Scoot 17-Aug-21
Jaquomo 17-Aug-21
fisherick 17-Aug-21
Deertick 17-Aug-21
billygoat 17-Aug-21
14-Aug-21

billygoat's embedded Photo
billygoat's embedded Photo
First time I saw a no E-bike sign. Are these becoming more common? This is in Colorado

14-Aug-21
A first for me too

Thanks for posting the pic

Good luck, Robb

14-Aug-21
I've never seen one either. I rode my ebike several miles up a gated road back when I was trying to get a ticket. Ended up riding with a USFS supervisor and his family for a couple miles. He thought my ebike was way cool and said he needed to get one...

14-Aug-21
I think certain areas have them banned. E bikes are also broken down into different classes of bike... and I assume this is for regulation when it comes to not allowing them or certain bikes.

I was reading over the "Colorado State Recreation Lands" brochure and they have a breakdown...

"In state wildlife areas, e-bikes are allowed on designated roads and within designated camping or parking areas where motorized vehicles are allowed. THEY ARE PROHIBITED IN ALL OTHER AREAS".

IDK what general forest roads rules are.

14-Aug-21
Call the area supervisor to find out. Might be something in the COA or operating agreement for the lease.

14-Aug-21
USFS closed roads are closed to even Class 1 and 2 bikes. National Parks allow them anywhere regular bikes are allowed. BLM allows them almost everywhere regular bikes are allowed, unless otherwise designated. They have a published map of open trails. This sign in the OP was a USFS sign, which they are starting to post on some closed roads.

14-Aug-21
The signage indicates there are gas wells in the area. Gas wells are known to produce H2S (hydrogen sulfide) which is a flammable gas.

I'm guessing the E-bike ban/restriction is due a potential hazard. But then again, I might be wrong.

14-Aug-21
Search H2S on the OSHA website, it gives a pretty good explanation of the potential hazards as well as how it'll appears around oil and gas fields along with the fact its heavier than air and tends to collect in low lying areas.

15-Aug-21
This is an area popular with guys using mountain bikes currently for hunting and I have been expecting E-bikes to join the mix.

I used to bike it. It's mostly pushing the bike up, but you get a fast free ride down in the dark with your brakes burning! Beats plodding out those last couple miles when you're wiped out already.

15-Aug-21
Sign, sign Everywhere a sign Blockin' out the scenery Breakin' my mind Do this, don't do that Can't you read the sign?

15-Aug-21
Sounds like a 70's doper that never pulled a string?

17-Aug-21
That sign is interesting... only authorized folks are allowed in there, but it specifically says e-bikes aren't allowed? If you're not authorized, it appears you're not allowed in there on foot, on an ATV, in your truck, or by unicycle. Why specifically mention e-bikes aren't allowed? It's kinda weird...

17-Aug-21
Much of what the USFS does is kinda weird. Like by my house, spending taxpayer money to cut down hundreds of live trees to block a hiking trail out of our community for 200 yards that connects to an open ATV/4WD road. The hiking trail is on a portion of the Forest Road that they blocked from vehicle access years ago with berms. Their explanation was, "It was planned work". Then they told us we couldn't clear a footpath through because no cutting of trees, live or formerly live, is allowed. It's doghair new growth lodgepole so pretty much impenetrable on either side of the closed road.

17-Aug-21
Just received info pack from the USFS for Routt NF clearly states No E-bikes, game carts, bikes, etc. in wilderness areas.

17-Aug-21
Saw one on STATE land in Wyoming recently

17-Aug-21
There is one of those stand alone flat posts that shows all the stick people that are allowed, foot horseback, "trad" bike

• Sitka Gear