Bob H in NH 29-Jul-21
Zbone 31-Jul-21
JL 31-Jul-21
WV Mountaineer 31-Jul-21
spike buck 31-Jul-21
TGbow 31-Jul-21
jingalls 31-Jul-21
28-Jul-21
https://billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/hung-out-to-dry-hoppers-drought-hit-hi-line-hard/article_c9b3d355-cef7-577b-9a57-4287886e1335.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

this has been crazy in Eastern MT and breaks areas. I was seeing does with fawns early, now there are none in the groups around my house. Grass, feed and crops are mostly burnt and dried out. No bird broods at all and even adult birds are disappearing. Pretty depressing...

28-Jul-21

montnatom's Link
link

28-Jul-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
This is the front of our rental car after a drive to Winifred and the Breaks last week. Grasshoppers where on the move once the sun came up good. Had to hit a car wash to clean off the front of the car and condenser.

28-Jul-21
I'm 3 miles from the Montana border in Wyoming and I've one seen a couple grasshoppers this year. The last two years however they were of plaque proportions.

28-Jul-21
Hideously dry, and smoky here in north Idaho too. I’ve got some irrigation out of the river but may lose that because the water is so low and dropping. Hoppers haven’t hit severely yet. Thunder activity in the forecast. Hopefully the whole place doesn’t go up in flames. This Sucks!

29-Jul-21
Its bad

29-Jul-21
When we were driving down the road from/to Winifred.....you could see the live and dead grasshoppers covering the asphalt. I can recall one time in Florida the love bugs covered the road so bad that the tires would loose traction. I wouldn't have been surprised to have traction problem on hoppers too. It was hailing hoppers there in a few places.

29-Jul-21
They need to get out and bait those swarms. Worked for years fighting hopper and crickets. When they swarm they absolutely destroy the range. It was amazing how much good 2 guys on atvs and bait could do....

29-Jul-21
Was up in the bighorns last weekend. Any grassy area we went through hiking was like pushing a wave of grasshoppers in front of us. Here in town: none.

31-Jul-21
JL - Those freakn Wyoming grasshoppers are downright mean... I was along side the road in the plains area of WY with shorts on and one freakn bit me on the leg, I about lost it... I haven't a clue what species it was but it was a big sucker, and it freakn hurt... Thought I was gonna need a rabie shot...8^) Being a Buckeye, I'd never had a grasshopper bite me and never heard of any biting people but this one sure did...

31-Jul-21
^......Z.....if you were wearing camo shorts, maybe the grasshopper thought your legs were corn stalks?? :-)

31-Jul-21
Ha!

31-Jul-21
We have an outbreak of Grasshoppers here too. NW Ontario

31-Jul-21
Dang..thats bad

31-Jul-21
Just got home from my lease up NW of Billings. Never saw anything like it! Just waves of them moving in the grass. Ranchers are selling their cattle because of the drought. And then they have to deal with grasshopper plagues!!!

• Sitka Gear