Coyote 65 16-Mar-21
Hackbow 16-Mar-21
MathewsMan 16-Mar-21
Jaquomo 16-Mar-21
Muskybuck 18-Mar-21
Missouribreaks 25-Mar-21
Live2Hunt 25-Mar-21
15-Mar-21
It seems that the gray wolf that was just delisted by the Interior Dept/USFWS, has a very good chance to be relisted as Endangered again.

Update (3/15/2021): The Senate has voted to confirm Rep. Deb Haaland to lead the Department of Interior by a vote of 51-40.

Rep. Deb Haaland, President Biden’s nominee to lead the Department of the Interior, has a proven track record of working on the side of animals. Humane Society Legislative Fund endorsed her history-making run for the U.S. House in 2018, and she has since worked swiftly to not only move the ball forward for several key animal protection issues but also to oppose some of the worst decisions made by the Department of the Interior under President Trump. Her advocacy for animals earned her a perfect score of 100 on HSLF’s 2020 Humane Scorecard.

As her Senate confirmation process begins today, we look forward to a return to U.S. Interior policy that protects our most vulnerable wildlife, both here in the United States and around the world.

15-Mar-21
Sounds like she’ll be a nightmare for sportsmen. So who here bought into the pipe dream that this administration would be moderate? and conservatives were just fear mongering?

Well here you go. Nice job.

15-Mar-21
+1 Pat!

All those on here voting for this administration....thanks. Now take a hike!

15-Mar-21
yup, all the BHA fanboys will come in here shortly praising the pick.

15-Mar-21
Well, I promised the naysayers on my original thread that I'd start a new one entitled "I told you so". Bet that will happen by June.

15-Mar-21
HSFL, HSUS support might as well be a supporter of PeTA and the domestic terrorist group ALF; none of them give a damn about wildlife or conservation. They are more interested in making bombs, destroying capitalism and our way of life. Look up Rodney Adams Coronado sometime, a convicted terrorist whose defense fees were paid for by these knuckleheads and he was also an adjunct professor at colleges (again teaching kids how to make fire bombs). I can't make this stuff up. Dealt with the likes of him and his ilk while working at a university and they firebombed labs, broke in and let research animals go so they could die in the elements. Not only are they misguided but outright dangerous, period.

15-Mar-21
The people Pat refers to are fundamentally different then most here So, they’ll never see the wrong in it. And, will fail to put thought into considering any view besides theirs. That trait defines naive and careless. Not to mention ignorance.

15-Mar-21
I guess the MDF has no other choice: Mule Deer Foundation Looks Forward to Working With Interior Secretary Deb Haaland

Salt Lake City, UT: The Mule Deer Foundation congratulates Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland on today’s confirmation vote and looks forward to working with her on the critical issues facing public lands and wildlife. As the first Native American to serve in a White House cabinet, Haaland will bring an important perspective to the position. In addition, MDF encourages Haaland and her team at the Department to continue the critical work that began under DOI Secretarial Order 3362 on big game migration corridors and seasonal ranges. Following is a statement by Mule Deer Foundation President/CEO Joel Pedersen:

“The Mule Deer Foundation looks forward to the opportunity to work with Secretary Deb Haaland as she begins her tenure at the Department of the Interior. Agencies within the Department manage millions of acres that are essential to mule deer and black-tailed deer and their habitat, and MDF has been involved in active habitat management to improve the health of these landscapes in the West. We particularly call on Secretary Haaland to continue the support of coordinated efforts to conserve big game migration corridors and seasonal ranges that began under Secretarial Order 3362. This initiative has dramatically improved conservation opportunities for mule deer, elk, and pronghorn but also has positively affected hundreds of other species. These collaborative efforts fit well within this administration’s vision of conserving landscapes to support climate adaptation and biodiversity and we strongly urge the Secretary to expand upon this highly successful program.”

15-Mar-21
Its all worth it. Trump was arrogant and a meanie with poor manners. It was worth flushing the next 4-8 years (minimum) down the toilet and years beyond that of trying to undo the damage...if we get the chance. Never Trumpers and normal leftys aren't happy about this Administration's policies so far but its a little soon to face the truth for them.

They know the agenda is too extreme, they know Biden isn't really calling the shots and that he was declining cognitively. They just hated Orange man's personalty so much that they put on the blinders and charged forward. At the moment they still tell themselves it was worth it but that little voice is getting a little louder with every new terrible decision from the Whitehouse or Congress.

15-Mar-21
Paul, the MDF does have a choice, just as every American citizen does - NEVER. COMPROMISE.

The ideological and political left play the long game. They do not care how others FEEL about them. Yet, those of us on the ideological and political right have been coerced into believing that playing nice, appeasement and "meeting in the middle" is somehow the 'high road' and we will score some ethereal points by placating the left.

Screw that. Haaland, Joe & the Ho and those that vote for/support them are in league with the forces that would hasten this Republic's demise. The line in the sand has been drawn and NOT by those of us who value individual rights, The Constitution or the truth.

The left IS the enemy whether they carry an arrow launching device or not. We'd better begin acknowledging that and acting upon it.

15-Mar-21
I'm sorry to admit we (NM) brought Haaland nationwide. She was a whacko here; I couldn't believe she got into any sort of important state office position. Then picked by Biden's whackos. My apologies to all.

16-Mar-21
Well, liberal voting hunters have hurt us all. You know how I feel about it.

16-Mar-21

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Our next 4 years and the new Democrat Party symbol.

16-Mar-21
Don't jump off on the four year train yet, we have to be optimistic that house and senate will flop in 2 years. Of course a lot will be changed in that amount of time and Joe will still do executive orders to get around a flopped congress.

16-Mar-21
Don't worry, our Bowsite Biden voters will be along shortly to tell us all that we are wrong.

16-Mar-21
According to the Endangered Species Coalition over 12,000 plus, of the below letter was sent and I am sure other wolf coalitions did the same.

To: President Joe Biden, The Honorable Deb Haaland From: [Your Name]

Wolves in the United States were the subject of brutal and reckless attempts to drive them from the landscape in the last century. When they were protected under the Endangered Species Act in 1974, they were gone in all but one state in the continental US. The protections of the Endangered Species Act have allowed gray wolves to recover in some parts of the country.

I was alarmed to learn that the Trump Administration issued a rule in its final days that removed these vital protections from still-recovering gray wolves in the lower 48 states.

Without these protections, states will have no limits on the management of this iconic and maligned species.

In Wyoming, where wolves once had Endangered Species Act protections, they are treated like nuisance animals and can be killed without limit any time of the year.

In Wisconsin, the state held a hastily-organized hunting and trapping season resulting in the slaughter of more than 200 wolves in just days.

These same stories of killing instead of conservation could play out across the United States where wolves are trying desperately to re-establish their rightful habitats.

I urge you to reverse the Trump wolf delisting and return gray wolves' protections under the Endangered Species Act.

16-Mar-21
Exactly who are the Bowsite Biden voters that you guys speak of?

Also, won't relishing the wolves as endangered put a wrinkle into Colorado's wolf reintroduction initiative?

Matt

16-Mar-21
Man, it just burns me when I hear of this crap, and again, anyone who hunts, fish's, traps and votes these anti-humans into office is a moron. What the F#$@ are you thinking. Also I think we need to back one of the hunters organization who has the balls and the intelligence to confront these idiots. Right now the leader for me is Hunter Nation. For them to come in a sue the WI DNR gave me respect for them. Also, for you that hunt and throw up your arms and say "oh well, that sucks" ain't going to fly anymore. This is Bull Sh@#.

16-Mar-21
Yep, it’s a done deal. They are back on the list in short order.

16-Mar-21
"Exactly who are the Bowsite Biden voters that you guys speak of?"

Grey Ghost, The answer is right in your question but I know you're intelligent enough to already know that answer.

16-Mar-21
Matt,

With the wolves back on the list it can stop the releasing efforts in Colorado.

However it will end the Wisconsin hunting season.

16-Mar-21
Michael, not sure about your Colorado statement. I will check on it.

I know that the USFWS did not add Colorado to the Northern Rockies Wolf Recovery Area, so I guess there was no intent to reintroduce them in Colorado under the ESA, as in Wyo, Montana and Idaho. The Colorado Ballot Initiative 114 to reintroduce is now state law. It will be interesting if the NEW Dept of Interior sides with "Democratic run" Colorado and give them their blessing to reintroduce. I will try to find more facts and this subject will surely be discussed by the Colorado CPW Commission and others.

16-Mar-21
You can bet that if relisted, an agreement will be in place shortly that will allow Colorado adding more wolves to continue.

16-Mar-21
One of the leaders of the Wolf Project told me that USFWS has already advised they will cooperate with Colorado on the forcing program.

16-Mar-21
One call from polis to Deb, and truckloads of wolves will show up in colorado. We are still screwed.

16-Mar-21
LOL, yes, CO will get wolves regardless. The lefties know full well there are plenty of wolves to move around.

16-Mar-21
I would hope that the Dept of Interior/USFWS mandates a Environmental Impact Statement/Report before any wolves are reintroduced. Yea, what are the chances of that happening? Actually I believe it is the law that they do.

16-Mar-21
when did a law ever bother dems?

Terry

16-Mar-21
"when did a law ever bother dems?"

When it is/was a law protecting the individual rights of US Citizens, the life of unborn children or our nation's borders.

16-Mar-21
Must be the Mexican Grey wolf? Around here a grey wolf is getting trapped or dropped. I think we are allocated 10 a year down on the Kenai Peninsula unlike many areas of Alaska where you’re allowed 5 a day.

16-Mar-21
MM, Dems have decided that Canadian wolves are still somehow "endangered" in the Lower 48.

18-Mar-21
The chance that the House and Senate will flip in two years is real, but will barely slow down a weak Prez who rules by executive orders. Legislation is seen as too slow and arduous for the new government and their radical transformative agenda that rushes to reverse anything associated with the policy of Trump-regardless of if it hurts the country.

So yes I think they will probably flip the wolf delisting ruling once again hurting the sportsman.

25-Mar-21

Missouribreaks's Link
The aftermath.

25-Mar-21
Would you expect anything different in today's world? Also, that was not me who was the spokesman for that tribe, LOL.

• Sitka Gear