Ermine 03-Feb-21
Grey Ghost 04-Feb-21
BOWNBIRDHNTR 04-Feb-21
Brotsky 04-Feb-21
Grey Ghost 04-Feb-21
Joey Ward 04-Feb-21
jax2009r 05-Feb-21
03-Feb-21
I am interested in your experiences and advice regarding a new pair of pants that I need to buy. I am tired of thorns tearing up my pants and legs when I am trying to get through the brush. I know of Filson Tin cloth but what have you guys seen or used that would be a good choice?

03-Feb-21

Scrappy's embedded Photo
Scrappy's embedded Photo
Not pants but there hard to beat in thorny vegetation

03-Feb-21
Scrappy, just to be clear. Do you wear those chaps with no pants?

Chaps look great but I highly recommend pants under them!!! ;)

03-Feb-21
https://www.orvis.com/p/missouri-breaks-field-pants/25pf

03-Feb-21
I have a pair of Badlands Ion pants that I got a couple of years ago when they were discontinuing the Realtree camo. 2 years of pretty tough use and they still look nearly new. They’re kind of noisy so I doubt I’d pay full price for them, but maybe there are still some deals out there. I think I paid around $20 and it was well worth it

03-Feb-21

midwest's Link
I own some Wick Outdoor Works briar proof chaps and jacket I used when I had my beagles for rabbit hunting. They are frickin bomb proof. Wick is no longer in business but I see they are now made for Stone Creek out of Pennsylvania.

03-Feb-21

x-man's embedded Photo
x-man's embedded Photo

03-Feb-21
Duluth fire hose pants

03-Feb-21
Gfl x2

03-Feb-21
In all seriousness, the Duluth Firehose are hard to beat.. except for the price.

My son used them when he worked at the concrete plant making and pouring wire forms. Darn near bulletproof.

03-Feb-21
great ideas guys. thank you very very much

03-Feb-21
Carhartt double-front are awesome for that purpose.

03-Feb-21
Carhartt Overalls- Have only had to purchase 2 pair in my hunting life.

03-Feb-21
greg simon, it's way more fun without pants for sure.

03-Feb-21
Never wore out a pair of Filson chaps. Lots of miles and hours chasing birds and bird dogs across the mid west. They can be hot in warmer weather. There are some decent nylon chaps as well.

03-Feb-21
Carhart overalls with the ballistic nylon on the legs are hard to beat. We used them A LOT when we were in the beagle business and field trialing almost every weekend. They are great for upland bird hunting as well.

03-Feb-21
Look for upland bird hunting pants. Suggested sites are Lion Country Supply, LL Bean, & Orvis (if you have money to burn)

03-Feb-21
Some of you guys are thinking the same thing.... I knew a girl whose pants were almost impossible to penetrate. Can't remember the brand...

03-Feb-21
Carhartt

04-Feb-21

Grey Ghost's Link
Kuhl's Ryder line of pants is my favorite for busting brush while pheasant hunting. In fact, I like just about anything Kuhl makes. It's not cheap, but it's quality clothing that lasts.

Matt

04-Feb-21
Kuhl Ryders and Duluth Firehose are both tough pants. I have a landscape supply company and those are my everyday pants. They cost more that some but out last my regular jeans at least 4x.

Midwest mentioned Wick. The material their stuff was made out of is the toughest, longest lasting stuff I've ever worn. My chaps are at least 25 years old and still going strong. Even the zippers are fine. One bad thing is it is a very noisy fabric...as is about anything that won't get hung up in multiflora rose bushes (catclaws nasty, older brother). Wicks is gone but Danshuntinggear.com I believe uses the same material for their chaps and coats.

04-Feb-21
Matt, I'm also a huge fan of Kuhl clothing. Their shorts are all I wear in the summer.

04-Feb-21
Brotsky,

I pretty much live in Kuhl clothes all year around. Pants, shorts, shirts, jackets...you name it.

Matt

04-Feb-21
"Duluth flex fire hose are pretty rugged"

I agree.....Best work pants I've ever used. Comfortable, well made, and tough. From the stitching to the pockets. Quality all the way around. Long pants to their shorts.......They are far and away my favorites. Catch them on-sale, try some, and I think you'll agree.

As a side note, their Boarhide shoes/boots are another favorite of mine.

05-Feb-21
Kuiu attack

• Sitka Gear