Charlie Rehor 20-Jul-21
Stubbleduck 20-Jul-21
Ambush 20-Jul-21
APauls 21-Jul-21
Shiras42 21-Jul-21
Ambush 21-Jul-21
DanaC 21-Jul-21
09-Jul-21
I would guess election recall for Captain T might get his attention. Whatchaall think?

09-Jul-21
That's wishful thinking. 60% of the country thinks the border should remain closed and the 40% that want it open didn't vote for him in the first place.

09-Jul-21

JL's Link
It will get interesting.....

""Canada will not open its border to non-essential visitors for quite a while, Trudeau says By CNN July 9, 2021

(CNN) — Days after Canada dropped its quarantine requirement for fully vaccinated Canadians entering the country, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau rejected the idea that non-essential visitors will soon be allowed in.

“I can tell you right now that’s not going to happen for quite a while,” Trudeau said during a campaign-style stop in British Columbia on Thursday.

The Canada-US border remains closed to non-essential travel until at least July 21 and only Canadian citizens and residents are currently allowed to enter the country, unless they are exempted in order to carry out essential work.

“We need to continue to ensure that the safety of Canadians,” Trudeau said, adding the government needed to make sure that the sacrifices people have been making for months “are not for nothing.”

On July 5, the government eased mandatory quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated nationals and residents arriving from abroad. Federal officials called this a “first phase” of reopening given the pace of vaccination in Canada.

In order to avoid going into quarantine, travelers must provide proof of full vaccination at least 14 days prior to travel and a negative Covid-19 PCR test taken within 72 hours of entering Canada.

All those entering will be required to self-isolate at home until the results of their Covid-19 test comes back negative.

Canada’s Covid-19 case count has been dropping steadily and vaccinations have been ramping up, with nearly 70% of Canadians having received at least one dose.

There have been more than 1.4 million coronavirus cases and 26,356 deaths in Canada since the start of the pandemic, according to Johns Hopkins University.""

09-Jul-21

JL's Link
This article is more interesting......could the Liberals take over Canada in a coup? If that happens, would the border remained closed for a lot longer than folks think??

Trudeau denies it, but signs point to early election in Canada By Zi-Ann Lum 1 hr ago

".......Trudeau wields power in a minority government, which means he needs the support of opposition parties to pass legislation. As prime minister, it also means he has the power to call an election.

Recent polls have placed the Liberals in single to double-digit leads, throwing open a window for Trudeau to dissolve Parliament in an attempt to turn his minority government — which has been functioning throughout the pandemic — into a majority.

The next fixed election date is Oct. 16, 2023. But under Canada’s constitutional monarchy system, the prime minister can request to dissolve Parliament at any time to trigger an election. For an incumbent government, that ability to choose a date and prepare is an advantage........."

09-Jul-21
If we are too dangerous to enter Canada with a much higher percentage of vaccination, then out of caution, all cross border traffic needs to stop. That includes train, trucks, everything. Why be hypocritical, wait until both countries hit 100%. It would definitely benefit our loggers here, our lobster men, and I could sell the maple syrup I produce at a higher price. With no food moving North, grocery prices should go lower here. Of course that would be an inconvenience to the Quebec border towns we help fight fire, the numerous Canadians who come here for medical procedures, and those trapped in wrecks like the guy we extricated a week ago. I am being sarcastic, but Trudeau is playing with fire.

09-Jul-21
POS Trudumbass is busy today giving out money for projects in Vancouver. So he is likely to call an election soon and that will certainly further delay border opening. Hopefully he gets a surprise and urban people on the west coast, Ontario Quebec and the Maritime provinces grow some brains and fire his stupid ass. But I doubt they will. He will likely give out free T shirts that read “I voted 4 Stupid becuz I r”

09-Jul-21
The problem with having an election is that if people don't vote him out he is likely to gain a majority which will make him even stronger than he is today. Be careful what you wish for when it comes to having an election.

09-Jul-21
I am scared silly of a majority for the Liberals but people are happy to get “freebies” from the government even when they don’t need it. Trudeau likes to hand it out to the gullible to buy their votes and it works. Sad.

09-Jul-21
JL, thats "UNVACCINATED" non essential. CNN has switched a few words in their reporting. Trudeau said "UNVACCINATED" will not be crossing into Canada for a while. Did not say VACCINATED. Probably why they are called Fake News!!

Don't wish too hard for an election this Fall as Trudeau is ahead of the rest with leaps and bounds!! He will get a majority if called by Fall.... Ontario is opening up earlier than planned.

09-Jul-21
the US should close it both ways till they agree to open. very little Canadian essential travel to the US. Snowbirding in Florida and Arizona is not essential. do that the the Canadians will open the border by the next morning.

09-Jul-21
Florida would not allow that Kentuck!!

09-Jul-21
^......ha!.....probably a bit of truth in that Spike. I think some of my neighbors around our FL home are Canadians. Canadians spend a lot of coin down there.

09-Jul-21
Thanks God for Alaska. Seward was a genius.

09-Jul-21
Trump would have the Northern Boy Wonder sucking his own thumb and that Canadian border would be open by NOW and the Southern border would be CLOSED!!

Instead we have the exact opposite! WTF!

09-Jul-21
Unfortunately Canada has the same problem the US does. Heavily populated centers full of parasites and virtue signalers dictate the government the rest of us get. The Moron attracts them like flies to shit and he will either get a slim majority or another minority. But he always gets supported by the two parties even more left then him.

Canada is done until we've hit absolute rock bottom with this sad circus and there is either a revolt or a foreign invasion.

10-Jul-21
Ambush, as far as an invasion, it won’t come from us, we are too fringed up ourselves. Revolution is the only alternative unless we both elect different leaders.

11-Jul-21
48.37% of Canadians fully vaccinated now. Over half way!!

11-Jul-21
Can we please stop these posts inferring that the reopening of the border is imminent! You guys have been saying this since last winter, citing some obscure comment made by an obscure person. Just a few more weeks. Bla bla bla. By now you should realize the politicians have no plans to open the border in the near future.

11-Jul-21
Its all about control..sadly too many people dont see it. On the US side, we will probably have another lock down in November 2024..I hope Im wrong.

11-Jul-21
TGbow x2 Ambush x 2 ( he always gets it) Woodguy65 x 2 C Rehor x 2 ( yep, he always is on target) Rob Nye x 2

Did I miss anybody ?

I get the unvaccinated being excluded . Vaccinated should be allowed, now. However , doing that allows free market enterprise, income from non government and therefore loss of control. Just like TG said. The history of vaccinations has been very successful , albeit not perfect. It is one of the greatest accomplishments of mankind. If , like me, you are 65 or younger ask yourself how many your age you know with polio. It is likely zero. Ask yourself how many older than you had polio, in my case quite a few. Vaccination ended a devastating disease and hopefully this one will too. Trudeau needs to use his brain, get a set of balls and open the border to vaccinated tourists and give his people the opportunity to make a living outside of his handouts

12-Jul-21
glidingindian, just to let you know we’ve had a vaccine for the flu for 80 years and we still have the flu because it mutates so quickly. The same thing will happen with the COVID vaccine. It’s nothing like the polio vaccine. Discriminating against unvaccinated people is ridiculous. The border restrictions are all about control at this point not safety.

As a Canadian why can I fly to the US in a plane full of people, vaccinated or not but I can’t drive across the border by myself even if I’m vaccinated? CAN ANYONE ANSWER THIS QUESTION?

12-Jul-21
If we tjink about it..the majority of the time, we lose our freedoms in the name of "security" or "safety". Covid is real..I dont down play that but mail in ballots sure helped a certain political party.

12-Jul-21
You are correct about the flu vaccine Mike , that’s one reason why I mentioned that vaccine history is imperfect. Many examples exist with successful vaccines with limited negatives . Overall a big positive with exceptions. The original polio vaccines were developed by three different companies including a private company in California (Cutter) still had some live virus and caused about 250 cases of polio. This also led to improved oversight and quality of future vaccines . All bets are off on this virus in my opinion because it might well be engineered and will not respond like others. I reread my post and it does look like I am against unvaccinated being allowed into Canada. Since we do t know what is going to happen with this bug and it’s variants I should have said I get it to initially allow vaccinated only. The quicker the better and hopefully soon unvaccinated as well can travel. As best I can tell the disease was disseminated rapidly by air travel worldwide. It is about control at this stage and I understand some concerns , but the vaccines do appear to be lowering the incidence and severity of COVID-19 and allowing vaccinated travel is a good first step. Once you give government any control , like regulations, they just want more

Like many things with this whole mess(and politicians in general) , hell no I cannot answer your question! When I read your comment I thought you were mistaken, until I reviewed the US regulations from the CDC. There are testing requirements but that seems to be it, the US is open to Canadiens to fly in but not drive across. Someone please correct me if I misinterpreted this info. GI

12-Jul-21
"glidingindian, just to let you know we’ve had a vaccine for the flu for 80 years and we still have the flu because it mutates so quickly. The same thing will happen with the COVID vaccine."

Mike, there are a number of different viruses that cause "the flu" which is not the case with COVID. COVID also has a "proofreading" mechanism that reduces its rate of mutation versus the influenza viruses. It may be the case in the future that COVID mutates to the point that the vaccines don't provide good protection, but that is not currently the case.

Ironically, the more people who get COVID (instead of the vaccine), the more opportunity there is for mutation to occur which may make the vaccines less or ineffective - paving the way for our governments to exert outsized control of our lives.

Pick your poison...

12-Jul-21

spike buck's embedded Photo
The air is thick with smoke!! Pic taken mid day. No clouds.
The air is thick with smoke!! Pic taken mid day. No clouds.
Closed border, we had 2 empty cabins... Evacuees from the local fires had no where to go so we let them stay in the empty cabins no charge.

13-Jul-21
I know several people who died from Covid and many who got sick as hell , like me. A week in the hospital, 6 weeks out of work and screwed me out of my annual Kansas hunt with my family. I know no one who has gotten critically ill or died from the vaccine but several who have died since the vaccine has been available but refused to get it. In particular a nurse at the main hospital I operated in for 30:years who was an outspoken anti-Vaxer. . His wife died from Covid recently and he is still in the ICU and really sick. Reportedly over 600k died from the virus in the US, possibly a few from the vaccine Again , vaccines are like seat belts, not perfect but in general a better risk. Seat belts have been around a long time and clearly a better option than no belt. Covid vaccines are newcomers and I understand some reservation about them as they haven’t been around long. To me the risk at this point is far less with the vaccine and I got it. The proof in all medical treatment is in the long run so the final outcome still to be determined. Just in case the vaccine made me magnetic or they implanted a tracking chip I will be sure my broadheads are not magnetized and the cave I am hunting from will shield me from the satellite tracker!

13-Jul-21
glidingindian, the truth will come out in a couple years at the ballot box. Your mind will say tick the republican box, but your hand will inexplicably put the X on Democrat.

The implanted chip at work. :)

13-Jul-21
Pretty sure the race for vaccines began with President Trump so hopefully more hands will inexplicably vote Republican. With 2 Commies north and south in charge of North America we’re all in the shit. They are bioth an embarrassment to our countries. Justin Trudea is the most nauseating puppet on earth but old Joe is giving him a run. As for border opening I am hoping for some good news by the end of this week from a friend in the know. Fingers x’d I sure miss seeing my buddies from the USA.

13-Jul-21
MB we are over 75% first dose and like 60% 2nd dose and we still can’t even have people over. And we have a CONSERVATIVE government. Our leaders are spineless cowards. Pallister drank the control kool-aid just like Trudeau. What an embarrassment of leadership

13-Jul-21
I got the vaccine and never thought twice about it. I went Turkey hunting with my son and he didn't feel well. We were actually swapping spit by sharing the same diaphragm. My bow went to the doc the following Monday and he had Covid. I never got it, since I was vaccinated.

That being said, I think it's a persons' right to refuse the vaccine. My body, my choice seems to extend to some issues and not others. At the end of the day this has created one hell of a mess for both our countries. Nobody is practicing social distancing and anywhere I go - even in liberal Connecticut, things are almost entirely back to normal. These politicians holding everything back are going to cave soon, they have to. If they don't then Rob Nye will have a better shot of winning Prime Minister of Canada before Trudeau.

13-Jul-21
Their country, their choice.

13-Jul-21
Now over 50.3% Fully Vaccinated. Well over half way to Trudeau's goal.... if he doesn't move the post again.

13-Jul-21
Amused- where did you hear that info?

13-Jul-21
“With 2 Commies north and south in charge of North America we’re all in the shit.”

This made me laugh, thank you Rob

13-Jul-21
I just watched a rodeo in Canada. The cowboys were let in and one from Mexico. They didn't have to wear mask either. They said they were treated great and could only go certain places but all in all it worked out great. That was the big rodeo in Calgary.

13-Jul-21
Pat's comment about Rob Nye being elected in Canada might hold true since I believe they still have free elections. Unless Republicans grow some nads we may never have another legitimate election.

13-Jul-21
Saskatchewan has dropped all covid restrictions no more masks required, everything is open and good to go. Maybe we can open our own border with ND and MT and flip Trudumbass a collective bird. Pretty much every person in this province depises that dipshit.

14-Jul-21

Our Area was just put under an Emergency Area Order. Which will allow Ontario Government the Ability to deny us access onto Crown land if need be. Will be in effect for quite some time into the future... There are 77 fires burning here right now. I doubt with this order, that the Border is even on the Ontario Governments mind right now.

14-Jul-21
Why are the antibodies all the people have from having and beating Covid ignored? They are better than any man made vaccines yet they count for nothing…

14-Jul-21
I saw SCI wrote a letter to Canada today about opening the border.

14-Jul-21
What's the logic of allowing vaccinated Canadians to enter the country, but not vaccinated Americans?

14-Jul-21
Spike Buck, Is the Emergency order for Red Lake area?

14-Jul-21

Matt's Link
"Why are the antibodies all the people have from having and beating Covid ignored? They are better than any man made vaccines yet they count for nothing…"

That is a great question given the data is increasingly showing that natural immunity is durable. However, everything I have read suggests the COVID vaccines produce a much more robust immune response/better protection from variants than natural immunity. As a result the NIH recommends those who have recovered from COVID-19 still be vaccinated.

"These results add to evidence that people with acquired immunity may have differing levels of protection to emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants. More importantly, the data provide further documentation that those who’ve had and recovered from a COVID-19 infection still stand to benefit from getting vaccinated."

14-Jul-21
The Cleveland Clinic did a study (I think 50,000 people participated) in June that showed that people already infected with Covid19 gain no additional benefits from the vaccine. I'll try and find it and link later.

14-Jul-21

woodguy65's Link

14-Jul-21
Blindgood, there are 2 fires that are going to merge together West of Red Lake. Once that happens the fire will be at 150,000 acres. But the forest is tinder dry right across the Northwest and all the fire suppression teams are busy. So the only way is to shut down access to the crown land to keep new fires from happening. The only way they can shut down the forest is if they have the emergency order ready to go. There are 77 fires just in the NW part of Ontario. I have evacuees in camp right now.

14-Jul-21
Thanks for the info!

14-Jul-21
One thing I noticed Trudeau say in his press conference today is" I can't see opening up the border a couple of weeks early".... his exact words..... Either his time line is off or it's a couple of weeks more.

14-Jul-21
New Covid cases are on the rise in the US and globally. Doubt they'll open that border any time soon.

14-Jul-21
"New Covid cases are on the rise in the US and globally. Doubt they'll open that border any time soon.'

Yes and no. New COVID cases in most areas of the US right now are low. A big % increase off a really low number isn't a big number although the media is spinning it that way to continue the narrative. Add to that the vast majority of new cases are amongst the unvaccinated, that should have little to no implications as to policy decisions affecting the vaccinated.

14-Jul-21

Matt's Link
The graph that outlines new cases is listed in the link.

14-Jul-21
Matt you are right but you are also using logic. Trudeau doesn't use logic. He's a clown doing whatever it takes to stay in power. I have zero faith he is capable of doing the right thing concerning the border or he would have already.

15-Jul-21
I think that it is the lack of vaccinated people that prevents the full opening of the USA, Canada, and Europe. Recently my family and I got the first vaccination. Before, I weighed the pros and cons for a long time, looked to find more information and consulted with others. Of the side effects, I would only note redness at the injection site. Therefore, everyone must go through this, because vaccination does not touch your immortal soul or mortal body. This applies to the entire population as a whole.

15-Jul-21
Covid is here forever and there will be variants forever. Cases will have ebbs and flows like is has since China leaked it to the world. This is the new norm of the world and people will have to just live with this new norm. Eventually there will be herd immunity because those without the vaccine will eventually get the plague and those with the vaccine where the vaccine did not work for them will catch it too. Everything needs to be open and people have to gauge their own risks going forward the rest of their lives. They have choices to stay inside or work especially hard to stay away from others. Others will choose to live their lives and take what happens. It was great getting back to MX again with our family, They value the money the US tourists bring. Open the damn northern border!!!

15-Jul-21
With all the media hype about cases rising in the US it certainly won't help the situation.

15-Jul-21
we're screwed.

15-Jul-21

Matt's Link
Woodguy65, thanks for posting that. It is interesting that the Cleveland Clinic followed on with a press release on the study which closed with "It is safe to receive the COVID-19 vaccine even if you have previously tested positive, and we recommend all those who are eligible receive it.”

Time will tell whether the impact of the more virulent variants has on their reasoning. I read yesterday that they are worries that natural immunity from one variant may not work well against another.

15-Jul-21

Matt's Link
Attached is a link to an article on a NIH study comparing natural immunity to vaccination, which contains the following quote:

"The new evidence shows that protective antibodies generated in response to an mRNA vaccine will target a broader range of SARS-CoV-2 variants carrying “single letter” changes in a key portion of their spike protein compared to antibodies acquired from an infection.

These results add to evidence that people with acquired immunity may have differing levels of protection to emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants. More importantly, the data provide further documentation that those who’ve had and recovered from a COVID-19 infection still stand to benefit from getting vaccinated."

15-Jul-21
One thing that can't hurt....get all your friends to lean, and lean hard on their representatives.

15-Jul-21
Bloombergpolitics is just out with a major piece on why Trudeau may not open the border. Canadian polls are showing majorities as to how he has handled the pandemic and the closing. That's probably why he is heading to an election. Unsure of what Canadian populations were polled.

15-Jul-21
Yes we are screwed. But we are the people who voted the idiots into office that are screwing us. We are the one who can fix this in upcoming elections.

15-Jul-21
Trudeau said today Canada should be in a position to Welcome Vaccinated non essential tourists across the border about mid August ....CBC News. He announced that Cruise ships will be allowed in Canadian ports late this Fall.

15-Jul-21

Powder's Link
Here is a link.

15-Jul-21
Thanks Powder!!

16-Jul-21
Headline this morning - "Canada may open its borders to vaccinated travelers by early September, Trudeau says"

*May.* *Vaccinated.*

16-Jul-21
"In the early days of the pandemic, the U.S. and Canadian governments closed the more than 5,500-mile border to nonessential traffic. With increasing vaccination rates and dropping infection rates, some were annoyed the two governments hadn’t laid out detailed plans to fully reopen the border." Some are annoyed? I didn't realize that CNN stands for Canadian News Network. Sounds like the same narrative wherever you live.

16-Jul-21
He says mid August for fully vaccinated Americans. I'll believe it when I'm finally driving through the Canadian Soo! Until then nothing Trudeau says is believable

16-Jul-21
Just have to wait and see. Zero trust in anything a politician north or south of the border.

16-Jul-21
I still can’t understand why the number of unvaccinated tourists has one ounce of influence in decisions on the border opening. Once the goal Trudeau set has been reached.

If the vaccine works, which I’m certain it does, how does that affect those that are vaccinated? Everyone is saying it makes us immune to the virus. By a large margin. So, why would it matter if tourists have the shot if Canadians have been vaccinated?

Once the population in Canada receives the vaccine goals, there is simply no reason not to open the border to any tourist. Vaccinated or not.

I’m arguing from a position of freedom. Americans get the shot if they want. Don’t if they decide not to. That shouldn’t affect any decision for Canada to open the border. And, based on his decisions, that seems to be his reasoning.

Time will tell if the opening includes proof of vaccination from those entering the country as a requirement. If so, there went the science based decisions. Because vaccinations as a whole, make those who have them, statistically immune from getting the virus. Why should it matter as long as Canadians have it?

I hate it’s closed. I hate it for those on Canada that depend on American tourism. But, lose of freedom aside, he seems to have a plan. Only Time will tell if it’s concrete or if it’s narrative led.

16-Jul-21
He will announce details within one week Trudeau said.

16-Jul-21
I personally don't think an unvaccinated person ever gets into canada again. At least not until pretty boy is fired.

16-Jul-21
I agree with WV above. It simply shouldn’t matter if tourists are vaccinated or not once CAN hits their vaccination goal. But since it does, the big question is how will they validate if tourists are vaccinated? I have a “card” but those could easily be forged. In NV there’s a state data base that could be accessed to show vaccination status but I’m not sure about other US states or other countries. Seems like it’ll be impossible to manage timely.

16-Jul-21
Trudumbass said yesterday the border may open to non-essential travellers that are fully vaccinated by mid-August. Citizens are getting fed up with his stupidity and he’s starting to feel the heat.

16-Jul-21
Just in time to make sure the summer season has been total devastation.

16-Jul-21
MQQSE, no kidding.

I can see the argument against unvaccinated because if an unvaccinated person gets terribly sick in Canada, our hospitals will need to deal with it. If you are supposedly scared of this sick load, letting more people in that can get sick is an obvious risk metric. Besides the fact that the majority of Canadian people won't want them in as they are conditioned to be petrified of the virus.

17-Jul-21
WWJ) -- It may not be too much longer until borders reopen from the U.S. into Canada.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says Canada could start allowing fully vaccinated Americans across the border as of mid-August for non-essential travel.

He also added that our neighbors to the north should be in position to welcome fully-vaccinated travelers from all countries by earlier September.

19-Jul-21
All right so my Dad, Brother and I are waiting for the Canadian border to open so we can hunt with our friend in SK. We are all fully vaccinated. What are we going to have to provide to prove we are vaccinated. The BS cdc cards that we received at our vaccinations don’t even have our names filled in. Are all the border authorities going to take our word for it. I would like to be optimistic but I’m not . Hope to see you soon Rob

19-Jul-21
The fire fighters and wives in my station were vaccinated in January. We have cards with our names on them plus a number that is registered with Vams. I downloaded the Canarrive app, but with coaching starting August 16, we are screwed for seeing our Newfy property again.

19-Jul-21
Announcement on the Border Reopening at 1:30 this afternoon.... stay tuned!! Lets hope its what we want to hear.

19-Jul-21

Powder's Link

19-Jul-21

Powder's Link
Here it is! August 9th

It sounds like you will still need a negative test prior to crossing and fully vaccinated.

19-Jul-21
I read it as you may randomly be tested, but that a test is not required. Any of you outfitters ready for an August bowhunter to come up and shoot a bear? I can be there as soon as I can get across.

19-Jul-21
Glad to see that news for all the guys whose hunts have been in limbo.

19-Jul-21
Shiras42, The random test is as you enter Canada. There are other articles reporting a mandatory pre-arrival test that must be done before you get there.

19-Jul-21
I heard only a random test Powder

19-Jul-21
All results must be presented in French or English, otherwise border officials will need to see a certified translation. This freakin hilarious !! At the Detroit/ Windsor border they couldn't read the translation if you paid them extra ! Oh ya they do lol

Ok so can I cross into the US to hunt now lol

19-Jul-21
I hope you're right but I've read several articles and many of them are saying a pre-arrival test will be necessary. Maybe that will only be for air travelers. I'm not sure.

19-Jul-21
Here is an article giving more details. A pre-arrival test is required. The following quote is an excerpt from the article.

"All travellers, regardless of vaccination status, will still require a pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test result. However effective August 9, 2021, the Government of Canada is adjusting its post-arrival testing strategy for fully vaccinated travellers. Using a new border testing surveillance program at airports and land border crossings, fully vaccinated travellers will not need a post-arrival test unless they have been randomly selected to complete a Day 1 COVID-19 molecular test. There are no changes to the mandatory testing requirements for unvaccinated travellers."

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/07/government-of-canada-announces-easing-of-border-measures-for-fully-vaccinated-travellers.html?fbclid=IwAR3lVlNTz1x1oWFSORWcYwEWZmKTTMCE50-lLycJ7F9bFta5preXgiTe6-0

20-Jul-21
Powder, I believe that is for air travelers only.

20-Jul-21
Still have to do pre arrival test

20-Jul-21
Bou, looks like you are correct...Looks like I need to download the app

"As a first step, starting August 9, 2021, Canada plans to begin allowing entry to American citizens and permanent residents, who are currently residing in the United States, and have been fully vaccinated at least 14 days prior to entering Canada for non-essential travel. This preliminary step allows for the Government of Canada to fully operationalize the adjusted border measures ahead of September 7, 2021, and recognizes the many close ties between Canadians and Americans.

Subject to limited exceptions, all travellers must use ArriveCAN (app or web portal) to submit their travel information. If they are eligible to enter Canada and meet specific criteria, fully vaccinated travellers will not have to quarantine upon arrival in Canada."

All travellers, regardless of vaccination status, will still require a pre-entry COVID-19 molecular test result. However effective August 9, 2021, the Government of Canada is adjusting its post-arrival testing strategy for fully vaccinated travellers. Using a new border testing surveillance program at airports and land border crossings, fully vaccinated travellers will not need a post-arrival test unless they have been randomly selected to complete a Day 1 COVID-19 molecular test. There are no changes to the mandatory testing requirements for unvaccinated travellers.

20-Jul-21
Wow Shiras. Its not like I didn't post the EXACT same thing earlier.....you just chose not to believe me even though I provided the link.

20-Jul-21
If any of you have an expired or soon to expire Passport better get your application in if your going to hunt next Spring.

Renewals have gone from 6 weeks to 6 months and the “excuse” their using is Covid.

20-Jul-21
It took me over a year to get a new passport and Global Entry. I applied in February of 2020 and received the passport a year later and Global Entry in April 2021. I would hope they’ve gotten better.

20-Jul-21
Good point Charlie. Just checked mine and I’m good till ‘24. I got screwed up over that years ago.

20-Jul-21
My daughter just got her passport renewed and it took 6-8 weeks.

20-Jul-21

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Wowser Matt, she sure was lucky. Mine has been in there 3 months to date.

20-Jul-21
So.....I go hunting in Canada under the August 9 opening requirements......what, if anything, will be required to return to the U.S. a week or so later?

20-Jul-21
Could be interesting. Three of us are crossing into Hyder and taking a loop route that will bring us back into the mountains of BC on the 31st. We will be coming back on August 9th, the day the new rules come into affect. We'll see how that all shakes out.

21-Jul-21
And today Canada says they'll close the land border for until August 21 not August 9 like they said a couple days ago. Words fail me on these guys.

21-Jul-21
Eh Powder, I just didn't read the whole thing then because I was in a rush. I acknowledge you were correct.

21-Jul-21
^^^ Other way around Adam. The US is trying to screw up your state side hunt.

I didn't apply for WY. antelope this year for fear one side or the other wouldn't get their poop-in-a-group. Didn't buy tickets in a couple great hunt raffles for the same reason. Really hoping that Arizona is doable by January.

21-Jul-21
Been following the news? Cases have almost doubled in the past 2 weeks. I'd say August 21 is 'optimistic' at best. Or December 21st for that matter.

• Sitka Gear