Grey Ghost 29-Apr-21
bghunter 29-Apr-21
Will 29-Apr-21
Ok...Russ 29-Apr-21
JL 29-Apr-21
bigswivle 29-Apr-21
DRR324 29-Apr-21
28-Apr-21
I know this isn't bowhunting related, but people on here have a lot of varied experience in various areas.

I will be traveling to Tampa Bay in Sept and looking for a fishing guide for a 4 hour inshore fishing trip.

Have done some internet checking and found a few, but I trust the opinions of people on this site.

Thanks

28-Apr-21
Justin Moore or his dad Scott

28-Apr-21
Mike Kayser ,Geoff Page,Ray Markham they they’re all good.Good luck Lewis

28-Apr-21
Not right in Tampa but just did one a few weeks ago with captain casey from Longboat Bay Charters 518 Bayview Dr, Longboat Key, FL 34228 She did an awesome job for our family

28-Apr-21
In Tampa now, sent messages to two of the "top rated" Tarpon guides and got no response? Headed out in the morning with a cousin out of St Pete.

28-Apr-21
Hard to get the good tarpon guys right now Sito, they’re probably booked.

28-Apr-21
Figured as much Conner, and late notice on my end, guess I just expected a response of some sort.

28-Apr-21
Good luck, tarpon bite is on fire right now in Charlotte harbor(70 miles south of st Pete)

28-Apr-21
The busy season.

28-Apr-21
Jason Prieto - Steady Action Charters. I have fished with him 3 times and am fishing with him again in June.

28-Apr-21
PM sent

29-Apr-21

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Redfish, snook, and tarpon are all on fire around Sanibel Island right now.

Matt

29-Apr-21

bghunter's embedded Photo
bghunter's embedded Photo
Thanks for the all the information. I knew you guys would come through.

I just wish I was there for the Tarpon run.

Caught a nice bull shark though last week, north of Tampa

29-Apr-21
No ideas on guides, I just have explored that area and stalked the Sun Coast Flyfishers (I think that's the name of the club)... But man, the wade fishing all over the place in that area can be frigging fantastic! SOOOO fun with many species.

29-Apr-21
Heading to Captiva Island last week of May. Not going for tarpon as the group we're with aren't die hard but hope to catch a mess of yellow tail snapper and sheepshead for the grill. Redfish and speckled trout are catch and release. Love catching fish but goal here is dinner! Appreciate the contacts you provided Matt - just not going to be able to use either given our timeframe and such. Best of luck bghunter.

29-Apr-21
FWIW.....I haven't been to St Pete in a long time. I was stationed there in 1981-1983. I used to wade fish by the old Sunshine Skyway bridge. Find a place to park near a grass flat and hit it. Used tandem trout touts and did well on the trout. I don't know how the parking is now....but back then there was plenty of parking along the road leading up to the spans. Any grass flat seemed to hold trout.

29-Apr-21
Mangrove snapper bite should be good with that full moon at end of may Russ. One of the best eating snapper IMO

29-Apr-21

DRR324's embedded Photo
DRR324's embedded Photo
Spent last week at Fort Myers beach. Fished one day with Paul Hobby (fishing hobby.com). Weather wasn’t good for tarpon so we targeted snook. Got my PB. I did manage to hook a 100+ tarpon from the beach, my 10wt was no match for it...

• Sitka Gear