BC 14-Mar-21
Live2Hunt 15-Mar-21
TrapperKayak 15-Mar-21
Paul@thefort 15-Mar-21
Copperhead 15-Mar-21
Live2Hunt 15-Mar-21
Inshart 15-Mar-21
12-Mar-21
Little by little, the anti hunting and anti trapping groups are at it again.

Colorado, HSUS petition to end all trapping

New Mexico, Bill to end all trapping on public land

Illinois, Bill to end bobcat hunting and trapping

Nevada, Petition to end hunting bears with hounds.

Washington, Bill to end commercial fur farming

12-Mar-21
They passed a bill out of committee here in CT that makes it a felony to own African taxidermy including lion, leopard, rhino, giraffe and zebra

12-Mar-21
Here is a list of Animal Rights Groups, I am sure it is not all of them. Do you believe their membership numbers are higher than hunter/trapper numbers?

American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) Animal Aid (UK) Animal Defense League Animal Ethics Animal Legal Defense Fund Animal Liberation Leagues Animal Liberation Press Office Animal Outlook (formerly Compassion Over Killing) Animal Protection and Rescue League Animal Welfare Network Nepal AnimaNaturalis (Spain and Latin America) Animals Now Anonymous for the Voiceless Best Friends Animal Society Captive Animals Protection Society Coalition to Abolish the Fur Trade (CAFT) Comunidad Inti Wara Yassi Direct Action Everywhere (DxE) Equanimal Farm Animal Rights Movement (FARM) Friends of Animals (FoA) HAYTAP Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) In Defense of Animals (IDA) International Primate Protection League (IPPL) Italian Horse Protection Association (IHP) L214 Last Chance for Animals (LCA) Libera! Massachusetts Animal Rights Coalition (MARC) Mercy For Animals (MFA) Nonhuman Rights Project People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) People for Animals (PFA) Save Animals From Exploitation (SAFE) Sea Shepherd Conservation Society (SSCS) Western Animal Rights Network (WARN) Uncaged Campaign Rights groups.

12-Mar-21
Crazy! Are hunting/trapping groups just less well organized? What can we do to present a more united front?

13-Mar-21
Pat when was that done!? That’s ridiculous. You can legally go hunt them but it’s a felony to have a mount? So ridiculous.

13-Mar-21
They'll have to shut down the Cabelas in E. Hartford.

13-Mar-21
Insane people making up stupid laws.

13-Mar-21
We actually have hunters who voted and will continue to vote for these crazy liberal democratic leaders, hard to believe.

13-Mar-21
Yep. Democrats doing what they do best. Showing the outright HATRED they have for us. Well, the feeling is mutual.

13-Mar-21
dont you guys realize that if hunters would just stop posting gross hunting pictures on social media these groups would leave us alone....hahahahahahahaha!!

13-Mar-21
These anti hunting groups will never leave us alone. The best we can do is make sure some voting non hunters, and new voters, view hunting in a somewhat positive light and do not become antihunters and liberal dem voters. That has been the case for half a century, at least. Where have some of you been?

Sad, but even some hunters voted for the antihunting Liberal Dems. Throw them out of your social circles and hunting camps, do it now!

13-Mar-21
Who is willing to donate their Biden Bucks for our cause? I don't qualify for them, but I'll pitch in a similar amount. Who's with me?

Matt

13-Mar-21
“Crazy! Are hunting/trapping groups just less well organized? What can we do to present a more united front?“

“Sad, but even some hunters voted for the antihunting Liberal Dems. Throw them out of your social circles and hunting camps, do it now!”

There’s your answer.

13-Mar-21
They will never leave us alone because it's a money making operation. They sucker people into donating money because they show them a cute little picture of a dog in a cage in cold weather so it's shivering and say the dogs scared and dying. The unfortunate thing is that the antis don't understand that if you end hunting/trapping then it's the beginning of the end for those animals. As in Africa if the animal has no value then the animal ceases to exsist.

13-Mar-21
“Again” infers they had stopped at one point. They never stopped and will never stop. The most aligned and tenacious will win. Facts won’t play a part in the end. Ridiculous

13-Mar-21
TK, yes. Hunters are fragmented and not organized. Most hunters are “live and let live” type people who just want to be left alone. Meanwhile anti’s have their hooks into groups like BHA and the NWF and plenty of othe so called “sportsman’s groups”. And I use that term loosely because their definition of sportsman has been perverted to push political leftist agendas. If you don’t believe that, you can see the leftist influence in their posts on forums like this. They aren’t hiding their support for the left. Easy to see when you read their words and try to justify their twisted reasoning.

13-Mar-21
"Throw them out of your social circles and hunting camps, do it now!”

Yep, sounds perfectly fine to me.

13-Mar-21
Its a shame as sportsman and hunters we can not organize ourselves enough to put an end to this crap!

13-Mar-21
"Its a shame as sportsman and hunters we can not organize ourselves enough to put an end to this crap!"

Sadly, I think there are too many folks out there that are afraid of leftwing nutjobs and their scare tactics. I for one am surprised and disappointed by the lack of pushback from our side.

13-Mar-21
Even if we got unified, we’re never going to be able to neutralize their emotional advantage that they employ, with the pics and videos of poor animals suffering (wether real or staged, it matters not) Science and truth is on our side, however, emotions seem to always trump the truth, especially with the uninformed people that are in the middle, between the two sides of these issues.

13-Mar-21
United states sportsman alliance. They even have it where you can donate money to your particular cause. For me it's hound hunting rights. For archery IBO does it for me.

13-Mar-21
Emotions are very powerful, and will never be on our side.

13-Mar-21
Spot on t-Roy. If anyone things facts will prevail they have already lost.

13-Mar-21
It's much more important to me what you hunt with rather than if you can hunt. But, if that wasn't true, I'd totally focus all my energy on advocating for hunting, in general. I might even start by saying Virginia hunters alone have donated millions of meals to the underprivileged and homeless whereas no ARO can say the same. Millions. And these are meals of a nutritional quality money cannot buy.

13-Mar-21
US Sportsman's alliance is good, so is SCI. But they all fall far short of the standard organization I *used* to consider the gold standard for political lobbying and that was the NRA, but now they have been marginalized - due to both politics and horrendous leadership.

We have nothing that comes remotely close to HSUS or PETA as far as effectiveness and budget. It's like pee-wee teams playing against the NFL. Sucks.

13-Mar-21
Low reasoning and high hypocrisy are the hallmarks of both the Marxist minion and the hunting hater

13-Mar-21
We will never be unified! You can read on this site how far apart we are. Bowhunters against crossbow hunters, trad hunters against compound hunters, dog hunters against trappers. I could keep going but you get the point. Trapping will be the first to go then they will eventually pick off the rest. We all see it coming but would still rather argue amongst ourselves. The day will come when trapping and hunting is a thing of the past. Hopefully not in my lifetime but if things keep going the way they are, my kids will see it happen! We have the ability to stop this and the answer is right in front of our face but we are to stubborn and stupid to make it happen.

13-Mar-21
Spot on Sean! They create divide within the ranks of any community, group, or family. Then they sit back and watch everone eat themselves.

It makes me sick to realize that nobody want to man-up and fight back!!!

...oops my bad...that would be sexist, racist, and terroristic.

F'n left wing pussies!

13-Mar-21
How do you effectively fight back when the media is liberal, the current administration is liberal, and even many hunters vote and support the liberals ?

13-Mar-21
Well, we can all give up OR we can join those organizations/groups and are willing to fight the fight and then support them with $$, comments/input, and then contact your game Commissions, your Legislature. Develop a positive message that supports the United States Model of Wildlife Conservation. (if you do not know about this Model, then look it up.) If you belong to a State Hunting Organization, make sure they have a Mission Statement that support hunting and conservation and that they have a representative that puts out their message.

Sure we can die by a thousand cut, OR we can be smart and get involved and take the fight to those that want to end the tradition of hunting and trapping.

13-Mar-21
The divide among fishermen is just as bad, without the help of anti-fishermen and MSM. Fly fishermen hate Tenkara and vice versa. Euro nymphers hate bobber fishermen. Dry fly guys hate nymphers. They all hate spin fishermen, and everybody except baiters hates baiters. The fishing forums and FB are way more vitriolic than hunting forums (except maybe the Leatherwall, which is in a class all by itself..)

13-Mar-21
I agree with joining the organizations but most have been around for decades and seem to be largely ineffective these days. They may have slowed the decline, but can it really be effectively stopped? I was hoping for a greater solution, one I am not able to grasp. I think the sun is setting, especially when even hunters are voting to support liberal values.

13-Mar-21
I'm with Missouribreaks.

13-Mar-21
the biggest thing to hurt trapping in my area is the fur market is very bad. Right now I can get $3 for a muskrat hide and $5 for the meat. I used to get $12 for a black muskrat hide. I don't know what they are worth now but I used to get $65 for an otter hide but I bet it isn't worth anywhere near that now. The only trapping I do now is nuisance animals. Mainly raccoons and beavers. I live trap the raccoons and give them to a raccoon hunter and eat the beavers. We are still allowed to trap here on the Eastern shore of Maryland.

13-Mar-21
One of the principals of Marxism is that a well organized minority will always defeat a disorganized majority. Hunters won’t organize and more so they will no employ the tactics needed to defeat the majority. They believe they have to be civil and nice. Look how they treat people that vote against their principals here. They believe they can reason them away from thier positions. If a hunter went to a PETA meeting he would have to fight his way out , have his windows bashed , tires slashed and his livelihood threatened.

13-Mar-21
I am one of those People Eating Tasty Animals.

14-Mar-21
No one can say that you're wasteful Lex! ;-)

14-Mar-21
Pat, Your comment that ( Its like pee-wee teams playing against the NFL ) is because of lack of membership, sportsmen will spend thousands on hunting equipment , but you can't get them to spend $25.00 to join a state bowhunting organization that fights for their rights to hunt. In New York State we have over two hundred thousand bowhunters , yet only a small percentage are members. Could you imagine the influence sportsmen could have if they would step up and join their state bowhunting organizations. G-MAN

14-Mar-21
Even if hunting were to be outlawed sometime in the future, I don't believe people would stop hunting.

15-Mar-21
Hunter Nation right now gets my vote to protect our rights to hunt and be a instinctive human animal. They came into WI and sued the WI DNR for the wolf hunt and won. The worst part of this Anti crap is the Media News, National News Papers, Hollywood and the Dem's have the anti's back's. They help their cause by the B.S. they spew on TV and in writing.

15-Mar-21
"What can we do to present a more united front?"

ans: Care enough to.

15-Mar-21
Calvin, A-men to that!

15-Mar-21
If we all would request that our clothing manufacturers start using real fur in their products, AKA a renewable resource, that would help this problem along with the above mentioned ideas of reaching out to our representatives and lobbyist groups.

15-Mar-21
Not to mention that most fur used for clothing is from animals that are nuisance animals. They will be killed one way or another because of the destruction they cause, may as well use the fur for something.

15-Mar-21
I agree organizing is the way to go. However; that takes money - lots of money, especially when we are up against the leftist, liberal multi, multi millionaires who donate millions to the anti-hunting cause (which includes buying off the politicians, and the media, who could give a shit about right or wrong, moral or immoral, science or fluff, etc., etc., so long as it puts money in their pockets).

Someone mentioned that for the most part we hunters, just want to be left alone. We are conservative pacifists, and I agree with that but also agree it's time to unify.

Our backs are against the wall and we can either go down fighting or bow to the "kings". Eventually the bully just needs a good ol left hook to get his attention.

• Sitka Gear