whipranger 12-Feb-21
whipranger 12-Feb-21
itshot 12-Feb-21
midwest 12-Feb-21
Bowfreak 12-Feb-21
Glunt@work 12-Feb-21
lv2bohunt 12-Feb-21
08-Feb-21
For Bruce Springsteen to drive over a cliff on his elk bowhunt this year?

08-Feb-21
X2

08-Feb-21
That was disgusting!

08-Feb-21
Huh? Springsteen a hunter? And all this time I thought he was a greenie.......

08-Feb-21
Shut up and unite already. Wasn't that the message?

08-Feb-21
Brotsky - yes that was it. You know the same message they were screaming for the last 4 years - unite! Ok, maybe not.

08-Feb-21
Judging by the YouTube comments I think Jeep may be looking for a new head of marketing.

08-Feb-21
Pat, I think they hit their target audience right in the feels. BHA members are running right out to by their new jeep this morning.

08-Feb-21
Can you imaging the backlash if conservatives ran some stupid commercial like that four years ago?

08-Feb-21
HAHAHA. Yeah, I'll never buy a jeep. What an utter piece of *(&^(*&^(*&(*O&^(*

08-Feb-21

Norseman 's embedded Photo
Did you catch the communist “red star” centered in America?

08-Feb-21
I turned the damn channel when that came on. Good lawd that was awful

08-Feb-21
I actually just sent Chrysler an email to their customer assistance. I've actually been shopping for a new Ram truck. . . . . They just swung me to Ford.

The super bowl ads were disgusting. I'm very disappointed in many of the companies choosing to preach and virtue signal. . . .

Bake

08-Feb-21
On a brighter note Team Ruff won the Puppy Bowl with a last second touchdown!

08-Feb-21
Jeeps are basically just a suburban soccer mom ride anyways. Ill never buy another FCA vehicle after dealing with their customer support and warranty dept.

They should get the marketing team that made the whip it out commercial.

08-Feb-21
Ouch Pat! 90% of those YouTube comments are really coming down hard on Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat. Deservingly so. Love to be a fly on the wall at corporate today.

08-Feb-21
Next time pick Denzel Washington.

08-Feb-21
CJ7...back when men were men. For F'sake look at the new Sec of Health, we are so screwed

08-Feb-21
Sito you couldn’t be more right!

08-Feb-21

Rut Nut's Link
Here's a "rebuttal" I saw on Youtube....................

08-Feb-21
CJ7 was as Jeep...not that crap today...they have become a 20 somethings ladies vehicle. BTW I am a Springsteen fan and I still have my dad's 82 CJ

08-Feb-21
Never cared for his music and his political leanings make me wanna puke. My wife and I both drive Ram pickups and we recently bought our daughter a Cherokee. Even my dislike of assclown Springsteen isn’t enough to make me buy a Ford; if it was the last truck on the planet I might consider it.

08-Feb-21

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Everyone knows the best Jeep model was the 1981 CJ7. That was the last year they came from the factory without all the trouble-prone computerized emissions systems.

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize this was a political thread. Carry on. ;-)

Matt

08-Feb-21
The Jeep brand has become a liberal, yuppie type of vehicle. You see more on the paved city roads, than on the dirt.

08-Feb-21
Jeep and Bruce both suck as well as 90% of Jeep owners

08-Feb-21

Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Joey Ward's embedded Photo
I like this one. With OEM air bags, of course.

08-Feb-21
Leave it to Joey to make me laugh.

08-Feb-21
That's bad a$$ Matt...heavy on the $$ ;?)

I had a '78 with a 401 out of a Wagoneer, I could almost do wheelies in that sonuvagun...wish I'd never sold it.

08-Feb-21
Joey she looks high maintenance! :)

You now what jeep stands for "Just Empty Every Pocket" especially when maintenance is required!

08-Feb-21

fishnride's embedded Photo
Beat Jeep Ever? My answer is it has to be an AMC Jeep. The last true all American Manufacturer. I’ve had this 79 Cherokee Chief for over 20 years now. Just wrapping up a restoration on it too.

08-Feb-21

rock50's embedded Photo
rock50's embedded Photo
I sold this '48 CJ2 Saturday.

Saw the Jeep ad in the background yesterday, did not spend much attention on the game, even less on the commercials

08-Feb-21
AND the Jeep clubs suck 100%. Fall of 2019 they invaded Citrus WMA in central FL on opening weekend of a quota archery hunt. 50+ running all over the woods all weekend.

08-Feb-21
Few leftys in the real world can keep an old CJ5 running. I had a '72 and a '84 CJ7. Wrenched on them all the time.

08-Feb-21
Nice flat fender, rock50!! Why did you sell it?

Matt

08-Feb-21
GG, was getting harder and harder for me to to get in and out as hips and knees worsen. Right knee and left hip have been replaced, I need the others done in the future.

I bought it at a charity auction in 2004, it had been completely restored just prior to consignment to the auction. I did a few minor wrench jobs on it since then nothing major. It needed a bit more minor work yet (like master cylinder replacement) but I'm to the place of rather taking a beating than work on vehicles.

We had a lot of fun with it, hauled it to MO and IA for spring turkey hunts, drove in a few parades, hauled it to IN when my daughter and family lived there for a week of driving in Amish country.

My kids were not interested in keeping it, they have new side by sides, which I am probably going to buy this spring.

Oh, and I did almost double my money after 16 years.

08-Feb-21
I didn’t expect the post. That’s funny!

08-Feb-21
My first vehicle of my own was a 57 Willys when I was 17. Would go anywhere but topped out at 50 mph and got about 10 mpg. Great ranch vehicle, not so much for getting anywhere else.

08-Feb-21
Had a '73 CJ 5 in high school. Panty dropper.

Not really but a lot of fun.

08-Feb-21

Panther Bone 's embedded Photo
Panther Bone 's embedded Photo
2006 TJ...

Get asked if it is for sale all the time. Yeah, it does go off-road some.

08-Feb-21

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
As some of you know, I own an auto service center right outside Scranton Pa. Now i pretty much know all my customers and what they like to do, hunt, fish ,hike and so on.

I've worked on 7 jeep since January 1 and of the 7 not one of them belonged to a hunter and 5 of the 7 belong to women. Including the one in my picture from today.

With the down turn in hunting, I believe that our big 3 are not worried about marketing to hunters or fisherman. I never thought much of it but most of the four wheel drives to come in, pickups SUVs are not owned by hunters anymore. Ed

08-Feb-21
I had no idea who that was in the ad. It was so boring that I lost the will to pay attention when it aired live.

I don't have an issue with the "message" but, the delivery and the deliverer was poorly executed. It would have been more sincere with one known left of center celeb and one known right of center celeb riding in the jeep. How did that red star get past the focus group editing?

08-Feb-21
Here in my college town in Colorado we see a lot of young women in REI costumes driving Jeeps. They're called "Come F### Me Jeeps" by outdoorsy guys

08-Feb-21
I had a ‘77 CJ5 that had 700x15” Coop mudgrip tires that was indestructible and unstoppable.

Lots of great memories with that machine.

08-Feb-21
My ‘78 CJ5 with 304 V8 was a great toy. Only had a soft top. In winter I rigged uo a dryer vent hose to heater: I could hold it directly on wind shield for de-fogging or stick in my jacket to defog me.

08-Feb-21
2000, lifted and polished up. Stock 4.0 5 spd.......

Good Shooting->->->->Craig

08-Feb-21
Nice ride, Monkeyball!

08-Feb-21
Thank you buddy.

Good Shooting->->->->Craig

09-Feb-21
To the left.... Bruce IS a conservative...... I mean he sang that "Born in the USA" song and all.... (to which none of them ever heard the words....) that'll do it, yeah, that's the ticket....

Turns out it's more like "hey little girl is your daddy home....."

Leftists literally have NO self awareness. And no shame....

09-Feb-21
Keith, i had one very similar to yours, they are absolutely tanks...i took 8 people on a climbing trip once in mine, and a dog. Lol

09-Feb-21
Some nice looking rigs in this thread.

When I was a kid in the 70's my dad and his friends all raced Jeeps in off road clubs on the weekends in PA, OH and WV. Hill climbs, obstacle courses and dirt drag races. Everything from bone stock to way beyond stock with fiberglass bodies. Good times and good memories.

Jaquomo, When I was in high school we had an old 50's Willys pick up. Top speed was about 45 on the road but it was geared so low that it would go anywhere. It was the ugliest thing you ever saw. I slapped a radio with a cassette deck in it cause I had to have tunes but I was no wiring wizard. I was driving it to a wrestling tournament during a snow storm and the radio was cutting out due to my "great" wiring job. I reached under the dash while I was driving and started jiggling wires and a huge shower of sparks flew out and lit the old cruddy carpet we had on the floor. The next thing I knew, I had green flames shooting up from around the shifter and about licking the roof inside the cab! I slapped it into low, jumped out walked beside the truck, flung the carpet out into the snow and jumped back in and away I went!

For the record, I think Springsteen and his music suck!

09-Feb-21
Hey Bullelk1, you fall asleep??

09-Feb-21
I see the UP of Michigan is missing on the map. Does that mean, the UP can be our own little country?

09-Feb-21
They lost me at Jeep. I've owned 3 and all were made of junk. None lasted more than a season without breaking something or breaking down. My old 94' 2 door Yukon has gone through the same terrain 13 years without breaking.

09-Feb-21
I was gonna say Toyota until I actually read the first post...

10-Feb-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
2017 was my retirement gift to myself
BULELK1's embedded Photo
2017 was my retirement gift to myself
I luv both of my Jeeps and yes they do get a lot of attention from the ladies, not sure they are panty droppers though----Nick!!!

I liked Bruce back in his superstar days singing, not so much now though.

Fun thread Lou,

Robb

10-Feb-21

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
Love my Jeep.

10-Feb-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've been really happy with the Stainless Steel Shell/Topper
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've been really happy with the Stainless Steel Shell/Topper
My 2020 JP Gladiator gets me lot's of request 'Can I take a Picture of your Truck' from total strangers!

Good luck, Robb

10-Feb-21
Gotta have one where I’m at now.....in snow season at least. 100,000 miles on my rubicon and no issues......I’ve pulled out many jap craps and full size trucks over the last two years stuck in snow/mud. Having lockers in the front and rear are nice!

10-Feb-21
Gotta have one where I’m at now.....in snow season at least. 100,000 miles on my rubicon and no issues......I’ve pulled out many jap craps and full size trucks over the last two years stuck in snow/mud. Having lockers in the front and rear are nice!

10-Feb-21
Loved my 82 J10 Pioneer! Thing was tough as hell...tough on gas too, but who cares gas was .89/gallon!! Wish I still had it:(

As for "the boss", the guy has two notes and they're still both FLAT..

10-Feb-21
I hate to admit this. . . I like how they look, as long as they have 33" or bigger tires. I really like the looks of the Gladiator, with 33" or bigger tires :)

I even test drove a 4 door Rubicon many years ago. But I need an everyday driver that I can drive 85 mph and put 40,000 plus miles on a year, and I need something that can pull as well. So unless I hit the lottery and had play money to buy one, I just can't justify one.

And now, I won't. I'm serious. Chrysler has royally ticked me off with this ad. I think it's in poor taste. And I don't want or need pathetic political virtue signaling. The super bowl ads really ticked me off with their preaching and virtue signaling. "Look at our company, and how good we are. . . . ."

I was born into the wrong time. . .

10-Feb-21
I had a blast on my Jeeps. They had constant issues but cruising around from June to Sept with the top off was great. I didn't keep mine off in February like Bruce.

Then I discovered Land Cruisers.

10-Feb-21

Slate's embedded Photo
Slate's embedded Photo
I didn’t watch the garbage football and didn’t see the ad. Don’t care. I bought a Jeep because I wanted one. Rent them too while hunting

10-Feb-21

Missouribreaks's Link
Hopefully his Jeeps have roll bars. Where is MADD?

10-Feb-21
He got in a little hometown jam

10-Feb-21

Scrappy's Link
Wonder if Bruce's drivers license was suspended when he filmed that commercial. That would be video evidence of driving with a suspended license wouldn't it.

10-Feb-21
I saw Bruce got a DWI in the news this morning. He’ll probably get a slap on the wrist because he’s rich and famous.

10-Feb-21
The boss got a DWI?? He must've been listening to his own records..pretty sure being hammered is the only way I could!

10-Feb-21
DWI and reckless driving. Wonder if it was in a Jeep in Kansas, you know, where he hangs out all the time with "his" peeps.

10-Feb-21
Had 3 Jeep’s over my lifetime, a 53, a 48, and a 48 pickup with a 4-banger. Loved them. Easy to work on and go anywhere. I drove a Ford Model A too as a teen. My favorite car ever. I wish I still had all of them.

10-Feb-21

Glunt@work's embedded Photo
Glunt@work's embedded Photo

10-Feb-21
Oops - Jeep ad pulled after DWI arrest revelation..

I can "unite" behind that!

10-Feb-21
Jeep claims they pulled the ad because of the DUI revelation.

Yeah right. I’m sure it had nothing to do with the overwhelming negative response.

11-Feb-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
My childhood buddy in Florida has his dad's original purchased 1972-ish CJ5 or 7(?). It was supposed to be a rare one in that it was the first year V-8 with a manual tranny. My buddy got it repainted but everything else is stock. No PS or PB's. It has an old school dual exhaust. I'm not sure if that was stock back then from the dealer?? It's a weekend garage queen these days. I've driven it a few times. It's a fun ride and a chick magnet.

If you're into doing cool things with trucks......around 1979 or so, long before 4WD Tacomas and Rangers, etc....I put a 4WD conversion kit on my 1975 Datsun pick-up. I had a smart guy help but I did most all the manual work. It took about a week and half. I made custom pipe bumpers and lifted it. The tires were the old school Ground Hawgs and white spokes. In those days down south.....white spokes were what the good ol' boys used. Nowadays.....the millennials like the "mall truck" look with ugly rims, leveled suspensions, shiny bling and pot purri air freshners. The only times those trucks get wet is when they go thru the car wash or the neighborhood dog pees on the wheels.

Around 1990 or so I put a 1969 302 into my little Bronco II. I got it from a junkyard for like $100 and total rebuilt it up. I kept the stock 5 speed tranny until it went out from a heavy foot driving it cross-country and then went to a C-4.

11-Feb-21
My high school buddy had one of those Datsun Conversions. We drove it up I-70 to go skiing a lot. Needed some gearing to match the tires. Good thing we weren't in a hurry :^)

All my teenage group of friends and I had 4x4 trucks or Jeeps usually covered in mud and a shotgun in the gunrack or behind the seat in the school parking lot.

First date with my wife was driving my CJ7 9 hours to Omaha with the top off in July. I had to work there for a few days and her college roommate lived there so she jumped in to visit her.

11-Feb-21

Zim's embedded Photo
Zim's embedded Photo
All Jeep accomplished with that marketing stunt was making me proud to be a classic Ford owner

11-Feb-21
Love those old Broncos! Old neighbor in the 70's had one and even at 5 years old I recognized it as a hell of a cool ride.

11-Feb-21

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
I'm really digging the looks of the new Bronco, too.

11-Feb-21

woodguy65's embedded Photo
woodguy65's embedded Photo
My old Toyota FJ-40.

11-Feb-21
niiice FJ woodguy!

im betting you wish you still had it

11-Feb-21
I was actually considering the smaller Jeep Cherokee model to replace my Suburban. I wanted a smaller SUV with good offroad capability, decent mpg, and still enough power to tow my 17' fishing boat. Probably will reconsider now. A long time ago I started switching radio stations when a Springsteen song came on. Not a fan. Same reason I'll never watch another DeNiro film.

11-Feb-21
DeNiro, Springsteen and Michael Moore, three beauties.

11-Feb-21
OH goody! THis turned into a jeep pimping thread. ive never owned one and thankfully my GF sold hers last year too.

11-Feb-21

BigSkyHntr's embedded Photo
I love my Jeep! ‘92 Cherokee, 5 speed manual.

11-Feb-21

And she does get dirty occasionally haha!

11-Feb-21
^....and that's why ya get Fords. :-)

11-Feb-21
"niiice FJ woodguy! im betting you wish you still had it."

Yes sir I do!

11-Feb-21
BigSkyHntr, if you got out of that quagmire without help........color me impressed!

11-Feb-21
Lol yeah I guess I’ll confess I needed a little yank that time ;) was having fun until I hit that hole though!

11-Feb-21

Bill J.'s embedded Photo
Bill J.'s embedded Photo
For the love of me I can't find a current pic on this computer, so I'll go back to the beginning. Saved this from the crusher, should be on the road soon. IH Scout 800. Can't wait to put it up against the wife's JK :)

11-Feb-21
I had an IH Scout with the 4 cylinder Cherokee engine. Nice vehicle but rusted like crazy.

11-Feb-21
just read, the add was pull when news of BS's DWI broke!

12-Feb-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Kinda sad that those new Bronco's look a lot like a Jp Renegade and that Range Rover SUV.

Most of those Style of smaller SUV's certainly look about the same.

I wish the Bronco would have been a little bit bigger though.

Good luck, Robb

12-Feb-21

That’s the Sport model, Robb. The new reg bronco is bigger.

12-Feb-21

Side by side

12-Feb-21

McCree's embedded Photo
McCree's embedded Photo
84 CJ8 I built a few years back. SBC, Dana 44's, 4:56 gears and lockers. After it was done I realized I found more enjoyment out of building it than I did driving it so I sold it.

12-Feb-21
Man, I hate it when a thread turns positive!

12-Feb-21

whipranger's embedded Photo
Toyota’s are King
Toyota’s are King

12-Feb-21

12-Feb-21

12-Feb-21
whip, nothing like a 'cruiser

12-Feb-21
Some badass whips, guys!

12-Feb-21
Didn't see the ad. I'll never own another chrysler product.

Right now I'm down to Ford's and the Japanese trucks.

Chevrolet's "all electric" by 2035 has me out too.

12-Feb-21
Love Toyotas. Had an '84 FJ60, mild lift, locked rear, a '96 80 series with factory lockers and an '87 4Runner with the turbo. Waited too long to get a FJ40, prices are crazy now.

12-Feb-21

lv2bohunt's embedded Photo
lv2bohunt's embedded Photo
Might as well jump in with the FJ40’s

• Sitka Gear