turkeyhunter60 30-Mar-21
smarba 31-Mar-21
GF 31-Mar-21
Ironbow 31-Mar-21
greenmountain 03-Apr-21
29-Mar-21

Boxcall70's embedded Photo
Boxcall70's embedded Photo
Been jumping around between frankenbows,and Jennings split t,and martin compounds,and Oneidas,but this old martin cougar 11,called my name today.need this old gal warmed up.

29-Mar-21
It's old and ugly but I'm not sure that's a good reason to shoot it. Besides, what are you going to shoot it with? I suppose it would make a decent enough target but it would likely damage your arrow. Are you planning to aim at the riser?

29-Mar-21
Overland you don't have a clue.old bows are meant to be shot.not your stupid post.

29-Mar-21
My Martin Cougar must have been a newer model because it had cams not round wheels and the riser was more "modern". But it was a sweet shooting bow. Have fun with it!

29-Mar-21
I got a cougar magnum with the energy cams.fast and handles heavy arrows good.

29-Mar-21
Yikes!!!! Tough crowd!

29-Mar-21
Love older bows, I have many. Golden eagles,PSEs,a couple of Hoyts. Even have two old Premier wooden handle compounds.

29-Mar-21
They were killing big game when they were new ,so why not now. Forrest

29-Mar-21
That bow will shoot just fine.

29-Mar-21
I have it's brother hanging in my garage from the season I tried a compound in the 80's. Killed a little muley buck with it.

30-Mar-21
nice bow, shoot it, nothing wrong with old, there is no expectoration date on it..

31-Mar-21
A buddy of mine recently visited and congratulated me on shooting "traditional". He said my 2011 Hoyt Matrix was old enough to qualify. Using that logic, that Cougar is prehistoric LOL. Lots of older bows still work just fine.

31-Mar-21
Danny is just so protective of the ol’ gal that he missed the joke... I kind of admire his devotion to it, even if he does cheat on her with other bows...

I wanted one of those Cougar Mags in the WORST way at one point in my wayward youth, but they cost CRAZY money.... A Cougar Mag with cams was like $135 or some insanity.....

My first Hunting Weight bow was a Lynx, but back then Hunting bows with less than a 28 or 29 inch DL for a few and far between… And there’s nothing quite as difficult to shoot well as a 28” DL compound when you only draw 26.5”-27”...

31-Mar-21
Shot my 1978 (?) Bear Alaskan tonight. That thing is 52" axle to axle! Still fun.

03-Apr-21
Marketing is a powerful tool. We as a group seem to need the fastest, quietest, most forgiving bow out there. I have given in to technology now and again . My hunting buddy , went the opposite direction. We went on an out of state hunt years ago. We met one of the locals and we found ourselves hunting trees instead of hunting deer. He cut down a small Osage Orange tree and shipped it home via UPS. He spent the winter drying his piece of wood and by spring he had made a new bow. He took a nice whitetail doe with that bow that fall. I was proud for him. I couldn't do such a feat. I thought long and hard about this . We all have our ideas on what is best but the guy in the mirror is he one you need to please. I hope you all shoot straight or not at all. I hope any game you take feeds your family and friends. We as hunters need to defend our group no matter what . Any legally taken animal should be eaten to sustain life and enjoyed. The tool used to take this animal is secondary in importance. Shoot the old bows if you like but don't ever hunt to wound. Bob

• Sitka Gear