Teeton 03-May-21
DroptineDC18 03-May-21
Scar Finga 03-May-21
CdaIDElk 03-May-21
SteveB 04-May-21
Scar Finga 04-May-21
Buckskin21 08-May-21
23-Apr-21
A good sale going on at Rtic coolers. Rotomolded coolers for less the. $100 is hard to pass up.

coolers-rtic.com

https://www.coolers-rtic.com/

23-Apr-21
Are talking about a lunchbox size cooler for 100 bucks. Where I come from thats plum nuts to pay that kind of money for a lunchbox

23-Apr-21
No. I’m talking about a hunting size cooler. Go to the link. 145 quart coolers are less then $100.

23-Apr-21
Wowser!!!! Thanks for the heads up Justin!

23-Apr-21
Be careful...that’s not the RTIC website which is the only place I know of where you can buy their stuff...other than resellers like Amazon or Walmart.

23-Apr-21
Good sale and free shipping on a 145, unbelievable.

23-Apr-21
You might say almost too good to be true.

23-Apr-21
I reckon we will find out. I ordered two. I went through PayPal so there should be no problems getting my money back if I got dubbed.

However, proceed at your own risk.

23-Apr-21
Hopefully it works out, they are great coolers. I have 3 lol

23-Apr-21
I hope so too. I never even thought about it. I bought a grizzly on sale several years ago for about the same price. Here’s hoping this goes off smooth.

23-Apr-21
Yeah. Cancel the orders fellas.

23-Apr-21
^...what happened?

23-Apr-21
Any updates ?

23-Apr-21
What happened....?

23-Apr-21
I went to PayPal. The vendor wasn’t Rtic coolers. So, since the webpage was supposed to be Rtic coolers, I figured I’d better bail out.

I don’t know it’s not legit. I just figured I’d better be proactive.

23-Apr-21
Ok....thanks for the update. That website says this....

" About Us Mission

At coolers-rtic, we're obsessed with our customers. We leverage the latest tools and technologies to make it as easy as possible for our customers to shop for everything they need to make their businesses go. Our Culture

coolers-rtic.com is an eCommerce company that sells items—but we’re much more than just a website. We’re a team of great people who win and lose together (we prefer winning!).

Even as we've grown rapidly in just a handful of years, we've worked hard to foster a unique company culture built on transparency, collaboration, and innovation. We've also won a number of awards for our company culture along the way. Of course, it's not the awards that matter—it's the people. We pride ourselves on building diverse and inclusive teams that allow our employees to bring their authentic selves to work and have a little bit of fun in the process. We've built this culture not just because it works for our team members, but because it helps us provide the ultimate customer experience to everyone who shops at coolers-rtic. "

24-Apr-21
I did not know this: Since the law suit RTIC was forced to redesign their products and marketing. Their slogan is now “Overbuilt. Not Overpriced” and while slightly different their coolers still look remarkably like Yeti coolers in everything except the brand name.

I can understand why it's common for people to think that RTIC and Yeti are the same company, after all they manufacture extremely similar products. It's also not uncommon for an original brand to also create a second “cheaper” brand and sell the same product under a different brand name to a different segment of the market. It happens all the time.

But no, RTIC and Yeti are not the same company, they are owned by completely different companies and Yeti successfully sued RTIC in 2017 for patent as well as trademark infringements.

24-Apr-21
Some one most likely got their hands on a lot of stock. Or it’s a way for Rtic to dump old design stock. Since it was PayPal I went for it. I need another cooler like I need a kick to the nads.

But what the heck. Maybe it will be a nice gift for someone

24-Apr-21
Ya always suspect of those deals. Got beat once like that. Live and learn.

24-Apr-21
They must have sold all the Yeti look a likes. No such sale anymore. The 30 dollar dog food bowls are all sold out in case you were wondering.

24-Apr-21
WV you think we should cancel? I just got back on after reading you bought two and I jumped on and bought two. Lol now you're saying dump the orders?? I paid through PayPal just like you did. ?? Surely it's legit?!?! I suppose we will see Altitude. I'm hanging in for now I believe.

24-Apr-21
FWIW.....some big name cooler companies get their stuff from China. If you're ever wondering about an item, go to Aliaba and see if you can find the item you're interested in. I did that and seen coolers that look like those. Those were starting at $30 and up. Shipping would kill ya, but the coolers were there. A lot of broadheads, arrows and bows there too. Could be the real deal or knock-offs.

24-Apr-21
Really tempted to get the 145qt, but how can they ship a 60 lb. cooler for free? Seems too good to be true, but my Dogecoin did go up 400% in a week so who knows!

24-Apr-21
I just ordered one too. How do you cancel an order once you placed it?

24-Apr-21
I went to paypal and canceled the order. I may of just missed out on a good deal but better safe then sorry.

24-Apr-21
I just searched for those coolers on sale and there’s other sites selling them for the same price

that isn’t the only place selling them at that price

so Maybe they’re just dumping them

24-Apr-21
I ordered one. Worst case scenario I find out how good PayPal is with their reimbursement policy.

24-Apr-21
Pop-r, I think it’s your choice to stay in or cancel. I feel like it is as JL said. A buyer is obtaining orders to buy in bulk. Once he gets operating cash, he will order the coolers. And, have them shipped directly to the buyer. Yet, I don’t know that. If he doesn’t PayPal will refund your money. I know that as I’ve had to file for such in other purchases.

As stated above, I needed the two coolers like I needed a hole in my head. I’ve got several already. But, I’m going charter fishing the first of may and figured I buy a couple to bring the tuna back in. Fish has a way of staining a cooler with their smell.

After Justin expressed his concerns, I evaluated the situation and determined I’d buy some additional soft sided coolers from Calcutta instead. They work great and pack so much easier. Plus having three rotomolded coolers means the soft coolers were a better purchase for me.

I’m sure things will work out fine. But, it was more of an impulse buy that wasn’t done with any planning. And, with a non direct purchase plus, not needing them as much as a couple soft sided options, I decided to cancel.

24-Apr-21
Heck, I ordered one again. I’ll let PayPal sort it out. Plus, I need another bench. lol

24-Apr-21
I made a donation too.

24-Apr-21
I'm imagining a cardboard box coming to the door spraypainted RTIC on the side of it. Paypal dont let me down :)

24-Apr-21
I followed you lemmings. Banking on PayPal fraud defense.

24-Apr-21
Hmmm, Paypal just called with a automated message asking if I placed this order. Didn't say anything else about it, never had them call.... I'm smelling a skunk here with a gmail email address and no merchant information. Anyone else have them call? I bailed and cancelled.....

24-Apr-21
I did notice that under the login account tab that it asks for the RTIC Outdoors (the normal company name) login credentials. This would seem to provide some link back to the legit company? All the same, I'm likely passing.

There may be a reason why the sale ends before the real RTIC opens on Monday. Sent the real RTIC an email asking for clarification but apparently they are closed.

24-Apr-21
I ordered the green and the gray on separate orders. The payees were different in the receipt. I have PayPal defense if this isn’t legit.

24-Apr-21
It sounds like it’s on the up and up

24-Apr-21
Just ordered 2. Thank you for the heads up.

24-Apr-21
I canceled my order. I thought it was strange when my payment was being made to a phil somebody at gmail.com.I sent an email to rtic asking them if they knew what was going on. If they say they unloaded stock then I will reorder asap otherwise I'm out.

24-Apr-21
I went to the regular site and ordered the 52 qt ultra light cooler for $180. Normally $350 so a good deal! Thanks for the heads up WV! But the 145 qt is $475, normally $642. So I think someone is trying to run a scam?

24-Apr-21
Talk about good service! Ordered that cooler mid morning and got a notice this evening that it had shipped. Hope the product is as good as their service is!

25-Apr-21
I received this from RTIC Outdoors regarding whether the web address or coolers from the sale were associated with them....the below is their response...

Veronica (RTIC Coolers) Apr 25, 2021, 8:56 AM CDT

"Hello Mark,

Good morning sir and thank you for reaching out to us today. Unfortunately no, this is not linked to RTIC OUTDOORS, us. We are and ONLY direct with this link: https://rticoutdoors.com

I apologize for any confusion & will give this link detail to management for review.

-Veronica, Customer Service & Support

RTIC Outdoors Email: [email protected] Phone: 1-855-527-6993 www.RTICOutdoors.com"

I also clicked on the facebook and other links at the bottom of the page of the Coolers-RTIC page....and there's nothing there.

25-Apr-21
Don’t know if this is legit or not but I told some buddies about a similar Muck sale recently and they placed some orders which turned out to be a scam. They’re were pretty mad but I couldnt help but laugh because I didn’t order any of the boots. Be careful on internet sales that look too good to be true.

25-Apr-21
They have to be banking on the fact that anyone who would consider spending three, four , or 500 bucks on a cooler is potentially susceptible to an Internet scam.

They are friggin’ coolers!!!!!

25-Apr-21
I hope you guys that bought one get a great deal on a legit product. If it is a scam....let everyone know.

25-Apr-21
Funny jingalls I didn't get a shipping notification yet but I did get an email receipt from paypal. I made two different orders & they both paid out to the same account.

25-Apr-21
I ordered one from the site posted by the OP. The PayPal email receipt had the merchant email as [email protected].

When I log into paypal the email on the seller info is different: [email protected] and the name listed is Thomas Wall

The order confirmation email went to my spam inbox. We shall see, but I am not too optimistic.

25-Apr-21
I tested the waters too. PayPal should refund if it’s fake.

My pay pal receipt says paid out to [email protected]

Probably a scam.

25-Apr-21
None of those match the name mine went to and I used the original link. We shall see.

25-Apr-21
No, it’s not a “friggin cooler”. It’s an awesome cooler.

I have a Yeti that is over 20 yrs old and still seems as good as the day I got it. Not one repair, still seals and insulates better than any cheap cooler I have ever had. The way I use and abuse coolers I would have been thru 3-4 Coleman’s by now. I have a couple of Yetis and couple of Rtics. I have never paid sticker price for one (they are overpriced at sticker) but you can keep your cheap coolers. And I am a cheap son of a gun

25-Apr-21
Hope Paypal serves you better than it di me.

25-Apr-21
This is absolutely a scam. Just checked and yeti-coolers.com has poppies up as a new website with the same sale going on. These won’t even be cheap Chinese knock offs or coolers diverted from the manufacturer in China because the shipping would cost more than the sale price.

25-Apr-21
How do you cancel a payment on Paypal?

25-Apr-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
FWIW....I just picked up this thick-sided, molded Coleman from the Wally Martin for $69 a little bit ago. It should work for a 2 day return trip if it's advertised for 6 days. It's a 150qt cooler.

25-Apr-21
I just sent a request to the seller through PayPal. I requested contact or a refund.

26-Apr-21
At this point.....just curious if anyone has heard any update on the coolers they ordered?

26-Apr-21
Negative

26-Apr-21
Good news. So many people are sending money to the scammers they just extended the sale another 24 hours.

26-Apr-21
Hopefully it’s real and the sale only ends when the truckload of coolers they stole is finally all shipped out.

26-Apr-21
Total scam boys. I got a delivered notification email for a tracking number. Not sure how he pulled that off. Somehow he can hack usps tracking? Anyways, I filed a claim with PayPal. It said the shipping method was parcel select lightweight. That’s tough to do with a 25+ pound cooler.

27-Apr-21
Well take money you saved on the cooler and buy an upright or chest freezer. They cost less.

27-Apr-21
I'm starting to feel pretty good about that Wally Martin cooler I bought above. I feel bad for the folks on here that may have got slickered. That sucks....C'mon Paypal.

27-Apr-21
A few weeks ago I saw an add for pop up blinds on facebook for 39.95. Being full side blinds I ordered two. Right after I order I got to thinking was it a scam. So I Pm them thru facebook, well 4 or 5 days later they still never returned my Pm. So I contacted PP to put in a claim. Well PP got no response from them and refunded my money. They had that ad up for about 2 two weeks, now I can't find it. Or find them thru goggle. Yep gmail address also. SO?????? Is there a time to file a PP claim? Kinda wondering if thousands buy and maybe a few hundred wait till after it's to late to file a claim, so that's how a scam works. Am I right? Don't use PP much, so I don;'t know their refund policies. I hope you all get your coolers. Ed

27-Apr-21
coolers-rtic.com just named WV Mountaineer salesman of the month.

27-Apr-21
"coolers-rtic.com just named WV Mountaineer salesman of the month."

Only for the Nigeria regional division.

27-Apr-21
Lol

27-Apr-21
Ouch!

27-Apr-21
I’d like to say if my posting caused you to act as a puppet and order based solely on that, John, ken, and the grizzly man has assured me they will reimburse you for your losses. I know they feel terrible about it. You can read it in their posts.

I hope all works out for everyone. And, I apologize for not vetting things a little better if it goes wrong. But, don’t give up on those three if you get shorted on the coolers. Sounds like they are ahead of the game so much they’ll have plenty of cash to give back.

27-Apr-21
WV I already mailed them all a check! ;)

27-Apr-21

MQQSE's embedded Photo
Mine showed up today.
MQQSE's embedded Photo
Mine showed up today.

27-Apr-21
WV no worries. That is on us. MQQSE, good one

27-Apr-21
Well I screwed up too... I immediately called my credit card company they said they can’t do anything about it yet but I won’t be responsible.

28-Apr-21
Yeti is running a special worth considering.

Pay full price for the cooler and you get 40% off the forklift to move it with if you buy before Memorial Day. Check it out.

28-Apr-21

altitude sick's embedded Photo
Here is one of the first PayPal responses

28-Apr-21

And the refund notice

28-Apr-21
Nice win. Any advice as you what you did? PayPal closed my case in favor of seller. Despite pages of info that demonstrated fraud. Disputed with the credit card company now.

28-Apr-21
I just rooted around on PayPal, clicked on that particular purchase and then in there somewhere was an icon to request a refund

I stated that I had emailed the seller with no response that I either wanted a response or my money back and within a pretty short period Got the refund

So I’m not real sure if the seller refunded my money or PayPal backed the Purchase and refunded my money.

if the seller refunded it then maybe there’s hope that it’s legit

28-Apr-21
I my case that I posted above I believe the seller didn't respond back to PP.

DropTineDc18, Was it for this cooler or something else. How long after you made the sale did you wait to file a claim with PP? I'm just thinking that the sellers are pulling the money out of PP and then there no money for PP to get (my guess) back. Does PP give a reason why they didn't win your case? I'm just trying to understand the in's and out's of how PP works. Sorry for all the questions,,, ED

28-Apr-21
It was for this cooler and the claim was submitted as soon as I got a “delivered “ notification from PayPal. The delivery was after 6 PM and I actually had 2 other USPS deliveries around noon, which is typical for our address. The “seller” shipped something using USPS parcel select lightweight which means it must weigh less than 1 pound. The cooler weighs 20 pounds without packaging. But because he was able to provide a tracking number that showed a delivery to my zip code, PayPal says that’s all they needed to side with the seller. I escalated with the CC company and will let them duke it out with paypal. I will also go to the usps and get a detailed tracking receipt associated with the number and see what PayPal will do from there.

28-Apr-21
So he sent you something - just not the cooler? If so what did he ship you?

28-Apr-21
No he didn’t send anything. At least not to my address. That’s why I am going to get the information needed from the post office that states it wasn’t delivered to my address.

28-Apr-21
If he had sent something the PayPal claim would be easy because I could demonstrate he sent the wrong item and ask for a return label.

28-Apr-21
He ships gift certificates somewhere. When I canceled the transaction, I was given a list of recent transactions. On the list there was a transaction for purchase of a gift card. I had no problems canceling, I think because I canceled within 15 minutes of the order. I have been watching my account to make sure the charge does not magically reappear.

28-Apr-21
We cancelled and received a refund too.

28-Apr-21
I ordered 3 coolers. 1 never shipped and I received a refund this morning within 5 minutes of emailing. My other 2 were with "christy newton" and show tracking but there is no package. I haven't received anything else from them either. If I have to escalate to fight this, I will provide a print out of this thread showing this is a scam.

28-Apr-21
Filed a claim on both orders and got an email about a minute later that I was receiving a refund on both.

28-Apr-21

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Mine showed up today... This is a joke!!!

28-Apr-21
Nice Shug! I’ll give ya $99

28-Apr-21

kscowboy's embedded Photo
I had 1 of the 3 refunded. I had two sellers listed on my PayPal receipt. The two that were shipped were listed with Christy Newton as the payee. This was the status of the 2 orders yesterday. I have a Ring Doorbell and never received a package, and they wouldn’t leave this at the mailbox nor in it.

28-Apr-21
The pic Shug posted is NOT a picture of an Rtic cooler Shug received from this company. That pic is from Dec of 2018.

28-Apr-21
We had the same notice too. Said delivered to mailbox. They are pretty elaborate on the scam to say the least.

28-Apr-21
He needs to delete that, as some of us are getting scammed here. I am planning to have this thread as part of my evidence of fraud. Shug, if this isn’t the truth, remove it immediately. You are adversely affecting your fellow Bowsiters and it’s not humorous.

28-Apr-21

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
Better Allen....

28-Apr-21
Yes sir I thought the same thing. The humor some people find in some things never ceases to amaze me.

28-Apr-21
I received a tracking umber today from the seller. When I went to USPS and looked up the number, it said delivered! This is a scam and I will dispute my charges tomorrow morning!

28-Apr-21
Hey guys. PayPal updated my claim and said the response would be in my favor and I will be refunded.

What I had to do was go to the post office and get a detailed tracking report. A supervisor helped me and went in the back and just printed it off their computer. It showed something was delivered to my zip code, but the address was way off. They can just cross out the house number so no one innocent is involved. All they need is the street address that proves it’s NOT IN FACT your address. That detailed tracking will show the weight of the parcel the scammer shipped. In my case it was 4.9 ounces...so way lighter than a cooler. Make sure to also include the email confirmation with the order so PayPal can see that as well. Another thing I thought of is to point out the email confirmation you got from the scammer and the time stamp from that compared with your PayPal receipt from the scammer. FYI my order confirmation went to my spam inbox. So check there if you didn’t get one.

28-Apr-21
Didn't anyone notice the Christmas tree?

28-Apr-21

Shug's embedded Photo
Shug's embedded Photo
For all the guys who don’t think my post was funny lighten up... I’m in the same boat if ya can’t find humor in life ... that’s too bad for you

28-Apr-21
The humor I find is the last one regarding the Jacket size:)

28-Apr-21
Charlie that’s not funny...lol

28-Apr-21
DP

29-Apr-21
Droptine, thanks for posting. I am going to the post office to do what you did for the resolution. PayPal is currently denying due to "proof of delivery."

29-Apr-21
Got a refund, only took about 2 1/2 hours. They must be on to their scam.

29-Apr-21
That's what I figured ND as it took about a minute to refund me on both accounts.

30-Apr-21
Add me to the list of suckers. Tried to contact the seller twice with no luck. Tried to move on with a PayPal resolution. Today when I tried to login I was blocked for suspicious activity and called the help number. Was connected to some middle eastern gentleman who told me to reactivate my account I would need to take several steps to secure my account including switching over to crypto currency. Now the bank is involved and tells me I have to work it out through PayPal. Always have been uncomfortable with electronic transactions but had never had a problem until this one.

30-Apr-21
PayPal reimbursed me right away after submitting my claim.

30-Apr-21
Was able to get a link from my bank and the issue was resolved in minutes. Google search for “PayPal login” is where I encountered the shady agent & fake blocked account message with phone # apparently not to PayPal

30-Apr-21
Shug - Don’t know you to be able to bust your chops... but that was kinda funny... sorry for enjoying it.

30-Apr-21
So popping back into this thread I see you guys can't even get a lunchbox for a hundred bucks but all lined up to try. Sorry you guys got ripped but that's funny

01-May-21
should we still take the op's advice on the covid vaccine? asking for a friend...

01-May-21
I had a similar experience with a different company for an Inreach a couple years ago. Thankfully PayPal refunded my money. But these online store scams are becoming more prevalent.

01-May-21

jingalls's embedded Photo
I’m probably the only one on here sincerely thanking WV! 8^D I received my 52 qt lightweight RTIC cooler yesterday. Very light and well built. Has a basket that comes with it and a divider that you freeze and helps keep things cool! Only paid $180 so saved $170!!! Free shipping too!!! THANKS WV!!! They still have them on sale on the real site if anyone wants one.

01-May-21
Ricky, it’d be better to take my opinion as advice, then listen to you rattle off about most anything.

02-May-21
Shug- Are you buying a jacket for Tink?

02-May-21
Received a refund within 5 minutes of submitting to resolution center.

03-May-21
I scored some Rtic coolers when the arbitration with Yeti was concluded. The pricing was similar to this scam. I can understand how getting sucked in by this would be possible.

If you’re going to bust Justin’s chops, at least keep that in mind, be creative and humorous. I have no doubt that he was trying to help people out.

03-May-21
My refund was denied because they have a confirmation number that shows delivery! WTF!!! No Cooler Delivered!

I am going to call my bank today!

03-May-21
Scar Finga,, Did you read the post or posts about them having confirmation of delivery and guys going to the post office and getting the info on that confirmation and resubmitting it? I them believe they then win!!

03-May-21
Yeah Scar, go to the post office and have them print off a Product Tracking and Reporting sheet for the tracking number. It will show it was delivered to an address but not your address. It will also show the true weight of what was shipped. Send that to PayPal and they should refund quickly after that.

03-May-21
Thanks guys, I may have to do that!! I appreciate the advise!

03-May-21
Burned here in ID, scam. I too had to travel to my local post office and only received bad news. Tracking info I got say's shipped but to a completely diff address, I even went to the peoples house asking them about it, nada. I opened a claim with PP but was denied do to info saying "DELIVERED" from seller.

04-May-21
For those having trouble with PayPal, just try going to the sale link again as it is now showing as broken link. Google has shut it down. That sent to PayPal should provide what you need for your refund. Always click the site or email links from these scammers to see what address it is REALLY going to. if it’s not the proper domain name, it’s a scam.

04-May-21
So I called PayPal and just explained everything to the customer service rep and they gave me a credit to my PayPal account for a future purchase. I am fine with that!

Good Luck Guys!!

08-May-21
An update in case anyone is still dealing with this.

I received a bogus tracking number from the seller that said my package was delivered so my Paypal claim was denied. I called paypal to let them know what happened and they told me to call USPS to get an intranet form from them documenting that the package was not delivered to my address. USPS said the intranet forms are for internal use only and they could not provide me with any documentation saying that the package was not delivered to my address. I then called Paypal back and told them the form they requested is impossible to get so they reopened my case and are requesting the documentation from USPS themselves. I don't know why they don't do that in the first place but I'm guessing they hope you give up after being denied by USPS.

To talk to an actual person at Paypal just say operator every time the machine directory gives you options for what type of help you need.

Good Luck!

• Sitka Gear