BigOk 18-Aug-21
Ron Niziolek 18-Aug-21
Jasper 18-Aug-21
17-Aug-21

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Jake is in the middle.
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Jake is in the middle.
This am I’ve texted and spoken with some Afghanistan and Iraq vets and some of the Purple Heart Recipients we took on Bow Hunts. They could use your support today and it’s needed. We’re proud of your service.

PS: Please keep this about those that were there and their service.

17-Aug-21
Great post. My son (whom has done tours in the Iraq war is extremely upset the past couple days. A big THANK YOU to all who are, and have served.

17-Aug-21
Great reminder, thanks for posting this Charlie.

17-Aug-21
I feel for those gentlemen, just as I feel for our country. What a debacle. Leadership is important, the lack thereof is now very apparent. We have lost all credibility this week , we are the laughingstock of the world.

A once mighty nation that no longer keeps it's promises to it's allies and citizens, but whores itself out to those who would see it fall and crumble. Absolutely despicable.

17-Aug-21
Thanks for posting, Charlie.

17-Aug-21
Ron: Thinking of Sam.

17-Aug-21
It seems the US can spend tons of money to make the Afgan male look like soldier, but not to fight like a soldier and defend their own country. So sad indeed and I feel for those US soldiers that served and died there. Thanks for the reminder Charlie. My best, and prayers. Paul

17-Aug-21
My daughter served a term in Mosul, was never able to trust the Iraq soldiers they were with, had some shocking stories about their disregard for life. My thoughts are with all our soldiers past & present.

17-Aug-21
It was past time to get out. BUT!

We should have coordinated to get our allies and their families out first. Then done the withdraw in the winter when the Mujahidin and Taliban is holed up in Pakistan for the winter.

What a disgrace. If this is his administrations level of knowledge and comprehension. Man China and Russia just got a good lesson

He blamed Trump stating trump had this plan in place. Which is false. Trumps plan had key initiatives and goals that had to be met first.

It’s also laughable that he would say that he was just following trumps plan.

It didn’t seem to bother him to reverse a dozen other of Trump’s plans.

Iran nuclear sanctions Paris climate bs Mexico border Canada oil pipeline Russia pipeline to Germany

17-Aug-21
"PS: Please keep this about those that were there and their service."

I guess that part needed repeated, Charlie.

Thanks to all our vets....you are all VERY much appreciated!

17-Aug-21
Thank you to all who served.

17-Aug-21
It’s a hard line to toe. Keep sending our military into a place that the people themselves are not willing to fight for. Or, keep sending our people into a place so a form of normalcy and peace exists.

There is not one human entity that’s given to the world as much as the men and women of the United States armed forces. Not one. For that willingness and sacrifice, we have the greatest country in the world. I just hope the fight continues to stay outside our borders. But, I’m guessing it won’t.

17-Aug-21
Praying for the American troops and other military troops who have been deployed to Afghanistan that they can get out safely. Also for the civilians support to get out safely. Also for the innocent people of Afghanistan who have no skin in this war and are only unfortunate citizens of the country.

The US has pissed away a lot of money and lost a lot of lives unnecessarily in this fiasco. I am old enough to remember- this is another "Vietnam."

I agree- we should have had orderly withdrawal in the winter.

17-Aug-21
It’s with profound appreciation of the the US military, who gave of themselves selflessly, that we have become the greatest country in the world. My family thanks you, one and all.

Personally, I want to thank my many family members who have served and continue to serve. LEST WE FORGET!!

17-Aug-21
Very cool…

17-Aug-21
Semper Fi to those guys.. And props to you Charlie, u r a good man..

17-Aug-21
Sorry about my rant and not following direction Charlie. What do you expect from retired Navy.

17-Aug-21
Quote below from a Purple Heart Recipient text I got today. Just tell them you’re proud of them.

“Yea, I’d say the guys are pretty shook. Spent most of the afternoon on the phone yesterday. It’s just a hard pill to swallow for all of us”.

17-Aug-21
THANKS to all our past and current vets. My nephew, a marine is in Afghanistan and it is scary.

17-Aug-21
Family and friends past and present serving/served iraq and Afghanistan and dessert storm in the 90s. Thank you to all!! Not a day goes by I don’t appreciate what our military has done and continues to do for us!

17-Aug-21

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
Without derailing a worthy topic....I got this from the VA in an email yesterday. There is some good stuff in it for folks who might be struggling with the current events or know someone(s) who is and might get some benefit from this info. If someone would like me to email it to them...just send me a PM with your email address. That way the links are hot.

17-Aug-21
I'm past the point of supporting freedom to those that are not willing to fight for it.

17-Aug-21
Most of us civilians are very humbled and proud of our military and all the things they do to protect us and our nation. THANK YOU to all our veterans and current service members!!!!

17-Aug-21
My father is a Vietnam vet and my heart breaks that he has had to watch this scenario play out twice now in his lifetime (Saigon and now Kabul). He received the same email from the VA that JL screen shot above. This should be a sobering realization for those of us that were not involved in this conflict....the VA understanding this disaster will result in Veterans taking their own lives. Difficult to even type these words. Those of us who have not served have a debt to our veterans which can never be repaid, however it is our duty to be engaged and try to save the country we do have. Thank a veteran, get educated on the issues at hand, and get involved. I am grateful that men such as our veterans lived and served. Thank you

17-Aug-21
Sad deal… I spent much of my tour there in 2013 closing down bases. If the Afghans couldn’t provide a support plan to keep the equipment and infrastructure operational, it was destroyed. Unsurprisingly, much of it was. I’m not a frontline warrior by any means, but I do get to travel more than most while deployed in support of those that need it most and was certainly in some rather precarious situations at times. The future of that region is unfortunately very uncertain.

17-Aug-21
Thank you to all who served there! Much appreciated. We just can't always understand what's behind all this but our awesome troops do what is requested. Can't help but compare what we went through in Nam.

17-Aug-21
Thanks to all you present serviceman and vets for continuing to make that flag mean so much to me and all old guys that gave "some" and their families and especially the veterans and families of those that "gave all". Your service is certainly appreciated every time we hear the national anthem or see that Old Glory raised.

17-Aug-21
I have the greatest respect for our military vets. My greatest regret in life is not joining the Army when I graduated high school. I was all ready to go and sign the dotted line. Didn’t do it simply because my Mom was so afraid of losing me. That was well over 25 years ago.

17-Aug-21
The other ones we want to be concerned about are all of the U.S. citizens that were over there when this mess started. No one is certain how many are there nor how we are going to get them out. On Hannity tonight, Prez Trump said he heard it could be up 14,000....Hannity said no one knows for sure. If it's true Americans citizens (contractors??) were left behind, I hope we can get them out safely.

17-Aug-21
Obama was a terrible president. But he did say, “Don’t underestimate the ability of Joe Biden to Fock things up.” One of the rare occasions Obama was right. Biden is totally incompetent. And his VP, I’m afraid is even worse. We as a country are not in a good place at all, with no change in sight, short of 2024 elections. Thanks to all who sacrificed and did a great job in Afghanistan, and Iraq. My nephew has been on a air to air refueling tanker on many missions there. I’ll check in with him to get his take on this.

17-Aug-21
Just a simple “Thank You” to all who have served and sacrificed so much for this great country! Thoughts and prayers for wisdom and for the safety of those still in harm’s way in such a dangerous situation, as well.

17-Aug-21
God bless all our vets and active military. My oldest son and my daughter in law have served tours in Afghanistan and other countrys in the middle east. My buddy lost his son there. Despite the incompetance at the top, these men and women are true American hero's.

17-Aug-21
My daughter spent a lot of time in both places. I spent time in Iraqi. I feel for veterans and gold star families who lost loved ones or were severely wounded. Thier is always way to much incompetence decisions made. I also feel for the folks who went out of thier way helping us and are now a target and will likely be killed. It's a sad state of affairs to say the least!

17-Aug-21
Thank you to all our veterans!

18-Aug-21
My ex spent a year in Kabul in 2016/2017 and she is having a very hard time as we texted and talked thru this weeks events.

Reminds me of the fall of Saigon when I was in Nam (not in Saigon though).

Good luck, Robb

18-Aug-21
My brother-in-law is a Lt Col in the Army and has spent 2 or 3 tours in Afghanistan. Haven't asked him, but I know he is frustrated with all this.

18-Aug-21
Talked to my nephew who rides in an air to air tanker refueling fighter jets and bombers. He’s done many trips to the Mid East. He said the situation is like a kick in the junk for him and the pilots and others he’s worked with. I sure hope he does not have to go back under the totally incompetent leadership of our country.

18-Aug-21
Thank you to those currently serving and to the veterans.

18-Aug-21
My son, Nick and two nephews, Ryan and Sam, spent tours there, also Iraq and Somalia. Love those guys and deeply in debt to them and all others that serve and have served.

18-Aug-21
Praying for them every day! Where in the hell would we be without our brave military?

• Sitka Gear