Dale06 06-Feb-21
WV Mountaineer 06-Feb-21
Matt 06-Feb-21
Jackaroo 06-Feb-21
RMhunter 06-Feb-21
Boxcall70 08-Feb-21
02-Feb-21

JL's Link
Community service post. This is from the CDC. Scroll over to your state and a pop-up will come up giving your states vaccine distribution/administering numbers. It's updated every evening at 8pm. You can see how your state is doing compared to other states. Note the Total Doses Administered per 100,000 to get a per capita comparison.

03-Feb-21
who cares

03-Feb-21
I do. This vaccine is about saving lives.

03-Feb-21
Not only that, vaccinating is a key to opening the border between the US and Canada. I’m guessing a few bow hunters care about that.

03-Feb-21
Right. The ones not vaccinating and not wearing masks are the ones to blame for this taking longer to open back up.

03-Feb-21
My VA is doing a great job (Iowa City). Got my 1st & 2nd date is set. I had an appointment BUT they were doing walk ins too (huge lines). I talked with two that were walk ins & they said in & out after 15 post wait in right at an hour. Me, with appt took 45 min.. My wife & daughter (both Nurses) have had both. So far, no side effects.

03-Feb-21
I just came back from the blood labs and they're still doing the drive thru's in the parking lot. I spoke to one of the guys there and he said they're getting up 600 drive thru vaccinations per day completed. He was timing it and said it takes about 21 minutes to enter the drive thru, get the shot, wait in the car for any reactions and then leave the parking lot. It appears to be very well organized. Last time I checked a month or so back they were doing just over 300 drive thru's. So....it appears as the folks get more experience in the drive thru's and giving the shots, the more they can pump thru. That is a good thing.....

03-Feb-21
Got mine scheduled Monday at Kroger's.70 year old.

03-Feb-21
got mine yesterday here in Ft. Collins at hospital,, a 81 year old guy.

03-Feb-21
My dad got his (85) yesterday at the VA. Mom(80) gets hers next week.

03-Feb-21
Wife and I have our first shot scheduled for next week. I'm 62, she is 58.

03-Feb-21
75 here and no vaccines nor appointments anywhere near us much less in our county.

03-Feb-21
Who cares? A lot of people that are high risk. And even more that care about those people. Some people’s kids....I swear.

03-Feb-21
Casper, who cares? You can see that there are people that do care and its not just the elderly. It's people who have loved ones at home with stage IV cancer like me. Or others who have other significant conditions. Maybe its for these people that you too should care, but I understand it's a free country and each to their own.

03-Feb-21
x-man - give me a break. You’re the one who takes offense at calling this the Chi-com virus but you have no issue pinning its longevity on your fellow Americans. Don’t think so...perhaps you should vent your frustration on who started this whole thing, covered it up and then allowed it to spread to the world.

Perhaps it’s all those wearing a mask for more than 20 minutes without changing it out, perhaps it’s those wearing bandanas, perhaps it’s those that don’t have their nose covered. Perhaps it’s the fact that this is a virus. But blame the non mask wearers if it makes you feel better.

Trying to pin this on non mask wearers and those who haven’t been vaccinated - bologna.

Somehow 95%+ of the people I see are wearing masks and yet numbers are still rising - and it’s the fault of the 5% - I don’t think so.

If you want to be vaccinated, I have no problem with that, - go get one.

03-Feb-21
Well boys, like most things in life, you're either part of the solution, or your part of the problem. You choose, I got my first two hours ago.

03-Feb-21
Right. All I was saying is don't complain about not getting into Canada if you're not doing everything you can to be part of the solution.

03-Feb-21
Also I'm on a waiting list at discount drug mart,and I asked if I get a spot can my ex have that spot since I lucked into a slot at Kroger's.appointments are hard to get here.she is 67.

03-Feb-21
Also,don't know what this shot will do,but I've had lots of shots in the military,been thru the hepatitis series of shots in the school district as a custodian 30 years.around kids with everything coming down the pike cleaning up after them.just hope this vaccine is a good start.

03-Feb-21
"Well boys, like most things in life, you're either part of the solution, or your part of the problem."

Couldn't have said it better myself. Why people people would rather bitch about where the disease came from than try to be part of the solution to get our society back on track is beyond me.

03-Feb-21
The last vaccine I received was the Anthrax vaccine.. That was my last and I am not getting another. Wife has a blood disorder which made my 4 daughters a potential carrier of the disorder so there won’t be any vaccinations at our house.

Dad- 77 has had one shot Mom -65 has had both shots 2 sisters 46 and 39 have had both shots as well.

03-Feb-21
Actually Covid infection rates are reported as currently declining in just about all 50 states. In Ohio our infection rates (% positive) are declining. Hospitalizations are declining. Deaths are starting to decline. We're making progress and it's primarily attributable to social adaptations. It's basically almost socially unacceptable to go inside a business or into a crowd without wearing a mask here. People have finally grasped onto the need to mask up and maintain some social distance. Nobody LIKES it, but we'd all prefer to not get sick...or die.

I'm too damned young to get vaccinated yet... and proud of it. My wife has received both shots due to her front-line health care worker status. I never miss a chance to tell her I'm still on the Titanic and bailing water, lol. I'm proud of you guys who got your shots or have them scheduled. I'll be joining you just as soon as they let kids like me get in line!

03-Feb-21
JL................what county are you referencing in your drive thru clinic? My parents are in Ionia Co. and called the county health department over a month ago and signed up to be vaccinated. They have yet to be called back with an appointment.

03-Feb-21
It is important to be part of the solution. I've railed against the imposed shutdowns since the beginning.

As far as the other problem, I'm eligible for the vaccine due to my job but I'm in no hurry. Plenty of folks in higher risk categories who should go first.

03-Feb-21
Well, don't mistake me, I think it wise to try to help with the cure to this mess, but the government and the medical providers have the process totally FUBAR. I am 71 and was able to get my shot 12 miles away, but because my 77 year old wife has a different doctor in the same town she's been told she will have to drive 96 miles to a different medical facility to get hers. How dumb is that?

03-Feb-21
casper......me.

03-Feb-21
I’ve heard nothing from MN progressive Gov on when and where. Just continue to put my head down and work as I have since March.

03-Feb-21
I'm in PA. My wife who works in the medical field got her first round of the vaccine and is scheduled to get her 2nd round next week. I'm 48 so it'll be awhile until I'm eligible to receive the vaccine according to the states schedule. I pray the vaccine works for my wife and everyone else that's gotten it.

03-Feb-21
Ditto on what bigdog said.

03-Feb-21
Buckhammer.....GT County. I'm a 1C and signed up thru 3 sources. I don't expect a phone call anytime soon. No worries though.....we'll keep moving forward with life.

I noticed since yesterday when I stated this thread....Michigan got 20,000+ more doses.

03-Feb-21
I and the rest of my fire/rescue dept get our second shots tomorrow. We get boosters in 8 months.

03-Feb-21
Lawdy.....is that booster intended to address one of the new strains? You're the first I heard of getting a booster.

03-Feb-21

Matt's Link
"Vaccines aren’t proven to save lives."

Actually, they are.

On Faucci saying the the vaccine "likely won’t stop you from getting the new strains." Here is what he actually said:

"Even if they’re less effective against the South Africa variant, Fauci said, vaccines are still worth getting because they make infections less serious: They “profoundly” reduce the rates of serious disease, hospitalization and death."

Reducing death saves lives, although you will no doubt use 10,000 words to argue the point.

03-Feb-21
Getting my second tomorrow. Did it on a weekend in case I feel crappy after. My sister had a fever and aches after her second.

04-Feb-21
I care and I appreciate others that do as well. I also agree that you’re either part of the problem or part of the solution. Whether it’s in everyday life or Internet forums, it’s easy to distinguish between the two.

04-Feb-21
JL, the booster is to keep the antibodies going, much like the boosters for polio us kids got in the 50’s. They told us that this will be an annual event. Fine with me, not a big fan of being sick and losing hunting/fishing time.

04-Feb-21
My wife and her coworkers received the Moderna vaccine in January. First shot caused most of them some local soreness at the injection site...nothing more. At the second injection a majority of them experienced a variety of symptoms including headache, malaise, slight fever, body aches and appetite loss. The immune system definitely reacts vigorously to the second round.

I'm encouraging people (those who ask) to get vaccinated. They aren't perfect. but they definitely help with immunity. It's not about perfection....it's about percentages and improvement.

04-Feb-21
Old School... somewhat unsure about your intent. Have you had polio lately? Having cancer and diabetic sort of makes me want to try the vaccine...just saying.

04-Feb-21
Kenneth - I have no problem with people getting the vaccine. My intent was this - the thread started about informing people about a vaccine - great, I have no issue with that, but some people just can’t restrain themselves from making baseless claims - x-man commented that the non-mask wearers and non vaccinated people were the ones to blame for things not opening up quicker. I was simply pointing out that is utter nonsense and not necessary. It’s just a non necessary jab that isn’t even truthful. Like if everyone wore a mask the virus would go away or Tradeau would open the border - sorry, don’t think so.

Whether you’ve got health issues or not doesn’t matter - if you want the vaccine go get it. I hate the way this whole thing has been so politically charged. I was simply calling out x-man for his unnecessary and non factual post.

04-Feb-21
The vaccine schedule, if you want to call it that is at best a circle jerk, in the Minneapolis area.

04-Feb-21
Dale - I don’t think it’s isolated to just Minneapolis. Just another reason I initially posted yesterday.

It’s not like this is a well oiled machine and there are millions of vaccines available but “non-vaccinated” people are refusing them and that’s the reason things aren’t opening up.....

04-Feb-21
No vaccine for me. I had Covid, my whole family did, and I know lots of others who had it. But I wouldn't have gotten the vaccine regardless. Honestly I've had colds that were worse. I get that it can be deadly for some just like the flu... which amazingly all but disappeared this year :^/ Worst part of it was the loss of taste and smell. Now I'm doing my part by not wearing a mask and trying suck up all the virus I can and kill it with the my new antibodies. You're welcome ;^)

04-Feb-21
Old School....ok, understood. Doses available here have gone to nursing homes and first responders as it should. Our state is not up-to-speed with tech that allows for easy, targeted sign-ups when an age group is eligible. Serious supply/demand issues as, it appears to me that poor, rural areas are getting the end-of-the-stick in this state.

04-Feb-21
There's lots of pseudo/partial fact and downright miss-leading info all around. Yes I will get the vaccine, not because CDC/Fauci/??? says so, but because I trust my son who works in this field to give me solid advice.

as for the recent decline in numbers, that was predictable, let's see we spiked up a couple months ago, what happned, umm Thanksgiving where everyone got together. then again about a month ago, ummmm, Christmas. Now it's fading because no more major family holidays and it's dead of winter when people tend to stay home. Predictable.

04-Feb-21
WV has been and is continuing to lead the nation in getting vaccines they received in peoples arm . All nursing homes and employees that wanted them have been vaccinated. Front line health care workers that wanted them got them. All teachers and school personnel 50 and over that wanted them got them.

At the same time the 80 and above population started receiving them , now it’s 65 and above.

Our hospital rates are going down at least partly due to the high risk groups that usually end up going to hospital have been vaccinated.

04-Feb-21
Between the vaccine and closing down for 15 (or 300+) days, I'd say we about have Covid whipped.

My spidey sense tells me we have another crisis looming that will result in more or continued restrictions on normal living.

04-Feb-21
"Kenneth - I have no problem with people getting the vaccine. My intent was this - the thread started about informing people about a vaccine - great, I have no issue with that, but some people just can’t restrain themselves from making baseless claims - x-man commented that the non-mask wearers and non vaccinated people were the ones to blame for things not opening up quicker."

Is it fair to say that the reason we have not been able to open up the economy is that we continue to have levels of COVID infection that are straining our healthcare system? I think so.

If you look at behaviours that are causing that and factors which could mitigate (mask warnings and vaccination are 2), I am not sure how you can call x-man's comments baseless. Oversimplified and incomplete perhaps - that is an issue with this style of communication - but not baseless.

Jeff, we are now seeing people get COVID a second time, and at least one case of an individual who recovered from the first bout only to die from the second. I don't think it is known how long the benefits of vaccination will last versus "naturally" developed immunity, but food for thought.

04-Feb-21
I guess it’s ok to speculate on this as long as your idea of this virus and the way it’s being handled is inline with that of the moderator who keeps deleting everything except Masks are the greatest thing since sliced bread and, we have an Effective vaccine that might or might not work but, everyone needs to take it for their fellow man.

It’d be real easy to suggest that I don’t agree with the freedom of taking it, that I Am not happy we have one, And not thankful for those that created one. You could read otherwise but my post got deleted. All of them.

Anyways, you fellas that want one, I hope you get it as soon as possible. I hope they work well for you. And, I hope it makes you immune to all the strains.

Kinda ironic though. We’ve got a virus that is killing mostly sick people to begin with. We’ve got a government that just sent out PPP loan applications to all small business in anticipation of this administrations bail out plan. Which is looking to gain a 1% interest of money borrowed of the estimated 2.2 trillion dollars that’s going to be allocated for it, to keep your business floating. During a pandemic that by all means, when measured against everyday variables of life, has proven to be not near the tragedy it’s caused financially with most business owners of this country. That on many places if this country can’t even work under mask mandates. My isn’t this a surprise. SMH at the thought sone people label their efforts at caring while accusing those that disagree of being heartless.

When your kids are living in mobile homes that are costing them $1000 a month, look in the mirror and ask if you tried to prevent it. Or, was scared you might get sick, further enforcing the debt induced slavery that’s coming to following generations.

04-Feb-21
The reason we can't open the economy is freedom being taken through threat of force.

It's not voluntary.

The justification used is Healthcare capacity.

04-Feb-21

04-Feb-21

04-Feb-21
^...Glunt.....IMO you're view can apply to other national (non)issues to. A non-problem is created for the purpose/agenda of those in power to implement their agenda of govt oversight and control. I think if most folks step back and look at any crisis..they might be able see it's not really a crisis or maybe a faux crisis invented with an agenda behind it.

Sign me Skeptical In The Northwoods

04-Feb-21
My original comment was referring to opening the Canadian border.(the post right before mine) Please don't twist into something else. Too many people quick to blame others for not getting to cross the border. I'm saying be a part of the solution, not part of the problem. If you're boasting about not getting the vaccine and if you're boasting about not wearing a mask, you are part of the problem.

04-Feb-21
I'm not saying there aren't reasons to restrict freedom. I agree with plenty of laws. Just disagree that what is the biggest restriction of freedom in my lifetime is implemented without the process we have for that. If that doesn't scare or at least concern anyone, regardless of your thoughts on Covid, it should.

04-Feb-21
JL, the booster is to keep the antibodies going, much like the boosters for polio us kids got in the 50’s. They told us that this will be an annual event. Fine with me, not a big fan of being sick and losing hunting/fishing time.

04-Feb-21
My point still stands - non mask wearers are NOT "to blame" for this taking longer to open up. Really pretty simple. Has Trudeau stated what the % needs to be before he will open up - nope, sure hasn't, certainly no scientific evidence to say people not wearing masks are to blame. And even if he had given a target - I gave you 4 other legit reasons why the virus continues... mainly - because it's a virus.

04-Feb-21
"Right. The ones not vaccinating and not wearing masks are the ones to blame for this taking longer to open back up." X2 Thought I was close to getting my first shot, but now they are considering having smokers jump to the front of the line! Have Canada bear hunt in May, and was hoping with two vaccine shots I might be allowed in.

04-Feb-21
On the bright side. Folks choosing not to get the shot increases your chance of getting it sooner.

04-Feb-21
WRT to mask wearing.....if you look around on Google-land, you'll see various claims that masks work and masks do not work. Once you read into enough of these claims on both sides, you can see they're both partially correct. From what I gathered.....they can help in your day to day life, but they are not 100% effective because that depends on the circumstance in which the individual contracted the virus. The CDC has a study on this. If you have the virus on your mask from close contact with an infected person and then put your fingers on your mask to adjust it, your fingers now have the virus on them. The CDC study shows a fair number of infected folks were wearing masks. I think the take away from that is a mask will give you a false sense of security and if you're not keeping your distance or put your fingers in or near your mouth after touching something....you can get it.

04-Feb-21
Matt, I may have already had it twice myself. I think I had it last February/March too.

I'm not wearing a mask and I'm not getting vaccinated. I'm part of the solution.

04-Feb-21

Matt's Link
"My point still stands - non mask wearers are NOT "to blame" for this taking longer to open up."

That is tantamount to saying that masks are ineffective in reducing the spread of COVID and there is ample evidence from a variety of sources to suggest that is not true.

From the link: "Only one observational study has directly analyzed the impact of mask use in the community on COVID-19 transmission. The study looked at the reduction of secondary transmission of SARS-CoV-2 in Beijing households by face mask use (10). It found that face masks were 79% effective in preventing transmission, if they were used by all household members prior to symptoms occurring. The study did not look at the relative risk of different types of mask."

05-Feb-21
I don’t post here often but here goes: I must be the minority here but I won’t get a vaccine (term used lightly as this shot/shots is not a vaccine) that in my age group has a 99.96% survival rate. Next you will tell me “get it for your fellow man who is elderly or at risk”. The numbers don’t add up for me and even the elderly are surviving this virus. I have known many who have had and doing fine now. Truth be told, 10 out of 10 people will die someday and I have come to grip with it. If you want to get a shot to feel better, go for it. Want to go hunting in Canada, Africa or New Zealand, and need a shot to go. Go for it. Just for me I don’t trust who/what is behind all this and like my odds at 99.96%. What we can’t do is step back from each other, point fingers and post blame on those who exercise their right to/or not to get the shot. That mentality of blaming you fellow man is causing our country more harm than any virus. Time to start supporting each other, even if we differ in opinions. Be well friends.

05-Feb-21
RJ, words of wisdom and exactly how I feel.

05-Feb-21
I live in Denton Co. Texas. Denton County has done a fantastic job in getting these vaccinations out to the public. They just used the Texas World Speedway parking lots to get this done. They are expected to give 10,000 injections per day. I am 66 and my wife is 65. We got our Covid from going to a wedding out of state. We could have got it on the plane, the rental vehicle, the hotel and possibly at the wedding. We will never know. Perhaps we had mild cases of Covid and it was not nearly as bad as the fire and brimstone predictions we had heard. We were just very tired with a low grade fever for about 2.5 weeks.

My first Covid vaccination was on Tuesday. There were literally hundreds of cars in line. Our appt was at 12:30 and I was driving away at 1:20. That includes the waiting time after you get the injection. Local Health Dept really had their act together.

My first injection was much worse than the Covid I had. That night I developed fever and chills. The handouts they gave said this was a possibility. My wife had no real issues to speak of after the injection. We were told it could last up to three days and today is day three and I am feeling good now. Our second injection will be 30 days from the first one. We will surely take the 2nd shot.

05-Feb-21
Contacted our county emergency manager's office this morning and was told that they would have their first lot of vaccines for 65+ next week and sign-ups would begin at 8:00 am Monday the 8th. Supply and demand? Short end of the stick...A large Tulsa church group announced on the 6 am news that they had 4,500 doses coming over the next 8 weeks. How do these groups get the vaccine and the general elderly public in a poor rural area has had none?

05-Feb-21
Each state is being allowed to prioritize as they see fit. Last I knew anyway.

05-Feb-21
To those of you who don't think masks are effective in preventing disease transmission, be sure to tell your surgeon and the surgical team not to bother wearing masks when they operate on you.

06-Feb-21
Dutch Oven,

Is your handle traditional with cast iron or does it involve sheets and your lady? Asking for a friend... LOL....

06-Feb-21
For those of you who DO think masks are effective enough in preventing disease transmission to require mandating them, please let my kids go back to school if they wear one. Let people get back to work. Let my wife and I watch my son play hockey. Let my daughter have her piano recital.

06-Feb-21
I got my 2 vaccine shots and am waiting patiently to get to Canada. Caribou hunt pushed to 2022 and still hoping for my mule deer hunt this year. Fingers crossed

06-Feb-21
What is truly amazing is how many people fail to grasp the concept that their rights end where their neighbors begin.

06-Feb-21
Wife and I both had our second shot. Heading to South Africa this fall.

06-Feb-21
Bighorn, hope you’re on safari.

06-Feb-21
Juspassin’, that’s a dangerous example. Many feel the same way about guns.

Anyways, I’m going to summarize what’s getting missed is this has nothing to do with individual rights. But, everything to do with disagreement on what’s effective and, the prevention of basic rights being stripped by government.

It’s really that simple. Maybe that’ll be easier to understand now we’ve got a realistic scenario.

06-Feb-21

Matt's Link
There are some pretty promising results out of Israel. The attached article is not very well written, but early returns suggest the Pfizer vaccine is effective in stopping infection and not just serious disease.

06-Feb-21
Too many unanswered questions on the vaccine for me. I had Covid and it was a nothing burger. I hope that in the years to come people take the flu as serious and stay home until it’s gone. I doubt it though. Every hand wringer about Covid would get on a plane in a heart beat with flu symptoms rather than miss a vacation that they had paid for. Even if it kills grandma or someone children.

06-Feb-21
Heard Fauci say that masks would still be required because it doesn't stop you from getting it but only lessens the symptoms. If that's the case then even the vaccinated will still be carriers so not sure how it helps to open things up. I'm over all this, luckily my kids have been able to play a full football season and are now playing basketball and we are getting to attend the games. This is in Tennessee. I am all for everyone who wants to get the shot, I'm just curious how it will affect the restrictions after all these vaccinations have been administered. And for the record about my whole family has had the virus

08-Feb-21
Well,just got home from Kroger's getting my covid vaccination. Had to sit 15 minutes ,then good to go.second shot in 30 days.

• Sitka Gear