Stealth2 05-Sep-21
TGbow 05-Sep-21
btb 05-Sep-21
TGbow 05-Sep-21
Griz 09-Sep-21
TGbow 09-Sep-21
Rut Nut 09-Sep-21
01-Sep-21
Im thinkin about goin to snake gaiters ..I probably have another season left out of my Lacrosse snake boots. Just curious if anybody has used both gaiters n snake boots? What is your opinion on both? Thanks

04-Sep-21
Anybody?

04-Sep-21
Have heard good things about Turtle skins.

04-Sep-21
Thanks William. One thing about the gaiters is i can use them with whatever boots or shoes Im wearing..Ive never used them though

04-Sep-21
TGBow I bought some for a Texas turkey hunt I've never used if you're looking.You are welcome to try them first

04-Sep-21
That would be good, how do you like them as far as way they feel over your boots? I know you didnt use them on the hunt but just your impression?

05-Sep-21
The only advise I can give you is don't get the cheap hard plastic snake gators. They are uncomfortable and you won't wear them. They feel ok until you start walking around.

05-Sep-21
Peco, think Im gonna stick with the rubber snake boots. Lots wet areas where I hunt so Im usually wearing rubber boots anyway. From my reserach I did see where some of them look like they would be noisey

05-Sep-21
RockyD, that's what I figured would happen after doin some research

05-Sep-21
I have the turtle skins and they are great with my heavier backpacking boots. That said, I don’t tend to wear them for most hunting situations. I have Rocky 17” snakeboots and Lacrosse Rubber Snakeboots I wear for hunting. I only wear the gaiters on backpacking trips or longer hikes where I want the support (and fit) of my backpacking boots.

BTW, Peco is right! If you go with the gaiters, spend the money and go with the Turtle Skins, you won’t be disappointed.

05-Sep-21
Thanks everyone for the info. Perry, I have Lacrosse snake boots, 18", they dont make the 18" any longer..they been good. Last year I used some shoe goo to patch em up

05-Sep-21
I use LaCrosse Snake boots AND Turtleskin Snake Gaiters. Expensive but well worth the money. When sneaking around in the spring for turkeys, my areas cover plenty of Copperhead and timber Rattlesnake hideouts. never leave home without them.

05-Sep-21
Dang Joe, I know you are a ground hunter like myself...the TS gaiters must not be that noisey if you are usin them. Double protection wont hurt

05-Sep-21
I wear Turtle skins all the time, but I do live and hunt in southern Arizona.

05-Sep-21
Bruce, I live in south Alabama, lots of cotton mouths and rattlers.

09-Sep-21
I wore them a couple of times in Wyoming and found them to be comfortable but hot. A few years ago I got hit by a rattler just above my gaiters on the kneecap. Stay away from dry gulches with banks!!! Fortunately, it hit the bone of my kneecap and didn't inject much venom. Just enough to make the 26 hour ride home uncomfortable. No drama like Rut Nut's encounter.

09-Sep-21
Dang Grizz..Im glad it wasnt worse.

09-Sep-21
I remember when you told me about that Griz. NO DRAMA is good! ;-)

BTW, they DO make snake CHAPS! : )

• Sitka Gear