Teeton 27-Apr-21
huntinelk 27-Apr-21
Teeton 27-Apr-21
wyliecoyote 28-Apr-21
huntinelk 28-Apr-21
wyliecoyote 29-Apr-21
wyliecoyote 29-Apr-21
27-Apr-21
My son is re-doing 2 Yamaha BW200 M/C, a Honda fatcat, and a Yamaha TW200...I bought the project bikes and I will get one complete re-do of my choice. Fatcat has no clutch and has elect start/kick start combo...I am leaning towards the FC. BW200 with 12" tractor tires with 4 lbs of air can climb a tree trunk but I don't like dealing with a clutch in sidesee situations.....and the TW200 will go just about anywhere the others do but also is a fine road bike to get to the hunt area. I have had a Rokon...60 degree climbs but too scary for this old man !! Any advice??

27-Apr-21
TW200 would be my choice. So I could ride it on the road if need be.

27-Apr-21

altitude sick's embedded Photo
altitude sick's embedded Photo
TW200 is a great choice. It’s on the far side in the pic. I’m not real proud of the shorts and no helmets. We were going in from this cabin base camp. Hiding the bikes and walking from there to spike. I didn’t want to leave my helmet in the brush. Looking back. Didn’t make a lot of sense. :^)

27-Apr-21

huntinelk's embedded Photo
I really like my BW 200, it is geared low enough that the clutch is really a nonissue. It will go anywhere you really need to go and still has enough speed that you can cover distance when conditions allow. I did a Harley seat swap and extended the rear rack, added foot peg wideners and some led lights. I also have a Rokon with a Honda motor swap, it is really neat and a novelty machine. It is really overkill and slow unless you are always doing non trail bushwacking.

27-Apr-21

27-Apr-21
Love the seat and rack upgrade. That’s a great rig!

27-Apr-21
I had a friend that had a bike like huntinelk. It had front and back suspenision and I think a 6hp briggs engine. It was not hard to drive, with no hand clutch. It had a back and front rack. It was not fast, but would go just about anyplace. It was great in the woods, with the trees in all. Funny a few weeks back I was thinking of trying to find myself one like that. Ed

27-Apr-21

This Rokon 2X2 started as a 1967 with the Power Bee, I converted it to a Chinese copy of a Honda 110cc motor and modernized a bunch of other stuff on it. This is a practice run for a trip to Idaho back in 2006.

27-Apr-21
That pretty cool

28-Apr-21
Gene's rokon finished product is way cool...makes me want to get into that again...I have a friend with a Rokon Ranger, (honda engine) been in his garage 15+ years....He quit using it as the front wheel drive chain kept breaking ??

Joe

28-Apr-21

huntinelk's Link
Should be able to find the cause of the broken front chain on here.

29-Apr-21

wyliecoyote's embedded Photo
wyliecoyote's embedded Photo
Here is a pic of his 1st rebuild endeavor....even has a solar charger for the LED spotlight !! He has 2 more to build and will sell when done. Many upgrades from larger foot pegs to upgraded electronic CDI for performance.

29-Apr-21
Gene, Thanks for the tip...i forwarded the website to my buddy with the Rokon.

Joe

• Sitka Gear