Dino 10-Jul-21
t-roy 10-Jul-21
No Mercy 10-Jul-21
arlone 10-Jul-21
bobbinhood 10-Jul-21
arlone 11-Jul-21
Knife2sharp 11-Jul-21
09-Jul-21
Years ago I read an article in Peterson's Bowhunting. The article traced the journey of Keith Beam and Brooks Johnson in their quest to build a perfect collapsible ground blind. The article was well written and talked of them losing their homes, their wives and even sharing a pick up truck together, before they finally hit it big. It was hilarious and really showed their devotion to bowhunting. Does anyone here have the article, please and or thank you?

09-Jul-21
Lol..I (Dino) posted this on my son's computer...it's his handle, my question. FYI. Thanks again.

09-Jul-21
Not aware of the article. I bow hunted turkeys with both of them, in Gregory SD. They were great guys to hunt with.

09-Jul-21
I remember an article, but nothing about them losing their homes and wives. I do remember it saying that they both went on a hunting trip together and when they got back they had to fire everyone and sew the blinds up themselves. They had a winning plan for sure and implemented it well.

09-Jul-21
The greatest bowhunting invention since treestands! Anyone remember "The Black Hole" before the double bull was available?

09-Jul-21
Yep…I had one, Nick! Had to find the right tree to hang it from. I’d put the Thermacell above the Double Bull blind, but it’s definitely in the conversation. Keith and Brooks were entertaining in the vids they put out, as well.

09-Jul-21
https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Double+Bull+Archery.-a0149548598

09-Jul-21
And great that Primos still honors lifetime warranty. Primos recently sent me some hub poles, for my very old Double Bull blind . much sturdy and stronger than the originals.

09-Jul-21

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
Here is the original T-2 Double Bull blind I purchased from Keith and Brooks when they moved to Minn. back in the mid 1990s. No doubt a great story.

09-Jul-21

Huntcell 's Link
Here the link to their story that Jack found

Easier to click the link

10-Jul-21
That’s quite a story. I had no idea that Brooks andKeith had those kind of struggles. Anyone know how they are doing these days?

10-Jul-21
Thanks for the link fellas! It’s a great read and a great story. I love how through it all they kept their passion and their friendship!

10-Jul-21
Dale06…….I haven’t heard much about Brooks in a good while. Keith is still pretty active in the hunting community. I believe he was the emcee at P&Y in Omaha and he was a seminar speaker at the Iowa Whitetail Classic a few years back. He got caught up in a crazy, unfortunate situation 6-7 years ago, involving an affair, asrson, etc.

10-Jul-21
Brooks is on Facebook. Still hilarious all the time.

10-Jul-21
Saw Kieth on-line showing off a new blind for "New Archery Products" sometime last year? Brooks was the president of Minnesota Traditional Bowhunters, might still be, haven't heard anything about/from them lately?

10-Jul-21
I have an original Double Bull blind! Made out of cloth, my friend bow hunted turkeys with Keith and he gave it to him! And my friend gave it to me!!! Its in Great shape and I don't use it anymore! I just keep it around because its an Original!

11-Jul-21
My brain must be working better today? Above I said Brooks was president of Trad. Bowhunters of Minn. He was the president of "Minnesota Bowhunters Inc."

11-Jul-21
I still got their old VHS tapes.

• Sitka Gear