jstephens61 25-Jan-21
kota-man 25-Jan-21
yeager 25-Jan-21
StickFlicker 26-Jan-21
Teeton 26-Jan-21
iceman 26-Jan-21
25-Jan-21
Moved from April to July.

Any insight as to the cause? Nevada change something? Joe’s rules? New variant fears?

Doesn’t really matter at this point I suppose. Just sulking that it’s likely a no go for me now. :)

25-Jan-21
Going to be tough to make plans. Still supposed to be having the panel scoring at the old dates. I was told critters still have to arrive for panel scoring in February even if convention is in July. I'm trying to get clarification so they don't have to store my animals for 5 months.

25-Jan-21
Panel is the same time (late February).

25-Jan-21
KB, Nevada still has restrictions in place limiting large gatherings. That is not likely to change prior to April, especially with uncle Joe's mandates coming down the pike. A July date gives the club the best possible chance at having a full in person convention in the manner it has been held in the past God willing. I am also sulking as it means a no go for me too, but if it works out in the best interests of the club and the safety of the membership then I'm all for it!

25-Jan-21
I was just told panel is the same time so I'm trying to make arrangements to get my Tule elk panel scored & then take it home. I agreed to bring it back before the convention. Lisa at P&Y is looking at February 26th to get it scored & given back to me.

25-Jan-21
Probably covid related would be my guess as to cause.

25-Jan-21
I’m with you Justin. Much rather there be a successful get together than not, no matter how it works out personally.

25-Jan-21
Ha. Thanks Bou! I was under the impression Nevada had a 1,000 person cap and things were moving forward the last few months with that in mind. Maybe the hope was that would change by convention? Or something changed with that number/other restrictions and forced the delay? Again, doesn’t really matter. Far more serious matters out there with relation to the pandemic than my attendance in Reno.

25-Jan-21
Unfortunate I won’t be able to go but happy it may still be able to happen in the first place!

25-Jan-21
Was really looking forward to this one. Such a great location to have it but pretty sure those dates are not going to work for me, either. On the plus side, that opens up some turkey hunting vacay time!

25-Jan-21
I'm sure Zack's room will be decontamination central for you guys lucky enough to attend :)

Nick, it did open a 4-day turkey trip for me to chase some Merriam's so I do have that going for me now!

25-Jan-21
Dang, was also really looking forward to attending the Reno Convention with my wife and two other couples, but as it turns out, my wife and I are scheduled to leave for South Africa on July 10th which was also delayed from last July because of COVID.

25-Jan-21
Yeager:

Didn’t Biden just restrict all travel from South Africa?

25-Jan-21
Roy, I heard that too, but it’s still about 5 months away. A lot can change. If South Africa cancels though, I will definitely be going to Reno.

25-Jan-21
I’ll buy you a beer! ??

25-Jan-21
Unfortunate I won’t be able to go but happy it may still be able to happen in the first place!

25-Jan-21
Millie received an email this AM that the date had been pushed back to July. She's looking forward to the "experience".

25-Jan-21
Definitely Biden’s fault as will be everything else wrong with your lives the next four years. I’m pre-blaming him for when I don’t draw a NV CA BHS tag this year. Layer on the Unit 9 AZ elk tag to that while we’re at it.

In all seriousness I believe our governor changed and lowered the convention limit back down a month or two ago when our Covid cases began to spike. The good news is we’re down to 1/3 of the daily infection rate of November and December so it’s trending in the right direction. Hopefully July works for P&Y!

25-Jan-21
We booked rooms and will be there.

25-Jan-21
Great thing about being retired, very flexible with plans and dates. April or July, doesn’t matter. Planning on being there.

25-Jan-21
I was booked for Reno in April. New dates in July fall on my daughters wedding...

25-Jan-21
If I make it Roy, I’ll return the favor. ??

26-Jan-21

StickFlicker's Link
I believe the current rules for entry to South Africa are that a person have proof of a negative test for Covid within the prior 72 hours. The restrictions that Biden placed on entry to the U.S. from South Africa only apply to non-U.S. citizens currently. But as was said, a lot will likely change by summer. Here's a link to South Africa's official site on the matter.

26-Jan-21
Was set to go to the one this passed spring till it got canceled. I'll see how everything's going as this gets closer. I've been a member for 30+ years and have not made one. So I'm hopping I'll be able to make this one. Ed

26-Jan-21
I'm in the same boat as some of you guys. I don't know if I'll be able to make these dates either because of summer vacation with the family.

Really hoping the convention goes on as planned though. The club needs it.

• Sitka Gear