Grey Ghost 23-Jun-21
midwest 23-Jun-21
Kevin Dill 23-Jun-21
Ermine 23-Jun-21
Rancher 23-Jun-21
BULELK1 24-Jun-21
Scar Finga 25-Jun-21
22-Jun-21
Well here we go, Kaibab and Coconina are closing tomorrow, and they say Tonto is next. We Need Some Rain!!

22-Jun-21
What area is 5b south considered? Thanks.

ElkNut

22-Jun-21

Grey Ghost's Link
Same deal in Colorado. They closed most of Arapahoe and Roosevelt National Forests, spanning 5 counties.

I guess I better wash my truck and leave the windows open. (sigh)

Matt

22-Jun-21
ElkNut1

That's in Coconino.

22-Jun-21
If anyone is interested in looking up their unit, just Google "AZ Hunt Unit and enter your unit number".

You can then scroll down and read what National Forest it's in. It will be under "USFS Travel Management Rule"

22-Jun-21
Thank you sir!

ElkNut

22-Jun-21
Grey Ghost link is from last year has nothing to do with what is going on currently.

22-Jun-21
Sorry for the old article, gentleman. I failed to look at the date, obviously. Thanks for catching it, John.

Matt

22-Jun-21
I was leaving tomorrow for my Bison hunt that starts friday up on the Kaibab.Bummer

22-Jun-21
Apache-Sitgreaves is rumored to close this Friday.

22-Jun-21
Official; Apache-Sitgreaves closes Thursday.

22-Jun-21
Though most of the CURRENT fires are lightning-caused, i'm all for closing things down. We do it in the winter, so might as well do it now. Keep the dummies out of the forests and reduce the causation to nature....

...as long as they reopen for my hunts...just saying.

22-Jun-21
Cliff, that's a tough break. Are you going to return your tag by Thursday to restore your bonus points, or are you going to take the risk that the forest will reopen before your month-long season ends? Unnatural weather wiped out my bison hunt too, but I didn't have the opportunity to turn the tag back in to G&F.

22-Jun-21
My tag is in the Coconino too. I hope they get some rain!

23-Jun-21
Was just down there taking the kids to see the Grand Canyon. Very dry but saw a couple bulls with real nice growth. Not a fan of closures. I get it and have spent many thousands of hours on public in my life witnessing irresponsible behavior. Just seems like closing access is getting to be way too easy of a choice for our public land administrators if things are really wet or really dry. Huge area closures are extreme. Campers and mountain bikers can have a very similar experience by just changing locations. Hunters with limited tags don't have that choice.

23-Jun-21
Agree with Glunt. Not sure what is going on these days.....the "go to" is "shut it down" on everything. Government thinks they can control everything and everyone. Fires happen, people cause some and so does the weather. Delaying the inevitable is all they are doing. Fires are part of a healthy forest. They need to stop trying to control everything.

23-Jun-21
You guys don’t live there.....

23-Jun-21
I think part of what they are trying to control by the closures is expensive evacuations and rescues, if recreational users get stranded.

Matt

23-Jun-21
Praying for some rain out there....dang.

23-Jun-21
I think the decision likely comes down to saving forests, wildlife, homes, human lives and millions of dollars spent fighting fires.....versus the want of people to have their access and recreation. Seems like a no-brainer to me.

23-Jun-21
I’m in flagstaff going to the Rafael Fire. Just came from Telegraph Fire in globe. Hot down there yikes!

23-Jun-21
Stickflicker,my tag was donated through Wounded Warriors,so I will pray that they open before July 28.

24-Jun-21
I should have reach out to ya Paul just in case I could have spent an afternoon down in 5b for ya......

My bad,

Robb

25-Jun-21
Well, it's now up to 5 National Forests... and all state trust land.

Apache- Sitgreaves, Kaibab/ Coconino, Tonto, Prescott and Coronado forests.

• Sitka Gear