Whitty 08-Aug-21
beemann 08-Aug-21
Bowfinatic 08-Aug-21
Jaquomo 09-Aug-21
BULELK1 10-Aug-21
Knifeman 10-Aug-21
Bowfinatic 10-Aug-21
08-Aug-21
Hey Bowsiters, My Son-in-law has a ebike and he's taking to Montana this fall. We are wondering about flat tires, spare tubes, patches, pumps or CO2 cartridges. So what do you guys take to combat flats because of rocks, cacti and other tire problems? Thanks,

08-Aug-21
I use tire liners with tubes, but they aren’t fool proof. I found out the hard way that cactus can still penetrated the sidewalls and puncture the tubes. I may try tubeless tires next, when I wear this set out.

I decided making a field repair on a flat would involve carrying to much stuff, so I use a standard tube repair kit and foot pump that I leave at camp.

I should add, my e-bike has the walk-assist feature, so pushing it back to camp with a flat wasn’t too bad. Without that feature, I’d probably bite the bullet and carry all the necessities to repair a flat in the field.

Matt

08-Aug-21
Thanks, Matt.

08-Aug-21
After several holes due to thorns, I bit the bullet as they say and bought the Tannus foam liners. Wrap all around the tube so it has sidewall protection and so far so good! Expensive but after having to remove the rear tire to patch a tube, the $$ was worth it to me to hopefully never have to do that again.

08-Aug-21
Pull the valve stem and put slime or another similar sealant in em.... You can also go tubeless with a sealant but I did not have good luck that way. Its not that big of a deal to carry an extra tube and co2 and one small plastic tire tool.

08-Aug-21
I went with tannus liners as well

09-Aug-21
Have you guys bought Tannus liners recently? I've been trying to find some for months. I use the standard Tuffy-style tire liners but have had two flats - one from a thorn and one from goatheads. I will be switching to Tannus whenever I can find them.

10-Aug-21

BULELK1's embedded Photo
BULELK1's embedded Photo
I've had good fortune with this stuff.

Good luck, Robb

10-Aug-21

Knifeman's embedded Photo
Knifeman's embedded Photo
Ride near these , it doesnt matter what you use. First day hunting Kansas I found out.

10-Aug-21
Yes I bought tannus last week shipped in 3 days

• Sitka Gear