WapitiBob 31-Jul-21
Tilzbow 31-Jul-21
Zbone 31-Jul-21
DanaC 01-Aug-21
Highlife 01-Aug-21
28-Jul-21

Pretty good.....

28-Jul-21
Watching that side shot of his release is really a lesson for any archer.

28-Jul-21
What is the poundage on those competition bows?

28-Jul-21
Brady was steady as a rock, while his competitor's arm was shaking like a leaf!

28-Jul-21
He shot 47# a couple years ago. Not sure what he shoots now.

28-Jul-21
I think Brady (and most Olympic men) shoot about 50-53# but he may have come down in the past year or two as mentioned above.

28-Jul-21
I’m sure he won’t kneel for the National Anthem…. Go Brady!!!

28-Jul-21
Excellent point Norseman.

28-Jul-21
Brady is one of the best if maybe the best. Hope he smokes the Koreans, but there tough to beat in Archery.

28-Jul-21
Amazing talent!! GO USA

28-Jul-21
Beautiful! Looking forward to him standing tall with a gold medal for the US Anthem!

28-Jul-21
Brady rocks!

28-Jul-21
Does he hunt

28-Jul-21
Just 1 among many other accomplishments the first and only person to ever shoot a 900 at Vegas - with a recurve.

28-Jul-21
In my opinion he has completed the most unbelievable feat in archery. Cleaning Vegas with a recurve. Simply amazing.

28-Jul-21
Yes he does hunt... with a compound. Native Arizonian. My nephew was on the US team with him... Brady is on a level no other American archer has been to. Ed F

28-Jul-21
“ Watching that side shot of his release is really a lesson for any archer.”

When you watch these guys/ladies shoot, you really CAN tell how good the shot was just by watching the shooter.

Really cool.

No release, no peep, no let-off. Just totally freakin’ badass.

28-Jul-21
He did drop from 50# pounds due to limbs getting a little faster.

28-Jul-21
X2 Bowfreak

28-Jul-21
Go Brady!!!

28-Jul-21
Brady advances to 3rd round of Men's Individuals...

29-Jul-21
Looks like a bad draw for another American (Jacob Wukie) facing Brady in 1/8 elimination round.

29-Jul-21
What is the distance to the target?

29-Jul-21

StickFlicker's Link
Perhaps not on the level with Brady, but Brady's not the first Olympic gold medalist in archery from Arizona. Jay Barrs also competed in two Olympics back in the '80s. The U.S. boycotted the Olympics during one of the periods in the '80s, or perhaps he would have been in three of them. Arizona has produced many world-class archers over the years. The former coach of the U.S. archery team (and later the Canadian team) is a P&Y Measurer in Arizona.

29-Jul-21
Pat, Olympics is shot at 70 meters, or about 77 yards. That's with a recurve and a tab.

29-Jul-21
After his gold, Jay had to take a urine sample. He asked the Olympic doc if he wanted to hold the cup. The doc said no.

Jay said "Don't worry, I just proved I'm the greatest shot in the world"

29-Jul-21

Norseman 's Link

30-Jul-21

Wukie squeaks one out.....

I didn't realize it earlier but these guys have their heart rates listed near the bottom of the screen. Brady was around 118-120, once down to 110.... guy is gonna fall asleep at the line. =D

Wukie was pumping away near 140, opponent as high as 146.

Also odd how he draws and then brings the bow into position kinda "sideways" to his anchor.

30-Jul-21
Great to see good coverage of archery so far. Go USA !

30-Jul-21
Globe also is home to Brady Ellison, the greatest archer who ever lived. Or at least the guy who says he wants to be.

He is not your typical archer, with combed hair and muted statements. His hair flows unkempt, his beard isn’t neatly trimmed. He often has a fishing hook attached to his tattered baseball cap. He wears jeans and cowboy hats. He lists professional bull rider Lane Frost, who died in a competition in Wyoming in 1989, as his idol. He regularly hunts in his free time – deer, boars, elk, bears, mountain lions, bighorn sheep.

31-Jul-21
Well looks like Turkey, Italy, and Japan took the medal in the individuals class in archery.

31-Jul-21
Bowboy - Yeah, I just seen that... Looks like the Turk who took the gold in the finals beat Brady in the semi-finals...

I recorded and watch some of the Olympic matches, (shame Ellis and Wukie drew each outer) but the thing I don't understand why some of these talented archers seemed overbowed... When you watch closeups, you can actually see some of these archers shaking a little... From what I gathers, there's no bow weight limit, so why don't they shoot lighter bows.... Even it they'd drop down below 40#, the lighter bows can still reach a 70 meter target with those mirco shafts...

31-Jul-21
It’s more anticipation than overbowed.

31-Jul-21

Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Huntcell 's embedded Photo
Turks have Millenia of archery history. Up until 1926 archery training was compulsory in military.

Don't see Turkish composite bows much anymore or those interesting release devises thumb rings “ Zihgir”. Other than in Turkey, worn primarily as jewelry these days.

31-Jul-21
"lighter bow"? As normal, It was shown and discussed, that a higher poundage bow would help arrow flight when gusty/windy on the outside Olympic range.

31-Jul-21
Sure maybe a little anticipation but from what I watched, they are overbowed, not that level of competition, but been there done that with hunting bows with sights...

Yeah Paul, that's what I reckoned too, either that or a macho thing, wouldn't whata be caught with a whimpy bow...8^)

But all seriousness, I know they bring spare bows with them and even carry a backup bow to the line... Why not shoot a lighter bow on calm days and heavier on windy... Am sure there is practice targets before matches and bows are sighted in....

31-Jul-21
I’ve seen guys shooting a compound shake as they pull through a shot. As previously stated it is a mental thing.

I used to shake shooting a clicker with fingers on a compound with 20#s of holding weight. Still do when I get the Carter Evolution out for a form tuneup.

A friend would quiver when shooting his thumb release with back-tension when pulling thru. Not over-bowed either.

31-Jul-21
Back-up bows are worthless in the Olympics. You have 20 seconds and you'll never get to it and make the shot, as the guy from Finland found out.

31-Jul-21
Wow, pretty funny stuff criticizing Olympic archer’s bow weight. As if you know better than the best shooters and coaches in the world…. Some of you guys crack me up!

31-Jul-21
If shaking at full draw, especially with long stable heavy target bows and long heavy stabilizers, they are overbowed, it's that simple...

01-Aug-21
These Olympian archers shoot maybe 250-300 arrows every day. With proper form. They have strength/endurance to spare and I suspect they know to the 1/4 pound of draw weight what they prefer. Other explanations have been offered here than simply being over-bowed. Maybe Occam's Razor doesn't apply here?

01-Aug-21
Damn it Dano I had to look that up lol I believe it aptly applies here. Of course a full disclosure on my part being only 62 years old despite what my kids say I don't know everything ;)

• Sitka Gear