Contributors to this thread:
KB 05-May-21
orionsbrother 05-May-21
Woods Walker 05-May-21
Rgiesey 05-May-21
iceman 06-May-21
KB 06-May-21
05-May-21
Most of you probably won’t think this is as cool as I do. However I spend large swaths of my year out of cell service and utilize my oversized iPhone storage capabilities to download all sorts of things, largely hunting related media. Anything from books, shows, maps, podcasts, harvest/draw stats, regulation booklets, application supplements, etc. You name it, I’ve got days worth of crap saved to my phone usually.

I’ve been cruising Bowsite hunt recaps for probably 20 years now. The threads with links to the classics pop up from time to time and it’s fun to scan back through some of the adventures. While sifting through Will’s latest I decided I’d try to save it for later and really dig in when I’m off the grid with more time to kill. As with any PDF I normally save I tapped on the share button at the bottom of my screen and tried to save it to my Books app. With a lot of websites this will simply make a copy of the specific part of the page you are looking at. However it saved the entire thread in PDF form with big bright pics and laid out just like I was reading it on a desktop.

In the process of doing this with a bunch of my old favorites. I’ve mentioned in another thread or two, but if you’re viewing on an Apple mobile device anyway, if you rotate your screen horizontally a bunch of those old pics that have seemingly disappeared in those classic threads will come back to life. They save into the PDF file just fine. Anyway, I thought a few of you might get some enjoyment out of this.

05-May-21
Genius!! I’m going to try that.

05-May-21
I must really be old, because I have absolutely NO idea of what you're talking about! :-o

05-May-21
No idea either kaleb

06-May-21
Thanks for the tip!

06-May-21

KB's embedded Photo
Share button is the box with the upward arrow.
KB's embedded Photo
Share button is the box with the upward arrow.
KB's embedded Photo
Bring up the books app option to save to.
KB's embedded Photo
Bring up the books app option to save to.
KB's embedded Photo
Kevin Dill solo moose hunt.
KB's embedded Photo
Kevin Dill solo moose hunt.
KB's embedded Photo
Hit the aA button and turn on ‘vertical scrolling’. It’s a 100 page Bowsite classic thread booklet!
KB's embedded Photo
Hit the aA button and turn on ‘vertical scrolling’. It’s a 100 page Bowsite classic thread booklet!
Haha, no worries for the confused. If you don’t have an Apple mobile device or any desire to save stuff on it you’re understandably in the dark I’m sure! Here’s a few screenshots though to help explain. I’d imagine this can be done on an Android, but I’m not familiar.

• Sitka Gear