spike buck 12-Feb-21
Timbrhuntr 12-Feb-21
newfi1946moose 12-Feb-21
APauls 12-Feb-21
JL 13-Feb-21
spike buck 13-Feb-21
JB 15-Feb-21
11-Feb-21
Since it looks like you might still transmit Covid even after being vaccinated, likely the border won't open until most Canadians are also vaccinated.

11-Feb-21
Where did all the previous posts go?

11-Feb-21
Would think one would start seeing something about allowing travel if have a proof of vaccine shot card .

Then again its Goverment.

11-Feb-21

JL's Link
This is a new article floating the idea of a recall for JT....just like Newsom in Cali. The author is making the comparisons. Could it be????

Here is another article saying Canada is getting shorted on the vaccine doses. That is not good.

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada-will-be-short-82000-doses-in-next-shipment-of-moderna-covid-19-vaccine

11-Feb-21
Vaccine distribution is said to be quadrupling in the next couple of weeks in Canada. Over 6,000,000 to be vaccinated by end of March. Canada has 37,000,000

11-Feb-21
Alberta isn't planning to have more than 30-40% of the population vaccinated before June. The majority of vaccination isn't planned to start taking place until late summer/early fall. I'm guessing most folks won't be able to cross in time for this season unless they qualify for one of the exemptions.

11-Feb-21
Manitoba decided to produce it's own Vaccines in Winnipeg by end of year. Says wont wait for Trudeau!! Doubt if Trudeau lasts past June...

11-Feb-21
Spike....you actually think JT will get recalled?

11-Feb-21
There is most likely going to be a vote of non confidence June or July. Does not mean he will lose. He might win a majority, but I sure hope not.

11-Feb-21
If he loses the no confidence vote, what happens next?

12-Feb-21
Then an election is called. A new Government voted in or he is reelected. If a PM has a majority there will not be a Vote Of Non Confidence. Trudeau has a Minority Government right now which makes him vulnerable.

12-Feb-21
All Trudeau is doing right now is posturing for an election. Forgiving all fraud in cerb or whatever the are calling it now etc. Like his old man do what you want then give out a few goodies just before an election and the sheep will all run to the trough !! I see he is now calling on his buddies in India to get him vaccines since his buddies in China dumped him jee I wonder how that will turn out, I bet he wishes he could promise to legalize mj again !!

12-Feb-21
Inshart...I totally agree with you!!!

12-Feb-21
Tits on a bull.

Shut down the government, hide in my cottage and open the door, put on my drama voice tell the country everything will be great, run back inside slam the door and hide until next announcement.

13-Feb-21

JL's Link
Looks like the Canadian snowbirds flying back in are pitching a fit with JT's regs. This may get interesting for those that flew down to their snowbird condos and homes. Ontario slowly opening up is a hopeful sign.

Snowbirds putting up fight over virus tests By Jim Fox Ledger correspondent Feb 13

Canadian snowbirds are fighting government rules that they must take virus tests before leaving and upon returning to Canada by air.

They’re the folks who spend their winters or own vacation homes in warmer climates, primarily Florida and Arizona.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau also says those arriving in Canada by land will soon have to present recent negative COVID-19 test results or face fines of up to $3,000.

Canadian Snowbird Association president Karen Huestis has complained to the government that the costs involved in the change of regulations “poses financial hardship for many travelers.”

Those who test negative should be able to quarantine in their homes and not have to spend three days in an airport strip hotel awaiting results and paying about of $2,000 for a room and food, she said.

Those returning by land aren’t required to quarantine in a hotel.

These new airline testing and quarantine measures start Feb. 22 and planes can only land at Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto and Montreal.

Since there is no ban on travel, snowbirds don't think of themselves as vacationers with such short trips being discouraged to help prevent the spread of the virus.

The reopening

Ontario is gradually restarting the economy by opening schools and transitioning regions of the province out of lockdown.

The first of 27 regions of the province with 15-million people will move to a color-coded reopening framework Tuesday.

This will end the widespread stay-at-home order and allow a partial reopening of non-essential businesses.

“We are cautiously and gradually transitioning some regions out of shutdown but it is not a return to normal,” said Health Minister Christine Elliott.

The heavily populated regions of Toronto, York as well as North Bay and Parry Sound will keep the stay home order until at least Feb. 22.

13-Feb-21
My wife can now open our restaurant this Wednesday for inside seating.... it a start!! Western Ontario.

15-Feb-21

JB's Link
Not surprising but sucks none the less.

• Sitka Gear