midwest 21-Feb-21
t-roy 21-Feb-21
Glunt@work 21-Feb-21
Deek 22-Feb-21
TD 22-Feb-21
17-Feb-21
You spoke for many it will be hard to replace you

17-Feb-21
Indeed. RIP Rush. As a constitution loving, Freedom Loving American, you will be missed. You truly are a great American! God Bless You Sir!

17-Feb-21
Many hours spent listen to Rush in the truck. I guess "Talent on loan from God" was returned today.

17-Feb-21
RIP Rush Thanks for helping us mind numbed robots think out of the box, think for yourself and question authority.

17-Feb-21
We lost a good one today. May he RIP.

17-Feb-21
rip Rush

17-Feb-21
RIP

17-Feb-21
RIP El Rushbo, off to the big golden microphone in the sky.

17-Feb-21
RIP indeed. A true American icon.

17-Feb-21
He fought all the way to the end, RIP, Rush!

17-Feb-21
RIP

17-Feb-21
One of the greatest Americans this country has ever produced. His impact on millions of people will be greatly missed. RIP, RUSH. :-(

17-Feb-21
Good man, great American.

17-Feb-21
We lost a great one day. Glad he spent his talent and life speaking out for freedom.

17-Feb-21
The Godfather of talk radio....RIP.

17-Feb-21
A great American, RIP Rush.

17-Feb-21
A giant has fallen! RIP Rush

17-Feb-21
LOVED LISTENING TO THAT MAN; WILL BE GREATLY MISSED.

17-Feb-21
He blazed the trail of syndicated talk radio. Great man with consistent, unwavering views. RIP Rush.

17-Feb-21
mega dittos RIP Rush

17-Feb-21
American icon of conservative thinking. Will be deeply missed.

17-Feb-21
Good American

17-Feb-21
Amazing man who was on the right side of politics.

17-Feb-21
Was totally bummed to tune in and hear his wife announcing his death. Great man. RIP

17-Feb-21
An American icon. You truly impacted my life in a positive way Rush. Thanks for everything.

17-Feb-21
Ditto to all above!

17-Feb-21
Rip Rush loved listening to him when making my long drives.

17-Feb-21
A great person who was a voice for Americans. The man truly loved our country. Gods speed on his final journy.

17-Feb-21
We lost a great one and I'm reminded of the George Jones song, "Who's gonna fill their shoes." I remember his brief television show and have listened for decades probably going back to the early 90's. I remember living in Kansas City and working for Thrifty Rent-A-Car at KCI airport. It was an off-site car rental and park and fly so I drove a 15 passenger van and loaded and unloaded luggage and dropped folks and picked them up at the 3 terminals. I used to purposely screw with people and turn up his radio show on my van radio with a loaded van and let people react:)

Back then he used to periodically return "home" to Cape Girardieau, Missouri to visit family and I always dreamed of seeing him at the airport although he probably flew into St. Louis, ha.

Rest in Peace my radio friend,

R.C.

17-Feb-21
Mega dittos. R.i.P.

17-Feb-21
To think of where our country would be today without Rushs' influence is a scary thought, especially during the clintons run. He was one of a kind, there is no replacement, just someone to try and fill the gap. Funny, Rush always said, "talent on loan from God", well today god took the talent back. Rip Rush.

17-Feb-21
Truly an Icon, an irreplaceable patriot. RIP Rush! You are already greatly missed.

17-Feb-21
Irreplaceable, God Speed Rush!

17-Feb-21
Agreed Stoneman.

The GOAT!

He will be sorely missed and the country will suffer due to his passing.

17-Feb-21
He will be sorely missed. He truly was the GOAT. RIP Rush

17-Feb-21
Damn...

17-Feb-21
Damnit man. RIP

17-Feb-21
Mega Dittos!

With the onslaught of this 'cancel culture', it is even more important for us to carry on his legacy. Do not allow your voices to be quashed. Do not give another inch to the godless, America & Constitution-hating left.

God blessed us with your voice, Rush. Thank you sir. You will be sorely missed.

17-Feb-21

4nolz@work's embedded Photo
4nolz@work's embedded Photo

17-Feb-21
Hate to hear this. RIP Rush I always enjoyed hearing your take on things.

17-Feb-21
GIANT, GIANT, GIANT, boots that will be damn hard if not impossible to fill, still in shock that you're gone, even though we all new it was inevitable. Rest In Peace, American Icon .

17-Feb-21
Dittos.....

17-Feb-21
RIP Rush Your the best friend I never met

17-Feb-21
Working in the oilfield in my truck all day I listened to Rush a lot, probably two and a half of his three hours most every day. I used to eat a burger going down the road just so I wouldn’t miss what he had to say. I didn’t agree with everything he said, just 99% of it. I’m reminded of not only George Jones, but also Jerry Lee Lewis, “You’re walking in my tracks, but you can’t fill my shoes”. No one will come close to filling Rush’s shoes. R. I. P. Rush, you deserve it.

17-Feb-21
RIP EL Rushbo - I was fortunate enough to be able to listen to him for the past 30 plus years on radio. I can still remember the first time I heard him on the radio station - I thought, My God this guy is finally saying what I think - he's not going to last very long. LOL

17-Feb-21
I was just starting to pay attention to politics many years ago and what was on TV never made sense. The talking heads never seemed to have the same view on issues that I held. No internet and limited cable sources. Stumbled on his show and that changed.

17-Feb-21
Been listening to rush since 2006/07. I will surely miss his broadcast.

17-Feb-21
RIP Rush. A true American.

On a side note some lefties and Hollywood a'hats are celebrating his passing. Truly disgusting.

17-Feb-21
That sucks, he brought a great perspective on life and politics. RIP

17-Feb-21
Mark Levine, pick up where Rush left off! Great advocate,

17-Feb-21
Love him or hate him, he was one of the most influential men of our time.

RIP, Rush

Matt

17-Feb-21
Looks like 2021 isn't turning out well for racist, sexist, fear-mongering, liars, narcissists, and hucksters.

17-Feb-21
Why? Are you sick Timberdorko?

17-Feb-21
Rush=good, The best was the late Howie Chizek (sp?). THE talk of Akron, Oh. WNIR 1100.

17-Feb-21
Didn't always agree but he significantly influenced my political ideology.

17-Feb-21
Rush=good, The best was the late Howie Chizek (sp?). THE talk of Akron, Oh. WNIR 1100.

17-Feb-21
RIP Rush.

17-Feb-21
I thought a lot about Rush Limbaugh during this past election cycle, especially while the votes for President were being tallied. I couldn't help but feel that those he dubbed "Low Information Voters" were the biggest reason that Biden ended up in the White House.

While sometimes quite full of himself, one could learn a lot from Rush if they had an open mind and a bit of common sense.

Rest in Peace Mr. Limbaugh.

17-Feb-21
So strong, so honest, so consistent, so committed, so generous, so courageous, so young. Thanks Rush.

17-Feb-21
I loved hearing him on the radio for years. Cancer stole another good one today. I sat down today with what I call low information voters. They were just clobbering Trump as the worst. I asked them to name one policy they did or didn't like that was endorsed by Trump.. They could not name one. nuff said

17-Feb-21
An Icon was lost for sure RIP ?? Rush you will be forever missed Lewis

17-Feb-21
He was a very intelligent logical voice for me. I’ll miss him!

17-Feb-21
He will be missed. I enjoyed listening to him & interact with his callers!

18-Feb-21
Too bad he wasn't a democrat..... he'd still be able to vote in 2022.....

18-Feb-21
Godspeed Rush

18-Feb-21
Rush Limbaugh died today and my dad died saturday......next someone will tell me there is no santa claus

18-Feb-21
Sorry for your loss, WV.

18-Feb-21
My condolences WV Farrier at the loss of your Father

18-Feb-21
Cancer sucks.

18-Feb-21
He was an incredibly intelligent man with a clear and consistent voice. He will be missed. RIP Rush.

18-Feb-21
The king is dead. Long live the King!!!

18-Feb-21
The world won't have to mourn long. It will only be a matter of time before another divisive, narcissistic, full of hate, pure evil person will be along in his place...Oh wait, Sean Hannity is already here !

18-Feb-21

DaleT's embedded Photo
DaleT's embedded Photo
Yes, if only more of our young men could idolize these "patriots"

18-Feb-21

SIP's embedded Photo
SIP's embedded Photo

18-Feb-21
He made you think. And insist you make your own opinion on things. Unlike the other side. They insist you are thier way. And try to bludgeon you until your part of thier herd mentality. If conservative value individuals are so full of hate, how do you explain the amount of money donated to charities by known conservatives versus liberals. Google it- Then make your evalution

18-Feb-21
stagetek sounds like the pot just called the kettle black.

18-Feb-21
“ The world won't have to mourn long. It will only be a matter of time before another divisive, narcissistic, full of hate, pure evil person will be along in his place...”

I see you’re going to try your hand at radio. If you only had the wisdom to see how hate filled and narcissistic your own words are. I feel bad for your parents.

18-Feb-21
Every time an influential conservative passes leftist show their true colors. I have a feeling you losers bashing Rush they day he died have never listened to him. He was a great, humble and extremely generous man who died too soon. RiP El Rushbo!

18-Feb-21
I was waiting for at least one F*%^ing idiot to expose themselves. Thanks you DaleT you proved me right. What a class act you are pal. Unbelievable people like you exsist, truely.

18-Feb-21
Rush was a man of God. Stagetek and DaleT, can you fault that? Lemme guess....'Yes' The other three are patriots, how much military time did you guys serve. Me, zero active duty, but I have worked for DoD for 30 yrs, providing direct support for the military. Maybe, just maybe these guys you pictured have served the military in a civilian status... just saying. Have either of you two haters? You make me sick with those posts.

18-Feb-21
LBshooter - I would be happy to compare credentials but as typical of most of you keyboarder warriors - your post make it a no-brainer who is the idiot. Many of "you guys" make me believe in reincarnation as it is obvious you last appeared in Germany of the 1930s & 40s. Anyone that sees things differently is obviously an idiot because you are the only one smart enough to see issues clearly.

18-Feb-21
Again, you guys are making assumptions you know nothing about. My father was at Pearl Harbor bombing and served throughout WWII, I did 27 years in the military (enlisted & officer), my son is 100% disabled combat veteran. I think I have earned the right to be heard without the personal attacks (being called an idiot). Intolerance of opposing views is the problem brought on by individuals such as the subject of this thread IMO.

18-Feb-21
So, having a lack of military service somehow disqualifies you for being a patriot? Last time I checked the men in your picture spent a huge part of their time serving our country in a different capacity.

18-Feb-21
The problem DaleT is that you posted on a thread that has nothing to do with opposing views, seeing things differently, or your credentials. This isn't a thread about that, it's titled "RIP Rush Limbaugh". You may not have loved the guy or agreed with his views and lifestyle, but he had many friends, family, and followers that loved him and are mourning his death after his tough battle with cancer. I don't care what anyone's views are, same for the Noel Feather thread after he passed away. Someone always has to chime in negatively to hear themselves. Your views are fine and is what you believe, this just isn't the thread to do it on. I listened to Rush on occasion and wasn't a big follower of him, but I respect the fact that the guy just died.

18-Feb-21
He was like all men. He had faults. But, what’s not questionable is he was a good man. He was Very articulate and, he had zero remorse for calling a spade a spade.

18-Feb-21
Dale, I believe you're referring to the woke cancel culture with your reference to Nazi Germany.

18-Feb-21
An old telephony co-worker from Kansas City is on my Facebook account and I saw he posted a collage of supposed terrible, racist quotes from R.L. referencing blacks, gays, dems and such. I haven't researched the quotes but I'm guessing he may have said those things with his patented "demonstrating absurdity by being absurd." His humor had to be referenced and understood and he admitted that people who stumbled into his program or listened sporadically may get the wrong impression.

My referenced co-worker is a die-hard liberal, MSNBC watching, Rachel Maddow worshipping guy and can't be convinced otherwise. Unfortunately, my own mother who is retired Air Force is fast becoming one as well:(

18-Feb-21
Dale T learned from the West Borough Baptist Church, go to funerals and call the dead person an asshole. The left is a cult of hate. You don’t need bonafides to be an asshole. I am and I never even had to register for the draft.

18-Feb-21
Dale T - amazing. Comes on a thread smearing someone he doesn’t agree with while simultaneously condemning those who are “intolerant of opposing views” - a true lefty for sure.

18-Feb-21
Dale your virtue signaling doesn't make it ok to be disrespectful to the dead.It just shows your true nature.

18-Feb-21
Hey, negative attention is still attention.

18-Feb-21
Rush on Mt. Rushmore. Good man with a huge shadow, RIP.

18-Feb-21
People get divorced every day. You can be a “patriot” and not serve in the military

18-Feb-21
The douche bags like Stagetek who come on here to rip a dead man, I bet have never listened to his show.

18-Feb-21
People get divorced every day. You can be a “patriot” and not serve in the military

18-Feb-21
A couple of clarifications, from my viewpoint, before I leave this endless thread: I’ve been a Republican for 55 years (although I can no longer identify with what they have become and will soon re-register as an Independent); I have no particular admiration or respect for the Democrats and I, by no stretch of the imagination, am a left leaning liberal; I never said, or suggested, that one needs to be a veteran to be a patriot – remember I didn’t bring up my military background until I was publicly accused/suspected of having no military experience & and then called a “ F*%^ing idiot’; I actually don’t even have a problem with draft-dodgers - that is, UNTIL they think they deserve to be Commander-in-Chief with the right to send other young people in harm’s way (never overtly dodged the draft, then you get the benefit of the doubt); I simply posted a photo that supported MY thinking (note: without telling the 50 or so previous responders, having opposing views, they were a F*%^ing idiot, a douche bag, etc.) that the 4 individuals do not fit MY definition of patriots due to the divisiveness that results from their words & actions (publicly calling women slut, prostitute, ugly, celebrating the deaths of AIDS patients, call others out for being “dopers” especially when oneself has or will have an addiction problem, perpetuating absurd conspiracies such as the election was stolen).

18-Feb-21
Here's a dime Dale...call someone who cares what you think.

18-Feb-21
He still doesnt get it. Just show us a chance to express our loss without being a jerk. You can return to being one tomorrow.

18-Feb-21
RIP Rush. A true American patriot.

18-Feb-21
Dale T - in a long line of supposed “used to be conservatives” that can’t stand what the party has become - yet cannot list where the party has drastically changed their platform. The Dems on the other hand have fallen off a cliff - yet that’s ok... I get it. SMH

18-Feb-21
My friend and brother miss you already!

18-Feb-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
IMO.....regardless of persuasion....it's bad form to speak ill of someone who passed from cancer. Disagreeing with their politics is ok....I just wouldn't speak ill on a personal level.

Yesterday after it was announced Rush had passed, I was reading what some national media sites were saying and what they're take was. At the time I was looking around, most of the national ones were slightly left - slightly neutral in their announcements. Nothing totally atrocious. However, the Huffy was probably the worst offender for being tactless. I snipped their headline for future reference. I figured whomever wrote it was a 20/30-something year old wokee. I don't know how long it was posted but I figured I should save it. Kind of a bummer and speaks volumes about the Huffy. I think they played right into what Rush was always saying.

18-Feb-21
Dale, thank you for your service, I thank your father for his service and I thank your son for his sacrifice, he truely deserves the thanks. You certainly have earned the right to speak your mind anytime and anywhere , I would never deny anyone from their free speech. However, for you to come out on a post that is for guys to express what an individual meant to them over the years and on the day he dies and you sack that individual with a post like your is truely idiotic. The fact that you come from a military family and honor is one of the main stays of the military, you sir have defiled that by your rude and thoughtless comment. My father served in the military, as did my uncle, I was unable to do so do to health reason, for I wanted to after 9/11. Don't dishonor yourself , father and son with idiotic comments like you made. Maybe you ought to look at the generosity of Rush to the military men amd woman of this country, or the genrousity to other organizations that help sick kids etc... Just because someone doesn't serve in the military doesn't mean they are a bad person. If Rush made derogatory comments about military service then maybe you'd have a point. He supported the military 100% without hesitation.

Lastly, just because you served in the military doesn't mean your exempt from being called an idiot. It's like John McCain, who was a true military hero, no one I know would doubt his courageous act and sacrifice. However, it doesn't give him a lifetime pass to bei called out as an ass, and there were plenty of times he was . Let Rush be honored and buried and rest in peace before you join the haters amd start slinging insults.

18-Feb-21
Stagetek and DaleT even Grey Ghost showed enough tack (not something he is know for) not to take this where you two did. That should tell you something about your post.

18-Feb-21
Really John ?? Your hero, chump trump had no problem trashing an American war hero Senator John McCain, not only after he was dead, but while he was dying...guess all you self righteous republicans can't (won't) remember that ! Limbaugh trashed himself. He took the low road. It put him on the map, kept him there, and made him a multi millionaire in the process. Your party's coming apart at the seams. Limbaugh is the least of your problems !

18-Feb-21
McCain was no war hero he was a sell out.Ill never plug my nose and vote again.

If you weren't drafted don't virtue signal it's an excuse.DaleT were you drafted?

18-Feb-21
So you hate orange man because he got us OUT of the desert and got us using OUR OWN oil so we don't sacrifice young men for oil? Look around you.Your sons sacrifice doesn't need to be repeated over and over.

18-Feb-21
No I volunteered - 1966 torpedoman US Navy submarine service then later went in the Army

18-Feb-21
Stagetrek , by any chance are you a stand up comedian? Because you are making me laugh like no other lol hope your still here in 2022.LMRAO!!!, PS , guys, let's keep political views out of this post so that it doesn't get closed down, keep the tribute to rush around. If some want to bring in politics, just ignore them.

18-Feb-21
And stayed 27 years by choice.I don't want 1 more kid mangled for oil under the guise of gallantry.Its a scam .Trump brought them home.Biden already has sent troops back into Syria.Use our oil let those sand creatures kill each other we don't need their oil.

18-Feb-21
Couldn’t agree more, Middle East wars are/were stupid (and I was in 3 combat zones in two years) so we agree on somethings

19-Feb-21
Hey, negative attention is still attention.

19-Feb-21
I got zero problems talking about a guy who’s died. It doesn’t change anything other then he’s dead. John McCain was John McCain. His policies defined his political career. There is nothing wrong with pointing that out. Same as with Rush Limbaugh.

The problem for me arises with how a person perceives things. That’s telling. Not whether he tells you what he thinks of a dead man.

19-Feb-21
Dale,

Veteran of the USMC here and I wholeheartedly support your right to voice your opinion; that needs no one's defending but I want to be clear that regardless of what you say you've earned the right to say it.

Where I do take issue with you though is how you chose to say it; the subject of this thread is Rush Limbaugh, not Newt Gingrinch, not Rudy Giuliani. Any comment that includes them isn't you responding to the subject it's you venting your spleen. What I take issue with is your not being honest about it. If your beef was with Rush you'd have limited your comments to him alone.

19-Feb-21
Ironic that we be called "idiot" by the tiny fraction of those that don't even fit in, share our beliefs, yet they're here hanging out. Makes ya wonder if even their ill-informed libtard buddies don't want 'em..

Anyway, I digress. RIP Rush...and hopefully we find another true patriot to carry the torch. We need one more than ever because we are severely outnumbered as the world continues its ever-increasing dumbing down!

19-Feb-21
He was a national treasure while here. His influence will continue and inspire millions to love our country as he did, faithfully and with devotion.

I find comfort over his leaving in that he shared his faith in the Lord Jesus Christ as his Savior. He resides now in a place far better than this world. He, I and countless others have a shared destiny. "As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness." Psalm 17:15

19-Feb-21

Habitat for Wildlife's Link
He was a very influential person for sure. I found Peggy’s editorial to be fair and balanced.

19-Feb-21
HfW - if Noonan's hit piece is "fair and balanced" in your eyes, you're blind. And you are no better than than the others above for posting it on a tribute thread. Would like to say I'm surprised by your pissing on the fresh dirt of Rush's grave, but I'm not.

19-Feb-21
Trust there will always be a small number of small people who will offer up a perfect example of what a low-life really is.

19-Feb-21
Certainly wasn’t meant the way you took it! The back and forth here made me think posting the good and the not so good was a good idea.

Rush would probably agree and is already aware we are all complex and none of us are perfect. There was no attempt to offend!

19-Feb-21
There are times when you either say something nice, or you say nothing at all. This is one of them.

19-Feb-21
So this is the guy everyone is gushing about how great he was?

"The NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it." - Rush Limbaugh

"I think it's time to get rid of this whole National Basketball Association. Call it the TBA, the Thug Basketball Association, and stop calling them teams. Call 'em gangs." - Rush Limbaugh

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?" - Rush Limbaugh

Responding to a caller who said black people should have a greater voice on issues: "They are 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?" - Rush Limbaugh

We need segregated buses… This is Obama’s America.” - Rush Limbaugh

"If any race of people should not have guilt about slavery, it's Caucasians. The white race has probably had fewer slaves and for a briefer period of time than any other in the history of the world ... And yet white guilt is still one of the dominating factors in American politics. It's exploited, it's played upon, it is promoted, used, and it's unnecessary. - Rush Limbaugh

Feminism was established so as to allow unattractive women access to the mainstream of society." - Rush Limbaugh

"Women should not be allowed on juries where the accused is a stud." - Rush Limbaugh

"Women still live longer than men because their lives are easier." - Rush Limbaugh

I'm a huge supporter of women. What I'm not is a supporter of liberalism. Feminism is what I oppose, and feminism has led women astray. I love women. I don't know where all this got started. I love the women's movement, especially when walking behind it." - Rush Limbaugh

"When a gay person turns his back on you, it is anything but an insult; it's an invitation." - Rush Limbaugh

On Sandra Fluke, a Georgetown law student who testified before Congress about the importance of health insurance covering birth control: "What does it say about the college co-ed Susan Fluke who goes before a congressional committee and essentially says that she must be paid to have sex — what does that make her? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute." - Rush Limbaugh

On the dangers of secondhand smoking, and smoking in general: "That is a myth. That has been disproven at the World Health Organization and the report was suppressed. There is no fatality whatsoever. There's no even major sickness component associated with secondhand smoke. It may irritate you, and you may not like it, but it will not make you sick, and it will not kill you...Firsthand smoke takes 50 years to kill people, if it does. Not everybody that smokes gets cancer. Now, it's true that everybody who smokes dies, but so does everyone who eats carrots ... I would like a medal for smoking cigars, is what I'm saying." - Rush Limbaugh

SMH

19-Feb-21
Don't Doubt Me.......Rush Limbaugh }------>

19-Feb-21
I agree with those quotes.KMA

19-Feb-21
4 nolz X2

19-Feb-21
Yes Timberpoodle Trump is an American hero and a good man. Your pathetic list not withstanding. Second I guarantee you cut and pasted that nonsense from some Leftwing website and that you never actually heard him say those things. If so please list the date and time and with the entire discussion with all the context. It’s obvious you have a dislike for Rush and someone could list 1000 different things Rush allegedly said knowing they were outrageous lies because they know people like you will swallow it hook line and sinker without any due diligence. You’re nothing more than a rumor monger

20-Feb-21
Guess it's true. Leftists have no, nada.... zero sense of humor. Rush was no politician. He never ran for any office. He stated nearly EVERY DAY he was an entertainer. And in fact that was the source of his success. He was entertaining. He was funny. He was edgy. Even had radio "skits" like a person would see on SNL. Any boring body can drone on about their politics and ideology for hours.... but quickly find nobody listening. Ask the clowns that started that disaster called Air America.....

Want to compare Rush quotes/humor with Dave Chappelle, or dozens of others, entire shows like SNL or the late night show morons? If one weren't a hypocrite they should be calling them out too. Or can people no longer see for the skirts over their heads and panties so wadded the knots will never come out....

Folks take things out of context and meaning or take them far too seriously. Like MEMEs of dogs getting medals, feel the need to tell everyone it wasn't real. Ya think? wow. They literally were the few who didn't get it. When you talk for 3 hours every day for DECADES..... likely gonna say something you prolly shouldn't have. Stuff happens. Grow up. Get over it.

I can't imagine any leftist was happy with him. He called them out for what they were, and what they were doing..... that which they said they weren't doing, wink wink. He made citizens aware of people like Ayers, Alinsky, Soros. People who really did plant bombs at the Capitol (1971) (in comparison to people wearing buffalo hats...) the Pentagon (1972) police departments, bombs that killed people. Links with those very people and prominent politicians like Obama, who started his career in Bomber Ayers very living room. But, you know, history started yesterday....

He outed people who worked behind the scenes pulling the strings of the left, laying a socialist/communist/anarchist path for them to follow. I'm sure leftists hated him for literally exposing them and what they were doing, what and how they planned things. The regular media would not.... will not. Seeing it all right now.... it's pretty clear they are in on it, a part of it. Lies. Fake News. We just witnessed four years of proven lies, knowing lies. And no remorse, no values or standards.... no apologies, no shame when called out on them. Leftist Sociopaths.

Not many people on earth that can say they REALLY made a difference in the world. Rush was inarguably one of them, flawed as all men are. If you hated who he was and what he did for the country..... maybe go cry to someone who cares, because I really don't care in the least what you think about him.... thanks and have a nice life. But like most leftists.... they sure seem to care what we think.... working on "education camps" for it even.....

20-Feb-21
If there was a like button I'd like Rocky D's post. That's my experience as a combat veteran also.

20-Feb-21
Re. TD "He stated nearly EVERY DAY he was an entertainer. "

Tom,what's troubling is that people get their information and views and logic from ANY 'entertainer'. Because entertainment, and especially comedy, absolutely depends on *skewed* logic. I found RL a heckuva a lot less 'entertaining' than, say George Carlin or Chris Rock. Which is not to say that I agree with much of what they said, either. They make me laugh, but my political thinking comes from elsewhere than my funny bone.

20-Feb-21
I listened to Rush for over 20 years, starting before he had a national show. I knew he was an entertainer and commentator, not a politician. I was on the road a lot back then and couldn't wait every day for him to come on. I admire how he found his niche and built an empire or cult around it. I was a listener when he had calls with Mark Levin, eventually leading to Levin's national acceptance. I listened to Hannity after Rush and Beck before Rush. I was a total dittohead.

Over the years I noticed a shift in Hannity and Beck to a very far right position trying to get closer to Rush. In time, because of some other life's experiences, I began to see how he distorted things, how he misrepresented things and how he pulled items out of context or applied his own context to them. Finally I couldn't take any more and stopped listening to all of them, just occasionally checking in from time to time.

It's obvious from the comments here many of you think Rush was close to the second coming. After over thirty years of his public presence I have an entirely different view of him. I realize that he was more divisive than uniting. He pitted one against the other. He was accomplished at taking away the ability for people to think on their own and turned them into the sheep he always criticized those on the left for being. People wold constantly repeat what he said, using it as their basis for forming opinion.

I'm sorry to see him die but not sorry at all he is no longer on the national scene. Unfortunately he created a list of others that will tap into the market he created.

20-Feb-21
Interesting perspective Phil. Care to share your take on some of the more popular "entertainers and commentators)" on the left applying the same standards?

Rush was Rush, unique in his ability to inspire strong feelings and spirited debate. RIP

20-Feb-21
rush limbaugh understood that to the left, unity meant only one thing, capitulation to their beliefs. he was right. unity for the sake of unity or going along for the sake of getting along will be the downfall of this country. the founding fathers understood this and so did rush.

20-Feb-21
Ace, there are more than a few on the left that I don't care for (there are none on the left that I listened to as long as I listened to Rush or that I am aware of that built the following Rush had) but let's keep this discussion about Rush.

20-Feb-21
Rush was like all other conservatives. He was tired of the dumbness demonstrated by liberal America.

The constant calls of unity, charges of division, race relations, etc... is a ploy. A ploy to subject independent people to submission. It’s a “Do your part” to fall inline as sheep argument.

Somewhere along the line it became normal cause to alienate white men that call things what they are. Let’s be honest, government legislation has done more to divide people along racial equality then anything. It results in that division. Because human nature applies to all races and people equally.

Pointing that out isn’t racist, prejudice, or divisive. It’s just pointing it out. Pointing out hypocrisy if those denying that isn’t any of that either. It’s just pointing out the truth.

If your mental capacities have not the ability to see that, acknowledge if you do, or understand that reality, then you are the problem.

The truth has lost to emotion.

20-Feb-21
I liked Rush, I like Trump. I’ve heard people all my life say “ I’d like to see a political leader speak plainly like the rest of us”. Well we elected a president who did and those same people pissed and moaned about it.

I’m just a peckerwood that lives in the woods with guns, bows, fishing gear and dogs. I’m so far right, I make Rush look liberal. I wasn’t always this far right, I was driven here by the liberal, communist trying to destroy the constitution and take my rights. I don’t know what’s ahead but I can tell you I will never back down. If you want unity, read the Constitution, it gave us unity from the beginning. I will say if Biden died today, tomorrow I would not be on here trashing him. And trust me, no one despises him more than I. I would look him in the eye and tell him exactly what I thought of him as I would any man but will not lower myself to speak ill of him after he passes. That is despicable.

Yes I liked Rush. So to those who think it acceptable to trash talk a dead man, I can say nothing. You have already shown more of your character than I could put into words.

God bless America and those who love it.

20-Feb-21
Anyone who calls another person a racist just because they don't like their politics is a POS as far as I'm concerned. There are few things lower than that when discussing a mans character.

It is heartening to see so many good people say good things about a successful human being. The three of you who took the time to tear him down after he died? Sad.

20-Feb-21
Phil hinted at one of the key elements of Rush's popularity, he was an entertainer above all else, and he was often "shocking" to nudge people out of their complacency and get them to consider what going along to get along will result in. RIP

20-Feb-21
Why is it that people dislike Rush and others because they aren't bringing people together? Rush wasn't shy about his view point and no, he didn't want to get along. There are view points that he totally disagreed with others on and he wasn't shy about expressing his views, what the hell is wrong with that? Giving in to being liked or to get along is BS , you fight for what you believe in and you don't give in. Rush was part entertainer, part commentator and 100 percent Patriot, period. He would not give in to the left because he whole heartedly disagreed with the them on everything. The only time you hear people talk about unity is when a certain party is in power, from 2016-2021 you never heard the word unity , pretty funny.

20-Feb-21
So who is a unifier Phil? Do you have someone in mind.

20-Feb-21
"Why is it that people dislike Rush and others because they aren't bringing people together?"

LB - because those people can't stand those that think differently from themselves, or can't understand that it is possible to think for oneself and still espouse the same views as another (Rush).

There are those that claim that Rush built a "cult" or that many of us "think Rush was close to the second coming". Apparently the prospect of others thinking for themselves in a manner that differs from their own social justice, nanny-state beliefs is unbearable.

20-Feb-21
“ I'm sorry to see him die but not sorry at all he is no longer on the national scene. Unfortunately he created a list of others that will tap into the market he created.”

Wow!!! Just wow Phil!!! What happened to you? There is no love or compassion in your words! Rush was nothing like you portrayed!

20-Feb-21
"Why is it that people dislike Rush and others because they aren't bringing people together?"

because for some people, unity only means one thing...agreeing with the left. anything else is divisive. the people who are constantly preaching tolerance are the most intolerant of all. rush knew this and refused to play that game.

20-Feb-21
Not at all that unlike all those who are constantly espousing the "big tent" principle on here. My experience is that big tents equate to the Circus.

20-Feb-21

Jackaroo's embedded Photo
Jackaroo's embedded Photo
The media wants you to focus on the Rush said mean things that hurt peoples feelings tropes, the Lol insurrection , the Conservatives are white nationalist terrorists and should be bombed stories. While their leaders do this.

20-Feb-21
r.i.p. rush

funny, even in his death he's able to show the left for what they are....they made his job too easy :)

21-Feb-21
Hs anyone else noticed that a major recurring theme here is "THEY won't compromise" "THEY are intolerant" "THEY..."

But of course each and every one of you came to those conclusions independently. hmmm...

21-Feb-21
Rocky, there are a lot of couples in 'open' relationships. Not my cuppa tea but they have 'negotiated' something that works for them. That only works if _both_ sides are willing to give-and-take.

PS You picked an extreme case there, but the principles of asking for, listening and negotiating still apply ;-)

PPS a LOT of Rush fans here seem bent on bashing the very idea of 'compromise', whether or not it's possible or appropriate. Was it so long ago that Tip O'neill and Pres. Reagan could sit down and dicker over the price of eggs?

21-Feb-21
Dana, compromise inly seems to come up when one side wants smethingmormis in power. I didn't see any compromise the past four years. The American people crushed by the virus and a certain leader admitted to not passing a stimulus because she didn't want the president to have a win before the election. No, compromise, you fight for what you believ in and win the numbers to get where you want to go. You must be glad America rejoined the Paris climate accord, W.H.O amd going to sit with the Iranians to figure out how they can screw us again. The old saying remains true, history repeats itself, this time I have a feeling Joe is going to give them 200 billion.

21-Feb-21
"You must be glad America rejoined the Paris climate accord, W.H.O and going to sit with the Iranians to figure out how they can screw us again. "

Another thing I notice, Rush fans are always in a hurry to categorize and label and generalize and assume they know all about a person who doesn't march in lockstep with them. Now where did they learn that? ;-)

21-Feb-21
Rush had a unique gift to see into and thru the liberal mind. They Left really thought he was given insider info from mole in the DNC.

Early in Rush's career i did not hear him as the Left coast would not carry him. We had Medved out there. Not until the FCC got rid of the fairness Doct. I first heard of him spoken by Neil B. I spent of bunch of time in those days where we could not get him on radio. In Mid 90's when the Tele Act let radio syndicate i worked on the east coast and for many years and listened and heard Rush and G Gordon Liddy. Great listening!

Rush was a national voice for the working man and women of the USA from a small town. Had a great intellect but attended no big University, a black mark the Left could not understand and gave him no credit in those days. A giving man who was loved by millions of Americans. I guy who made who gave the AM band new life from a certain burial. I was very happy to see Neil Boortz mention this fact when reflecting on Rush after his death.

It is very interesting to see the overwhelming support for him here. It is also very curious to see the absence of our very vocal little fella from the other side here on this thread. It is also very interesting to see the vitriolic comments of our moderator upon this mans passing. I find it very telling and filled tone deafness of a kind that Rush often reflected upon.

You will not soon be forgotten. RIP

21-Feb-21
It always gets changed and flopped around by liberals. Conservative principles are the definition of compromise and freedoms. We all believe that you should do as you see fit. Just leave me the same in return.

That’s not nor has been acceptable by the left for a long time. And, the inching back of freedoms is something most conservatives are no longer willing to do.

It’s ok to give up your 30 round mags. It’s ok to give up your Christian heritage in school while we allow religions their due. It’s ok for you to be taxed so the government can use it to kill unborn babies. It’s ok for you not to be able to own a handgun as long as it makes me feel better. It’s ok for you to allow men in the bathroom with your wife and daughter. It’s ok ..... The list of compromise is endless. It’s at a stop and fight it or we no longer have representation point.

But, liberals aren’t happy with what they’ve gained. They still act as if they are being alienated for their beliefs. They aren’t interested in compromise with those that disagree. They are only interested in compromise that leads to their determined path.

That’s reality. That’s why People like Rush made no bones about his feelings. And, that’s why so many people agreed with him. You can talk compromise all day long. But, nothing the left offers is a compromise. It’s an ultimatum.

21-Feb-21
I believe in the first amendment, that is compromise. But why should I compromise my political, religious or social beliefs to suit someone else. It is your right to publicly speak as you please. To show disrespect, lack of self respect, your own failure to compromise.

So, once again, bless your little heart.

21-Feb-21
Rush talked openly of when the Woke would hit Woketopia in the USA. Simple answer, never. Then, the rollover starts to take effect. The new great wakening. Much of what we are seeing start in California. Left can only take even the Liberal mass so far. After all we are talking about Americans.

Like the simple fact of the woke hit the reality of what is viable. Case in point, the Great Texas Freeze. Where the Green Subsidies met reality of what is viable. Making biological boys compete against girls in the 200m does not keep the power on or wind and solar power on when its froze up. Rush spoke of the these temporary subsidies that just keep getting renewed over and over in congress. The utter sham of the Green to actually tell the woke the lies of how Carbon Neutral these windmills are. These these are carbon monstrosities from production to destruction only slightly less in first half of life cycle than a Boeing727.

Who will be the next Neil Boortz or Rush or Flea (M Levin). As sure as i sit here there will be another Great American. Rush enjoy that cigar and that big tumbler of small batch looking down on us. We will miss you but your lessons will remain forever.

deek

21-Feb-21
I really miss Neil Boortz. My fav talk radio host of all time!

21-Feb-21
Rush is my all time favorite. Neil was pretty high on that list as well.

21-Feb-21
Freedom, limited government, personal accountability, charity, peace through strength, equal treatment under the law and American exceptionalism because of what our founding principles allow people to accomplish. Its a pretty simple idea at its core and Rush was talented at explaining it, defending it and promoting it.

It was what I was taught by my folks and actually in school in rural upstate NY and semi-rural Colorado.

22-Feb-21
As Rush would say "correct-a-mundo".

Flea Levin had a very nice Tribute with Sean H this weekend.

22-Feb-21
"this time I have a feeling Joe is going to give them 200 billion. "

LOL! well ya know..... the Big Guy has to gets his 10%........

Flippin' people are either blind or insane.....

This Topic has been locked. Thank you.

• Sitka Gear