JSW 10-Feb-21
Pat Lefemine 11-Feb-21
CurveBow 12-Feb-21
INbowdude 12-Feb-21
Tonybear61 14-Feb-21
JSW 15-Feb-21
GBTG 15-Feb-21
08-Feb-21
We interviewed Gene Wensel and Paul Bruner last week. It is a hilarious three hours on “The Stickboys” podcast. It is broken up into two parts. They discuss the early days and the friendships that were forged in Montana. The Montana Mafia. These guys exemplify the best parts of bowhunting, the friendships and laughs, and a few hunting stories too. Enjoy this part of bowhunting history.

08-Feb-21
We need to get as much as possible down from those guys! They are our history, and so damn fun to just sit back and listen to. Thanks!

08-Feb-21
Can’t wait to hear it

08-Feb-21
Link????

09-Feb-21
That was good! Literally LOL a few times. Looking forward to part two.

09-Feb-21
I still have one of Bruner's treestands........the one they hung the VW from to show how strong it is!!

09-Feb-21
Great guys, they represent bow and arrow shooting before the psychoanalysis crowd told use what see can and cannot see in our vision, and how we shoot all wrong and are not as good as we should be. Lots of fun and enthusiasm in the real bow and arrow hunting crowd. They get the job done, and they do it their way.

09-Feb-21
Will be listening to that one!

09-Feb-21
The Wensels have always been my heroes. I stay in contact with Barry regularly and know Gene well. These guys never lost the passion. They are hilarious, serious, and most importantly they never sold out and whored themselves out like so many others in the deer world. I have the utmost respect for both of them.

09-Feb-21
Go to the app. store and check out Ryan Furrer’s podcast. He just recently did a podcast with Barry, and just finished a 3 part podcast with Gene.

You can thank me later. And Pat, I concur with your respect towards both of those guys.

09-Feb-21

ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
ROUGHCOUNTRY's embedded Photo
Just finished listening to it and was refreshing to hear. Both guys have been archery hunting for decades and decades and a wealth of knowledge from the "good ole days" to today. You won't hear phrases like, "smoked him", "hit list", "big buck down" or anything like that. Gene has killed two verified Boone and Crockett whitetails with a bow and I believe Paul has killed a couple Boone and Crockett elk. They don't even mention any of that. We sometimes take ourselves way too seriously.

Pay attention to what actually made the greatest impressions on these men who are in their mid to late 70's now. We should all be grateful we've been granted the opportunity to live and interact in God's creations.

09-Feb-21
Absolutely, hands - down, my all time favorite two hunters - for all the reasons mentioned. Have all their books as well as videos. In fact, it was Paul’s videos that made me switch to traditional archery. It was Paul’s video “Whitetail Strategies” that literally catapulted my hunting abilities. Wensel’s books & videos likewise. Made a special trip to the Harrisburg Sports show last year just to hear their seminar. I could go on & on........... Much respect for two examples of (in my opinion at least) everything that’s good about our sport.

09-Feb-21

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Say it ain’t so, Barry!!

I think I wore out my VHS tape of “Bowhunting October Whitetails” from playing it so many times, back in the day. All time classic!

09-Feb-21
Barry and Gene are 2 of my bow hunting heroes....even more so than Fred Bear. I’ve had some great conversations with Gene over the years.

09-Feb-21

pirogue's embedded Photo
pirogue's embedded Photo
A keeper for sure.

10-Feb-21
Alan - Have a link to the podcast?

Barry posts here every once in a while, maybe he'll chime in...

10-Feb-21
What a couple of characters.....

Somewhere back in the '80s Gene was doing his early traveling whitetail circus tours and was booked in Chillicothe, OH. A friend and I went to see the show. It was off-the-charts funny. Those guys lost no opportunity to roast other notable figures in bowhunting. Bob McGuire, Tom Flemming, Chuck Adams....nobody exempt. Brunner did a shameless promo for his Screaming Eagle gear. I still remember him sitting in a treestand with cowboy boots. I think he had some leftover sugar packets in his pockets.

10-Feb-21
Kevin I saw that tour also, but in Charleston,WV those guys are the real deal. Last time Barry was our guest speaker at the WVBA banquet I picked him up at airport. He signed my selway quiver ( Jack,don't choke on the big one "). These guys know how to have fun and that is what bowhunting is all about. Want to listen to podcast!

10-Feb-21
Great men and icons of our bowhunting passion. I will throw Kevin Dill in there too!

10-Feb-21
I just saw this thread posted. Although I wasn't part of this podcast I was present for most of the stories told... and believe it or not, they were all true. Was it my imagination or did Gene do 90% of the talking and Paul 10%? That was a smart move because every time Paul opens his mouth someone gets in trouble. In these times of political and world stress we should consider doing a concert/ event where we tell true but humorous stories of our bowhunting past. Mr. Nugent fills an auditorium to play a few tunes. We could likely give you a few laughs as well and, as I said, a few laughs might be just what we need for these recently darker days. But then again, maybe we should do a DVD or taped show for politically correct social distancing mandates. I'm not that concerned about it though because when Paul and I talk face-to-face his germ spreading mouth is down around my belt buckle. Just something to ponder. BW

10-Feb-21
Barry, we love you!

Looking forward to seeing you at P&Y!

10-Feb-21
Great idea Barry. I would buy a ticket or at least borrow the DVD from one of my rich bowhunting buddies.

11-Feb-21
Hilarious!

12-Feb-21
I used to love Paul's catalogs back in the day. Screaming Eagle treestands. And, lets not forget the photo of the "Grizzly Bear Artificial Insemination Team!"!! LOL :-)

12-Feb-21
I went on my first safari with Paul at Greater Kuduland Safaris. Had a great time with the 8th dwarf and met E. Donnell Thomas for part of that hunt. What great folks.

14-Feb-21
October Whitetails I & II, High Noon Bucks and Primal Dreams some of the best hunting films ever made.

15-Feb-21
Let us know when part 2 is online.

15-Feb-21
Part 2 is online.

• Sitka Gear