Ambush 14-Jun-21
WYOelker 14-Jun-21
Powder 14-Jun-21
wytex 14-Jun-21
ahawkeye 14-Jun-21
Grey Ghost 14-Jun-21
fuzzy 15-Jun-21
13-Jun-21
Just found out that the VRBO we have for vacation "does not have a stove or oven", how nice! Ok I do not want to cancel and have packed the camp stove on many a vacation but would like your opinion on a camp oven please. Willing to put some $ down but I'm not made of it.

14-Jun-21
Coleman used to have a fold-up oven that sat on a camp stove. It was small, about 14x14x12. Sold mine years ago. It worked okay but not like the real thing.

14-Jun-21
Bring a small grill. There are plenty of cheap ones and you can bake some things on them with disposable pans.

14-Jun-21
Bring a small grill. There are plenty of cheap ones and you can bake some things on them with disposable pans.

14-Jun-21
I don’t think Thiers anything you can’t cook in a cast iron Dutch oven. Thiers recipes for everything- just google it!!! And the flavors of a nice seasoned cast iron du are hard to beat!!!

14-Jun-21
Cast iron Dutch oven will cook like any oven. Just outside.

14-Jun-21

Basinboy's embedded Photo
Basinboy's embedded Photo
Camp Chef!

14-Jun-21
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Steel-Camp-Chef-Deluxe-Outdoor-Camping-Oven-Matchless-Ignition-Cooking-/233959767764?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286

14-Jun-21
If you don’t want or need a camp oven for future use, maybe just buy a cheap toaster oven.

14-Jun-21
I have a Coleman folding oven that works fine, but:

What the heck kinda VRBO DOES'NT have a stove!?!? Do you have to sleep in your car too??

14-Jun-21
I absolutely love my camp chef oven. We have had it for 3 years now, used it well over 600 times camping and during the summer we use it outside to save heating the house. We cook everything on this dude. Cinnamon Rolls, Cookies, Pizza, Chicken, Meatloaf, also the burners on top are awesome for the use. I have created a a foil like cover to help it get warm, but only need that cover when temps are below 0F. They also make a great bag to carry it in...

It honestly has been the best purchase I have made for my adventures.

https://www.campchef.com/deluxe-outdoor-camping-oven.html

14-Jun-21
Buy a good one and then sell it when you're done and it won't cost much.

14-Jun-21
I'll also recc. the Camp Chef stove/oven. We've had ours for many years, 10+, and love it.

14-Jun-21
"What the heck kinda VRBO DOES'NT have a stove!?!? Do you have to sleep in your car too??"

I know, right? I guess the owners had some sort if hang up either by local ordinance or some sort of tax or fire code. This is an outbuilding on an already established property with a home on it. Everything seems to be top notch other than this hang up but we'll manage just fine. I don't like to go out to eat the entire time I'm on vacation but once or twice is ok. A camp stove and griddle may come in handy the camp ovens look pretty bulky. Thank you all for the suggestions.

14-Jun-21

Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
Grey Ghost's embedded Photo
I've been using one of these for a camp grill/stove/oven for years. I've even baked corn bread that turned out amazing in it. Best $99 I've spent.

Matt

15-Jun-21
As shedhead says you can do amazing work with a good 12" Dutch Oven

• Sitka Gear