Pat Lefemine 01-Sep-21
dhaverstick 03-Sep-21
Z Barebow 16-Sep-21
IdyllwildArcher 16-Sep-21
StickFlicker 19-Sep-21
01-Sep-21

archeryav's embedded Photo
archeryav's embedded Photo
Hi I'm living in Europe and since a week or so I can't access anymore with the website and I've an error message like this. I'm able to connect here by using a VPN with an USA Ip address. It's really weird, do any of you had this ?

Thanks Antoine

01-Sep-21
Antoine, we made the difficult decision to block several foreign countries due to the fact that the hackers outnumber the legitimate foreign visitors 10-1. Our demographic is almost entirely North America. We are evaluating the decision and may reverse at some point but as of now it has significantly reduced the attempts to compromise the site.

01-Sep-21
well I can understand that but as I'm living in France, I don't think the hackers are using our IP address to attack you....

01-Sep-21
Unfortunately there’s no way for me to know what IP address is good or bad.

France and Germany are major hubs for criminal Ransomware gangs. Not as bad as Russia or China but still up there.

I hated to do this but like every site we’ve seen a dramatic escalation in attempted breaches in the last year. As we continue to tune our defenses we may be able to reverse this in the future.

01-Sep-21
Anyway to know the IP address for households registered as democrats? Lot hacks coming from them on your site lately.

01-Sep-21
So if you can’t get on Bowsite then how are you on Bowsite now?

01-Sep-21
Spike, he used a US based VPN service to get here. Foreign hackers use them to get around controls like our Geography blocks as well.

I’m surprised nobody noticed but our spam bot posts have all but disappeared due to the enhanced security we implemented.

01-Sep-21
Ah I see thanks

01-Sep-21
Pat - I have noticed the spammers have subsided some. There is one from July still on the Florida forum. I haven't checked any other state forums.

01-Sep-21
Thanks, I just cleared those out, and a bunch of other states. They all pre-dated our new security controls.

03-Sep-21
I've had the same problem all day on The Leatherwall site and I live in Missouri.

16-Sep-21
Refresh

I posted new thread on this. I get same error from work pc and I live in middle America. (I work in local government so should not be foreign!)

16-Sep-21
I get the same error from my phone when i try and click on PMs, but it doesn't happen on a PC.

19-Sep-21
If only Pat could block those spammers that are putting that banner ad across the bottom of the screen! Ha!!

• Sitka Gear