drycreek 16-Feb-21
ben 16-Feb-21
Jeff 16-Feb-21
woodguy65 16-Feb-21
Joey Ward 16-Feb-21
Highlife 16-Feb-21
goyt 17-Feb-21
15-Feb-21
Anyone know anything about these? In general I don't trust anything that has to do with Bass Pro or Cabela's any more but these machines seem decent for the money.

I'm not interested in any griping about whether these machines belong in the woods or not.

I would mostly use it for work getting around on properties I manage (I'm a forester/land manager), touring properties with prospective clients, and working/hunting on property I have access to. Very little if any trail riding. Maybe hauling gear out ice fishing.

This seems pretty well designed in general from the marketing videos. It's noise level is one feature I liked.

Anyone have any feedback?

15-Feb-21
Spend a little more money on something else IMO. Buying something that is gonna inevitably need warranty work is probably not gonna be fun from Bass Pro.

15-Feb-21

trophyhill 's Link
Seems they are well made and not made in Wuhan or China

15-Feb-21
What is a tracker side by side?

15-Feb-21
Joel, I have no experience with the tracker SxS but I negotiated a Kawasaki Mule SxS in my Ohio deal and while it’s about as cheap as anything out there, it’s been pretty damn impressive. I’ve hauled well over 1k in the bed and it has been remarkably reliable.

15-Feb-21

Norseman 's Link
Made by Textron They gobbled up BAd Boy Buggies and Arctic Cat.

BPS just Spurs their “Tracker Label on them.

15-Feb-21
These have a better warranty than average and there are Tracker dealers pretty much everywhere.

Bigs-what is the definition of better? Polaris machines are getting extraordinary expensive but their reliability is terrible.

The seat storage seems interesting.

15-Feb-21
To piggyback on Norseman's message.

We've got 1200 miles on our 2014 Arctic Cat HDX side by side (purchased at BPS Nashville) It's been like a Timex - takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

15-Feb-21
A buddy of mine has one and I've been impressed with his.Bought it from a local dealer and service has been great.Very quiet and has a good low gear.Price point is good and it's made by Textron which is a great company. The only down side is we use his to mostly duck hunt and about a 28" tire is about as big as you can go and thats with a 3" lift.

I'm getting a Can Am this year simply so I can run 32" tires or I would get the Tracker

15-Feb-21
Not the answer to your question, but get a Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT. I have a friend that just bought the electric version of the machine you asked about, but he hasn’t had it long enough to report on the reliability.

15-Feb-21
The tracker SS uses the same motor the Kawasaki’s use.

15-Feb-21
I love that motor. No issues out of 3 machines with 5-6k miles

15-Feb-21
It's a rebranded artic cat can't go wrong for the price.

16-Feb-21
So, it is an Arctic Cat with a Kawasaki motor? I'm gettin confused.

16-Feb-21
The Textron Powler Pro is one I wanted, it's very quiet. I rode in a Stampede, my lion guide had one. That thing went places I thought was impossible. He also beat that thing 12 times harder than I would have. It never missed a beat. Great machine, IMO.

Textron took the dealership away from my local guy, so now I'm leaning towards the CanAms..

I'm mad I didn't get one of the TBX ( sp?) quads when I should have. They had a longer wheelbase and a big box on the back. Very handy around the farm

16-Feb-21
I purchased a new S X S in the fall of 2019 and I looked at the Tracker. I thought that it was a reasonable UTV for the price. Although it is made by a manufacturer who made UTVs for Artic Cat and others, it is being made to Bass Proshop's specifications which is not necessarily a bad thing but I am fairly confident that Kawasaki's specifications and QA/QC for Textron are better than BP's. I ended up buying the Kawasaki Mule Pro FXR which is a lot more expensive and may not be necessary for your needs. It is roomy enough for three large people, has a lot of power and ground clearance and a large payload. I want to be able to work food plots with it and have it do some heavy work so I made sure I had enough machine.

16-Feb-21
Yeah for a while Artic Cat has been using Kawasaki motors. I got Kawasaki motor in my 1989 Cougar Snomachine. Just started it yesterday on the 3rd pull in -18 degrees.

16-Feb-21
I don’t know about side by sides but in cars, generators and atv’s Honda’s run forever. That’s where I’d be looking.

16-Feb-21
I have a side by side and an ATV. They are very quiet and seem to be a good value although I have had nothing but problems with the ATV and with less than 5 hours on my 700 it has been in the shop twice. One time with a front end issue where the handlebars had to be completely turned to go straight and I was told that nothing was broke and everything just needed tightened up for which they charged me to do at Cabelas. At the same time I informed them that the fuel gauge wasn’t working either but they forgot to fix it and I didn’t realize that until I got it home from my hour drive. It turned out that the fuel gauge is supposedly related to a secondary fuel pump and I had to take it back and was told that they ordered the parts back in early December. After over 12” of snow yesterday and a brand new plow, the ATV is still at Cabelas and I am still shoveling. Buy a Polaris!

16-Feb-21
+1 Link, I'm a Honda guy as well and that's what my side by side is. Bulletproof.

16-Feb-21
I’ve heard the Polaris reliability problems but I bought one in 2007 and just sold it to my son last year. Never had any problems that were Polaris related. Rats chewed some wires once and my winch stopped working, neither was Polaris’ fault. I wanted a CanAm is the only reason I sold it. I wouldn’t buy a Tracker because they feel too tight to me, the CanAm has a little more fat boy room.

16-Feb-21
I have an old (2005) Kawasaki Mule 610. It is not a go fast side x side but, it has so much low end torque that it is amazing the places it will go and is quiet. I have driven up on deer over and over from behind when they were looking another direction.

16-Feb-21

16-Feb-21
I also have a Kawasaki mule - for the past 18 years, reliability is unbelievable. I’ve never replaced a part except battery and fluids. I put a big foot tire kit (lift) on it with extra aggressive mud tires, when I purchased. As stated above it won’t win any races but I’ve never been stuck - reliability is second to none. I use it to haul firewood, purchased some steel side panels for the bed and you wouldn't believe the amount of wood that thing hauls. Also put a hydraulic lift bed on it.

16-Feb-21
I just can’t understand anyone wanting to drive one over 30 mph anyway. Even a 4wd truck, etc would be foolish at that speed on the terrain UTVs were made for.

16-Feb-21
Well if your trail camera tells you ol big horns goes by your stand at deerthirty and your running late youse gotta have da speed to be there. ;)

17-Feb-21
Here in Ohio we can run our UTVs/ATVs on the Township and County roads. I have a Kawasaki Mule Pro which has a pretty wide wheel base plus a roof and windshield. We used to drive a John Deer Gator and a Kubota which were slow. Although the added speed of the Mule Pro is of little value off road is is terrific on the public roads. Great time saver when we have a long day of fertilizing, seeding or spraying. Now I would not want to lend it to some idiot who would get in trouble with all of the power and speed.

• Sitka Gear