09-Aug-21

soccern23ny's Link
https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar6/wg1/downloads/report/IPCC_AR6_WGI_SPM.pdf

09-Aug-21
With extreme certainty I unequivocally call this a bunch of BS

09-Aug-21
Looks like someone is trying to move up the list of bowsite lefties

09-Aug-21
You will see more parks, which will be closed to grazing, and hunting.

09-Aug-21
Parks make good carbon sinks.

09-Aug-21
Bring back R-22 More efficient energy use and lowers the earths temp. Win win!

09-Aug-21
Ah, this guy is still around, the new BowSite troll! LMAO

09-Aug-21
^^^^^That’s funny stuff right there^^^^

09-Aug-21
Oh man your gonna get the Covid vaccine police all riled up. What you anti-Vaxers don’t believe in climate change now?!!!!!

09-Aug-21
All this climate BS from the same sources that can't even accurately predict what the weather will be in the next 24 hours. Lies, on top of lies, with more lies.

Man made climate change BS....the new Communism.

09-Aug-21
@woods... climate and weather are two different things. The people who forecast weather (the guy on your news channel) is not involved in predicting future climates. Weather= the next 10 days or so. Climate= decades and centuries and millennia. Ever stop to wonder how interesting it is when your town breaks a "new local weather record" yet the old record was set just a few years ago? What are the chances of that amiright

>" Lies, on top of lies, with more lies. Man made climate change BS....the new Communism."

So you believe in climate change just not man made climate change???? Can you please clarify? Or you don't think the climate is changing at all? Please clarify if you can. And ROFL at the communism/climate change reference. your analogy is about as accurate as Helen Keller playing darts.

Amazing how I merely posted 1 link, and I get called a "leftist/troll". I mean the numbers(temperatures, etc) really aren't up for debate, it's literally what was recorded by a thermometer.

09-Aug-21
Michigan was covered in ice that left a big black rock on a hill when it retreated.

Then there were mastodons living there. Now there’s not.

Which climate change are they talking about now. Will I live long enough to draw a mastodon tag?

Maybe a camel tag before that happens?

Anybody who is stupid enough to believe the the earth’s climate is going to be static , just for us, would let Greta have a seat at the UN.

09-Aug-21
I remember in the 1970's when the scientists said we were going to have another ice age. Even made the cover of Time magazine.

09-Aug-21
Climate change is real and has been going on for millions of years. There was an ice age once, and Montana and North Dakota were oceans. This was long before modern man was in the picture. The changes will of course continue and are doing so. Man likely now contributes too. We make too many babies, live too long, and travel in excess. Climate change is not simply due to man's activities, but we do contribute in some small and very temporary fashion. I am ok with that.

09-Aug-21
The climate has been changing since the earth came into existence. WAAAY before modern man was in the picture. It'll be changing long after we're gone.

Like I said, it's the new Communism. C O N T R OL by the lying scum politicians is all it's about. Money and power...for THEM. Well......**** them!!! I'm DONE with their BS, from this, to the Covid "facts" they make up as they go along and everything else they want to do "for our own good".

As far as I'm concerned, if it comes from the government, OR the UN, then I don't buy it.

09-Aug-21
As far as I'm concerned, this "report" is 42 pages of TP.

09-Aug-21
Global cooling is disastrous for species diversity and plant production. Global warming is good for species diversity and plant production.

The world has been much, much warmer in the past and much much colder. All of that prior to humans doing much beyond building a small fire to keep warm.

The periods of cold were all associated with mass extinctions. The warm periods were all associated with more diversity and greater carrying capacity.

If the historical geological record is correct, we are still in an interglacial period with gradual global warming. We are getting close to the end of that cycle and will likely see global cooling over the next 1,000 to 4,000 years.

Global cooling sucks. The last one wiped out some really cool megafauna like mammoths, giant sloths, long horned bison, short faced bear, saber tooth cats…. All of those species developed in the long period of global warming with excess plant growth. They died when it got cold and the plant production decreased.

Humans survived the cold, but it was tough. Had to totally change our survival mechanisms with the big mammals dying off. Thank God for the global warming that allowed for increased plant food sources that allowed us to flourish!

Global cooling sucks.

09-Aug-21
Guys like this moving to CO from the coast are what have ruined the state. Pisses me off just thinking about it.

09-Aug-21
PS - “Climate Change” and “ Global Warming” are simply another way to get idiots to give up their God Given Rights and hard earned money so the Government can gain more power and special interest groups can expand their interests.

Total bull $#it.

09-Aug-21
@treeline

ELI5 how believing that humans are the main reason for the majority of climate change since the industrial revolution is giving up god given rights and my money to the government???

Belief systems and preferred Gods aside, how does thinking that give up any of my rights? I still have free speech an can still own guns while living in a house that runs of solar power. What money did I lose and what rights did I lose? Literally I'm selling electricity generated by solar back to the power company... I'm making money. Some of these comments are so far removed off the wall it's odd. I think the wild fire smoke is getting to some of you guys.

Hate to break to you but big oil is a special interest and politicians(to include some dems) have been lining their pockets from them.

10-Aug-21
So do you even hunt, or are you just on here to stir the $hit…Seems a awful like the later with all the BS you post! Check your thermometer at the door and do some research of past record temps and when…Was it climate change then?!? SMH and GTFO…

10-Aug-21
Bowsite is going through climate change

10-Aug-21
Don't feed the monkey.

10-Aug-21

Missouribreaks's Link
Today's news.

10-Aug-21
It’s not the stupid I loath. It’s having to share God given resources with them that really irks me.

10-Aug-21
"Amazing how I merely posted 1 link, and I get called a "leftist/troll". I mean the numbers(temperatures, etc) really aren't up for debate, it's literally what was recorded by a thermometer."

WEEEELLLLLL, not exactly. If we went by what the thermometers actually said, we would have little to no temperature change. It is only after NOAA's temperature "adjustments" for time of observation bias and urban heat island effect, that we actually see significant temperature increases in he US temperature record.

10-Aug-21

10-Aug-21

Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Jaquomo's embedded Photo
Not sure what happened with my previous post

10-Aug-21
Look at what these climate change people want to do and you will see that it will be a massive burden to bear for taxes and restrictions of freedoms to travel or do much of anything. And, even with the massive tax increases they will push through to “save the planet”, it will never be enough.

Freedom of speech is no longer an option in the USA…

The same people pushing for climate change legislation are also quite vocal about coming for your guns.

10-Aug-21
Typically, we have shifts with "El Nina" and "El Nino" and jet stream shifts which can create droughts and of course, flooding in other areas. The water/moisture hasn't left the earth, simply is moved and dispersed in different locations.

Most modern scientists subscribe to "incrementalism" (change taking place very slowwwly) over millenia while folks used to believe in "catastrophism" (change taking place quickly, sometimes instantly) Biblical stories, legends and myths record catastrophies within the memory of mankind like mountains forming, huge floods, global fires etc.... We haven't had one for awhile and so most don't even fathom it. If we ever have a planetary or large comet encounter with the earth, then we might see electro magnetic power unleashed many, many times more powerful than gravity which can stretch, roll and wrinkle the earths crust, create huge deluge tidal waves etc....not to mention real climate change more than a few degrees here and there:)

10-Aug-21
Best statement: “The periods of cold were all associated with mass extinctions. The warm periods were all associated with more diversity and greater carrying capacity.” Ever wonder why a greenhouse pumps up the amount of carbon in it?

Soccern23ny is just out to stir things up, cause chaos, confusion and division. The “climate emergency” will soon cause people’s lives to be restricted by the government according to how much carbon they produce. And the western world will unwittingly go along with it, crushing prosperity and making China ever the more powerful.

10-Aug-21
Maybe it’s Gene Jockey….?

10-Aug-21
Fact is the climate is changing. It is always changing. It has changed since the beginning of time.

In the 70's it was "Global Cooling". When that didn't pan out, the narrative changed to "Global Warming". When that narrative no longer held water, they switched to "Climate Change". Why? What is the temperature supposed to be? They are promoting an agenda which can not be validated, proven or disproven. This movement has ZERO to do with climate. It has EVERYTHING to do with control, power and redistribution of wealth.

10-Aug-21
This movement has ZERO to do with climate. It has EVERYTHING to do with control, power and redistribution of wealth. Bingo!

10-Aug-21
Humans have a responsibility to take care of the planet and be good stewards, no debating that.

What evidence is there to make anyone believe that glaciers and the ice caps are supposed to be there anyway? I would submit they were not present when the giant land mass Pangea broke into what we have today, and the now present ice caps were a direct result of that. Rapid warming of oceans through massive plate subduction and deep sea mountains forming. Rapid cooling and intense rainfall/snowfall that lasted decades. The earth is still rebounding from that phenomena. The Himalayas did not form from the collision of two continents, one traveling at inches per year. More like miles per hour.

A massive volcanic eruption will do more to change the global climate than these jokers that wrote this narrative can obviously comprehend...

10-Aug-21
This movement has ZERO to do with climate. It has EVERYTHING to do with control, power and redistribution of wealth. Bingo!

10-Aug-21
What Southern Draw said !

10-Aug-21
Whenever I ask an alarmist what the "ideal" earth temperature should be, they never have an answer.

They are quick to point out that "climate" and "weather" should not be confused, except when it suits their purpose to conflate weather events with climate change.

Where I live in the N. CO mountains, we are having a wet, cool summer with some rain about 5 out of 7 days. Meanwhile, about 40 miles west of us in North Park, they are experiencing a serious drought. "Climate change" or "weather"?

10-Aug-21
I worked more cold nights this past winter(frost protection for my crops) than I have in 10 years. Coolest winter we’ve had down here in a while. It did get hot as hell come April

10-Aug-21
Don't worry Soccer, you made the mistake of trying to use facts. It's a well known fact on here that if faux news, newsmax, or cadet bonespurs didn't say it, it isn't so. Next up, you'll be hearing how frack water and glyphosphate are good for you, climate change is a tyrannical or chinese plot, or both, and that 99% of the world's most established experts in any field are wrong, based on what someone heard from someone's neighbor's cousinwife.

10-Aug-21
Don’t discount their Religion fellas. They hiss Like a cornered cat!

10-Aug-21
* frac-water. If you're going to walk the walk, then learn to talk the talk...

Still waiting for a climatologist to explain why an entire culture in the Four Corners region of the USA suddenly and mysteriously disappeared. Or why the mid-west and eastern USA was more subtropical 2,000 years ago. Just what happened to flash-freeze a mastodon with grass in its mouth while it was grazing? That's right. Humans...

10-Aug-21
Leftist scientist and global warmologists claim that 95% or more of the thickest and oldest arctic ice has already melted and that we lose an additional 13% of ice per year. These are the same idiots that said when that happened Miami and New York would be under water. When is this going to happen?

10-Aug-21
"Don't worry Soccer, you made the mistake of trying to use facts. It's a well known fact on here that if faux news, newsmax..."

It shows on Newsmax that Cuomo has resigned as NY's gov'r. Must be fake...

10-Aug-21
So, if a glass of water has ice in it and is filled 1/2" from the top of the glass, when the ice melts, is the glass going to overflow?

If all the icebergs in the ocean melt, and the ice caps covering the oceans melt, how is the world going to flood if displacement is already accounted for...?

10-Aug-21
The correct earth temperature is a little warmer than right now. That will bring mega-whitetails with less winter kill to Manitoba while increasing elk populations and not putting moose out of reach. All the while walleye, perch, crappie, pike and small mouth are all still thriving. Might have to drive for lakers though. Winters will be still be god enough for a few months of pond hockey but not as annoyingly long as they are now.

I'll even get to have comfortable all day whitetail rut sits like you lucky peckers in the US.

10-Aug-21
Ice on land above the current watermark doesn’t account for that scenario.

10-Aug-21
@HDE.... then how is the sea level rising? Or are all the measuring instruments just lying?

https://nsidc.org/cryosphere/quickfacts/iceshelves.html

>"Because ice shelves already float in the ocean, they do not contribute directly to sea level rise when they break up. However............... Glaciers and ice sheets rest on land, so once they flow into the ocean, they contribute to sea level rise." (Also, GreenLAND)

So it's more like taking a glass, filling it with a giant hunk of ice that sticks 8 inches out of the cup, filling it halfway with water and then watching it melt... it overflows. Literally places are sinking/water levels are rising, that point is not up for debate.

10-Aug-21
So help me understand what is wrong with a few inches rising sea levels in the grand scheme? In the overall big picture of the earth's ecosystem. My house in Colorado used to be underwater.

Anyway, that is impossible because Obama said on the night he won the primary that it was the night the rise of the seas would slow and the planet would heal. So it must be true.

10-Aug-21
I either need a Cliff Notes or Reader's Digest version of this report. I didn't read this many pages in college !! Just an overview please.

10-Aug-21
Greg, its yet another politically-motivated report that excluded studies from climatologists which didn't reach the "approved" result. Or as they told my late friend, Dr. William Gray, who led the team of the top hurricane and storm scientists and predictors in the world, their study results "didn't meet IPCC standards".

10-Aug-21
I am actually quite happy that there might be climate change. I have a short attention span and get bored easily when everything is constant

10-Aug-21
@soccern23ny...go and reread my post.

Take the equivalent volume of water in land ice, and compare it to the surface area of the world's oceans, not negating evaporation which will happen at a faster rate because we're cookin' now, and then tell me how much the world's ocean levels will rise over time, because it won't happen over a weekend.

Looks like we have a bunch of PhD's on somebody's bankroll. The only way your going to get a increase in water height is to displace it with a solid. Physics 101.

And, if the temp is rising, and ice is melting, and the temp keeps rising, evaporative cooling begins causing more rain and snowfall. Viscous cycle indeed...

10-Aug-21
@hde lol... read the report! it says how much they think it will rise. I'm not an ocean/artic scientist. thats why I read. Go find a further summarized version. The issue isn't that it's just merely rising. it's that it's rising faster than it ever has in history, aside from possible cataclysmic events(dinosaur meteor). And mere rise isn't the only issue. As the ice melts it will change ocean salinity, reflect less light/absorb more(heat), effect ocean currents. Every one of those changes will have additional changes on other parts of our planet, all of them compounding off each other. Do we know this for certain how much these changes will occur? No... however we do know these changes WILL happen, it's a matter of when and how bad and what the ultimate outcome will be. Changes are already occurring with the ocean that are verifiable and directly linked to the above. You're right it won't happen over one of our human weekends. The issue is in geologic/earth time it may happen in a "weekend"(20, 50, 100 years) That is too fast for most animals to adapt/leads to drastic outcomes. Stuff like this can be seen on a small micro scale across the world. Good or bad... whether it's diverting rivers, purposely introducing invasive species, etc... when those things happen "overnight/a weekend" massive changes happen that local wildlife can't often adapt to whether it was intentional or not. A few inches or degrees over a thousand years isn't going to have the same gradual change as a few inches or degrees over 100 years.

Also evaporation doesn't make water disappear, nor will it effect/lower the oceans. It evaporates... and then it rains. it merely moves it somewhere else. All the water we have on earth is here and doesn't leave it. (and no, that doesn't automatically mean farmers who need more rain will get more rain, they may get less, while those who don't need it get more)

@Jaq, a few inches of rain decade after decade has impacts(read the report it says what they think will happen... best case and worst case scenario). 90% of earth lives within 100 miles of the coast. Everyone's gonna be moving closer to you Jaq as the seas rise.

10-Aug-21
Sorry soccer, but the coastal rats have to go down with the ship. And they can scream "I told you so!!", as they float away in their lulu lemon's, franticly typing on the latest iphone, on a raft of Starbucks cups.

10-Aug-21
A man can dream, Ambush!!!!

10-Aug-21
A warmer planet saves lives. Cold is a far bigger killer than heat. Also, I am shopping for land in the Dakotas for a pineapple plantation. If we stop getting warmer my plans will be all screwed up.

Seriously though, we do need to take action on the climate by preparing to adapt and thrive whichever way it goes. Pretending higher taxes and more regulation will change the climate is a giant waste of money and freedom.

11-Aug-21
The problem isn't the total number of people in the world, the problem is the number of them who are gullible, lying, a-holes.

11-Aug-21
@soccer, don't need to read the report. I get the same satisfaction reading a sci-fi novel. And, it's more realistic...

11-Aug-21
The people who made that report have BS, MS, and PHDs. That specifically would be.... B ulls**t, M ores**t, P iled H igher and D eeper!

11-Aug-21
Michigan was covered in ice that left a big black rock on a hill when it retreated.

Then there were mastodons living there. Now there’s not.

Which climate change are they talking about now. Will I live long enough to draw a mastodon tag?

Maybe a camel tag before that happens?

Anybody who is stupid enough to believe the the earth’s climate is going to be static , just for us, would let Greta have a seat at the UN.

11-Aug-21
The book Unsettled? by Steven Koonin is a good read on the IPCC Climate reports and global warming/climate change or whatever it will be called in the future. He was the undersecretary for science at the U.S. Department of Energy in the Obama administration. His conclusion is that humans will do what we have always done and adapt to our changing climate. In the book he address sea change and how the rise we are seeing is in the normal range seen in the past. He also goes into the climate models and how poor they are and why. Plus much more about the hyping going on in the media and the mitigation being proposed like carbon capture and why they won't work.

11-Aug-21
Last time I heard a “best case/worst case” prediction based on “don’t question me, it’s science” was about 18 months ago. For whatever reason, I didn’t panic then, and I’m not panicking now. That “best case” prediction turned out to be about 10,000 times worse than what reality was

11-Aug-21
Bam! Thank you Ambush.

11-Aug-21
Michael Shellenberger Apocalypse Never: Why Environmental Alarmism Hurts Us All (2020) is a good read as well. He comes from inside the movement and highlights the shenanigans of the government/media fear cycle.

11-Aug-21

Bowbender's Link
I'm sorry you were saying....

You know it's a scam when the anointed elite own homes on Martha's Vineyard and Idaho, use a private jet to travel between the two, when the icons of the climate change scam take private jets to a "Climate Change Summit" on the Med, tool around in yachts while dining like kings and queens and deciding how the commoners need to adjust their lifestyle, when lil Climate Change Rockstar Greta Thunberg travels all over the world with her little 17 year old face scrunched up in outrage, then jetting off to spend Christmas in Europe because in her words "I like to travel and meet new people..."

Sell crazy somewhere else. .This place is booked full.

11-Aug-21
Criticizing the party at Martha's Vineyard is racist. And poor Greta, that is sexist.

11-Aug-21
So, if saying obama is a fool, does that mean it's a foolist thing to say...?

11-Aug-21
Have you noticed that there has never been a single study, not one over the past 40+ years of global warming hysteria that cited one positive affect of "man made" climate change. Not one positive outcome.

That's how you know it's complete BS. I mean, wouldn't a warmer Canada, Russia, Greenland be a good thing? We know more CO2 means more plants, more forestation, more crops.

Then there's also all those old timey pictures of beaches with rock formation taken 100 years ago that look exactly the same today.

"Climate change", absolutely, "man made climate change", most likely. "Catastrophic man made climate change", without a doubt the greatest hoax in the history of mankind.

11-Aug-21
Until someone answers the fundamental question "What is the optimum temperature of the Earth?" I could really care less about their biased papers they try to pass for research studies. As was posted above in this post a volcanic eruption (ever heard of Krakatoa??) , normal solar flares, meteor impact would change climate much quicker than any human activity , ever. Plenty of scientific evidence that it can and did in the history of the planet.

The arrogance of those proposing the "New Green Deal" is astounding. One of the best posts I saw was a founder of Greenpeace (about as radical as they get) calling out some greenine on all the wholes in their plan.

Until they can provide a public transportation to my favorite hunting spot, fishing hole, etc. they can basically all shut up. I have enough of a science background to know when they are full of it. Al Gore was 20+ years ago, so were the alarmists in the 60s and even little Gretta T. who was a tool or useful idiot by the radicals.

11-Aug-21

Glunt@work's Link
There are studies, papers, opinions and theories on how global warming may be beneficial. They aren't in line with whats popular so you have to dig a bit. Always good to get info from both sides and view it all with a critical eye.

11-Aug-21
They tell us to believe the science...except biology.

12-Aug-21
^^^ this. They aren't accepted into the IPCC process and generally refused peer review because the "peers" don't want to risk ending the beautiful grant gravy train. My friend Dr. Gray explained the whole scheme to me in detail.

12-Aug-21
Climate changing is a long term process whereas weather patterns change like romney flip flops on policy.

Still waiting to hear back if the polar ice caps are really supposed to be there...

12-Aug-21
https://www.wsj.com/articles/unsettled-review-theconsensus-on-climate-11619383653

Here you go soccern. After reading the article buy and read the book.

12-Aug-21
HDE, no, they were supposed to be gone several times over the last 20 years or so.

12-Aug-21
^^^ yeah, for that to happen and melt all that ice mass that quickly, we'd die anyway from 200 deg temps.

12-Aug-21
Is it possible Temps are up because we have less free water now. How much water is in tanks and pipelines today? That water is essentially taken out of circulation, nature's response is to melt some ice to replace what is tied up. I belive it will balance itself again. I think we are being naive to believr we have very much control over nature. The natural system works very well all things considered.

12-Aug-21
Where did all the water go if there is less of it now? Certainly not into outer space...

12-Aug-21
They will never say the day that miami and new york go under water even though they claim to know the rate of ice melt. These sophisticated scientist should be able to take a calculator and give us a date certain. I think I know why they won't.

12-Aug-21
There is always a chicken little in every crowd.

13-Aug-21
The unfortunate problem for alarmists is that snow mass balance on Greenland has been increasing in the last few years. Hard to meet sea level rise goals with this unfortunate truth.

13-Aug-21
When 'Waterworld' becomes our reality, and me being simple minded, I would think water will continue to do what water always does and back up into sea outlet river channels and seek its own level as the banks of the Jersey shore get "overtaken".

Glad I don't live in the Big Easy...

13-Aug-21
I think a good bit of the Southern Ice caps are increasing as sone of the attic caps are decreasing. No, I know that was fact as reported. How do you explain that?

Common sense left a decent amount of people quite a while ago. Generations following lost direction. And, we end up with this. People hung up on something we couldn’t change if we wanted too.

The arrogance of man is absurd. And, literally frightening to me. We haven’t evolved. Become more civilized. Or anything remotely of the sort. We are getting more ignorant by the generation.

13-Aug-21
^^^^^ THIS. We are so full of ourselves we can’t see how stupid we really are!

There’s one thing for certain, if we humans try to fix it, we bound to create 2 problems while fixing 1!!!! In other words we F*** everything up!

13-Aug-21
^^^^^ Think that's where "S.N.A.F.U." comes into play...

13-Aug-21
"Charlton Heston reads the intro of STATE OF FEAR, researched and written by the late Michael Crichton who wrote Jurassic Park, Congo, Sphere & many other famous books. "

14-Aug-21

Missouribreaks's Link
More regulations in America merely creates this.......and drives the price up of energy for all Americans. No impact on the overall environment, huge impact on our wallets.

14-Aug-21
You got it! That's what this is all about...money, and most importantly POWER. That's how bureaucrats work. And when something comes from a "think tank"....RUN!!! It's just more lies from people who've never held a real job or produced a single damn thing.

• Sitka Gear