JL 27-May-21
4nolz@work 27-May-21
WV Mountaineer 27-May-21
JL 27-May-21
wilhille 28-May-21
Ollie 28-May-21
JL 28-May-21
20-May-21
Surprised someone didn't mention this earlier (weeks ago). Go Tebow! :-)

IMO....he stands a decent chance to make the final roster.

20-May-21
Only to sell tickets.. Five second 40 won't scare anybody.

20-May-21
its time for fans to take the NFL back, they ran Tebow out laughing at him for kneeling to God and hailed Keapernick for kneeling against the USA.I hope he succeeds and I hope Kaepernick becomes a footnote.

20-May-21
Mike x2

20-May-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Jaq...he ran a 4.8 40. Considering his size....that seems pretty good. I seen a pic of him today and he buffed up for the new assignment. I suspected about 2 months ago this was coming as he did a couple of work out vids going heavy. He's hungry so I suspect he will do good and bring up those around him. Considering Jax was 1-15 last year.....I'd say the odds are they can only go up with new coaches and climate. The TE coaches liked him. We'll see if he even makes the team. IMO....trading him out vs keeping him behind Manning to learn and develop more was a major Elway gaff. He could have taken over when Manning got hurt or retired. Instead Denver has sank in the QB department since Manning left. Elway owns that one.

I'm speculating here.....if that new #1 drafted QB with the Bruce Jenner doo flames out, I would not be surprised if the Tebow chant starts up.

20-May-21
I haven’t watched pro sports in years. Oops I take that back. I just watched a doped horse run a week ago

20-May-21
Tebow was not run out of the NFL because he's religious. There's tons of football players who are religious.

He is gone because he sucks and cannot complete passes at the NFL level.

20-May-21
Yeah believe that

20-May-21
I do believe that. And Jacksonville will find out the same thing.

20-May-21
Do you think Kaepernick is good enough?

20-May-21
He’s not there to complete passes, this time. I agree that he just wasn’t good enough to make it as a QB at the NFL level, long term. Been out of the league for quite awhile, plus at an unfamiliar position as well. I’d say the odds are against him making it, but I would LOVE nothing better than for him to prove the naysayers wrong. I’m a big Tebow fan. Not the football player, the man. IMO, he’s a tremendous positive role model.

20-May-21
I like Tebow a lot, but he has bad mechanics. Really hoped he would succeed here in Denver. Multiple coaches and gurus from different teams as well as independent coaches, worked with him but a leopard can't change its spots. If you can't complete 50% of your passes to NFL receivers, especially pro bowl caliber, you ain't an NFL quarterback.

20-May-21
I'm not into pro sports but when you mix Tebow's terrible completion numbers and his phenomenal yards per completion stats, he was fine. Lots of reasons players don't get held onto long enough to see if they develop.

20-May-21
I hope he makes it. I like seeing good things happen to good people. But it won’t help them against the CHIEFS lol.

20-May-21
Take this for what it's worth. It is from when he was still playing QB. Someone else did the research and put it together. It's a long read but has some stuff that usually gets overlooked. I guess I root for the guy because he is a great person and always seems to attacked or belittled for his faith yet keeps plugging away. A perpetual underdog.

100.5 QB rating is best ever for a Broncos QB in his first start. * Longest TD run by a QB in Broncos history (40 yds). * Longest TD run by a QB in his first start in NFL history (40 yds.) * Third most passing yards in a game by a Bronco rookie QB. (308, in his 2nd start) * First 15+ point comeback in the final 3 minutes of an NFL game since the merger. * Longest TD run in the final minute of a game in NFL history. * Most carries in a game by a QB (22) since 1950. (Vs Chargers) * Most yards per completion (31.6) in NFL playoff history. * Longest overtime postseason TD pass in NFL history. * Most 30+ yard completions in one quarter in NFL postseason history. * Passer rating of 125.6 is highest ever in Broncos postseason history. * 7 come from behind 4th Q or overtime victories. ..

Tebow's Quietly Historic Production There are two underlying reasons why Tebow is so effective, two reasons that explain his impressive Real Quarterback Rating week after week. 1. He gets the ball in the end zone more often than any QB in football today 2. He protects the football better than any QB in football today

The Broncos clearly have not scored a lot of points with Tebow at quarterback. In fact, Denver has averaged just 19.3 points per game in Tebow's six starts and has scored 18 points or fewer in five of those games. And clearly, the defense has improved dramatically in recent weeks, either purely as coincidence or as a by-product of the fact that Tebow has helped the team improve in all areas by protecting the football.

But Tebow himself has been deadly with the ball in his hands. He produces touchdowns at an amazing clip, better than any quarterback in football in his brief career. Here's a comparison of Tebow vs. some of the more prolific quarterbacks in recent history. Career percentage of touches that result in a TD: Tim Tebow -- 6.0 percent Aaron Rodgers -- 5.7 percent Peyton Manning -- 5.5 percent Tom Brady -- 5.1 percent Drew Brees -- 4.7 percent John Elway -- 3.9 percent Wow. Tebow may not pass the ball effectively. But he's produced an incredible 22 touchdowns (13 passing, nine rushing) in just 368 touches (225 pass attempts, 121 rush attempts, 22 sacks). Nobody in football gets the ball in the end zone more often.

More importantly, Tebow takes incredibly good care of the football. We track something at Cold, Hard Football Facts called the "interception ladder." It shows us that every interception decreases your chances of winning by about 20 percentage points. In other words, interceptions are destructive plays that severely limit a team's ability to win games.

But the Broncos are winning not just because Tebow protects the football, but because he protects it better than any QB in the game today. Here's how he stacks up against some of the more prolific QBs in the game today. Career interception percentage: Tim Tebow -- 1.78 percent Aaron Rodgers -- 1.83 percent Tom Brady -- 2.2 percent Drew Brees -- 2.71 percent Peyton Manning -- 2.75 percent John Elway -- 3.1 percent Add in that Tebow has lost just one fumble in his career (with four INT) and his turnover rate is an incredibly miniscule 1.4 percent. Tebow has suffered just two turnovers all year, one interception and one fumble. Both of those turnovers came in the Detroit game, his lone loss this year. He has a clean slate, zero turnovers, in Denver's five victories this year.

Superior All-Around Production At QB There's no doubt that Tebow's passing accuracy has been spotty at times. At the end of the day, though, he has consistently outplayed the other team's quarterbacks. The problem is that most analysts are limited in their ability to analyze and compare quarterbacks with anything more concrete than the old eye test. Or they look at stats that simply do not matter at the end of the day, such as passing yards, and can't figure out how Tebow is winning games.

Smarter analysts might know to look at critical measures of passing success, such as yards per attempt or passer rating -- indicators that traditionally have a very high correlation to victory. But even those indicators fail to tell the whole story of Tim Tebow. Enter Cold, Hard Football Facts.com's Real Quarterback Rating, which we introduced over the summer and which has quickly proven itself the most important indicator in football outside of final score. CHFF Real Quarterback Rating measures all aspects of quarterback play, passing, rushing, sacks, fumbles, etc., and spits it out in a number substantially similar to passer rating and that uses the same formula as passer rating. (Passer rating, while extraordinarily useful in its own right, measures only passing and nothing else -- even if many fans and analysts erroneously refer to it as "quarterback rating.")

Our introduction of Real QB Rating this year has proven fortuitous. After all, it provides a perfect way to compare Tebow to opposing passers. (Get a full explanation of Real Quarterback Rating in the footnotes below.)

Here's how Tebow stacks up against each opposing quarterback this year in traditional passer rating and in Real Quarterback Rating. Week 7 -- Denver 18, Miami 15 Matt Moore: 92.6 passer rating; 69.6 Real QB Rating Tim Tebow: 91.7 passer rating; 80.5 Real QB Rating Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+10.9) Week 8 -- Detroit 45, Denver 10 Matt Stafford-Shaun Hill: 126.0 passer rating; 118.2 Real QB Rating Tim Tebow: 56.8 passer rating; 48.2 Real QB Rating Real QB Rating advantage: Stafford (+70.0) Week 9 -- Denver 38, Oakland 24 Carson Palmer: 79.7 passer rating; 69.4 Real QB Rating Tim Tebow: 98.1 passer rating; 108.2 Real QB Rating Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+38.8) Week 10 -- Denver 17, Kansas City 10 Matt Cassel-Tyler Palko: 73.2 passer rating; 67.9 Real QB Rating Tim Tebow: 102.6 passer rating; 122.7 Real QB Rating Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+54.8) Week 11 -- Denver 17, N.Y. Jets 13 Mark Sanchez: 67.9 passer rating; 62.2 Real QB Rating Tim Tebow: 61.3 passer rating; 87.1 Real QB Rating Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+24.9) Week 12 -- Denver 16, San Diego 13 Philip Rivers: 77.1 passer rating, 68.8 Real QB Rating Tim Tebow: 95.4 pass rating, 94.4 Real QB Rating Real QB Rating advantage: Tebow (+25.6)

In other words, Tebow is no statistical circus freak winning in spite of himself. Tebow's Broncos are winning because he consistently outperforms the opposing quarterback when you take into account all aspects of production: passing, running, sacks, total touchdowns, interceptions and fumbles. In fact, he consistently outperforms them by a wide margin. Denver is 5-0 when Tebow produces a higher Real QB Rating than the opposing quarterback and 0-1 when the other team has the advantage. And those results are no coincidence. After all, it turns out that no stat in football outside final score -- indeed, maybe no stat in North American sports, period -- is more important than Real QB Rating this season when it comes time to separate winners and losers.

21-May-21
He should have agreed to be moved around to different positions when he was still in the NFL during his first stint and much younger . Look at Taysom Hill on the Saints, plays anywhere, was a QB in College at BYU.

The biggest problem Tebow has going for him he can’t fix- AGE,

21-May-21
Good for Tebow, hope it works out for him.

21-May-21
He was always a quarterback trapped in a TE/LB’s body! ;-)

Once he let it be known he was a devout Christian and that he “walked the walk” he became a target!

IMO, he should be looked up to for everything he does OFF the field, rather than ON it!

21-May-21
He was a dinner speaker, a couple years ago, at a local University. He provided some really good advise, encouragement, and inspiration. Appeared to be very strong in his faith and convictions.

I hope he does well.

My only negative critique........Tim, move up at least one size in clothing.........everything is too tight. :-)

21-May-21
Always fun to see an underdog do well. This is feeling like a stunt, but we shall see. I mean, a guy in his 30's doing something totally new relative to his historical skill set is a pretty hard sell when it comes to making it as a pro athlete. He's got the size, and is athletic, so maybe... Hopefully it works for a season or two or three for the guy and he helps the team.

21-May-21
Physically speaking.....he is in great shape and doesn't have a beat up body like Gronk. I think that is a big plus.

21-May-21
"Do you think Kaepernick is good enough?"

Nope. He sucks too. He's also a douche.

21-May-21
Thumbs up

21-May-21
Rut is right, he sucked as a passer, good runner. That’s why he’ll never be an nfl qb. I think if he stick with it this time and gives up his qb dreams he will do well. There’s always a wildcat play he would definitely be useful for

21-May-21
Redux 2011..........2021 playoffs.....Jax vs Steelers....Tebow vs Roethlisberger Round #2. You heard it here first!!

21-May-21
Rut is right, he sucked as a passer, good runner. That’s why he’ll never be an nfl qb. I think if he stick with it this time and gives up his qb dreams he will do well. There’s always a wildcat play he would definitely be useful for

21-May-21
He hit the passes when they counted. I don't see him as the QB....unless Trevor Lawrence gets hurt or sucks and the #2 and #3 QB's aren't getting it done. That wouldn't be till later in the season though. In Denver I think it was 5 games into the season.

21-May-21
I like this. No brainer. Priority 1: Culture Change. Coaches do this sort of thing. They reach back in the past to change the future. Priority 2: Tebow knows the O from a QB perspective; he could be a legitimate asset. He can give licks and take them. Oh, yeah, sell lots of jerseys. Also, consider the macros of the last few years. The NFL could use this.

21-May-21
I like Tebow and I was hoping he would make it in baseball. It would be cool to see him do well this time around in football, but I think it's a long shot at his age. Unfortunately he was too stubborn to play another position the first time around. That was the real reason he didn't last in the NFL. The reason he didn't make it in baseball was because he couldn't hit a slider, like just about everyone else on earth. I wish him the best. It will be interesting.

21-May-21
Not there to throw passes..... I'm guessing he'll catch a few though. It's what teams wanted him to do for a long time but he was basically I'm a QB or nothing. Now he's missed the game and wants to be a part of it. A solid stable vet in one of the youngest locker rooms in the league is a good thing. And you know.... his talents do lend well to blowing a playbook wide open....

Like a boxer.... the last thing they lose is their punch. Lots of folks said Foreman had no business making a comeback. Turns out it was a legendary, historic and highly successful move.

If Tebow makes a catch.... I pity the DB........ gonna guess he's still got his very well earned reputation as packing a punch. One thing they can't take away..... the boy has no quit in him. Unlike some others..... you will see his best effort and then some.

22-May-21

22-May-21
Big Tebow fan here

22-May-21
I wish him the best of luck. I still will not watch professional sports, too far down the political sewer for me.

22-May-21
Good point about deflecting the spotlight from Lawrence.

22-May-21
I like Tebow (although I am a UGA grad)…guy has a lot of heart! This kinda feels like a stunt as Tebow has a HUGE following in the JAX area and Meyer is his college coach.

23-May-21
I'm not so sure this is a stunt more than Meyer trying to give a close friend a chance. That is not unheard of in pro sports....it's just this one stirs views either way.

I did see a list of folks with criminal pasts/accusations being allowed to play in the NFL.

23-May-21
He was hammered on because of his faith. He was run off because of his uncool dedication to the Lord. He is also everything detractors say he was.

But, I wouldn’t bet against any man that has his physical attributes while playing football. I would hate to be the men charged with stopping him. And, the only chance he has at failing is if this not be the direction God has for him.

One thing is for sure. He is a winner. Has not one ounce of fear about giving it his best. And, he’s made it known he makes no walk alone. The only unknown is does God want him there.

23-May-21
Tebow is Trump in the football world. People hate him no matter what or love him no matter what. One thing is for certain - not one person criticizing him - has seen him take even one snap as a TE. The woke talking heads at ESPN heads are exploding over this - they have doomed him - even saying its racist.

He may not make the team - or maybe he does as a second or third TE/gadget player. how about we just wait and see and let his actions speak for themselves. Either way this is a win/win for Jacksonville and a brilliant move by Meyers that costs the team almost nothing, the upside is tremendous. The Jags were a dumpster fire last year - Tebows fan base alone is 4 times bigger than the Jags fan base.

Nobody was talking about or cared about the Jags last year. This year they have Trevor, Meyers and Tebow...all 3 are GODS in the State of Florida. Other than A-A-Ron this story dominates in the football world. Pure genius all the way around actually!

23-May-21
Hardcore......

23-May-21
He’s an animal. A true brute of a human. I think he still has the power cling record at Florida. The guy is a wrecking ball.

4.8 speed is as good or better then 60% of the whole NFL. Even at his age. All positions too. So, he’s plenty quick enough. He’s definitely strong enough. And, physically framed to withstand the abuse. I can’t imagine why it’s taken so long to explore his potential at other positions.

If he makes the team, there are going to be a lot of men that’ll benefit from him being in that huddle.

There is nothing like being one minded amongst 11 men. And, there is always a guy in the huddle that shouldn’t be according to paper. But, he’s there because he’s smarter, tougher, more dedicated, and has the heart of a lion. That’s the guy everyone draws inspiration from when they are tired, wore down, injured, and hurting. That’s the guy that never quits. That’s Tebow.

23-May-21
Seems like a good guy with his head screwed on straight and quick to give credit to others for success while quick to take ownership when things go wrong. He will either make it or not performance-wise but if pro sports were more about guys with his attitude and less about people with poor attitudes, I could see becoming interested.

23-May-21
whats Gronks 40? Its TE its not WR.

23-May-21

JL's Link
^....I seen an ESPN stat that showed when Gronk was a young guy in 2010 it was 4.75. It showed Tebow was 4.72.

The burners are much faster.

25-May-21
I think he'll see playing time on wildcat or short yardage plays. I wish him the best, he's a hard worker, a heck of a physical specimen, and a truly good guy in a time when lots of clowns are getting headlines.

25-May-21
“ Seems like a good guy with his head screwed on straight and quick to give credit to others for success while quick to take ownership when things go wrong. He will either make it or not performance-wise but if pro sports were more about guys with his attitude and less about people with poor attitudes, I could see becoming interested.”

Watch more hockey. Totally different culture.

25-May-21
I like him, liked him in Denver even when he was over throwing wide open receivers by 10 yards. It's a shame he waited until now to try a different position instead of developing the TE skill set. You dont just show up and learn to run NFL routes to get open against today's linebackers who are as big, or bigger, faster, and pros at defending Tight Ends. But he's a hell of an athlete so he may become a very good blocking TE/wildcat option for someone creative like Meyer.

25-May-21
^^ you also don't show up and get thrown in the fire at NFL QB.

25-May-21
He’s been out of football for a while so he doesn’t have all the ware and tear. He also takes extremely good care of himself. If he makes the roster, that’s what, 900k? Not a bad living for a few months

25-May-21
Just guessing....I can see Tebow's QB background being used in one of the hybrid TE/HB roles. It would make sense to keep the defense guessing on why Tebow is in there. I would hope the new coach will get one of the other TE's to step up and have a bigger role in the passing/receiving side of it. That would make it that much harder for the defense to figure out.

If the new, rookie QB gets hurt or isn't cutting it and the back-up QB isn't cutting it....it doesn't take genius to figure out who the fans will be calling for. That might put the coach in a bad spot. Do you let the team struggle with the #1 and #2 QB or do you bring in Tebow who was hired as a TE kinda guy?

26-May-21
A lot of you guys don’t seem to realize that players are drafted and given scholarships on their physical and coachable abilities versus their raw talent at a position.

Many a high school quarterback becomes a safety or wide receiver. After playing the position for 10 years. Probably 80% of college linebackers played running back their whole lives before playing college ball.

Quit listening to espn. They are wrong about 75% of the time. And, are paid to give “logical” critics a platform.

26-May-21
The NFL doesn’t care if you abuse women, accused of murder, rape, sell drugs, take them or all the above... and they surely don’t care if you praise god, Allah, or Buddha. If you can perform you are in the field. Those of you that think Tebow was ran out of the NFL for his religion are silly. He simply wasn’t good enough at QB. Even relegated to special teams with the Jets. This is nothing more than a ploy by the worst team/roster in football to generate interest. There is a reason Tebow has been out of the league for 9 years. If he makes the team Meyer lose the locker room Jacksonville compiles 8 wins in 3 years and the search for a new coach begins.

26-May-21
^.....He never was given a chance to develop as a QB last time. That is why I mentioned earlier Elway blew it not keeping him behind Manning to learn and develop more. It would have been a heck of a 1 - 2 punch.

26-May-21
Always going to be different opinions. And, I can’t say that RIT is wrong in his assessment of Tebows QB performance. But, it’s called a team for a reason. You could take Payton Manning and put him in a scheme that required him to be mobile and he would have failed. So, it isn’t as black and white as detractors make it out to be.

Also, religion doesn’t matter to the NFL. Only Christianity is on the block. That’s not a religion. It’s a relationship. That’s the difference and that’s why it draws criticism when religion doesn’t. From the NFL and all other facets in life. That’s the way it’s always been. And, that’s the way it will always be.

On a side note, Meyers is building this program just like Jimmy Johnson built the cowboys. Young players now become dominant with good coaching. My guess is Jacksonville will be in the playoffs within 2-3 years. Conference champs within 5. And, will be Super Bowl champs, if they give him free reign, under his coaching. He’s like Tebow, he is a winner and this will be no different.

They’ll never win much if Tebow is starting QB. Everyone knows that. But, it’d be negligent to think this is a stunt. I’m betting the backers and other secondary players lining up against Tebow don’t feel that way. I imagine they know what’s coming. A TEAM with one goal. Winning.

I don’t watch the NFL anymore. But, dang it man, this is going to make it hard not to.

26-May-21
Belichick has made a 30 year career out of signing unnamed undrafted free agents, and changing guys positions to suit his system. Every other year it seems a team (Niners, Bills, Lions) takes a flyer on a European Rugby player or Soccer player and signs them - never having played football - it rarely gets National attention.

Again, lets let it play out he may not make the team. If he does make the team as a second TE - so what. What would be his expectations as a back-up TE?

How many of you can name the starting TE on all the NFL teams...maybe 5, 10 TE's at most if your a real football nut.

How many can name the back-up TE of all teams...any team? See my point? If he makes it as a back-up and helps on special teams comes in on short yardage plays as a 2 TE set or goal line as a decoy thats equivalent to any other back-up. As a TE you are chip blocking most of the time you dont have to be a road grader. Additionally your reading defenses - certain coverages you stay in and block - others you take off on a rout. He is very suited for reading defense as a former QB.

As a back-up TE - maybe he is not an elite blocker or receiver (very few do both well), he's got one leg up on all the other TE's as a dual threat/decoy/gadget player, then being average at one or the other, add in his leadership and fan base, its still a no brainer for the team. He gets the league minimum salary - and it is NOT guaranteed - in football terms this cost a team nothing - compared to all the "upside".

26-May-21
I haven't been called silly in years.ESPN wants him to fail as well as people who are intimidated by Christianity.Good enough reason to wish him well (how hard is that) and I hate UF.Having him in Jax s good for Jax people love Tebow in Florida.

26-May-21
WV...great point about Manning's mobility....he sucked. I think Tebow at that time was ahead of the curve as a mobile QB. Old school coaching didn't like QB's taking off and running. He scored quit a few TD's running. Folks overlook that and focus on his dismal passing. If you look at the vids, some of that rests with the receivers not doing their part. IMO...the passing piece could have been improved behind Manning. After Tebow....tough, mobile QB's started to come into fashion.

26-May-21
Remember Jerry Rice ran a 4.7 forty and he did all right Good luck Lewis

26-May-21
I would love to see Tebow get 50-500-5 for JAX this year

26-May-21
I'm a fan...but there's an old joke:

"Tebow prayed for a Denver Superbowl so God sent Peyton Manning"

26-May-21
I’m a gator, so he can do absolutely no wrong in my eyes. Maybe hurry up and start making a baby boy, so we can have another Tebow in the future.

26-May-21
Ha! Im 4NOLZ!!!!! Actually I begrudgingly admit I think hes the real deal. :) Im a Veterinarian-whenever someone is popular you see dogs named after them-back in the day I posted on FB I was happy to announce I had castrated Tebow. :O

26-May-21
Lmao!!!

26-May-21
^...that's funny!

26-May-21
Lmao!!!

27-May-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
A buffed pic making the rounds today.....

27-May-21
Nah. It’s all a stunt. He’s a washed up wannabe cremepuff that can’t cut the mustard. Just ask ESPN and all the others who’s never played a down in their life. They’ll tell you all about him and his abilities.

27-May-21
I don’t understand the intense hatred of Tebow. Should be a very good guy to have in the locker room. Could play special teams. Maybe a few wildcat plays. Tebow is not taking anyone’s position away from them. If he does, then the displaced player was not very good and undeserving of a spot on the team.

27-May-21
In the old days....at least my old days....folks would always root for the underdog trying beat the odds and overcome the challenge in front of them. These days....that seems to be a thing of the past.

27-May-21
Ollie X2 and Im a Seminole fan!

27-May-21
JL, everyone still loves an underdog. Unless he’s a devout Christian. Then he’s just an over hyped hobo that sucks.

27-May-21
Here's the first vid I've seen of him actually moving and catching. He's pretty quick. I also see there is a former NY Giant player saying he seen Tebow try for a comeback and now he wants to give it a go too.

28-May-21
The NFL wants him in the league. They lost a certain demographic a few years back.

Sign Tebow, watch the middle age men line up to throw their panties at him (whether he sucks or not).

28-May-21
There is more to being a good receiver than how fast you run the 40 while running with track shoes and in gym shorts. It’s going to be fun to watch Tebow and see how he does. Will the Tebow haters admit they were wrong if he turns out to be decent at TE. The guy led Denver to a playoff win and all you heard from the haters was “yeah...but...”

28-May-21
I think one benefit for him is he already has time in the NFL, MLB and ESPN analyst. He is coming back into this with a pretty good resume of experience in fitness, competition and understanding many of the dynamics it takes to succeed. It of course doesn't mean he will......but he has a great foundation to springboard with. Aside from the former NYG player (Brandon Jacobs) who wants to come back inspired by Tebow, I suspect you will see other players who are inspired and toy with the idea of a return. That aspect of this story may get pretty good.

• Sitka Gear