jingalls 08-Jun-21
Quinn @work 08-Jun-21
GhostBird 10-Jun-21
Paul@thefort 10-Jun-21
GhostBird 10-Jun-21
SlipShot 10-Jun-21
Punix 13-Jun-21
03-Jun-21
The other picture posting thread, which I am sure is going to be awesome, immediately made me think of this and I didn't want to hijack.

Post a picture that is a reminder of your greatest bowhunting memory or memories and explain why it is or they are so important to you. Picture doesn't have to be great, just the story that goes with it. I am sure many have more than one.

03-Jun-21

ahunter76's embedded Photo
Took my son when he was 16 bowhunting Quebec Caribou (1990). Awesome time & I videoed all & made DVD to watch & remember.

03-Jun-21

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Had to be my sheep hunt. Lots of hard work went into that hunt. From losing 45ish pounds from drawing tag to start of hunt. To spending 14 days mostly above treeline during the hunt. Great memories, lots of effort, and would love to do it again.

03-Jun-21
Awesome pics guys. John....that is the first time I've seen that pic. Simply amazing!

03-Jun-21
Bowfreak you need to get on here more often. ;) I have posted it a few times!

03-Jun-21
I don’t have a picture of my first bow killed buck, a 2.5 year old seven point, but I sure was proud of him ! Shot with a Bear Whitetail II, Easton Autumn Orange arrows and a Savora broadhead (I think). Remember that hunt like it was yesterday.......

04-Jun-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
The Young Buck and his first ever high mountain creek Trout
BULELK1's embedded Photo
The Young Buck and his first ever high mountain creek Trout

04-Jun-21

SIP's embedded Photo
SIP's embedded Photo
Was a pretty special day.

04-Jun-21

Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Wild Bill's embedded Photo
To our horror we watched about three dozen caterpillars eating away at our dill plants. They were colorful and huge so we looked them up on the internet and learned they would transform into a Black Swallowtail butterfly. We captured about six of them and fed them inside large juice jugs. In a short time they became a chrysalis and so we stored them over the winter and took a pair of them to our grandchildren three hours away. Next spring we witnessed them emerge and snapped this picture as they first flexed their new wings.

04-Jun-21

Bow bender 's embedded Photo

04-Jun-21

04-Jun-21

04-Jun-21

04-Jun-21
First pic was an Ohio bow hunt two years ago, I shot this beauty .. but I almost left camp because of a problem at home and right before he came in I was pulling the bow up and the string got caught on a step after going down and clearing that I kicked some snow off my boots because it was squeaking on the stand platform I made more noise than I planned on getting the snow off and figured I alerted anything nearby and before I finished getting set up here he came .. You never know what’s gonna happen!! 2nd pic was a NM elk hunt (rifle) after 6 hard days my son rejoined me ( I made the mistake of not making sure he broke his boots in and he had bad blisters) and at the last bit of dark this bull came into a meadow and I got to share it with my son. 3rd pic was my son first Tom after being outsmarted by them for a few days we gave up and decided to get housework done we were hanging window treatments when we seen him wandering around in the field we dropped everything and scrambled to get dressed and our gear and went out the back door and into the timber and hour later my sons 12ga alarm woke up my wife and daughter and finally the last one was my sons first bow kill a 32 yard shot in the pouring rain after he had an 8 point 8 yards away and he was at full draw but no shot the buck knew something was off and turned and walked off keeping the tree between him and my son the way the often do , my son then turned the doe who was also onto us and as the sky opened up I was in the process of telling him not to shot with the rain but before I could get it out he released the arrow and made a perfect shot she ran 20 yards and fell over.

04-Jun-21

darralld's embedded Photo
darralld's embedded Photo
Just a fun weekend hunt with my dad & brothers.

04-Jun-21

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
The most elusive bear I ever encountered. He made extremely rare appearances over a 4 year span. Getting a trail cam photo of him was like Christmas to a kid. My first thought after my arrow went through him was “Damn! No more pictures!”

04-Jun-21

jingalls's embedded Photo
My most memorable hunt with my daughter. I called in 2 big Tom’s and Jake. They put on a show in my DS decoys. She got both big Tom’s!

04-Jun-21

And for myself…has to be my first backpack bow hunting adventure. An Alaskan Caribou with my bow!

04-Jun-21

Mt. man's embedded Photo
Mt. man's embedded Photo
Little story about this picture. This is my late wife who passed away in Feb. 21. Back in 2007 we were engaged and she had been going to 3D archery shoots with me that entire summer and even took 3rd place in her division at the State tournament. She told me she wanted to bowhunt so I signed her up for bowhunter education. She finished bowhunters ed. on Thur. night Aug. 30th. Opening day of Archery here in Idaho. 2 days later she harvested her 1st bull Elk. #1 of 5 in her short Archery career before passing away. She made a lot of bowhunters jealous harvesting a bull elk only 2 days after bowhunters ed. On July 4th my sons and I will be hiking into this very spot at her request to spread her ashes and plant some wildflower seeds. Bowhunting Elk was one of her most favorite memories. It was our yearly weeklong date and I will miss it terribly.

04-Jun-21
That smile says it all Scott. May God bless you and your sons and cherish the memories of your wife and their mother!

04-Jun-21

APauls's embedded Photo
APauls's embedded Photo
So hard to pick, but I just picked one of many pictures from the moose hunt my brother and I took back in 2017. It was the hunt out of a fairy tale.

Two brothers flying deep into the Canadian north into a spot no one has been for 30+ years. Our first moose hunt ever, and both tagging great archery moose plus a rifle caribou. The adventure was amazing, the company was even better, and the memories will last a lifetime. Getting an amazing video of my brothers stick-bow moose swim to our calls and watch him take it was a cherry on top that couldn’t have been imagined. This was the first of “our moose.” Camp in the background.

04-Jun-21
Great pictures and memories!!

04-Jun-21

wisconsinteacher's embedded Photo
wisconsinteacher's embedded Photo
This is my wife's first bear. I was with her when she shot him. It was an amazing night in the woods.

04-Jun-21
Mtn. Man,

So sorry for your loss. That is such a great picture and it obviously captures your wife's passion for bowhunting. God Bless.

04-Jun-21
That is truly heartbreaking Mt. Man! I hope and pray you and your family get some closure/comfort on your trek on July 4th!

04-Jun-21

g5smoke21's embedded Photo
g5smoke21's embedded Photo
Walking up to my goat. All the hard work over the years leading up to that moment had paid off

04-Jun-21

04-Jun-21

standswittaknife's embedded Photo
standswittaknife's embedded Photo
My daughter was inflicted with transverse myelitis (Think polio and multiple sclerosis’s evil cousin) at nine months old and was paralyzed from the earlobes down. She turns nine June 13 and this was last fall on a private land only cow tag to fill the freezer. At one point in our life we never knew if she would be able to move more than her head but alas, after tons of medical attention, physical therapy, and lots and lots of love she got to go out elk hunting with me last year. Her legs don’t work 100% like ours do, but her heart does and her humor certainly does. She’s my hero and the most important person in my life. When we were done with the cow I took her ivory teeth out and made her a necklace that she wears daily. This little girl not only change my life for the better she’s changed hundreds of lives for the better…

04-Jun-21

Basil's embedded Photo
Basil's embedded Photo
A Lake Superior sunrise with one of the last trips before my mentor passed away.

04-Jun-21
Stands,

God can take the most horrible things and use it for good and it sound like that is exactly what has happened in this case. You are blessed to have such a beautiful daughter!

04-Jun-21

bigswivle's embedded Photo
Nothing better
bigswivle's embedded Photo
Nothing better

04-Jun-21

xtroutx's embedded Photo
xtroutx's embedded Photo
Grand Daughters first deer, with scary black gun!

04-Jun-21

xtroutx's embedded Photo
xtroutx's embedded Photo
Grand Daughters first buck. Made her work this time.

04-Jun-21

elkmtngear's embedded Photo
elkmtngear's embedded Photo
Dad was pretty successful with his rifle...not so much with a bow. But, he used to love to hunt and camp with me anyway. This was a great morning!

04-Jun-21
Standswittaknife, can’t top your story. Congrats to your lovely daughter!

04-Jun-21

TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
TREESTANDWOLF's embedded Photo
Spending a week with these guys.

04-Jun-21

Willieboat's embedded Photo
Willieboat's embedded Photo
Finally killing a real elk

04-Jun-21
Wow, a few real heart string pullers - God speed to them and their families.

04-Jun-21

Scooby-doo's embedded Photo
Scooby-doo's embedded Photo
The start of a great day bunny hunting with a great group of guys. All shooting traditional bows. That was after the first push and I believe we killed 19 that day here is NY!!! Shawn

04-Jun-21

Beav's embedded Photo
Beav's embedded Photo
My son’s Nebraska bull!

04-Jun-21

BOHNTR's embedded Photo
BOHNTR's embedded Photo
Wife’s first deer with kids there.

05-Jun-21

CFMuley's embedded Photo
CFMuley's embedded Photo
The top picture is my grandfather, dad, and I in 2005 on my dads Henry mountains bison hunt. I think I was 9 at the time. Both my grandfather and dad passed within a few years of that hunt. The lower picture is my little brother and I on a bison hunt in West Texas a couple years ago.

05-Jun-21
Ummm....I don’t think I should post that pic on here.

05-Jun-21
Thanks for posting that standswithaknife!!!

05-Jun-21
I have been blessed beyond measure. To the point of believing in miracles. No picture I have can come close to Mt. Man or Standswithaknife.

Having followed some of the personal issues, I am humbled beyond words.

Thank you for sharing.

05-Jun-21
Ummm....I don’t think I should post that pic on here.

06-Jun-21

So467's embedded Photo
So467's embedded Photo
In 2019 I was eating supper with my family when I remembered that the Maine moose draw had happened earlier that day. So I looked and sure as heck my father had drew a bull tag in unit two. After 17 years of applying. I called him and let him know he drew. He responded well I already shot a moose so this one is yours. Fast forward to Wednesday 9-25-19. I spotted this bull well before first light. He was called in to 35 yards. Having my son and father sitting behind me priceless. Not sure if this hunt will ever be topped.

06-Jun-21

grape's embedded Photo
grape's embedded Photo

06-Jun-21

Predeter's embedded Photo
Predeter's embedded Photo
Not a very good picture, not a big animal, and not a particularly difficult hunt but the one and only "western" hunt I've been able to take a dad on. Without a doubt my favorite hunting memory!

06-Jun-21

Inshart's embedded Photo
Inshart's embedded Photo

06-Jun-21

RUGER1022's embedded Photo
RUGER1022's embedded Photo
8 year old grandson called Turkeys for 12 year old grandson .

07-Jun-21

Rock's embedded Photo
Rock's embedded Photo
2012 with a Bear I never thought I would be able to hunt let along shoot.

07-Jun-21

YZF-88's embedded Photo
YZF-88's embedded Photo
A pic of my favorite bow hunting memory is tough. My first whitetail, elk and mule deer are all rooted in advice from right here on Bowsite. If I had to pick, chasing mule deer in the high country on my own took the most effort and gets a slight nod for favorite memory. RUGER1022 gave me some solid advice on chasing these grey ghosts many years ago...it just took me a while to cash it in! Walking up to my first high country wilderness buck was very rewarding.

07-Jun-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
behind, in a tree stand, watching my "dead elk running" past a trail camera. Broad head just starting to poke out at right shoulder. Elk down 10 seconds later.
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
behind, in a tree stand, watching my "dead elk running" past a trail camera. Broad head just starting to poke out at right shoulder. Elk down 10 seconds later.

07-Jun-21
Paul's pic still one of the all time best. Like who can do that??

08-Jun-21
Awesomeness, Paul!

08-Jun-21

08-Jun-21

Ned mobile 's embedded Photo
A great memory for me. I called my Dad just after arrowing my largest deer. Awhile later as I stood over the deer in admiration where it fell, my Dad emerged from the cattails. He had tracked a long ways to be with me for that moment. He had lung cancer at this time but wasn’t diagnosed yet. I just kind of told him the approximate location and I’ ll be darned if he didn’t drive 15 miles and walked a heck of a long ways to join me. I was elated he showed up!!!

08-Jun-21

Years after dad passed I captured this photo while I glasses for bighorns. I feel he was looking down and joining me here also

08-Jun-21
Paul, Awesome pic! You can see the death in his eye.

08-Jun-21

Old Reb's embedded Photo
Old Reb's embedded Photo
Here is one of my recent favorites. I've had past favorites and I'm sure there will be future favorites.

08-Jun-21
Paul for the win!!!

08-Jun-21
Stanswittaknife,

That is awesome!! So glad she was able to get out and hunt and the icing on the cake is killing one!

10-Jun-21

GhostBird's embedded Photo
GhostBird's embedded Photo
This is me and my grandson, who is now 18 years old. We are on a turkey hunt with a couple of my hand carved wooden turkey decoys.

10-Jun-21
Hey Ghostbird, cool pic and cool decoys. Where are those decoys today, 16 years later.

10-Jun-21
Hey Paul, those two were made for a client and were sold. I probably made around a dozen full size decoys before I really got into making turkey calls. All were sold except for a couple that I have kept.

10-Jun-21

SlipShot's embedded Photo
My last bull
My last bull
called this bull in for Steve on the last day last 15 minutes of 2017 season
called this bull in for Steve on the last day last 15 minutes of 2017 season
My youngest son Zack's bull 2019. I know it is not Archery, but we worked hard to be able to harvest this bull.
My youngest son Zack's bull 2019. I know it is not Archery, but we worked hard to be able to harvest this bull.
Now that I have a camera with me all the time, I have so many it is hard to choose. These are on my favorite lists on my phone.

13-Jun-21

Punix's embedded Photo
Punix's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear