CFMuley 30-May-21
Barry Wensel 30-May-21
BOHNTR 30-May-21
drycreek 30-May-21
JL 30-May-21
milnrick 30-May-21
BULELK1 31-May-21
29-May-21
Let us all remember what Memorial Day is all about ! While barbecue is always high on my list, that ain’t what it’s about. :-)

Remember the guys who gave so that we get to live relatively safe lives. Consider a monthly donation to a veteran’s program. Tunnels to Towers is mine, but there are others. Thanks !

29-May-21
God bless our Veterans, those who died for our freedom, and God Bless America!

29-May-21
Remembering ALL who served so that We The People can live free. Also, keep their families in mind. Deployment is not just tough on the ones serving overseas, it is tough on those at home as well. The entire family makes the commitment and sacrifices. May God Bless America and all who defend her both home and abroad.

29-May-21

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Blue Star goes to Gold Star when a Warrior is killed.
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Blue Star goes to Gold Star when a Warrior is killed.
Memorial Day remembers those who died defending our freedom. My Dad was in the 5th Division on Iwo Jima start to finish. His 18 year old, youngest brother, Marine in the 4th Division was Killed on Iwo 3/12/45. Five years later on 7/21/50, in week 4 of the Korean War his next youngest brother was Killed in Korea. Dad’s family paid a big price. God Bless the USA.

29-May-21
Charlie, Thats a great reminder of the level of sacrifice some families have given. This weekend isn’t even about us living Vets. It’s about those that didn’t come home.

29-May-21
Charlie, my Dad fought on Iwo with the 3rd Marine Division. I still have the jap sword he brought home with him.

drycreek, a big thumbs up on Tunnels for Towers. God bless everyone of them.

29-May-21
Americans owe everything to God first and the veterans second. They are the people who’ve worked to ensure we all get to live in this glorious country God gave the whole world.

29-May-21

jstephens61's embedded Photo
Some of my Dad’s from Vietnam. Lost him in 1966
jstephens61's embedded Photo
Some of my Dad’s from Vietnam. Lost him in 1966

29-May-21
The reason

29-May-21
My dads been gone since 92. He was wounded on Okinawa in 1945. My father in law is also long gone. He was in the battle of the bulge. Those guys and hundreds of thousands more before them, and more recently including Korea, Viet Nam and the Mid East wars are owed our deepest gratitude.

29-May-21
Great call on remembering why we observe Memorial Day. When you have that bbq or dinner....remember to raise a toast to those who sacrificed and went before us.

29-May-21
My dad and 4 of his brothers served in WW 2 Dad was in Europe for over 3 years and was in the bunch that stumbled upon and took Dachau they could not believe the horrors they uncovered.Dad told quite a few stories about the war but did not speak of Dachau until he was 88 he passed when he turned 89.He and his brothers made it back home.God bless our veterans and those that gave the ultimate sacrifice.Lewis

29-May-21
Lost my brother in vietnam March 21st 1967.

29-May-21
100% on board with the meaning of the holiday. God bless our military veterans and their families. Prayers for those families who lost loved ones serving the USA.

29-May-21
Yes Happy Memorial Day! My dad served in Europe just post WW2 occupation, brother in law served 5 tours in Iraq and Afghanistan and my nephew is currently ROTC and training for Army Airborn. Proud of all that have and will serve.

29-May-21
One of my prized possessions is the Purple Heart earned by the uncle that raised me. I remember the day a sniper shot him through his clavicle during the Battle of the Bulge. May we remember all that served and their families that lived through those wars as if the war was at their doorstep.

29-May-21
God bless this GREAT NATION and to all our veterans!!

My dad was a navy fighter pilot flying the F6F Hellcat and my father-in -law was in the 82nd Airborne in Europe during WWII. One of my proudest memories of my navy career was making my first carrier landing as a flight student on the same carrier my father was on during WWII, the USS Lexington.

29-May-21

JL's Link
Attached is a real good History Channel link reviewing the history of Memorial Day and some tidbits of history.

29-May-21

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/52TKsBrF8DU

29-May-21
Semper Fi and Gods Speed to those we've lost.. I sure hope they are not to disappointed in us now. We can do better for them.

29-May-21

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
A Debt That Can Never Be Repaid. May God Bless Them All!
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
A Debt That Can Never Be Repaid. May God Bless Them All!

29-May-21
Great thread! Thanks!

30-May-21
Yep Drycreek unless you are the Vice President then it is just a long weekend to enjoy. What a great choice she was but then I guess that says a lot about the guy that picked her.

30-May-21
I wear my Navy Dress Whites on Memorial Day and my Dress Blues on Veterans day.

'Nam ribbons ect.

Mine are the old school Cracker Jack Navy style uniforms.

Good luck, Robb

30-May-21
Robb, proud of ya! Wish I could fit in my Blues. Working on it and getting closer, maybe by Veterans Days.

30-May-21
Thanks to all who served!

30-May-21
Had several friends leave and not come home swing deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan, their sacrifice will never be forgotten. Nor any of the men and women who came before or after them. Prayers to those who’ve lost loved ones protecting our country!

30-May-21

ahunter76's embedded Photo
ahunter76's embedded Photo
I served 5 years Navy Corpsman & 2 of those with 2nd Bn 7th Marines. Big Brother retired Navy Chief 20+ recently passed & younger brother Army all in the chit in nam. I also served 3 years Army reserves after active duty. Sadly, many of us know those who paid the ultimate.. God Bless them & their fa,ilies.

30-May-21

Mule Power's embedded Photo
Mule Power's embedded Photo
Your day at the beach brought to you by their day on the beach. Don’t take your freedom for granted. Who in this day in age would have the balls to do what they had to? Never forget!

30-May-21
Awesome, Robb! Thanks to all who served. Just attended a funeral for a young woman Conservation officer who died in the line of duty this week. The funeral- ceremonies for a fallen officer were so fitting on this weekend. Actually overwhelming. never saw so many law enforcement in one place,. Taps always gets to me, had bagpipers, large color guard, folding of the flag, flyover of helicopters, and then of course the final radio call to the officer 3 times, and finally dispatch announcing she is out of service! Wow! Get tears again just typing this. A big thank you to all military and law enforcement that have and are serving us in this great country!

30-May-21
I fly the United States stars and strips every day and it brings a tear to my eye when I do think of those that sacrificed and gave it all. USAF 1959 - 63. God bless those that did and God bless us all. Paul

30-May-21
A day of remembrance and thanks for all those true heroes gave the ultimate sacrifice for all of us.

30-May-21
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." - spoken by Jesus

30-May-21
A day to remember all who have sacrificed so much in the name of our amazing land. Thank you, to all who who do serve, have served... And who we have lost.

30-May-21
I lost my dad in '99. He spent over 22 years in the US Army and served on Okinawa and in Korea. Dad sleeps the sleep of a hero in Arlington National Cemetery in Washington, D.C. among his brethren. Semper Fi.

30-May-21
“Enjoy the long weekend.” - Kamala Harris

30-May-21
My wife's Dad was a gentile, quiet man from the village of Freedom, New Hampshire. For the 25 years I knew him, before he passed away from a brain tumor, we never had a negative word. I knew he was an infantryman on the front lines in WWII. After his death, my mother-in-law gave me his service pistol. Little did I know. The couple times I brought up his service to our country he got really quiet and avoided the questions. I could tell he was uncomfortable so I just dropped it and never brought it up again. Just two years ago my oldest son started doing some research on his grandfather. He found the "shoe box" full of war ribbons and medals. What he found was hard to believe so I started researching it myself. For those who are unfamiliar, the Silver Star is the third highest medal given in the Army. It's two under the Congressional Medal of Honor. It's rightfully a big deal if you are awarded one. My father-in-law, Chester Jones, was awarded THREE Silver Stars. I have a cousin who retired a full Colonel who worked in the Pentagon. He said he never heard of anyone who was awarded three. He said he was surprised he wasn't considered for a CMH. Chet also had a Bronze Star and a Purple Heart. This quiet, reserved, mild-mannered gentleman was the kind of real patriotic hero we all owe so much for today. God bless him and all of our war heroes who fought for our freedom... not just today but every day. BW

30-May-21

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo

30-May-21
Great post Mr. Wensel. I had to read it aloud to my wife. Many, many times our greatest heroes are such unassuming, salt of the earth type guys. R. I. P. Chester Jones !

30-May-21
Barry....I was also going to suggest a high level review of the three Silver Stars. The VFW and DAV may be of some help too. A salute to Chester Jones!

My neighbor in Florida has one from combat in VN (Army).

30-May-21
I served in the USAF from '72 to '97. I was stationed in Florennes BE from 1984-85 and spent Memorial Day 1985 attending a Memorial Service at the Mardasson Memorial in Bastogne, Luxemburg. It was one of (if not THE) most moving experiences of my USAF career.

The Mardasson is an obelisk shaped like a star, it contains the name of every American soldier who lost his life during the Battle Of The Bulge.

Following the service we visited two US Military Cemeteries, the resting place for those soldiers who paid the ultimate price. Every Cross (headstone) standing in perfect formation on a hill side. Each cross bears the name, rank and date of a soldier's passing. At the crest of the hill, facing down hill toward the crosses was Patton's grave.

The memory of that day moves me as much today as much as it did then.

Tomorrow morning I'll wake up and lower my flag to half staff in remembrance of those who gave all they could for freedom.

Never forget.

31-May-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
Hey thanks!

Yes the old Wool Dress Blues, itchy SOB's.....

I haven't been able to fit into them over all the years as I did jump up to 254lbs one year, back in the day.

Good luck, Robb

31-May-21

Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Altitude Sickness 's embedded Photo
Here is the Croswell Michigan American Legion post 255 at an event Saturday. We hit 4 cemeteries and 2 parades Memorial Day morning

• Sitka Gear