JayG@work 11-Mar-21
Ambush 11-Mar-21
Missouribreaks 11-Mar-21
07-Mar-21

Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
New community standards
Pat Lefemine's embedded Photo
New community standards
My son just sent this to me. Apparently a coyote calling group has been terminated due to the new “community standards” that no longer allows dead animal pics or body parts?

We may be getting a lot more hunters back from Facebook.

I still need to verify this but if it’s true I won’t be a bit surprised. Hunters sharing on social media are on borrowed time.

07-Mar-21
I do not find this surprising.

07-Mar-21
Not surprised at all. Saw it coming. YouTube will be doing the same I’m sure.....

07-Mar-21
What is facebook lol

07-Mar-21
I’m actually surprised it lasted this long,

07-Mar-21
It's true. I have a friend who is a guide in Florida. He had his page deleted because one of his alligator pics violated their "standards".

07-Mar-21
This may turn out to be a good thing.

Matt

07-Mar-21
they gave me a hard time several years ago for posting a pic of a firearm and that's when i got rid of facebook.

07-Mar-21
another win for the antis and cancel culture. they came for Merelize van der Merwe...they came for the coyote hunters...and they will come for YOU. wake up.

07-Mar-21
Not unexpected. They banned selling guns, puppies, and cute little kittens quite some time ago.

07-Mar-21
I'm still seeing new pictures of dead critters on there.

07-Mar-21
We need someone smart with the tech savvy to launch a better social media platform as an alternative to FB, YT, Twitter.

Let's see...who do we know who could pull that off?

07-Mar-21
The only way this crap will stop is to STOP USING FACEBOOK!

Yes, they are part of the all powerful leftist elite, but they still understand one thing above all else.......MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Hit 'em in the wallet, that's the 10 ring. And the way things are going with rigged elections, book bans, speech bans, and the upcoming assault on the 2A, our money is the only weapon we may have left.

07-Mar-21
No hunting allowed = no license sales = no money for conservation including wardens = sneak out back with a silent bow, kill a deer, bring it home, and eat it. Look at the bright side.

07-Mar-21
What rick said. I do not understand why people use the thing at all.

Let them keep banning. It will encourage alternatives for those that continue the need for others to give them a thumbs up.

07-Mar-21
I don't think it's about need Rick. The entire cancel culture thing wants to eliminate constitutional rights under the rubric of capitalism. "They own it so they get to say what's on it".

07-Mar-21
Ya funny saying facebooger is banning dead critters. Who do you think they will come for after booger has banned everything. Unless Pat runs his very own internet without any outside hosting service of any kind then bowsite will be a target in the future. Ok I'm out, I have to go and build me a new tinfoil hat.

07-Mar-21
Why do you feel the need to hunt Rick? I mean, if we are going to cast stones at others for things they like to do, the others wont be there to stand up for you when stones are cast at you for what you like to do. Is posting a picture of you and your kids with an animal you harvested for your friends, family and other likeminded people a truly terrible thing? Is it that bad? And ur gonna go along with the banning of it? Because as soon as thats gone, they are free to come after the thing that you like to do....

Ive never had any type of social media but my wife does and if this is actually true i have asked her to lose Facebook.

07-Mar-21
Maybe it will be a good thing. People can start to enjoy the woods again rather than worrying about if they have enough signal to upload a pic of an animal they just shot.

07-Mar-21
My dead critter pics are still up. Pretty sure zurkerberg is hunting and killing things. Maybe mine just slipped through the cracks, but I doubt it. I doubt the news is real.

07-Mar-21
Never Facebooked. Never will. Don’t know why anyone would want to post there unless your a flaming lib?

07-Mar-21
Well if its true they haven't yet started the ban. Im seeing dead critters everywhere.

07-Mar-21
Just curious, did anyone actually READ the 'community standards'? Asking because the OP is a screenshot of an *opinion* about how the standards were applied, with no link TO those standards. Also, we have no idea WHAT exactly was posted that caused the incident.

Sounds like 'manufactured outrage'...

07-Mar-21
I believe I read Zuckerberg is a Hunter. Either way by years end good bye 1st and 2nd amendment. Sleepy Joe is about to sign an executive order allowing felons in prison to vote. I guess that is more important then I don’t know jobs just off the top of my head.

07-Mar-21
I don't think they've banned hunting pictures. Just pictures that show guts and/or brains hanging out, internal organs, animals on fire, and so forth.

Facebook Community Standards

07-Mar-21
They will bow to their anti hunting pressure. It won’t happen overnight, but it is happening. Book it! Anyone who thinks any different is naive and should go join the Sierra Club and the BHA. They prey on naivety .......

07-Mar-21
Who cares? You should care more about what they are doing with your data. Same with Twitter , Google . I have no sympathy when someone goes to a hanging ,climbs up on a horse and puts the noose around their neck and then thinks it time to negotiate.

07-Mar-21
Dead animals hmmmmmm --- so will that include a pic of someones burger laying on their plate, chicken sandwich, tuna casserole, BBQ grill with meat cooking,,,? How far will it go ....... add for Kentucky Fried Chicken, etc., etc.?

Pic of a bar or restaurant with a mount in the background.

07-Mar-21
They removed some great mounts in Whataburger several years ago because it was “offensive”

07-Mar-21
FB is a private company, if they want to stifle free speech, so be it. Move on. Who cares? Anyone remember the media before FB? Nope, easy come......

07-Mar-21
I am not on Facebook or a fan but with that said this seems reasonable. From link above.

“ Videos depicting humans killing animals if there is no explicit manufacturing, hunting, or food consumption, processing or preparation context Imagery of animal to animal fights, when there are visible innards or dismemberment of non-regenerating body, unless in the wild Imagery of humans committing acts of torture or abuse against live animals Imagery of animals showing wounds or cuts that render visible innards or dismemberment, if there is no explicit manufacturing, hunting, taxidermy, medical treatment, rescue or food consumption, preparation or processing context or the animal is already skinned or with its outer layer fully removed.”

07-Mar-21
Makes no difference to me, I never posted dead animals on Facebook. I wonder if the policy, if true, will actually help our cause? It will not be detrimental.

07-Mar-21
I could care less.

07-Mar-21
Screw Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube & all the other platforms that have too much control of our lives.

07-Mar-21
Hell, I posted a deer decoy a year ago on FB Marketplace, and it got bumped even though it didn't fit any of the prohibited categories. Guess I should have called it a deer "lawn statue".

07-Mar-21
Why good Americans continue to use, and thus support FB amazes me.

07-Mar-21
Facebook owns Instagram

07-Mar-21
Lots of things seem to be on "Borrowed Time" these days! It's a sad time for the "Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave"

07-Mar-21
There are dead animal pics all over the hunting group pages on there. Fake news.

07-Mar-21
so woke, yet doomed to repeat bad things in history

sooooo historic, herstoric, and the other 70+ 'storics

07-Mar-21
Umm...Facebook has been a publicly traded company on the NASDAQ since 2012.

Matt

07-Mar-21
Grey Ghost, 'publicly traded' does *not* mean 'owned by 'the general public'. It means that anyone can buy shares.

07-Mar-21
Facebook makes a lot of money from hunting pics so I doubt they will ban it. I can spend just $100 on an ad with a dead animal in it and 15,000 people from a targeted audience of hunters over a certain age and over a certain income level in specific regions of the country will see it. It’s a powerful advertising tool. Many outfitters use just it and Instagram as their sole business promotion. I just did an ad this week and it was promoted by Facebook, certainly not banned.

I think the ban above was probably more directed at it being a coyote calling group where they think it’s just killing for fun, or pics that were too graphic? Facebook did say they were going to start targeting private “hate”groups, maybe they lump this in?

I of course also advertise on my favorite social media, BOWSITE!!

07-Mar-21
Dana,

Gee thanks, I wasn’t aware. LOL. It was stated twice that FB was a private company, which is false.

Matt

07-Mar-21
I just posted a picture on the Bowsite that I got from Facebook with a bunch of dead geese. I know hunting parties that put dead animals on Facebook all the time.

07-Mar-21
I use FB to keep up with my immediate and extended family and of course close friends. Having said that I have decided to ban Fakebook. They can rot in Hell. 21 year old BetaMales and 21 year old Feminazis telling me what the “Community Standard” is. Some cross dressing nut jobs isn’t going to dictate to me.

07-Mar-21
facebook is a private entity

07-Mar-21
I got off of Facebook a couple years ago and I am glad that I did.

07-Mar-21
Rupe tell us how you really feel. Lol

07-Mar-21
"Grey Ghost, 'publicly traded' does *not* mean 'owned by 'the general public'. It means that anyone can buy shares."

It does mean that it is not owned by a private company, which I believe was the point.

07-Mar-21
Never got past the mentality that Facebook was just a sight for bored soccer moms trolling for...

Never used it. Glad I never did.

07-Mar-21
Facebook can decide whats on their platform. It's their platform. It's not like they refused to bake a cake for same sex wedding. That would be a totally different story...wait...

07-Mar-21
I would bet a higher percentage of post are removed from bowsite that Facebook. For example every time I mention CO’s governor is light in his loafer it gets censored.

07-Mar-21
Don’t believe that is entirely true. Check out nose to the ground Alabama group and Alabama blood trackers group. Valuable use of fb to put hunters and trackers together

07-Mar-21
Censorship is wrong. Scrappy is right, Bowsite could be next. ie: Parler, Servers shut down etc. When those in charge do not agree with you. Cancel Culture

07-Mar-21
Parler is back online now and a lot of stuff is showing up there that would be banned on Twitter and Facebook.

08-Mar-21
I have some hunting photos on Facebook

08-Mar-21
I have been posting hunted animals on my facebook page without any issues....

08-Mar-21
I have killed LOOOOTS of stuff...but with that said I have seen some trapping videos and you can see the rut the coyote has worn trying to get free and the guys are playing with the camera joking around while this terrified and injured animal try's to get free. I hate it and it is GOOOLD for anti hunters and trappers... We have a responsibility to post tasteful photos and have a responsibility,,, its the "fence sitters" that will decide the future of hunting

08-Mar-21
I've never been on FB nor ever had an account.

Good luck, Robb

08-Mar-21
Thank goodness I’m not a slave to Facebook. I know many are because of business etc. something I never had interest in.

08-Mar-21
Sad times we live in. News media is behind the anti-hunting groups also giving them free campaign. You should read/watch how the new is portraying the recent wolf hunt here in WI, it's a joke. I believe we need to back organizations like the one who came to WI to sue our own DNR because they were not going to do the wolf hunt. We need to push back, this "aww, they will never take hunting away" attitude will not fly anymore. Facebook? don't go on it, but it does show how the city people want to tell the rural people how they are going to live. It angers me to no end, people trying to stop me from being a human being.

08-Mar-21
If that one cake shop IS FORCED to make a wedding cake for a same-sex couple , then FaceBook HAS TO show hunting pics, fair is fair...

08-Mar-21
Not surprising in this ridiculously sissy western world.

I live in a hunting society, but the people are very social so everybody except me has a smartphone and is on facebook.

Pictures of dead animals over here is like showing your friends your grocery cart.

I'm wondering if the ban is "across the board" or if there are regional differences.

08-Mar-21
Posted my 2020 archery buck yesterday. Still up. I am a member of two groups on there that show a ton of dead critters. So far, nothing has been yanked.

08-Mar-21
Q must have said FB was banning hunting pics, fake news again.

08-Mar-21
Like it or not hunters are a minority and must be engaging and portray ourselves in a positive light with the majority of the population, there is no other option. Sure you can turn your back or put your head in the sand but if lots of tactful hunters do not engage on social media then the dumbasses that submit untactful pics and posts will dictate the future. Whether you like social media or not it is imperative for anyone that gives a darn about hunting to be engaged on platforms that house the majority of the the population, these platforms are the battleground not your little circle or bubble.

08-Mar-21
Everyone just get the heck off Facebook and to Parler!!!!!!!!! That will be the best way to hurt em!

08-Mar-21
Facebook? Never heard of her

08-Mar-21
New dead critter pics showing up on my feed from various pages daily. Likely taken out of/missing context.

08-Mar-21
Let’s use some common business sense here- if FB banned picture of dead animals they would lose tons of money from hunting and fishing outfitters worldwide. Ain’t Happening !!

08-Mar-21
Yeah well censorship is happening. My business sense tells me I’ll take my time and money elsewhere. If you want to advertise to me, you’ll have to find another avenue

08-Mar-21
I got the Parler App a few months before it was shut down. It still doesn't work. Am I missing something?

08-Mar-21
Parler doesn't have an app anymore. Only a URL. All 12 people on there get to it through a search engine.

08-Mar-21
Let’s use some common business sense here- if FB banned picture of dead animals they would lose tons of money from hunting and fishing outfitters worldwide. Ain’t Happening !!

09-Mar-21
Greg, how much business did Twitter lose by banning trump And pissing off conservatives? Do you think ad revenue generated by hunters is even 1%? This ideology that drives FB and Twitter doesn’t give a damn about hunters or even half the country.

09-Mar-21
This is a fake message like everything on facebook. People post on facebook that they are banned on facebook. If you believe anything from facebook the tooth fairy wont come to your house.

09-Mar-21

Whocares's embedded Photo
Whocares's embedded Photo
This guy was just telling me the other day the tooth fairy ain't been to his place in years.

09-Mar-21
" If you believe anything from facebook..."

Facebook is SOCIAL media, not NEWS media. I 'believe' when one of my friends announces that they're going fishing, or the grandchild was a girl, or they liked the latest Spiderman movie. But I have friends who love sharing articles about the latest 'miracle cure' worked by some bullshite snake oil, and that 'news' I just ignore.

"Swami Pranesh McGillicuddy says 'drinking cider vinegar cures cancer!' "

(Sad to say, some of these rubes are relatives ;-) )

09-Mar-21
"Facebook is SOCIAL media, not NEWS media."

accuracy of news media isnt much better. they are both agenda driven propaganda outlets.

09-Mar-21
Pat, I think you are correct- hunters being a small majority, really doesn't generate that much revenue. Great (but sad) reminder.

10-Mar-21
" This ideology that drives FB and Twitter doesn’t give a damn about hunters or even half the country"

Maybe so, but I think we have pretty much decided that your original post is fake news. I don't get on FB much any more, but browsed a bit after your post and I too saw plenty of hunting photos and hunting ads

10-Mar-21
Pat,

All of ours are still there. What’s up? This is not like you.

10-Mar-21
Re-read my post. I made it very clear that I was reporting what was sent to me and that I had not verified it. A coyote hunting group was shut down due to a violation of Facebook’s new community standards. Other hunting groups are experiencing the same. It may not be an outright ban yet but it’s just a matter of time.

If you believe the Facebook moderators are going to leave hunters alone then believe your fantasy. I’m sure plenty of people a year ago could never imagine that a social media platform would ban a duly elected president of the United States either - and then collude to silence an entire conservative platform.

Understand that every time you visit, post or engage with Facebook you make them more powerful. Ask yourself if that is a good thing for hunters, pro 2nd amendment advocates, and conservatives?

10-Mar-21
^^^^^ Exactly this

10-Mar-21
Never had a FB account, and never will. If I want to keep in touch with friends and family, I call them, or write them a private note, and they do the same.

Matt

10-Mar-21
I love guys acting like they are old school because they don't have facebook while writing on a social media forum. Pretty ironic. All these sites are sounding boards. Nothing wrong with sharing ideas and stories which is not all that different from this site. My facebook is nothing but hunting, fishing and smoked meats. If that makes me "a flaming liberal" then spank my ass and call me Nancy.

10-Mar-21
Hi Nancy. ;-)

Matt

10-Mar-21
Nobody cares if you are a flaming liberal. There are many hunters who support anti hunting, quite ironic.

10-Mar-21
And when facebook is dead and gone people will find something else. Many of you are kidding yourselves if you think bowsite is nothing like facebook. I definitely see hunting pics and groups coming to an end which is a shame in my opinion. By the way, everybody is calling me Nancy but here I stand........none of you have spanked my ass. Disappointed nobody fell for the trick. Sincerely, Nancy

10-Mar-21
Comparing Bowsite to Facebook just shows your ignorance!

10-Mar-21
Some, of the FB anti folks are the same ones sitting at home concerned with the gender of a plastic potato.

10-Mar-21
If Bowsite was elbow deep in your personal info, tracking YOU.... what you search, who you are connected with, your interests, politics and much much more.... selling it (you) to hi-tech monsters that couldn't care less about you, your life or your country for that matter.... I'd be off Bowsite as well.

These companies could care less about the country or what is good for it. They aren't "American" companies. They are "Global" companies or rather countries onto themselves. They chase dominance, control and power, the money was accomplished some time ago, stashed and protected, enough for many lifetimes. They've moved on from just making money. On to bigger things. For your own good of course.....

I don't do FB but even I know they have different treatment for different "levels" of memberships. Your hunting pics on your private page gets maybe 10 views... maybe a 100 views..... they're not going to care. You're public, a group maybe and get 100,000 views, you are on their radar. They ban "groups" and what they call "public" sites all the time. They have pages of rules they can draw on any time they want, they DO selectively enforce them against whoever they feel like for whatever reason they feel like. There is no equal playing field. And very well could have banned that yote hunting group for whatever reason they feel like, have any of you tried to find it, access it? No? Then how do you know it's "fake news"? Because you don't WANT to believe it? Who is it with the confirmational bias now?

Stephen Crowder and many many others, banned. Crowder is actually in the process of suing them (he researched and was showing empty lots, pages of false addresses which voters claimed as addresses in NV..... but never claimed they "changed the election" as they say is not allowed. Crowder has a long history of FB, YT etc bans followed by court victories and reinstatement. Bill, his half-Asian lawyer is pretty good and kept pretty busy....... and has a pretty good win/loss record.

Defend FB all you want. They are as evil as Twitter and most all the elitist giant tech. At one point they were fine with pretty much anything and everything while growing. Now they have the money they want and are going at shaping the free world into their world, political influence, power. For your own good of course.....

Just look at what's been going on all around you this last year..... blatant knowing lies, hypocrisy so deep you need hip boots..... it's been made obviously, painfully clear. They are all tied in together as the Parler issue has shown. Politicians take no action on our behalf, being either bought and paid for or frozen in fear.... we are caught between Scoundrels and Cowards.

The whole incestuous bunch from Big Media to Giant Tech, corrupt Politicians.... If not for double standards.... they'd have no standards at all.....

10-Mar-21
Drnaln If we are talking about private info and data then you are correct, we can't compare bowsite and fb. The conversation was about a bragging board. In that sense, bowsite and fb are very much the same. You want to talk about data? Tell me if you own a cell phone. Ever use amazon, online banking, a search engine? Thinking you are secure because you don't use facebook is ignorant (overused word). It's the same story with many people on this page. It's ok to do things because I do them but it's not ok for you to do something because I don't. The hostility on this page seems a lot like facebook. That I can attest too. I'm not a huge facebook user because of that so I'm not defending it but really........you don't see any comparison to an online forum and facebook. One could argue sites like this bred facebook. I think Crowder would say......Change my mind. Actually don't. Just like facebook, that is impossible on this site. I'm still waiting for that spank even though I'm sure a few of you would rather slap me.

Good day, Ignorant Nancy

10-Mar-21
Big Eight,

You make a lot of sense to some of us. I have grown tired and weary of the conspiracy behind every door. People are the same now they always have been, they just have different tools to act out their plans with.

I take reasonable precautions, but I am busy living a life which fortunately is interesting enough to keep me busy most of the time. Positivity works for me, but then maybe being a nobody is why I am left mostly alone? I am fine with that!

Maybe Pat is just priming us for the future CF with this thread?

10-Mar-21
i agree with you BigEight. people who think that bs and fb have nothing in common are naïve. we are the product on both.

10-Mar-21
FB has the same right to ban groups as Pat does to ban the TBM's of the BS world.

I see no point to this thread...

10-Mar-21
Big Eight... if you don't care, you don't care. You are free (for now) and welcome to use any vendor or social site you wish. Many of us would like to move to other platforms and give our business to other entities. That's what I'm seeing here, not hostility. Folks don't like what these companies are doing nor agreeing with their invasive and hypocritical philosophies. So we look to move to others to lend our support. Fair enough... right?

Nope. Apparently not. When alternatives become viable, these in the cabal go into attack mode to destroy alternatives. Parler wasn't a problem.... until they started growing by MILLIONS of people a day as they were visibly and vocally leaving Twitter. Then the cabal.... Twitter, FB, Apple, Google, Amazon, et al all conspired to have them literally shut down. Canceled I think it's called. Parler has no "app" because Apple and Google removed access. Amazon (who own the majority of the world web services and near half their partner companies in China) pulled their servers. Word is the only servers Parler could find were offshore..... no American based company would talk to them for either fear.... or common intent.

Imagine that. Americans having to go to other countries to exercise their 1st amendment freedom of speech. Just one of many rights these companies see as obstacles to their control. Leftists see freedom as the right to choose whatever you wish..... just as long as it's from this list we have provided for you to choose from.....

When there is a problem it is said you can be either part of the solution..... or part of the problem. Willingly blind to the problem is to be part of it. Also pretty obvious some folks being the problem when they think the problem is a good thing.

But..... for now there is still that freedom to see it as you wish or to not see anything at all. Apathy.... as well as the defense of apathy.... is still of free will. Well, until they come for you and it's no longer somebody ELSE'S problem.....

10-Mar-21

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

10-Mar-21
This is really interesting because I'm on a whole bunch of different competition shooting Facebook groups and some of them are getting banned and some are not and they're basically the exact same thing

I still have hunting and trapping photos up like crazy but I have had some taken down

10-Mar-21
The main problem facing hunting today are liberal dem voting hunters. They are the enemy of real hunters.

10-Mar-21
And Mr Missouribreaks for the WIN !!

10-Mar-21
It’s going to increase. I was a member of several shooting groups on Facebook. January the 23rd, two of them pooped into thin air. The guys who started the group were poofed too. Because they were friends.

I keep a page up for advertisement. I’m thinking I might just delete it all.

10-Mar-21
If Facebook ever turns against hunters, I’ll be glad to remind myself I never had an account .....never supported them .....and won’t miss what I never had or used.

10-Mar-21
WRT the difference between FB and BS..... if you think they are all the same you're doing what they want you to do and not thinking at all..... If I recall, broadcast TV and radio are both free as well. Have been from their inception. They are only "free" because they sell advertising. Ads and products are put before your eyes and ears. We ARE NOT THE PRODUCT in the sense that the product is the ad and the service is getting it in front of people. That is what money is being exchanged for.

If anyone equates that advertising business model with what FB and Google, etc. are doing, maybe the little detail being ignored is that they are currently collecting YOUR personal data, your contacts, your politics, sites you visit, buying habits, nearly everything you do especially WRT the cyber activity..... and selling YOUR personal information to 3rd parties. Not advertising, although they are doing that too. They are selling YOUR information. Selling YOU. You literally are then the product.

That's a huge difference and I'd have to guess most are unaware and many that do know don't care. But there are emerging sites and products that explicitly don't do that. DuckDuckGo is one that replaces google and doesn't track nor share search history or files. Parler is firing back up. Someone above mentioned another new alternative to FB, YT and others. (Where's Anony Mouse when you need him....) There are new start ups that advertise no ideological/political censorship and no file sharing, but it's a tough row to hoe. Tough but not impossible. Before FB there was MySpace, was big before FB, but now they are a music site, and not a very significant one at that. FB build a better mousetrap.... they cornered the cheese. But just look at what they are doing with it.

There are alternatives coming out. These monopolies can be marginalized with competition as other choices become available. But at this point in time they have to be sought out, they aren't going to come pre-loaded on your phone or laptop for the.... um, masses. Effort over apathy, if it's apathy that means you're just going to have to stay in the line you are told to stand in. Do what you are told to. Sit down, shut up and do what you are told. Or be canceled.

10-Mar-21
If what some of you are saying with regards to some groups being shut down, and others not, wonder if anything is going on in the back ground we are unaware of. Could our government be asking for these entities’ help in shutting down groups they believe may be connected to extremists in an attempt to disrupt their communications?

11-Mar-21
If you think it is just sites like FB monitoring you, then you are naive. If I search for something on my phone or personal laptop, an ad for that item or class of items pops up on my wife’s computer and phone.

And this has happened too many times to ignore: wife and I discuss something in person but within earshot of our phones, but no searches. Then an add for that item will pop up on our phone soon after. Big brother is here.

11-Mar-21
Yup; watch one jazz video on Youtube and it will recommend 30 more. And they're selling your 'taste' information. "Likes jazz, bow and arrows, cooking, reloading." That information allows advertisers to 'target' you with 'personalized' shopping suggestions.

What's strange to me is that people see deep dark plots in this. I ignored ads on TV for 50 years, I can do the same on the computer!

11-Mar-21
"We ARE NOT THE PRODUCT in the sense that the product is the ad and the service is getting it in front of people."

wrong. the members are the product being sold to the people placing the ad. access to the members is what the advertisers are paying for.

11-Mar-21
"access to the members is what the advertisers are paying for. "

If that's the price of having free-to-participate forums, okay.

I find that I actually prefer 'targeted advertising'. I'd rather see ads for fishing gear than, say 'feminine hygiene products.'

jmo, ymmv

11-Mar-21
im ok with it too but to say its any different isn't true.

11-Mar-21
None of it matters, it is here. You have choices, make them wisely.

11-Mar-21
Targeted advertising is not the point. The fact that you are not free to make your point is the point. That being said I’m sure liberals, progressives, socialists and marxists don’t have an issue with certain points of view being banned because these types of sites are entrenched with and push these globalist, elitist, cancel culture agendas......

11-Mar-21
"The fact that you are not free to make your point is the point."

not everyone is free to make their point here either. there is a set of rules that say what is allowed and what isnt. members are only allowed to make their points if they don't go against the bs guidelines. if you don't follow the guidelines, you will be booted. that's not a bad thing but at the end of the day, pat makes the rules on bs and zuckerburg makes the rules on fb. if you break those rules you will be banned.

11-Mar-21
The banning on FB is exactly why I deleted my profile and all that went with it. If you want freedom to post what you like, there ARE alternatives to having to bend over for the tech giants. GAB, MEWE, PARLER, Etc. That is where I go.

11-Mar-21
Yea I know Ricky the Cable Guy. My latest post on the vaccine thread was deleted. Probably by a liberal from the leather wall.........

11-Mar-21
Jay,

You and two other people go there? ;-)

I use FB, family and friends and a very limited amount in total. Have folks from both political perspectives, and I like discussing issues with folks who think like me as well as those that might help me see some finer details I overlooked. But that's just me. Mostly it is used to keep in touch and I can see quick updates without taking too much time. It is nice knowing friends and family are doing well, or otherwise, without having to constantly stay in touch. Personal style at play I guess.

I agree with Ricky on this one, even though we have satellite in our home. People gravitate to where they feel comfortable. CF did restrict input on occasion, and Pat has every right to. The other side can do the same, and we can all vote with our dollars. So far the majority seems to be voting for FB and other so called evils. Too bad society is so fragmented and dominated by binary thinking today. It is amazing how one side will label all hunters as cruel, and another side will take issue to anyone not agreeing with all their leader espouses. I hope one day we will look back on this and realize how ludicrous it all was, live and let live seems applicable the more I age.

Off for my daily walk with Buddy...going to toss on my red hat, it is just a red hat with no logos or words. Fits in well with the conservative community I live in though;-)

11-Mar-21
fb has about 2.5 billion active users. if they lost every single hunter in america they wouldnt even notice.

11-Mar-21
Habitat, yup, probably. For the most part. If I want to talk to my family, I can call them. I just don't agree with being censored, especially if what is being said is true. Sadly, talking about anything with Conservative principles is worthy of being shut down... So I won't go there... it's kind of like a sandwich that is made with only a little poop in it.. I don't want to nibble around the edges of it. I don't want anything to do with. Folks need to watch a couple documentaries, The Social Dilemma and The Creepy Line. It is truly frightening what the "Masters of the Universe " have on you and what they do with the information that people willingly give up on the social media sites.

11-Mar-21
I wrote a letter to the Editor in Chief of Canada's official public broadcaster, the CBC. It was in response to his op-ed concerning the revelation that 52% of Canadians believe that the CBC is actually purposely misleading Canadians with biased "reporting". In the letter, I may have coined a new phrase:

Systematic Leftism.

11-Mar-21
The left has captured the vote of some hunters right here on Bowsite. It is truly amazing hunters can be so gullible, and stupid. No wonder we are floundering as a group, the antis have infiltrated us with what used to be "our own". Throw the liberal voting anti gun, and anti hunters, out of your hunting camps.

• Sitka Gear