for both the wife and I when we moved here. Good trade though

24-Jan-21
I have no problem with a resident of Wyoming having privileges for living there. I have no problem with paying for my privilege to hunt there. When compared to the cost of other things such as a new truck or the gas it sucks down the price of an elk tag doesn’t seem so bad.

I do think there prohibiting NRs from hunting in designated wilderness area is total BS and probably even unconstitutional. Also having unlimited resident licenses in areas such as region G deer where a NR spends the money and waits for 10% of his life to hunt there is mismanagement. We should at least have some voice that actually gets considered for the amount of money we spend too.

But of course spending it is our choice too.

24-Jan-21

24-Jan-21

WapitiBob's embedded Photo
WapitiBob's embedded Photo

24-Jan-21
I like to chime in on this BUT I will only ask that people stop with the.... everyone else is doing it so it seems fair. If every gas station raised the price of gas to $5 a gallon (for no reason) does it make it ok when the last gas station at $2.50 goes to $5?

According to 90% of the posts about the cost of a NR elk tag in the last 5 years - yes it is ok because everyone else did.

I am vry lucky and can afford high app fees and get more tags because of it. I will never ever say it is fair that a NR gets 10% of the tags and funds most of the the budget when 85% of the time I hunt national forest not state land.

Stop drinking the koolaid.

24-Jan-21
^.......

25-Jan-21

25-Jan-21
It does kind of blow my mind at the large difference, I won't go into that other than residents already pay into the systems, but non-residents also bring in lots of economic money aside from tags.

Someone mentioned the wilderness areas. That does confound me. Non-residents can hike, fish, etc in the wilderness, but not hunt. Makes no sense.

25-Jan-21
Outfitter stimulus.

25-Jan-21
A NR can hunt in a wilderness, just not big game.

25-Jan-21
^......Bob....if that is the case, then that sounds like an outfitter play. They don't want NR's hunting in the wilderness without going thru them for the dollars. Good ol' turf protection.

25-Jan-21
That and the January app period is strictly for the outfitters.

25-Jan-21
Some of you don't get it or just don't want to get it. It doesn't matter if you are hunting private land, state land or federal lands. You are hunting wildlife owned and managed by the state so what the state decides it wants to do is the rule/law. as far as NR hunting state animals in wilderness, Yes it is all about the outfitters, they are the only reason NR have to hire a guide in wilderness area. Anyone who says different is a guide or doesn't have a clue.

• Sitka Gear